Celebrity Ship = No Way

Ashland

35 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Is there a Celebrity ship that you wouldn't care to sail on and why?

I've only done Eclipse A1 and have Reflection S2 booked.

So my experience as to class of ship is limited at this point.

I absolutely loved the Edge, have not been on Summit since refurb but it looks fantastic.  May 2021, I am on B2B on Apex, will report back.  All in all, I find Celebrity to be the best cruise line.  Service, staff (amazing) and food in restaurants always good, not a buffet guy at all so cannot speak to that.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

In all honesty, my preference would to be not to sail on Edge or Apex. I don't like ships that big.

I've been on the Edge and I would say that it definitely doesn't feel large at all.  The S-Class seems much larger to me.....the Edge reminds me more of the M-Class.

I went on the Harmony of the Seas a few years ago during the holidays....that was too big.  However there are those who love that.

I just miss cruising....I am so ready to go!

Edited by islandgirlejfan
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

We have not been on Edge or Apex but we love the S class and can't wait for Aug 26 to sail on Silhouette.  i agree with PTC that I would sail tomorrow if there were a vaccine available.  Do so miss cruising.

32 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

In all honesty, my preference would to be not to sail on Edge or Apex. I don't like ships that big.

So you only like M class

Edge class and S class carry about the same number of passengers and size they are about the same

the edge is 36 ft shorter but 8 ft wider 

Edited by Airbalancer
  • Like 2

Celebrity is the best 5 star cruise line and you should go for it if you can afford it.
Because after Covid it has become really expensive.

Princess is also good in the five star category and is much cheaper right now.

1 hour ago, islandgirlejfan said:

I've been on the Edge and I would say that it definitely doesn't feel large at all.  The S-Class seems much larger to me.....the Edge reminds me more of the M-Class.

I went on the Harmony of the Seas a few years ago during the holidays....that was too big.  However there are those who love that.

I just miss cruising....I am so ready to go!

Totally agree here.  It feels open, expansive, amazing sea views with the marvelous wall of windows, the color scheme is so calming.  If you are unsure, perhaps try one of the shorter cruises (once they resume) relatively inexpensive way to form your own opinion.  Happy decision making.

9 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

The glass is always half full...though being totally honest, I did Carnival 2x, UGH on both, was not my thing.

Was that because of the ship itself or because of the passengers? We've not sailed on Carnival, but have seen videos of horror shows on some of them.

4 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Was that because of the ship itself or because of the passengers? We've not sailed on Carnival, but have seen videos of horror shows on some of them.

It was a combination of both.  Remember the days when the traveling carnival or circus would come to town, and the mid-way atmosphere?  That was Ok when I was 13 yo but not anymore.  The passengers, very many but certainly not all, OMG is all I can say, as my mom used to say, "you just can't make this stuff up"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Agree.  Love S class.

Must say that we find the S class ‘not too big, not too small but just right’

However...

24 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

I've yet to cruise on any ship that I didn't enjoy. :classic_biggrin:

Agree! We always do our homework first so when we cruised Carnival (many years ago) we did have realistic expectations.  We did not expect luxury or relaxation we expected a short family cruise experience which was what we got. We never repeated the experience because we realised we wanted something ‘more’ but that was our choice rather than Carnival’s error. We also cruised Star cruises in SE Asia and enjoyed the difference from anything else we had experienced. 

We regularly  look at a range of cruise lines (plenty of free time at present!) and it is all about finding the ‘ambience’ that suits you...not too stiff but not too casual, not too formal but not too relaxed....

• Like 3

The older M Class ships we have been on  have/ had some issues with  A/C, septic systems and dated furnishings/ furniture. We also are not crazy about the interior Persian Gardens..no views out to the sea.  We have not been on a recently updated M Class ship, and were hoping to sail on Constellation post update from Tampa.

Connie in 2021  ( updated or not) was not meant to be, and we shifted to Reflection.  Ironically, that's our least fav S Class ship due to its  size and layout.  Circular bar aft is too crowded as are other places; the spa and solarium on 2 diff levels is not convenient it  has a truncated night club, etc.  For us it was a one and done.

But never say never.  We had limited choices for lift and shift and the dates and itin worked out.  Plus we have a nice aft suite!  Hope it works out for 2022.

I enjoyed EDGE twice..but dh not so much ( as I   only learned recently!)   We will eventually try APEX..but maybe for a short cruise.

Edited by hcat

We wouldn’t go on the Silhouette. We found the internet to be spotty on a TA, by far the worst on the six we’ve done. The production shows are pathetic since the started producing their own. The food and service is average at best. On the plus side, the ship is beautiful and the staff are super friendly. Last year we did the Equinox and found it much better in all categories.

I have not sailed Edge class yet (was going to this November, but...........).  I have sailed every other ship Celebrity ever sailed.  My least favorite is Reflection.  I like to sail Aqua Class, and they have more AQ cabins, but Blu is the same size.  It makes for crowds and sometimes long waits, especially since the Maitre d's we've encountered there didn't enforce the 'if room is available' option for suite passengers and allowed them in regardless.  It also has more cabins overall so public spaces like bars tend to be more crowded.  All that said, if Reflection had a good deal on an itinerary I liked I would sail her in a minute - no Celebrity ship is bad.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fouremco said:

I've yet to cruise on any ship that I didn't enjoy. :classic_biggrin:

Exactly the same for us-- It's a matter of attitude and expectations.

After working in the Service Industry for " years " there are some people you just can't satisfy. 

( They must like receiving a plate of chocolate covered strawberries ).

LOL-----My only complaint was the time 16 yrs ago when I ordered 3 shrimp cocktails and the waiter only brought 2.

He did get my desert order of 2 creme brule's and a slice of chocolate cake right.

Looking forward to cruising again ------when it's safe.

• Like 2