New vaccine

hollyjess

1 hour ago, Aulanis said:

I have thought for a while that CC should have an   " Anonymous Dislike "  option on the Like Thanks HaHa   box

I sometimes think something is a bit bad but do not comment in case it  is mis-interpreted and  takes off

over the purpose of the original posting.   IF others also dislike  then when  it reaches doubledigit dislike

a mod might spot that and take the post down or issue a warning.

If my post got a few dislikes I would certainly start to think more how what I have said would impact on

others in the future. Self moderation is what is required.

Anyone can now report a post by filling in a box that appears after clicking the top rhs and choosing report post.  The mods are then notified and can delete posts which do not follow the guidelines we all agree to on joining CC.  So current system is fine and basically does what you suggest, albeit in a slightly different way.

Edited by tring
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

I suspect you and I might agree on quite a few issues.  One of them might also be on the tendency to try to stifle fair comment, particularly with words such as remoaner and pessimist. The words project, fear, coming and true might strike a chord too!

Not intended for general, open debate - just a couple of thoughts. And you may yourself completely disagree! 🙂

I've always been of the view that whilst I might not agree with an opinion, I always defend people's right to have the opinion and to be free to express the opinion. It shouldn't have to descend into labeling and name calling, but it often does, which then makes everyone feel uncomfortable.  

With regard to project fear, I've just completed my online shopping order, and this week there were all sorts of substitutions - much more than ever before, so I get the sense that things are slipping a little bit more down the slope! 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Thank you all for the advice.  I have, of course, tried to phone them - get through to the switchboard, then hang on and then it rings and no one answers.  Also, have logged on to the website and cannot get any response to 'make an appointment' etc.  I will, in due course, ring either 111 of the local District Nurse number, which I have, but I just wondered if, legally, the GP is supposed to come back to you, and if so how long it can take.

At present, I feel unsure if we want to have it at present; so many arguments about whether the 12 week interval is too long, etc.  Quite worrying for those who have had one jab and are waiting for the second.  The whole situation is a bit the blind leading the blind, the world over, as it is such a new problem.  Even though things have not all been handled well at times, I have some sympathy for the powers that be, both governmental and the NHS, in trying to do the right thing.  No wonder we are, most of us, getting a bit twitchy and crotchety!

Lincslady, I'm 81 and  got the NHS letter last Saturday, and got an appointment for Friday, arrived at 9.05 and was out by 9.45, that was at the Boston centre. I took a gamble last Monday and tried to book my wife (77) in,  and she goes tomorrow . Although she is younger than me, she had a phone call from the doctors on Tuesday, and I got one a couple of hours ago(Sunday)!  So hopefully you should get one soon. I would go for it, arms a bit sore, and had a dull headache, but will feel a little safer in 21 days time!

A fellow Yellow Belly!

30 minutes ago, tring said:

Anyone can now report a post by filling in a box that appears after clicking the top rhs and choosing report post.  The mods are then notified and can delete posts which do not follow the guidelines we all agree to on joining CC.  So current system is fine and basically does what you suggest, albeit in a slightly different way.

Thanks, I am aware of that but I find that the guidelines can be a bit grey and would  only use it 

for something really obviously bad. I normally only use it where roll calls have been created incorrectly

and for reporting spam posts.  It has also been mentioned that suitable posts have been deleted

along with the bad which can be frustrating.

It can be very easy to go off-piste  - take this thread for example  -  "New Vaccine"

Not that many of the recent posts - including mine ;(  are anything at all to do with the title

and should may be have been posted under a new title, but may not be thought bad enough to be moderated. 

Not a job I would like. 

• Like 1

Addammara - I confess I didn't know I was a Yellowbelly, we have only lived in the county for 20 years!  The Centre in Boston was sorely needed, the trouble is we are a large county with a scattered population.  We actually live near the Notts. border, and our GP is in Notts, so Newark Showground would be our large Centre, and they are actually looking for over 75s now, which is good. 

We have been 'banged up' at home for so long, a bit longer does not matter too much, we have virtually no risk of catching it.  Just fed up with the GP; so having a bit of a rant about them here, I am afraid.  I feel sure we will end up having a home visit sorted - will come back when there is news.  In the meantime, enough about my little problem!

I enjoy reading everyone's posts, as apart from phone calls and emails to friends and family  it is a bit quiet here, so nice to hear  other people's news.

Did you all get a new smart phone at Christmas ?  With high tech graphics ?

Eg:- That was funny ◻️

I take it ...  ◻️ equals :classic_smile:   As ◻️◻️ equals  :classic_biggrin:  and so on .

Does one square maybe upside down  equal  :classic_unsure:   or :classic_sad:

Thanks for any help .:classic_wink:

1 hour ago, Aulanis said:

Thanks, I am aware of that but I find that the guidelines can be a bit grey and would  only use it 

for something really obviously bad. I normally only use it where roll calls have been created incorrectly

and for reporting spam posts.  It has also been mentioned that suitable posts have been deleted

along with the bad which can be frustrating.

It can be very easy to go off-piste  - take this thread for example  -  "New Vaccine"

Not that many of the recent posts - including mine ;(  are anything at all to do with the title

and should may be have been posted under a new title, but may not be thought bad enough to be moderated. 

Not a job I would like. 

With no cruising threads have been more flexible.

When you report a post you have the opportunity to give reasons why you have reported the post.

If it is because of a personal humiliating post against you or someone else it is sorted quickly.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Honestly Harry, I have absolutely no idea  what you're talking about😕

Try taking a drop more water with it🤣

Avril

After studying the post and hitting myself over the head with a bottle of Star Drops ,

I can now confirm That post  

41005062.jpg.83a01e061f08aad4f20a9f4c44593f54.jpg

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, nicki-k said:

Another 491,970 have received their first dose since yesterday, amazing considering the disruptions with the weather, well done to everyone involved.

Indeed. There seem to be problems in the EU with their supplies of the Pfizer vaccine, though, plus they haven't yet authorised the Oxford AZ vaccine for some reason, which bodes ill for their citizens plus for European travel this year - we need our neighbours vaccinated as well.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, nicki-k said:

Another 491,970 have received their first dose since yesterday, amazing considering the disruptions with the weather, well done to everyone involved.

Hopefully one of those wasn't Levi Bellfield. Who is in line for his vaccine ahead of the rest of us. Have you ever heard of a such thing.

2 hours ago, kalos said:

After studying the post and hitting myself over the head with a bottle of Star Drops ,

I can now confirm That post  

41005062.jpg.83a01e061f08aad4f20a9f4c44593f54.jpg

but not by me kalos😉

A - Either someone has hi-jacked Harry's posts, or B - He has a very dry sense of humour that he's kept hidden. I hope it's B😁

Avril

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, kalos said:

In my younger years ,whilst slightly drunk I once walked into a telegraph pole for balance.:classic_unsure:

As I understand it if you want political balance read The New Statesman, The Spectator and then Private Eye to find out what they are really up to 😁

My neighbour had her jab on Friday, she had originally decided against but they contacted her again after a few days and she changed her mind. We have a lot, over 90,000 of very elderly people in Kent/Medway so I have not heard of anyone in the 70+ group being contacted yet. Still hoping for a late February call 🤞

Edited by davecttr

8 hours ago, davecttr said:

We have a lot, over 90,000 of very elderly people in Kent/Medway so I have not heard of anyone in the 70+ group being contacted yet. Still hoping for a late February call 🤞

Quite a few in the 75+ group have been vaccinated around the Maidstone/West Malling area of Kent in the last week or so. 

• Like 1

OK, I am going to butt in here, even though I probably shouldn't, but want to clarify a few of the guidelines. Posts making political comments will be deleted. Anti vaccine posts will be deleted. Posts quoting deleted posts will be deleted.  Posts questioning board management will be deleted. Moderators are unpaid volunteers. We do our best but do have other things to do. Whilst there is a degree of leeway during the pandemic, and thread drift is normal, anything completely off topic will be deleted or moved to a more appropriate board. Finally please don't forget there is a whole section for UK cruisers adn a board called The Pub for any topics you all want to chat about that are unrelated to cruising. Thanks. 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/545-the-pub/

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1