New vaccine

hollyjess

I didn’t know where to post this.  Prob should have been in “How are things where you are? etc but that’s going well and positively and I don’t want to add bad stuff.

The vaccine will come too late for Dave Edgerton, who anyway would currently be too young to receive it

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/sport/other-sport/bath-rugby-club-legend-dave-4982132

Bath & England rugby player, fit, 59, died of Covid yesterday after entering hospital on Saturday

Really nice bloke 🥲

RIP

It’s not just the demented and the ultra-aged this filthy disease takes.

Take care everyone.  Look after those you love.  One day this will be gone 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Why single out pensioners? There are many other age groups who have been doing just that for the last year.

Avril

1 hour ago, Ardennais said:

I think he was referring to pensioners because in the main, they’re the ones who have already been jabbed. 

Exactly right. Nothing at all against pensioners, or any other age group. It's just that I've heard quite a few comments (amid all the whooping) from some of the jabbees on the lines that they're now free to do more or less as they please because they're now invincible. Just like young people.

There are still risks, particularly perhaps with the AstroZenica vaccine until more evidence emerges, but some now regard themselves as 100% free of any Covid risks. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

I didn’t know where to post this.  Prob should have been in “How are things where you are? etc but that’s going well and positively and I don’t want to add bad stuff.

The vaccine will come too late for Dave Edgerton, who anyway would currently be too young to receive it

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/sport/other-sport/bath-rugby-club-legend-dave-4982132

Bath & England rugby player, fit, 59, died of Covid yesterday after entering hospital on Saturday

Really nice bloke 🥲

RIP

That's awful Eddie.  How sad.  This filthy virus respects nothing and no-one.  Your sentiments are so true.  Jane.x 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, batholiver said:

Exactly right. Nothing at all against pensioners, or any other age group. It's just that I've heard quite a few comments (amid all the whooping) from some of the jabbees on the lines that they're now free to do more or less as they please because they're now invincible. Just like young people.

There are still risks, particularly perhaps with the AstroZenica vaccine until more evidence emerges, but some now regard themselves as 100% free of any Covid risks. 

I have heard the same comments as well, but knowing the posters I recognise that they are releasing their hysteria at being jabbed in a jocular form.  I guess there are some people who would think like that, but thankfully, and despite the reports in the media, I think there are far fewer than we are led to believe.

• Like 6

HI everyone,

I have been lurking since this thread began and must say thanks to all the regular posters for giving me the giggles😁 and sometime laugh out louds.

My reason for posting is excitement, I have received my invitation for my first jab, on saturday and I am 

only!!! 69.

happy days😊

Molly

• Like 20

3 minutes ago, sagaris said:

HI everyone,

I have been lurking since this thread began and must say thanks to all the regular posters for giving me the giggles😁 and sometime laugh out louds.

My reason for posting is excitement, I have received my invitation for my first jab, on saturday and I am 

only!!! 69.

happy days😊

Molly

Wonderful news Molly. Congratulations.

Glad you have decided to post!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sagaris said:

HI everyone,

only!!! 69.

happy days😊

Molly

Nice one Molly and welcome aboard, no need to lurk, we don't bite, well most of the time we don't. If you like to waffle or partake in a little debate you are in the right spot. It doesn't even need to be about cruising either. As they say you don't need to be mad to lurk here, but it definitely helps.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

Really nice bloke 🥲

RIP

Oh dear, how very sad. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

If you like to waffle or partake in a little debate you are in the right spot. It doesn't even need to be about cruising

It should at least be vaguely about  "New Vaccine"   else we might

get guided towards  "The Pub" again.  Thread ok for anything is

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aulanis said:

I took an age to find it earlier today to see if P&O had changed the date for final payment- I think it is Princess who have changed it nearer to sail date.

P&O have changed balance payment dates to one month before the cruise for cruises departing before the end of June. 

Molecrochip posted yesterday about what he thought may be in an announcement about cancellations etc. and suggested they may push that further out, so balance payments will only need to be one month before sailing date until, perhaps, late summer.  So that bit remains to be seen, only until late June at present.

Edited by tring

35 minutes ago, sagaris said:

HI everyone,

only!!! 69.

happy days😊

Molly

Welcome ! Pleased to hear you have got your vaccine appointment.Hoping my hubby who is 66 will hear soon about his.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, sagaris said:

HI everyone,

only!!! 69.

happy days😊

Molly

Hello Molly. I lurked for months before I started posting and it's been a revelation.  There's been some real laugh-out-loud moments.  Congrats on receiving your invitation for the vaccine. Hope it goes well and look forward to hearing all about it.  Best wishes. Jane.x

• Like 2

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

I have heard the same comments as well, but knowing the posters I recognise that they are releasing their hysteria at being jabbed in a jocular form.  I guess there are some people who would think like that, but thankfully, and despite the reports in the media, I think there are far fewer than we are led to believe.

I certainly wasn't referring to any of the posters here!!! Far too sensible. The comments I heard (and the whooping) about being free to do more or less as they please came from people at one of the vaccination centres.  💀 

• Like 2

As everyone says the ONLY person who comes across as trustworthy and balanced is JVT.

Many of the experts, want their 15 minutes of fame and the best way of doing thus is to predict Armageddon. 

The modellers seem to be very reluctant to list all the myriad of assumptions built into their maths.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sagaris said:

HI everyone,

only!!! 69.

happy days😊

Molly

Welcome to our boards Molly.

That is fantastic news you are getting your first vaccine jab on Saturday.

Looking forward to you posting more.

Graham.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, batholiver said:

I certainly wasn't referring to any of the posters here!!! Far too sensible. The comments I heard (and the whooping) about being free to do more or less as they please came from people at one of the vaccination centres.  💀 

I am not sure where people that have been jabbed think they are going to go, unless they fancy a trip to the supermarket. I have seen a few on the news that when interviewed after the jab have said "now we can get back to normal" whatever normal is these days.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

I am not sure where people that have been jabbed think they are going to go, unless they fancy a trip to the supermarket. I have seen a few on the news that when interviewed after the jab have said "now we can get back to normal" whatever normal is these days.

Some might think they’re now ‘bulletproof’ like Tom Jones. Silly thing to say really. 

• Like 4

Just had a text from Aldershot Vac Centre to say I have my jab on Thursday morning. Really pleased, I'm 68 so it is right on schedule. Not sure which one I am getting but happy with either AZ or Pfizer.

Edited by bee-ess
  • Like 12

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

A mate of mine's dad got jabbed a few weeks ago.  A week after getting jabbed he was admitted into hospital with non-covid related breathing problems.  Caught covid in the hospital. Has since made a recovery.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

A mate of mine's dad got jabbed a few weeks ago.  A week after getting jabbed he was admitted into hospital with non-covid related breathing problems.  Caught covid in the hospital. Has since made a recovery.

Great to hear it all ended well .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bee-ess said:

Just had a text from Aldershot Vac Centre to say I have my jab on Thursday morning. Really pleased, I'm 68 so it is right on schedule. Not sure which one I am getting but happy with either AZ or Pfizer.

Pleased for you.

Graham 👍

• Like 1

Buzzing. Had text and e-mail for covid jab. Text said they are doing 68+ (I am 68) got to go on thursday morning. Makes up for letter I had last week (or week before) it was from nhs wanting me to do a migraine thingy. Was gutted it wasn't the letter I was waiting for. Cannot believe how buzzing I am to have an injection I am almost dancing. Know I still have to be careful, but am looking at it as the first step forward.

• Like 15

2 minutes ago, delgirl said:

Buzzing. Had text and e-mail for covid jab. Text said they are doing 68+ (I am 68) got to go on thursday morning. Makes up for letter I had last week (or week before) it was from nhs wanting me to do a migraine thingy. Was gutted it wasn't the letter I was waiting for. Cannot believe how buzzing I am to have an injection I am almost dancing. Know I still have to be careful, but am looking at it as the first step forward.

Felt exactly the same when I had mine on Saturday.  Beginning of better times hopefully

• Like 2

4 hours ago, tring said:

P&O have changed balance payment dates to one month before the cruise for cruises departing before the end of June. 

Molecrochip posted yesterday about what he thought may be in an announcement about cancellations etc. and suggested they may push that further out, so balance payments will only need to be one month before sailing date until, perhaps, late summer.  So that bit remains to be seen, only until late June at present.

Thankyou- I was looking at it for @Vampiress88  who was asking about a July sailing this should flag up in case she  is interested as she was maybe not wanting to make final payment.  If they do extend that may give her a bit more time to decide  though they may announce more cancellations at the same time.

Edited by Aulanis
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Windsurfboy said:

As everyone says the ONLY person who comes across as trustworthy and balanced is JVT.

Many of the experts, want their 15 minutes of fame and the best way of doing thus is to predict Armageddon. 

The modellers seem to be very reluctant to list all the myriad of assumptions built into their maths.

I had an old statistics teacher who often said if you include enough variants you're bound to come up with an answer that suits at least 1 person in a 1000.  That seems to be the trouble with the SAGE committee, there are just too many varying inputs.

• Like 2