JUST THE FACTS - No speculation - JUST THE FACTS.

4 hours ago, boscobeans said:

How about a thread that deals ONLY with real documented facts from Cruise lines, Crew Members and Ports of Call / Departure.

Will get lots of views and hopefully only a few replies, but when there is a reply it contains factual information.

Just a thought .

Just because somebody may post on CC that they are a crew member does not mean that they really are.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, davekathy said:

My Magic 8 Ball says, "don't count on it". 🎱

For return to cruising factual info, indeed it is your Magic 8 ball, and my Gypsy that are the go to source.  As good as any on these threads.  😄 

aCGH Crystal Ball Reveals Clues to Colorectal Cancer Metastasis - Enzo Life  Sciences

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Retired LEO said:

I'll have fact check you on that. I actually had 3 September cruise cancelled before final payment.  

They were scared of you. 😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

For return to cruising factual info, indeed it is your Magic 8 ball, and my Gypsy that are the go to source.  As good as any on these threads.  😄 

Now that's a fact, Jack. 😉

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

Guest BigRoger
There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact.
Arthur Conan Doyle,
It is the absence of facts that frightens people: the gap you open, into which they pour their fears, fantasies, desires.
Hilary Mantel,

Facts are like cows. If you look them in the face long enough, they generally run away.
Dorothy L. Sayers

25 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Just because somebody may post on CC that they are a crew member does not mean that they really are.

Same goes for CC members that just received a text message from their crew member friends that says they'll be rejoining their ship in 2 weeks.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Fact, most caribbean islands have not received vaccine or just started to receive vaccine to begin distribution to their residents.    

Aruba is one of the places doing great with vaccinating and they predict they will have all residents vaccinated by end of June.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'll let the OP judge whether this article is good or bad, but it IS a fact that cruise line stocks are doing better, thanks to renewed hopes of sailing brought about by the vaccinations. I can't say for sure when cruising will resume, but the stock market (which as we all know thrives on speculation) seems to think the future looks good.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/palashghosh/2021/03/04/carnival-norwegian-cruise-united-american-airlines-stocks-surge-on-vaccine-rollout-hopes-for-return-to-normal/?sh=57299afee11d

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I think this was a serious question from the OP.............but as everyone can see it's going completly the opposite way..........oh well.

The OP has been a CC member since 2001-  I think they know how to play the game😇

Edited by molly361
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Fact - I talked to my TA last evening. She said every RCI ship leaving from the US will have all crew and all cruisers vaccinated; the exception - she didn't know if RCI made a decision regarding children.

5 minutes ago, Etta1213 said:

Fact - I talked to my TA last evening. She said every RCI ship leaving from the US will have all crew and all cruisers vaccinated; the exception - she didn't know if RCI made a decision regarding children.

I believe it is a fact that you wrote that she said that. I believe it is likely to be a fact that you quoted her accurately.

I don't, however, believe that what she said is indeed a fact!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Etta1213 said:

Your TA is wrong.  Royal has not made a decision (at least that they have public ally announced) and this was reiterated by Vicki Freed on her weekly webinar this past Wednesday.....perhaps your TA should listen in. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 3CatsInMA said:

Well, I heard from my best friend's cousin's neighbor who used to know somebody that dated a travel  agent who had coffee with a guy who....

It's Friday afternoon, three glasses of wine, maybe 4, but this getting funny LOL

• Like 2

Fact: The Governor of Florida says that he wants the cruise industry to return to business to help the Florida economy.

TALLAHASSEE (CBSMiami/NSF) – Gov. Ron DeSantis believes Florida’s economic recovery from COVID-19 could be better if the federal government would let cruise ship passengers decide if they want to take their chances on the open seas.

After giving his State of the State address on Tuesday, DeSantis predicted Florida’s unemployment rate will dip below 6 percent when January numbers are released on March 15 and he said the economy would get a further boost if cruise ships were again operating at state ports.

READ MORE:'Let’s All Get Healthy': MDC North Campus COVID-19 Vaccination Site Sees Steady Stream Of Those Wanting Vaccine

“Our tourism is still handicapped,” DeSantis told reporters. “They’re not letting the cruise ships sail. We don’t have the flights from Brazil and Europe like we normally would. So there’s a whole host of things that can happen very quickly, that will help the state do even better.”

DeSantis said he worked with the Trump administration to get cruise ships sailing again. But he was unable to alter federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines for cruise operations.

“My view would be we have all these different tools now, vaccines, testing, antibody treatments. Let people make decisions for themselves about what they want to do,” DeSantis said. “If you want to go on a cruise, do it. If you don’t, that’s fine. No one’s saying you have to do it. But to just not let these folks work for all these months. We need to get them back to work.”

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DCGuy64 said:

I'll let the OP judge whether this article is good or bad, but it IS a fact that cruise line stocks are doing better, thanks to renewed hopes of sailing brought about by the vaccinations. I can't say for sure when cruising will resume, but the stock market (which as we all know thrives on speculation) seems to think the future looks good.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/palashghosh/2021/03/04/carnival-norwegian-cruise-united-american-airlines-stocks-surge-on-vaccine-rollout-hopes-for-return-to-normal/?sh=57299afee11d

Quite the pent up demand that's for sure. I wonder what will happen to prices in the coming years considering they may be sailing under capacity for who knows how long and they have losses to catch up with. As I've previously stated many times I'm salivating at the thought of sailing on an Oasis class ship at 70% capacity and I don't mind paying a premium in order to do so. 

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

That was another lifetime 

Yup.. In the land of long ago and far away..

After 20+ years of watching that poor dead equine carcass beat not only to a pulp but to what is now just a stain on the road. Poor horse.

Twenty years and probably 20 thousand "discussions" dealing with chair hogs, rum runners, smoking, veranda doors open or closed, where is Captain XYZ, buffet or MDR and on and on and on .......

Guess at 75 I'm too old to expect a change..  LOL😀

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Same goes for CC members that just received a text message from their crew member friends that says they'll be rejoining their ship in 2 weeks.

Many people are not totally truthful on message boards because it is likely that they will never meet in real life.

• Like 1