For those who want to give the crew gifts here is a list from Chris

Iamcruzin

1 hour ago, caymancouple said:

Ok from a less than technical person.... the idea of a "sim card with Data".... can anyone post a link as an example?  

Go to a store like Best BUY and ask. They have tons of them.

Or Amazon.

9 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

Anyone willing to write up what some of the wishes are?  I don't enjoy watching videos, but wouldn't mind knowing what this one says.

First was sim cards with data

second was shirts and sweatshirts for sports teams in the US

third was food from their native country

and lastly was socks... yes socks

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

Anyone willing to write up what some of the wishes are?  I don't enjoy watching videos, but wouldn't mind knowing what this one says.

This guy said: sim card with data, NBA memorabilia (jerseys, other things), snacks from their own countries, socks, and a personalized praise at the end of the voyage.

• Like 1

The problem with this list is you have no idea who your cabin steward or favorite bar tender etc are or their gender, so home snacks or socks would be difficult.  But the sim card is a good idea.  I do snacks, hygiene items, ink pens ( which a crew told me is high on their list also). I have also heard that razors and saving cream is always appreciated. 

• Like 2

SIM cards are a bit tricky. It depends on what kind of phone they have. Generally speaking, older phones (even 3-4 years ago) had modems that were either GSM or CDMA. A phone that only had a GSM modem (e.g. an iPhone 6 that was purchased originally through AT&T) couldn't use a SIM card for a Verizon or Sprint network.

Many newer phones have dual modems, so can handle either. This assumes their phone isn't locked to a specific carrier.

I would think there's a good possibility that a SIM card you purchase for them won't be usable, but perhaps they swap them around with someone that could use that one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The sea calls my name said:

The problem with this list is you have no idea who your cabin steward or favorite bar tender etc are or their gender, so home snacks or socks would be difficult.  But the sim card is a good idea.  I do snacks, hygiene items, ink pens ( which a crew told me is high on their list also). I have also heard that razors and saving cream is always appreciated. 

To add how do we know which sports teams they like? Chris might like the NBA, but I can't imagine every single crew member is a NBA fan. What if they prefer Football, baseball, lacrosse? What if my cabin steward is a big fan of world championship cornhole?

Or their size? 

Sounds like a lot of wasted money. Everything on this list is available through Amazon, so an Amazon gift card or an extra $50 I would spend on the jersey  may be in order so that they can buy the right team, the right size, the right sim card for their phone.

Edited by cured
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

This guy said: sim card with data, NBA memorabilia (jerseys, other things), snacks from their own countries, socks, and a personalized praise at the end of the voyage.

I think AFC Richmond "football" jerseys would be more popular than NBA jerseys. 😉

Here’s a KISS (Keep It Simple Sam) list:

Cash

A smile

A thank you

A neat cabin

A compliment to their supervisor either written in a post cruise survey or fill out a compliment card (Princess used to provide these at the Passenger Service Desk - I am no certain if other cruise lines do this.).

You could always ask your cabin Steward when you are disembarking the ship in a port, if they would like something you could bring back for them.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, crazyank said:

probably the worst things you could give. Especially hygiene items.

Incorrect 

These items are good. 

I was specifically told razors, shaving cream, deodorant as well as the items below. 
The cost of these types of item are outrageous on board and Amazon. 
They also want:

Mouthwash 

Sinus & Allergy Pills

Nyquil & DayQuil liquid

Halls

Advil Cold & Sinus
Except for the last one above, you can buy the Walmart brand as the first 3-4 ingredients are exact. 

Also I bought Melatonin at CVS as it was requested. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, scorpluvsdolphins said:

Incorrect 

These items are good. 

I was specifically told razors, shaving cream, deodorant as well as the items below. 
The cost of these types of item are outrageous on board and Amazon. 
They also want:

Mouthwash 

Sinus & Allergy Pills

Nyquil & DayQuil liquid

Halls

Advil Cold & Sinus
Except for the last one above, you can buy the Walmart brand as the first 3-4 ingredients are exact. 

Also I bought Melatonin at CVS as it was requested. 

Just curious - who specifically told you these items were wanted, an actual crew member or did you read it somewhere?

The have a crew store where the prices are not outrageous and according to some ship crew member videos, many of the otc meds are available for free or very low cost to the crew at their medical center.

(I am recovering from surgery, so have been watching a ton of crew videos 😁)

Edited by cured
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, cured said:

Just curious - who specifically told you these items were wanted, an actual crew member or did you read it somewhere?

The have a crew store where the prices are not outrageous and according to some ship crew member videos, many of the otc meds are available for free or very low cost to the crew at their medical center.

(I am recovering from surgery, so have been watching a ton of crew videos 😁)

3 Actual crew members

• Like 1