The new Diamond voucher system is such a blessing

I am sure it has already been discussed but the new system of five drinks daily loaded on the sea pass is terrific.  No more grabbing glasses of wine at the Schooner bar before heading into MDR. No receipt to sign too. Just tell them your cabin number. 

We've used it in MDR, Windjammer and on the beach at Cococay. 

Makes it easy to avoid the drunks in the Diamond Lounge 😁

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

Agreed.  I liked it as soon as I heard it announced.  

A long time ago I hoped they make the 3 vouchers into any drink vouchers.  They did that plus they made them any time plus they increased the quantity.  #winning

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Magicat said:

Love it too!  Wish they had made it 7 or 8, but that's my covid alcoholic self talking. LOL

They're looking out for you, so you get enough to stave off the DTs but not enough to get blotto on their dime!  LOL

With everyone else, I am also a fan of the anytime/anywhere and up to $13 vouchers.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

They are being very smart about this.  Many (most?) people who have 5 or 6 vouchers will not buy the DBP, but may well buy some extra drinks, for which they will pay full price.  😉

Said in jest but I think you are right especially with Diamonds who get just the four vouchers. Guests buying an extra couple of full priced drinks whilst ending the open cost of the cocktail hours is a win win situation for the bean counters. 

Purely a financial decision which I'm surprised is welcomed by most on here to be honest as I can see this being the beginning of the end for the Diamond Lounge.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cargopilot said:

If the DL and reaching diamond level is a reward for customer loyalty, how will Royal explain eliminating the DL, if they do?

I don't think the DL will be eliminated. It has already been moved to less desirable locations on new, and some of the amped older, ships and I suspect RCI will leave it at that.

• Like 2

Count us in as another that loves the voucher system.  And if you want something over the 13.00 limit...you just pay the extra.  DH has quite a few charges of 2.39 on our sea pass bill for the Oberon Cab he loves at dinner.  😉  

We have not been going to the DL at all (or the CL/SL except for morning coffee) since the voucher program started.  Love going to the other venues, making happy hour at any hour...at any place.  🥰

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Those numbers are correct. Did someone infer differently?

I thought I read in this thread someone said Diamond was 5, but I guess it was before the coffee kicked in.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I don't think the DL will be eliminated. It has already been moved to less desirable locations on new, and some of the amped older, ships and I suspect RCI will leave it at that.

The old smoking room on deck 5 of Voyager being a perfect example of a “too small undesirable location” lounge! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jessed said:

Do the vouchers start as soon as you board?

Yes!   You can use your set sail pass if you haven't been to cabin for sea pass.

They reload just after midnight every night.

And they work on the very last morning too!  I have used them to get some iced lattes to go for the drive home.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes!   You can use your set sail pass if you haven't been to cabin for sea pass.

They reload just after midnight every night.

And they work on the very last morning too!  I have used them to get some iced lattes to go for the drive home.

Thanks for the info - had no idea you could do this. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, livingonthebeach said:

and Starbucks and the Bionic Bar 

So I finally got to try bionic bar when I was on odyssey in February. Beyond the novelty of watching the machine mix the drink I’m not sure what the attraction is.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1