Favorite cruise ship

lenquixote66

What is your favorite ship and why is it your favorite ?

Ours is the RCI Grandeur.We were on the ship 4 years in a row,2015 to 2018.We booked the same cabin all 4 years.The crew was outstanding . The cabin ,a OV was wonderful especially the hard as concrete mattress .We had different Stewards on every cruise but they were all excellent.The CD’s were the best ever,especially Paul Rudder.Many of the same passengers came each of the 4 years and we made quite a few friends.

Our long time favorite was HAL's Prinsendam (now long gone).  Hard to explain why except it was an 800 passenger ship built as a luxury vessel for Royal Viking Lines and later modified by HAL.  We spent exactly 200 days on that vessel and enjoyed every day.

Hank

I like the Princess Grand Class ships.  I find the layout comfortable with lots of places to chill that have windows to the outside.   I also like the Celebrity Millennium class ships.  I just find them comfortable too.   

My least favorite are the ones that have the interior boulevard (however you say that).  Just too closed in for me.    

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

What is your favorite ship and why is it your favorite ?

Ours is the RCI Grandeur.We were on the ship 4 years in a row,2015 to 2018.We booked the same cabin all 4 years.The crew was outstanding . The cabin ,a OV was wonderful especially the hard as concrete mattress .We had different Stewards on every cruise but they were all excellent.The CD’s were the best ever,especially Paul Rudder.Many of the same passengers came each of the 4 years and we made quite a few friends.

The crew of the Grandeur is outstanding ,the ship not so much.

• Like 1

Just now, dolittle said:

Mine was Xs Century (also long gone) just something about it. Just the right size and a good amount of everything.

1 hour ago, dolittle said:

The first day of my 2015 cruise I wanted to go to the Fitness Center .I realized that the elevator did not go there.I am disabled and cannot walk up and down steps.The Hotel Manager offered to let me use the Crew’s Gym .I thought that was so very nice of him.

• Like 2

Viking Ocean ships: serene design; spacious public areas that still manage to provide uncrowded intimate spaces; the indoor spa (open to all at no additional charge) with pool, snow room, sauna and more, with plenty of lounge chairs and a "fireplace"; outdoor pool deck with retractable roof; infinity pool at the aft; and oh so much more...

• Like 1

Renaissance Cruises R3 and R4...outstanding service...and the food,  sublime.

* Regrettably, RC went out of business...but I believe their ships are now sailing with Azamara.

* Len...we've never crossed paths, but hoping you are doing well.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, evandbob said:

We'll be on the Prima sailing to Iceland and Norway in 6 months or so.

But to answer the OP's question, our favorite ship is whichever one we happen to be sailing on.

Are you on the cruise starting August 6th? 

On 3/9/2023 at 12:12 PM, bonsai3s said:

Renaissance Cruises R3 and R4...outstanding service...and the food,  sublime.

* Regrettably, RC went out of business...but I believe their ships are now sailing with Azamara.

* Len...we've never crossed paths, but hoping you are doing well.

actually many of the ships are now sailing with Oceania. I loved them as Renaissance, too. 

• Like 2

I can't really say I have a favorite ship -- have been on many through the years but the cruises I remember most fondly are due to the itinerary and the people, not so much the ship itself...

At the moment I am pretty fond of Celebrity's M-class ships. I don't like large ships.

• Like 2