Dobiemom’s good report from after surgery checkup 

New refrigerator for cat shepherd 

Good room assignment for HAL4NOW

Cheers for ladyHudson’s excellent diet results

Great soccer game for St. Louis cruiser’s DGS Ren

Wishing good luck and God speed to Father David on his pilgrimage 

Fleet week in Fort Lauderdale

Many Dailyites cruising or with upcoming cruises

6 days Lobsternight anniversary cruise and vow renewal (Nieuw Amsterdam 4/30 to 5/7)

8 days for HAL4NOW (Koningsdam 5/1 to 5/6)

8 days Cruising-along (Koningsdam 5/1 to 5/6)

Cruising

aliaschief & DWAliaschief (Eurodam to 4/28) 

Kplady (Grand Princess to 4/28), 

Sailingdutchy (Rotterdam to 4/29), 

Oceansaway17 (Vision of the Seas to 5/1)

Lady Hudson (Anthem of the Seas to 5/1)

St Pete Cruiser (Noordam to 5/2), 

TiogaCruiser (Volendam to 5/2), 

Overhead Fred’s Anniversary cruise (Rotterdam to 5/6), AV8rix (Volendam to 5/6), 

Dismomx5 (Volendam to 5/6), 

USN59-79 (Westerdam to 5/7), 

Cat in My Lap, Gail&Marty, Richwmn and HorizonChaser1957 (Zuiderdam to 5/12), 

Sharon in AZ (Volendam to 5/17) at sea

Jazzyv cruise (celebrity apex) and vacation to 5/28

Eva, thank you for celebrating my new fridge! But it can come off the list now. Though I am still exploring all its nooks & crannies. 😎

• Like 21
  • Haha 1

Good morning to all. The heat came back on as it was only forty earlier. The sun is shining and it looks like a lovely day.

Someone can have my pigs in a blanket and I think I screamed once or twice,perhaps in childbirth but who remembers accurately. The Armenian Genocide should be remembered. 
We have not been to the port, would probably like the recipe and usually find Paula Poundstone amusing.

I had two different people from the Oxygen supply company call yesterday and apologize for the lack of personnel when the equipment failed. One individual should have been responsible for any emergency phone calls and for some reason they were not available. I tried so hard to be pleasant but found myself ready to scream by the time I got off the phone!

Have a great day out there everyone.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 8

1 hour ago, summer slope said:

DD, DSIL, and DGS are here for a week.  Headed to Legoland today..  He has been enjoying the pool, into it yesterday morning at 7:30.

Cucumber Cooler cocktail:

Ingredients
2 parts EFFEN® Cucumber Vodka
3/4 part Midori® Melon Liqueur
3/4 part Fresh Lime Juice
1/2 part Simple Syrup
3 Slices of Cucumber

Instructions
Muddle cucumbers, lime juice and simple syrup in a mixing tin. Add ice, Midori® Melon Liqueur & vodka. Shake and strain into rocks glass. Garnish with cucumber slices.

Screenshot 2023-04-24 at 6.13.26 AM.png

Just tried this drink on Saturday and who would have guessed it that a drink named Cucumber Cooler got me pickled and sent to the Cooler. It was a pickle with the perfect pucker!

• Like 6
  • Haha 10

2 hours ago, Ichiban Nekko said:

Good Morning Daily-ites!

We have been in France for a few weeks. Consequently, I am way, way behind in my CC reading. And on this thread, there are so many days, quotes, recipes (food & drink), fabulous photos of ports - some of which we may never see in person -- to catch up on.

We took a tour that started in Paris, then proceeded to Normandy (including Juno Beach), Brittany, the Loire Valley, returning to Paris. It has been some years since we've done a group tour. We spent at least two nights at each stop and added extra time in Paris at the end. We had a fabulous Tour Director and Driver, who ensured we had full days with so much to see and learn. The food and wine were, ahem, very nice too 😉  Our phones tell us that we put in 10K+ steps each day, which helped offset all those great croissants, etc.

After we untangle all the mail, finances, etc., associated with this adventure, we will focus on our upcoming Zuiderdam cruise from Quebec. One aspect we are looking forward to is not having to have our bags out and be at the bus by a certain time - except of course on the dreaded Disembarkation Day, LOL.

Best wishes to all,

- Cat

Welcome Back IN. I see you are back at full strength. Sorry I missed you on our cruise end of last year!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from a breezy, but mostly clear central Texas.  It is supposed to be cloudy most of the day.  It is 45F but feels like 43F.  The high is supposed to be about 65F and then we'll be back in the 70s and 80s like we should be.  The only thing on the agenda is cleaning house.  That's enough for today.

I'll gladly let someone else have my pigs in a blanket.  The world needs to not only remember the Armenian genocide, but all genocides.  Screaming can be therapeutic.

The Paula Poundstone quote is amusing.

Vegetarian lasagna can be good, but the one with Italian sausage I made recently was very good.  We'll pass on the drink, but I would like to try the wine.

We have been to Puerto Quetzal several times, but in 2009 the Statendam's Good Friday visit was canceled.  The tour operator said that with the Good Friday celebrations it would be impossible to get the buses to the port.  I'll look for my pictures in a few minutes.

@grapau27  Graham, Len Goodman was always a gentleman when he was a judge on "Dancing with the Stars".

@Ichiban Nekko  Cat, your tour sounds wonderful.  Glad you are home safely.

@Seasick Sailor  Joy, I'm glad your little bird was safe during the storms yesterday.

@Denise T  Denise, I'm glad your family escaped the genocide.

@Mr. Boston  I'm sorry last week was so difficult, and I'm glad all our kind thoughts and prays could help you get through the week.

@smitty34877  Terry, while the apologies were nice, there was no excuse for the lack of emergency help.

Lenda

• Like 24
  • Thanks 4

The first time we were scheduled to visit Puerto Quetzal would have been Good Friday in 2009.  However, that port was canceled since the tour operator said that it would be impossible to get the buses to the port with all the celebrations.  We have stopped in Puerto Quetzal four times on BHBs.  Three times, once on Statendam, and twice on Rotterdam VI we stayed in the port area.  In 2014 on Veendam, we took the transfer to Antigua.

The pictures of the port area are from our three stops.  This is a nice place for a cold drink, and with the expensive drink, you get an hour of wifi.

DSC08600.thumb.JPG.e4217a8642a08b18c16a7e728638ecd1.JPG

A weaver at work.

DSC09004.thumb.JPG.5e080baa69787816a67780c708976a7f.JPG

Just a small portion of the vendor's area

DSC08601.thumb.JPG.7fcb4b88918664270d059730fad10477.JPG

A sampling of the entertainment available in the port area

DSC09005.thumb.JPG.f508a5304601a061dff9cdf0b5fef932.JPG

DSC09006.thumb.JPG.cd170838d6287a8d89036d7238be3fea.JPG

DSC09008.thumb.JPG.d4ddcdc7cfbad9318da2f7439081182f.JPG

This is a small sample of the pictures I took in Antiqua.  They are working on restoring the town, but there were many ruined buildings, and IIRC, most was earthquake damage.

DSC01404.thumb.JPG.59fdbda6af18b81201b6aeec0c859a65.JPG

A pretty fountain in the main square

DSC01407.thumb.JPG.5358721a2b5ca07adfdfc2cda3a93612.JPG

A couple of churches

DSC01408.thumb.JPG.4ac0474a5aae1e2f01d81cef7c19fe66.JPG

DSC01409.thumb.JPG.76f5b3cc0c980c7dbb4af02223336e0b.JPG

DSC01431.thumb.JPG.b5e26141ad17749071244f1a8d9b6ddf.JPG

An interesting arch at the end of the main street

DSC01426.thumb.JPG.e32a9a73154a1f3739404419707fe910.JPG

Two colorful residents

DSC01449.thumb.JPG.e3b55d5a3f32ad95daed8b945dcdbfc6.JPG

The Statendam in 2015

DSC01864.thumb.JPG.6346ae641ab65a4c9c13de75f3ee3497.JPG

Lenda

• Like 26
  • Thanks 5

Good Morning from a warm but overcast day at the beach

Forecast says it will be a rainy week, we will see. Hoping to get some golf in.

Dont care for pigs in a blanket but I do like vegetable ( or any type) of lasagna. Have not been to todays port.

Thank you all again for all my birthday wishes yesterday. I was overwhelmed with the amount of caring from this forum. You are all wonderful and hopefully I will meet some of you on a cruise someday.

I am booked on the Grand SAmerica/Antartica for this fall. The roll call is very quiet, last post was over a week ago from me. I am concerned that it is not selling well. This is our 2nd attempt at this itinerary . Last time in 2021 was cancelled due to Covid. 

@summer slope Enjoy Legoland. Great place!

@Mr. Boston Welcome Back.  Rest as much as you can and give yourself time to grieve.

My thoughts and prayers for everyone on the Care List. Has anyone heard any updates on @Scrapnana?  I really enjoyed hoer posts and following along on her travels. Hope she is doing ok.

Just cleaning today.

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Good Monday morning!  Off to get blood drawn, to the Secretary of State to get John's handicap card renewed and then probably Home Depot to get bagged mulch for my garden beds.   It is only going to be in the 40s today so it is a day to get "stuff" done so it warms up I can work outside again.    I just don't enjoy working outside in the cold.  

@StLouisCruisers and Rich thanks for starting us out each morning with the reports   Armenian Genocide should have a day each year, lest we forget.   Pass on the Pigs in Blankets and I don't feel like screaming today.   I have been to Puerto Quetzal in 2017 on the Oosterdam.   We just got off the ship and enjoyed excellent cold beers under the red building in Sandi's photos.  The photos of inland looks like it is a place to book a shore excursion next time we visit.  I will pass on the Eggplant and the Melon but the Cabernet wine looks wonderful.   Thank you @superoma for maintaining our care and celebrations lists for us.  Prayers for all needing them, those on our care list and the people of Ukraine.   Have a nice Monday!  Nancy 

• Like 25

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you for your photos Sandi and the amazing photos your Australian friend shared with you from her tour.

Breaking news in the UK 

Len Goodman has died aged 78.

He is best known as a judge on Strictly Come Dancing.

Condolences to his family and friends.

Graham.

I heard about Len Goodman during breakfast.  He was a funny, proper Englishman and I always enjoyed listening to him on Dancing with the Stars (US program).  My sympathy to his family on their loss.  78 isn't that old.  

2 hours ago, Ichiban Nekko said:

Good Morning Daily-ites!

We have been in France for a few weeks. Consequently, I am way, way behind in my CC reading. And on this thread, there are so many days, quotes, recipes (food & drink), fabulous photos of ports - some of which we may never see in person -- to catch up on.

We took a tour that started in Paris, then proceeded to Normandy (including Juno Beach), Brittany, the Loire Valley, returning to Paris. It has been some years since we've done a group tour. We spent at least two nights at each stop and added extra time in Paris at the end. We had a fabulous Tour Director and Driver, who ensured we had full days with so much to see and learn. The food and wine were, ahem, very nice too 😉  Our phones tell us that we put in 10K+ steps each day, which helped offset all those great croissants, etc.

After we untangle all the mail, finances, etc., associated with this adventure, we will focus on our upcoming Zuiderdam cruise from Quebec. One aspect we are looking forward to is not having to have our bags out and be at the bus by a certain time - except of course on the dreaded Disembarkation Day, LOL.

Best wishes to all,

- Cat

Your trip sounds wonderful.  Thanks for sharing your comments on it.  And welcome home!

2 hours ago, dobiemom said:

Good very early morning! I’m still getting the sleep thing figured out, but it looks like sleeping 2-3 hours at a stretch a few times a day is the best I can do. 

Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List. Thank you all for caring and sharing. Stay safe and healthy everyone. 🙂

Sorry you can't get more than 3 hours at a time.  I wonder how poorly I'd do in the same circumstances.  Hope you get many naptimes during the daytime while under these restrictions.

2 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Dailyites. Hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend. 

Thank you Sandi for the great job of posting the Daily and taking time to post and repost the pictures on the port of the day. 

Yesterday was cold and blustery. Today will be cloudy and 66. I was able to accomplish my chores yesterday except file away papers and shred the rest. 

Made our hotel reservations early for Hyatt Centric and plane reservations for Nov. since we are flying on Thanksgiving Day.  

Gosh there have been very few times I recall screaming. 

Pigs in a blanket.. have not had them in years. 

image.png.78033bf973c6b8c8bf5fbc560e210ad2.png

image.png.c600fd720b47720249dbf86c29f02156.png

We have a little bird nesting in our rose bush outside our bedroom window. She stuck it out through the storm the other night. I think she chose a safe place to nest and I enjoy watching her from our window.

Take care. Lifting up prayers for all in need of them. My heart goes out to the people who are caught between the fighting and wars. 

That's cool you can keep an eye on the bird nest in your rose bush.  Is it thorny?  She'd better be careful!  Good to hear from you today Joy!

2 hours ago, kazu said:

Thanks for our Monday Daily, Sandi.

We should always remember all horrific genocides.  May they never happen again. 🙏🏻 I’ll wait until Wednesday to celebrate scream day - hopefully I don’t but I’m afraid one might slip out. 😳 everyone else can have my pigs in a blanket.

E1D3E6CC-624B-4F61-8A74-CD03673CEDD3.jpeg.e3330918f2b606376bff87a59130f805.jpeg

LOL on that quote from Paula.  Not sure on the meal today.  I’ll wait for Debbie @dfish.

Off for my booster in a couple of hours.  I think it’s the 4th?  It’s raining out so that might nix any outside work today and depending on my arm, it might be just as well LOL.

My little birds are back that shouldn’t be here.  They are looking for the hanging baskets to hide in.  I told them it’s too early to put them out.  This happens every year but it seems they are much earlier this year.

0DB4822C-AACF-4FD4-8096-522FC47498A3.jpeg.02b85b8ef03ec656d4d61ba40e683127.jpeg

@Ichiban Nekko your trip sounds fabulous.  

@dobiemom ugh on only 2 - 3 hours of sleep at a time.  That’s not enough 😔 I hope you can find a way to get more continuous sleep 🤞

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and a toast 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

DC18BA60-2BDF-4ECE-ABF0-10FF9BFA6C17.jpeg.1ab5f7c14d9a3f03781861973722ba23.jpeg

Have a great Monday, everyone.

Love the memes today Jacqui!  Especially being 11 feet too short!  Hilarious!  Hope you have a good week and not too painful therapy Wednesday.

1 hour ago, Mr. Boston said:

Good morning everyone.  First, I would like to thank everyone for their kind thoughts and prayers last week.  You don’t know how much they helped during one of the most difficult times that I’ve ever experienced.   I’ll comment on the things that I find comforting ie. pigs in a blanket, a cucumber cooler and a glass of the cabernet.  I haven’t been to today’s port but the photos are very nice.  Saving my remaining bandwidth for work today as our flight was late and I didn’t get home until after midnight.  Looking forward to getting back on schedule and keeping up with all of the Daily going ons.  Prayers for all of you on today’s prayer list.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events.

NIce to see you back home @Mr. Boston.  I can't imagine how difficult it was, just as you said.  Prayers continue for you and the family.🙏

49 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Todlay's port of the day is one of my favorites.  I love walking around that little area.  We took a ships tour up into the mountains to see the McDonalds with a view of the Volcano.  The roads were so tight going through the town.  Saw a Jade factory.  Coming back we were 45 minutes late but the ship waited.  Another private tour stuck to the bus to make sure they could get back in time.

Hi Dixie!  What a view from that McDonald's!  Hopefully the volcano wasn't TOO close! 

The most unique McDonald's we ever saw was in Batumi, Georgia - the country of Georgia, not the state I live in!  It's on the Black Sea.  The McDonald's was built in 2013 and we were there in October 2014 on Prinsendam.  However there was no one in there when we went inside.  They had a party room (think birthday party) on the second floor.  Here's a story about it here. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/inside-modern-glass-mcdonalds-georgia-2020-6?op=1#it-was-built-in-2013-and-designed-by-harvard-educated-architect-giorgi-khmaladze-4

We should have Batumi, Georgia as port of the day sometime!  I've got plenty of pictures to show you!📷

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 3

Good Monday Morning Dailyites!  We are off to the vets this morning with our elderly not so well Irving. We want to ask our options for him at the vets.  He would starve to death if left at the house, as he only wants to eat human food, and lost a massive amount of weight last year when we were gone for 11 days.  This time we will be gone for a much longer time, and the cat feeder/carer /litter bix cleaner did not when asked to, give him "human" food that we had for him.  He is always unconfortable and is in pain, and howls a lot, and I have felt for a long time that it was "his time".  DH is finally in agreement, but wants to check if we board him, while we are gone, would it make a difference?

Edvard-munch-the-scream.Jpg

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 3

44 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Eva, thank you for celebrating my new fridge! But it can come off the list now. Though I am still exploring all its nooks & crannies. 😎

Will do. I hope you like and enjoy your new fridge. Mine was a year old in December and I still don’t like it. I will go back to freezer on the top when I need another one. I just cannot come to terms with the baskets in the freezer on the bottom. But my DH is ecstatic since he doesn’t need to bend down to get a beer or soda. Lol

• Like 19
  • Haha 4

Good morning,

Thanks again to all that make this thread possible. It is a lot of work to keep it going for us to enjoy. Yesterday was very difficult. I was unable to stay for the whole service. Luckily my DS and DDIL were there and took me home. I had my very first anxiety/ panic attack. I started to feel it when I entered the building and by the time I went through the line of family members I was shaking and felt a weight on my chest. The grief was palpable and I felt awful. It was just too soon from DH and DS death to experience this. I felt guilty leaving but I did not want anyone to focus on me when it needed to be about them. 

My hopes is getting away and focusing on something else will continue to help the healing process. I  really am looking forward to seeing Norway. My DGS and I watch Ice Road Rescue which takes place in Norway. He wants me to go find them. I don’t have the heart to tell him I will not be near where they live.  I will pick up some Norway souvenirs for him. 

Have a great day. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 11

Good morning, everyone!

@Denise T Thank you for the Armenian history lesson.  Genocide has occurred more often in history than most of us know about.  We need to teach about it if we have any chance of preventing future occurrences.  

It is a gloomy, chilly start to the day here in mid-Michigan.  They are claiming a high of 50F today with occasional sun.  I'm not sure I believe them.  Yesterday they said no precipitation.  I was halfway through my walk when it started sleeting.  Hopefully, I will get through the full walk today.  I do think the drink today sounds good.  It would be nice on a hot summer day.   I make an infused water with cucumbers, lime, and mint.  It is wonderful on a hot day.  

Today's meal is a good one for those of us looking to cut the carbs.  In two of the recipes today the eggplant replaces the noodles.  In the third recipe the eggplant and noodles are both used.  And for the meat lovers, you may go ahead and make it with a meat sauce or add the sausage in.  This first recipe only has 8 g of carbohydrate in a serving.  But the key is to know the serving size.   https://www.themediterraneandish.com/eggplant-lasagna/vegeggplantlasagna1.thumb.jpg.03ed8925ffa076fb4c6228786c7f52e9.jpg

This recipe uses both the eggplant and the noodles.  Carb count is 44 g.  The noodles make a huge difference.   https://healthyfitnessmeals.com/vegetarian-eggplant-lasagna/

vegeggplantlasagna2.thumb.jpg.ebcfc9d0baf56b5f579631940130adc2.jpg

This last one uses just the eggplant with no noodles and carb count is 14g.  Two out of three recipes say not to freeze leftovers because the eggplant gets too soggy.  All say you can add in ground meat if you desire.  https://www.wellplated.com/eggplant-lasagna/

vegeggplantlasagna3.thumb.jpg.a6e0e472704ad0ecc286bbeb0ca54d99.jpg

Welcome home @Ichiban Nekko.  Glad you enjoyed your trip.

@Mr. Boston we will continue to hold you close in our hearts.  

Hugs to all who need one.  Wishing you all a wonderful day.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 10

Good morning.  Thank you Rich, Sandi, Eva, Debbie, Dixie, and Ann.  The main agenda for today is a haircut for which I am woefully overdue.  I wonder if MIT knew what they were starting in 1962.  I  wonder if Poundstone could have chosen her own Mother's maiden name as who could contradict her.  We should certainly not forget any Genocide (are we getting close now when people can be killed just for turning on the wrong driveway) and want to scream at the constant barrage of deaths.  I'd prefer another kind of lasagna and would probably prefer English Pigs in Blankets to ours.  My alternative menu suggestion is Chilled Pineapple Pina Colada Soup, Classic Caesar Salad and Grilled Black Angus Filet Mignon as served on MS Amsterdam April 24, 2014.

Roy

• Like 31

1 hour ago, Mr. Boston said:

Good morning everyone.  First, I would like to thank everyone for their kind thoughts and prayers last week.  You don’t know how much they helped during one of the most difficult times that I’ve ever experienced.   I’ll comment on the things that I find comforting ie. pigs in a blanket, a cucumber cooler and a glass of the cabernet.  I haven’t been to today’s port but the photos are very nice.  Saving my remaining bandwidth for work today as our flight was late and I didn’t get home until after midnight.  Looking forward to getting back on schedule and keeping up with all of the Daily going ons.  Prayers for all of you on today’s prayer list.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events.

@Mr. Boston  I just now read about the loss of your brother. We send our deepest condolences to you and all your family. <<<hugs>>>

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, cruising sister said:

Good morning,

Thanks again to all that make this thread possible. It is a lot of work to keep it going for us to enjoy. Yesterday was very difficult. I was unable to stay for the whole service. Luckily my DS and DDIL were there and took me home. I had my very first anxiety/ panic attack. I started to feel it when I entered the building and by the time I went through the line of family members I was shaking and felt a weight on my chest. The grief was palpable and I felt awful. It was just too soon from DH and DS death to experience this. I felt guilty leaving but I did not want anyone to focus on me when it needed to be about them. 

My hopes is getting away and focusing on something else will continue to help the healing process. I  really am looking forward to seeing Norway. My DGS and I watch Ice Road Rescue which takes place in Norway. He wants me to go find them. I don’t have the heart to tell him I will not be near where they live.  I will pick up some Norway souvenirs for him. 

Have a great day. 

Lorraine, I am sorry to hear of how distressed attending your friend's DS's funeral made you feel.  You certainly have had quite a lot of loss in your life recently.  We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.  The Norway trip will do wonders for you.  It's one of my favorite places to visit.  Hope you have a better day today.

Annie @marshhawk I hope you get some answers and options from the vet today for Irving.  Good luck.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, cruising sister said:

Good morning,

Have a great day. 

I am so sorry that you experienced the panic attack.  It is extremely debilitating. I hope the coming days are better for you.

• Like 21

47 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

Welcome Back IN. I see you are back at full strength. Sorry I missed you on our cruise end of last year!

Thank you RNB! We are very sorry that we weren't able to connect last year. However, we figure it can't happen twice (can it?), so we have again booked on the Nieuw Statendam, December 17-January 7th. And we are also on the Zuiderdam out of Quebec on Sept 30th. All sorts of opportunities, ya know? 😉

• Like 20

It's a little gloomy outside right now so how about something to cheer us up?  The Celebration Tree at DD's house is all ready for Cinco de Mayo!  This year the holiday is on a Friday (next week!) so I'm sure the partying will start early for the weekend.  Here is this year's version of her Cinco de Mayo tree.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKMYWIMwfhvDVXWwv49tG2cldMTLfbtJ__wYVBQ_4iTow?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1681694872

Pinatas!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIYJnA4xOoT8WwLB8ssdNBlV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1681694868

DD's favorite -- margaritas!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJVWyg38naytOS3bgpnd8LHKwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1681694871

All we need now is a mariachi band!

• Like 29
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

The first time we were scheduled to visit Puerto Quetzal would have been Good Friday in 2009.  However, that port was canceled since the tour operator said that it would be impossible to get the buses to the port with all the celebrations.  We have stopped in Puerto Quetzal four times on BHBs.  Three times, once on Statendam, and twice on Rotterdam VI we stayed in the port area.  In 2014 on Veendam, we took the transfer to Antigua.

The pictures of the port area are from our three stops.  This is a nice place for a cold drink, and with the expensive drink, you get an hour of wifi.

DSC08600.thumb.JPG.e4217a8642a08b18c16a7e728638ecd1.JPG

A weaver at work.

DSC09004.thumb.JPG.5e080baa69787816a67780c708976a7f.JPG

Just a small portion of the vendor's area

DSC08601.thumb.JPG.7fcb4b88918664270d059730fad10477.JPG

A sampling of the entertainment available in the port area

DSC09005.thumb.JPG.f508a5304601a061dff9cdf0b5fef932.JPG

DSC09006.thumb.JPG.cd170838d6287a8d89036d7238be3fea.JPG

DSC09008.thumb.JPG.d4ddcdc7cfbad9318da2f7439081182f.JPG

This is a small sample of the pictures I took in Antiqua.  They are working on restoring the town, but there were many ruined buildings, and IIRC, most was earthquake damage.

DSC01404.thumb.JPG.59fdbda6af18b81201b6aeec0c859a65.JPG

A pretty fountain in the main square

DSC01407.thumb.JPG.5358721a2b5ca07adfdfc2cda3a93612.JPG

A couple of churches

DSC01408.thumb.JPG.4ac0474a5aae1e2f01d81cef7c19fe66.JPG

DSC01409.thumb.JPG.76f5b3cc0c980c7dbb4af02223336e0b.JPG

DSC01431.thumb.JPG.b5e26141ad17749071244f1a8d9b6ddf.JPG

An interesting arch at the end of the main street

DSC01426.thumb.JPG.e32a9a73154a1f3739404419707fe910.JPG

Two colorful residents

DSC01449.thumb.JPG.e3b55d5a3f32ad95daed8b945dcdbfc6.JPG

The Statendam in 2015

DSC01864.thumb.JPG.6346ae641ab65a4c9c13de75f3ee3497.JPG

Lenda

Thank you for your interesting photos Lenda.

Graham.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. Just arriving San Diego. It’s 56 degrees outside and today’s high is forecasted to reach 66. I know it takes an H Vac system to change around  but  I hope it hurries up, Room is cold. 
Not much time this morning as we have to clear customs and the. We have a Hal winery excursion. Dinner in Tamarind last night which was good.

Need to get a move on. Maybe later.

Thanks for report. Internet is so slow this morning. Hope this sends.

image.thumb.jpeg.c251bf5d09a3cb745117723f3fdac71f.jpegimage.jpeg.b11951c4ccaa47ce6a6ddef59227806f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.58c4fe80572a419bc9954bc094617103.jpegimage.jpeg.b7e117478e3c2532e6ff259bd777c377.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d4144d50819cc466aac5140cc86b3ce5.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Haha 14

2 hours ago, kazu said:

@dobiemom ugh on only 2 - 3 hours of sleep at a time.  That’s not enough 😔 I hope you can find a way to get more continuous sleep 🤞

55 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Sorry you can't get more than 3 hours at a time.  I wonder how poorly I'd do in the same circumstances.  Hope you get many naptimes during the daytime while under these restrictions.

It’s actually not that bad. I can’t really do anything anyways.  My nose must be pointed to the ground or if my head is lifted I can only look at the horizon or below, not up. No driving (vision is still blurry), no lifting more than 10#, showers from neck down only* (don’t want to chance eye getting infected). So I’m just reading or watching movies on my tablet, watching a little TV (it’s hard using the “comfort view” mirror). 

In addition to using the bed and chair equipment, I also sit on the (more comfortable) sofa with pillows behind my back (so I remember to lean forward not back) and sometimes converting the face support unit to use on the TV tray to give me an additional place to sit. So basically I’m in one of those 3 places all day.  🫤 But ya do what ya gotta do. 

The eye shield has soft plastic all around so I covered the edges with paper tape. Then I placed the eye shield on and held it in place with a headband like a pirate. It works! No more face irritation. Great idea, @Quartzsite Cruiser Lenda!

*Since I can’t have my head back/look up, on Tues I’m going to my hairdresser so she can wash my hair. I’ll lean forward over the sink with a towel over my eyes, or maybe crouch on a stool. We don’t have a bathtub at home (well, we do in the travel trailer) so this will be easier. 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3