The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday May 2nd, 2023

3 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning, Dailyites!  I have been thinking of you all, especially Jacqui, @kazu, yesterday, and Tana, of course, even when I'm not posting.  I do wish I was going to be available to entertain @marshhawk in Victoria, but I think I'm going to have my hands full.  We are having multiple appointments daily it seems, with all the tests and meetings before Pat's surgery on Friday.  Today we will have a session with the ostomy clinic, and I'm expected to participate.  Not looking forward to that... Yesterday was a long time at the hospital with a full-body bone scan, to make sure nothing has spread.  It is interesting that in the hospital, a lot of people are not masking, we are, of course, especially because we've been travelling.

I'm not fond of tilapia, we ate it a lot in Kenya, and spicy is not for me, either.  It does make me happy to see Ivan making himself at home at Jacqui's.  Does he think he's a lapdog?  We met a very large dog the other day at the Ogden Point while we were waiting for Copper to come off the NA, and we were told he definitely thought he was a lapdog.

I have been tracking my missing AirTag, it is in Alesund Norway, today!  I have now put it in "lost" mode, so someone on the Rotterdam with an iPhone may discover it and it will tell them who it belongs to...  I don't know if I'll ever see it again.

IMG_2152.thumb.jpeg.d4be406121859998d30b34e913eb64f9.jpeg

Sending you both our good wishes Ann and good luck to Pat for his surgery on Friday.

Graham.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Terri, enjoy your lunch with your friend.

Ann, I'm sorry you and Pat are having to go through so much before the surgery.  Sending positive thoughts for a successful surgery and a quick, uneventful recovery.

Since no one has posted pictures from today's port, I decided to move us down the coast and to share my pictures from our day in Accra.  We had a city tour with stops at the national museum and a park, before a few stops near the coast.  Like many African countries, Ghana is a contrast between grand buildings and poverty.

We were greeted by these dancers and musicians upon arrival at the dock.

IMG_7560.thumb.JPG.a78ad4791e08b340d8281bedd8517532.JPG

IMG_7561.thumb.JPG.0e2e511436a4a734ee2c42a9a35ffb8a.JPG

Some of the pictures were taken from the bus and are not as good as I'd like.  

IMG_7564.thumb.JPG.e8ab88e29d0617cef50c6f6291a6f253.JPG

Accra Temple (Mormon)

IMG_7565.thumb.JPG.68af7494b5d661b3971f5209a22d3d9a.JPG

A couple of exhibits at the National Museum

IMG_7566.thumb.JPG.355874af81a60c0d63ea9e6cadd027a1.JPG

IMG_7572.thumb.JPG.e65b173c972ab561b6337a3d146b7ea4.JPG

Next was the obligatory shopping stop

IMG_7581.thumb.JPG.bccfd363d51c7245731d276fcd40a6a5.JPG

IMG_7582.thumb.JPG.070408355b0e4ff6d0570124788c18b4.JPG

Our next stop was the Kwame Nkrumah Memorial Park and Mausoleum.   Kwame Nkrumah was the first Prime Minister of Ghana.

IMG_7586.thumb.JPG.a97202fab56e318389569b53aade0d93.JPG

IMG_7588.thumb.JPG.37978c16a5e421c6cd7716223ff046f0.JPG

IMG_7589.thumb.JPG.92e8a5a4cc23643ffce21086cdd56aaf.JPG

IMG_7591.thumb.JPG.b8a442db043d69950fd4b42c8b52b806.JPG

Another part of town

IMG_7592.thumb.JPG.6938d74c2c60df73efac3a4da21aa91d.JPG

Our next stop was a nice hotel and resort for a cold drink.

IMG_7593.thumb.JPG.2a013e4f29f9a8635cb6281131cd71c7.JPG

One of the natives

IMG_7596.thumb.JPG.3ae45f198edc1bb930e1414ed55a081f.JPG

Our final stop was the strangest and most interesting -- a coffin "factory".  From the size, I think they were for children or for ashes.

IMG_7606.thumb.JPG.74c0de6de3ec47c85a7450518e48c930.JPG

IMG_7607.thumb.JPG.a00c7a60265580727af4d6bcb35fae61.JPG

IMG_7608.thumb.JPG.28a8e3583e8dab84f36cdc00bab5b11a.JPG

Looking at the neighboring area from the upstairs display area.

IMG_7605.thumb.JPG.90d9bd19fd4efeeead87de2929388d72.JPG

Lenda

Nice photo collection Lenda.

Graham.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Safe travels tomorrow and enjoy beautiful Vancouver. Bon Voyage as well. I will miss you but I am so glad that you are going away.

I hope Tana is feeling better today Terry.

Good wishes to all of your family.

Graham.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon from the lovely Volendam in San Diego this bright sunny day. Disembarkation went faster than expected and even though the last in transit passengers were to report at 9:45, it was announced at 9:20 for all remaining in transit guests to disembark. So off I went. I had errands to run and Starbucks too. The errands got done quickly but Starbucks was a miss. I had wanted to download some movies but the connection was too slow. Oh well. Back onboard at 11:30 and there were no lines for those embarking or for in transit. 

I’ve missed so much and there is no way I can go back and send well wishes and celebrations. So forgive me but my thoughts are with you all. 

Laura @TiogaCruiser, I’m sorry that we were unable to say goodbye. Thank you so much for your hibiscus flowers. I’m enjoying them and they are very special. Now how do I get them home and not crushed?  😉

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

Happy Tuesday.  Another chilly, dreary day here.  Better weather is on the way, soon I hope!  No babies here, the youngest grands are 7 and 9.  The 9 year old is learning to bake.  Her chocolate chip cookies are great!  @kazuIvan looks like he's settling in nicely.  @marshhawkhave a wonderful trip!  @smitty34877prayers that things are a little better at your house with Tana and your teenager.  Prayers for all who need them, and cheers for the rest.  Thanks for sharing, Karen

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon from the lovely Koningsdam! We’re having a lazy sea day, just a port talk this morning and wine tasting this afternoon. Tonight is our only Dressy night for this cruise.

Everything is going very well! Dinner in the Tamarind last night was excellent. Tomorrow we’ll be in Ketchikan. 

Leaving you with a view that I’ll never find boring. We’ve had a lot of fog this morning but the sun is out now and I’m enjoying the balcony (with my jacket)!

1D109238-F479-406A-AFCD-5948AA6CAAFA.thumb.jpeg.db318a357df6f93ee217ec834fa7acd6.jpeg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the Daily. Wish that I had the time to read all of the days that I miss! I am second of six,  DH & I spend as much time as possible with siblings. One of my sisters left us in December, 2019, we are all pleased that her husband, my first brother-in-law {we were in the same high school typing class 🙄, typing?} spends plenty of time with us, frequently visits his mother-in-law (my 103 year DM!) and when he remarried in February, we all sent love and heartfelt congratulations. ❤️

• Like 17

2 minutes ago, Norseh2o said:

Thank you for the Daily. Wish that I had the time to read all of the days that I miss! I am second of six,  DH & I spend as much time as possible with siblings. One of my sisters left us in December, 2019, we are all pleased that her husband, my first brother-in-law {we were in the same high school typing class 🙄, typing?} spends plenty of time with us, frequently visits his mother-in-law (my 103 year DM!) and when he remarried in February, we all sent love and heartfelt congratulations. ❤️

What a great family dynamic. You are blessed.

• Like 11

What an odd day.  We have had windy weather the past couple of days, like many of you have experienced.  So suddenly the power went out briefly causing me to wait until the wifi let me back on the internet so I could continue working on Shutterfly.  Of course the DVR needed 10 minutes to reboot so there went the program I had on.  Missed the end of it.  Yes, the computer is running fine and the treadmill just does the incline testing just to annoy us and delay our workout.  Takes about 2 minutes.  As Scarlett said tomorrow is another day!

I seem to recall Mary Kay @cruzn single posting after her Mohs surgery she was having plastic surgery on her nose under general anesthesia Wednesday afternoon.  So Mary Kay I wish you the best of luck with that and hope the follow up surgery goes great as well!   I'll do the same for Charlene @cunnorl for her surgery and Ann @Vict0riann's Pat's surgery on Friday.  Praying for your surgeons, too.  Ann what a bummer about the air tag.  I do hope someone will send it to you!  

Jacqui @kazu how thoughtful of your dear sister to send you flowers yesterday.  I'm glad Ivan made his appearance at your house, too.  He seems like he will be good company for you.  Hope you're feeling a little better now.  

@ocean sounds great news about the London trip.  You and DS will have a wonderful time I'm sure.  Safe travels!

Also want to wish Annie @marshhawk and Chuck a safe trip tomorrow.  You are going to have such a great time on Nieuw Amsterdam!  Miss you already.😚

Lorraine @cruising sister bon voyage to you too as you leave for your Nieuw Statendam cruise.  Boy we are going to be without many of our Dailyites with everyone leaving all of a sudden.  Have a great time and talk to you when you get home.  Hope you are feeling okay now.

Jane @lazey1 and Sharon @Sharon in AZ bon voyage wishes to you both as you set sail from San Diego on the Volendam!  Should be a great time!

Joy @Seasick Sailor you are a good friend helping to sort and set up for the sale for your friend.  She probably couldn't have done all this without you!

Terri @Cruzin Terri you deserve a lunch out with a friend today after all that closet sorting you did.  Plus the strain of getting the house complete.  Hope it was fun!

Lenda, @Quartzsite Cruiser thank you for your photos of Ghana (Accra) today.  I remembered that Rich @richwmn was in Takoradi this spring and went to see what he did there.  They did some shopping/looking at the huge market set up on the dock there instead of heading into town.  The weather was hot of course.  He said they had what looked like local carvings and paintings, but he had no idea if the clothes were local.  

Terry @smitty34877 I hope you are having a better day, and that Tana and her teenager are feeling less stressed about her pneumonia.  Is she improving?  I realize that with Pulmonary Fibrosis she will probably not have huge improvement but less strain on her lungs would be so much better. Prayers for you all!

Have we seen @erewhon post here the last few days?  I hope everybody is fine there. 

And Carolyn @Cruising-along smooth seas for you on the Koningsdam.  Hope you have a fine day in Ketchikan!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

What an odd day.  We have had windy weather the past couple of days, like many of you have experienced.  So suddenly the power went out briefly causing me to wait until the wifi let me back on the internet so I could continue working on Shutterfly.  Of course the DVR needed 10 minutes to reboot so there went the program I had on.  Missed the end of it.  Yes, the computer is running fine and the treadmill just does the incline testing just to annoy us and delay our workout.  Takes about 2 minutes.  As Scarlett said tomorrow is another day!

I seem to recall Mary Kay @cruzn single posting after her Mohs surgery she was having plastic surgery on her nose under general anesthesia Wednesday afternoon.  So Mary Kay I wish you the best of luck with that and hope the follow up surgery goes great as well!   I'll do the same for Charlene @cunnorl for her surgery and Ann @Vict0riann's Pat's surgery on Friday.  Praying for your surgeons, too.  Ann what a bummer about the air tag.  I do hope someone will send it to you!  

Jacqui @kazu how thoughtful of your dear sister to send you flowers yesterday.  I'm glad Ivan made his appearance at your house, too.  He seems like he will be good company for you.  Hope you're feeling a little better now.  

@ocean sounds great news about the London trip.  You and DS will have a wonderful time I'm sure.  Safe travels!

Also want to wish Annie @marshhawk and Chuck a safe trip tomorrow.  You are going to have such a great time on Nieuw Amsterdam!  Miss you already.😚

Lorraine @cruising sister bon voyage to you too as you leave for your Nieuw Statendam cruise.  Boy we are going to be without many of our Dailyites with everyone leaving all of a sudden.  Have a great time and talk to you when you get home.  Hope you are feeling okay now.

Jane @lazey1 and Sharon @Sharon in AZ bon voyage wishes to you both as you set sail from San Diego on the Volendam!  Should be a great time!

Joy @Seasick Sailor you are a good friend helping to sort and set up for the sale for your friend.  She probably couldn't have done all this without you!

Terri @Cruzin Terri you deserve a lunch out with a friend today after all that closet sorting you did.  Plus the strain of getting the house complete.  Hope it was fun!

Lenda, @Quartzsite Cruiser thank you for your photos of Ghana (Accra) today.  I remembered that Rich @richwmn was in Takoradi this spring and went to see what he did there.  They did some shopping/looking at the huge market set up on the dock there instead of heading into town.  The weather was hot of course.  He said they had what looked like local carvings and paintings, but he had no idea if the clothes were local.  

Terry @smitty34877 I hope you are having a better day, and that Tana and her teenager are feeling less stressed about her pneumonia.  Is she improving?  I realize that with Pulmonary Fibrosis she will probably not have huge improvement but less strain on her lungs would be so much better. Prayers for you all!

Have we seen @erewhon post here the last few days?  I hope everybody is fine there. 

And Carolyn @Cruising-along smooth seas for you on the Koningsdam.  Hope you have a fine day in Ketchikan!

Thank you Sandi! I want to add that last night I slept better than I have in weeks. I need a bed that gently rocks!

• Like 14

Catching up - it’s been a busy one.  Finally, Ivan is sleeping.  My cardinal sin - on the couch (dogs were never allowed on furniture but he has been for nearly 9 years so what’s a girl to do?) with his paw on my leg and his head on my leg.  Now how am I supposed to make dinner?  

Seriously….

8 hours ago, marshhawk said:

I don't travel with phone, computer or any way to connect with you, so please all be safe, and I hope well. So, a busy day today, all day flying tomorrow and then I will be enjoying the beauty of Vancouver and Victoria until Sunday when we cruise!  I do keep a self created journal to complete each day for my adventures.  I am nervous, I am excited, and I wish I could hug you all!

Annie, wishing you very safe travels and a smooth flight and of course a Big Voyage 🙂. Don’t be nervous - you will enjoy it all and so deserve to.

D190D60E-90C5-4B74-97EF-53FD34D14512.jpeg.415ca052ee3388de903ff8170513f4f6.jpeg

8 hours ago, cruising sister said:

Good morning,

It is another sunny windy day.  I have finished packing and closed up the suitcase. To say I am a little anxious is an understatement.

Good for you all packed 👍. Hoping you have a fabulous time on your cruise.  You have a great roll call and I’m sure they will add to the enjoyment of your cruise 🤞 

C219E476-4253-4B8C-B65A-16B8C5A98DBC.jpeg.b7be56464294056604b4c6d9f4e4dccc.jpeg

7 hours ago, cunnorl said:

@superoma Thank you for putting me on the prayer list. 

I am waiting for the call from the hospital for what time to arrive tomorrow. I will be in for a few days so I wont be checking in here.  All will be well.

Praying and so hoping all goes well for you 🙏🏻. Take care and know we all care & pray for you.

@lazey1 Wishing you an absolutely fabulous sailing 🚢  

FA32DE25-024D-47D3-99D1-C2062E5389A3.jpeg.a649fdcfcbb3b73333e66f3388d52f88.jpeg

6 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

We are having multiple appointments daily it seems, with all the tests and meetings before Pat's surgery on Friday.  Today we will have a session with the ostomy clinic, and I'm expected to participate.  Not looking forward to that... Yesterday was a long time at the hospital with a full-body bone scan, to make sure nothing has spread.

So sorry for the long days at the hospital for you both, Ann 😔. You and Pat are in my heart and prayers for what you need to endure now and for his surgery on Friday.  I pray it goes well and he recovers quickly 🙏🏻 

It is interesting that in the hospital, a lot of people are not masking, we are, of course, especially because we've been travelling.

Wow, what a difference in provinces.  Masking IS mandatory here in NB for all medical environments including the hospital. And yes, they still ask us the covid questions.  

It does make me happy to see Ivan making himself at home at Jacqui's.  Does he think he's a lapdog?  We met a very large dog the other day at the Ogden Point while we were waiting for Copper to come off the NA, and we were told he definitely thought he was a lapdog.

LOL -  no,, Ivan knows he’s not a lap dog and doesn’t try that but he wants to be close to you all the time.  If he’s on the floor (which he is mostly) the next thing you know his head is on your leg or knee (Marley did that too but not this much.  He is very much a one person dog and likes you in his sight.  Hoping I can change that a smidge so he is not overly dependent but for now, we are going with the flow.  Except for the treats, kongs and food.  He is horribly overweight and he still gets treats but not to the extent he was and no to the 3 kongs a day stuffed with canned dog food.  OMG.  I kept my kongs happily (one of the few dog things I didn’t give away) And yes, my dogs get them - when I am going out.  So, I am weaning him with a treat inside all broken up.  He hasn’t bugged me for his noon one or his dinner one so far.

He’s adapting very well to it too, so far 🤞 

39 minutes ago, Norseh2o said:

One of my sisters left us in December, 2019, we are all pleased that her husband, my first brother-in-law {we were in the same high school typing class 🙄, typing?} spends plenty of time with us, frequently visits his mother-in-law (my 103 year DM!) and when he remarried in February, we all sent love and heartfelt congratulations. ❤️

This is just lovely ♥️. I wish more families were like this.  You are all blessed.

29 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Thank you Sandi! I want to add that last night I slept better than I have in weeks. I need a bed that gently rocks!

Yippee - well, if you need a bed that rocks you’ll just have to cruise more often 😉 Seriously, so glad to hear you slept well.  

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon, everyone!

We made all our donation trips today and left quite a bit in places.  Sue is still filling donation bags and that is a good thing.  Her bedroom is looking like a normal bedroom again.  Now, the guest room and the art room need to be organized.  

We are 6 siblings and I am the eldest.  We've had our ups and downs and we all have our quirks, but we have stayed close through the years.  I know my mom was afraid we'd go our separate ways once she was gone, but we haven't.  It has been great being back in Michigan in order to spend time with each of them.  DB Bill and his wife are coming for dinner Friday for Cinco de Mayo.  DB Jeff may join us.  He's thinking it over.  

Jacqui @kazu I am glad that Ivan is acclimating to your home.  My sister had a large dog (black lab/newfoundland mix) and he did well with others.  When she would travel a lot she'd have me come and stay with him or her friend, Karen.  Karen never gave him his pig's ears at night and he always lost weight when she was there, but he loved her and literally jumped with joy when he saw her.  

For those undergoing medical procedures and surgeries tomorrow, my well wishes for a successful outcome and rapid recovery.  

• Like 16

Good afternoon.  It has been a cloudy, dreary day, and even though it looks like rain, none is forecast for a couple of days.  After that, predictions are for seven straight days of rain.  However, with spring in Texas, you can never be sure.  I hope I can finish power washing the rest of the house except the port tomorrow.  After the next round of rain, I'll tackle the driveway and the port, hopefilly before it gets too hot.

4 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily. No baby, no brothers or sisters, and no ukulele here. Pass on the meal, but maybe on the drink and wine. I haven’t been to the port. 

Good evening as we sail away from Cobh. it started cloudy but by late day the sun had come out. We did the Titanic Experience, then walked about town. I couldn’t walk up to St. Colman’s, but did as much as I could with my sore knees and legs. 

@StLouisCruisers a thanks for the startup. 
@kazu Ivan looks at home. 
@dobiemom I’m glad you can sleep on your side now. 
@St Pete Cruiser Thank goodness for the medical care you received. 
@smitty34877 Many prayers for Tana and your family. 
@superoma Great job in the lists!

Prayers to those in need, bon voyage to those about to cruise, and Cheers to those with reason to Celebrate. 

St. Colman’s and the colorful houses in Cobh. 
IMG_2622.thumb.jpeg.02997d687f096dd3ff0dbe778882b576.jpeg

Vanessa, I'm glad you enjoyed Cobh, and I hope your knees get better everyday.

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Nice photo collection Lenda.

Graham.

Thank you, Gtaham.

2 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good afternoon from the lovely Volendam in San Diego this bright sunny day. Disembarkation went faster than expected and even though the last in transit passengers were to report at 9:45, it was announced at 9:20 for all remaining in transit guests to disembark. So off I went. I had errands to run and Starbucks too. The errands got done quickly but Starbucks was a miss. I had wanted to download some movies but the connection was too slow. Oh well. Back onboard at 11:30 and there were no lines for those embarking or for in transit. 

I’ve missed so much and there is no way I can go back and send well wishes and celebrations. So forgive me but my thoughts are with you all. 

Laura @TiogaCruiser, I’m sorry that we were unable to say goodbye. Thank you so much for your hibiscus flowers. I’m enjoying them and they are very special. Now how do I get them home and not crushed?  😉

Have a great day everyone!

Sharon, I hope the next segment is as good as the canal cruise.

1 hour ago, Norseh2o said:

It is very heartwarming that your DBIL stayed in contact with your family, and that the family welcomed his second wife.

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Good afternoon from the lovely Koningsdam! We’re having a lazy sea day, just a port talk this morning and wine tasting this afternoon. Tonight is our only Dressy night for this cruise.

Everything is going very well! Dinner in the Tamarind last night was excellent. Tomorrow we’ll be in Ketchikan. 

Leaving you with a view that I’ll never find boring. We’ve had a lot of fog this morning but the sun is out now and I’m enjoying the balcony (with my jacket)!

1D109238-F479-406A-AFCD-5948AA6CAAFA.thumb.jpeg.db318a357df6f93ee217ec834fa7acd6.jpeg

Carolyn, that view never gets old or boring.  Enjoy your cruise.

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Catching up - it’s been a busy one.  Finally, Ivan is sleeping.  My cardinal sin - on the couch (dogs were never allowed on furniture but he has been for nearly 9 years so what’s a girl to do?) with his paw on my leg and his head on my leg.  Now how am I supposed to make dinner?  

Seriously….

Annie, wishing you very safe travels and a smooth flight and of course a Big Voyage 🙂. Don’t be nervous - you will enjoy it all and so deserve to.

D190D60E-90C5-4B74-97EF-53FD34D14512.jpeg.415ca052ee3388de903ff8170513f4f6.jpeg

Good for you all packed 👍. Hoping you have a fabulous time on your cruise.  You have a great roll call and I’m sure they will add to the enjoyment of your cruise 🤞 

C219E476-4253-4B8C-B65A-16B8C5A98DBC.jpeg.b7be56464294056604b4c6d9f4e4dccc.jpeg

Praying and so hoping all goes well for you 🙏🏻. Take care and know we all care & pray for you.

@lazey1 Wishing you an absolutely fabulous sailing 🚢  

FA32DE25-024D-47D3-99D1-C2062E5389A3.jpeg.a649fdcfcbb3b73333e66f3388d52f88.jpeg

So sorry for the long days at the hospital for you both, Ann 😔. You and Pat are in my heart and prayers for what you need to endure now and for his surgery on Friday.  I pray it goes well and he recovers quickly 🙏🏻 

Wow, what a difference in provinces.  Masking IS mandatory here in NB for all medical environments including the hospital. And yes, they still ask us the covid questions.  

LOL -  no,, Ivan knows he’s not a lap dog and doesn’t try that but he wants to be close to you all the time.  If he’s on the floor (which he is mostly) the next thing you know his head is on your leg or knee (Marley did that too but not this much.  He is very much a one person dog and likes you in his sight.  Hoping I can change that a smidge so he is not overly dependent but for now, we are going with the flow.  Except for the treats, kongs and food.  He is horribly overweight and he still gets treats but not to the extent he was and no to the 3 kongs a day stuffed with canned dog food.  OMG.  I kept my kongs happily (one of the few dog things I didn’t give away) And yes, my dogs get them - when I am going out.  So, I am weaning him with a treat inside all broken up.  He hasn’t bugged me for his noon one or his dinner one so far.

He’s adapting very well to it too, so far 🤞 

This is just lovely ♥️. I wish more families were like this.  You are all blessed.

Yippee - well, if you need a bed that rocks you’ll just have to cruise more often 😉 Seriously, so glad to hear you slept well.  

Jacqui, I glad Ivan is settling in, and I agree, his arrival couldn't have come at a more opportune time, giving you companionship and love yesterday.

11 minutes ago, dfish said:

Good afternoon, everyone!

We made all our donation trips today and left quite a bit in places.  Sue is still filling donation bags and that is a good thing.  Her bedroom is looking like a normal bedroom again.  Now, the guest room and the art room need to be organized.  

We are 6 siblings and I am the eldest.  We've had our ups and downs and we all have our quirks, but we have stayed close through the years.  I know my mom was afraid we'd go our separate ways once she was gone, but we haven't.  It has been great being back in Michigan in order to spend time with each of them.  DB Bill and his wife are coming for dinner Friday for Cinco de Mayo.  DB Jeff may join us.  He's thinking it over.  

Jacqui @kazu I am glad that Ivan is acclimating to your home.  My sister had a large dog (black lab/newfoundland mix) and he did well with others.  When she would travel a lot she'd have me come and stay with him or her friend, Karen.  Karen never gave him his pig's ears at night and he always lost weight when she was there, but he loved her and literally jumped with joy when he saw her.  

For those undergoing medical procedures and surgeries tomorrow, my well wishes for a successful outcome and rapid recovery.  

Debbie, it's always good to hear about another close knit family.  The downside of being an only child of only children is the lack of extended family.  My grandmothers had brothers and sisters, but the families scattered once they left home.

Lenda

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

Thanks for the HAL fleet report and all the daily information.

I slept for almost 9 hours last night!  👏 Could have slept longer but the alarm to take my eye meds went off at 6am. Usually I get up around 4am so I probably needed to catch up. 😉

I’m not comfortable driving yet. My brother almost freaked out when I said I’d wear a pirate patch to drive. You lose your depth perception looking out of just one eye. So I asked my boss if I could telework today (I usually go in tithe office on Mondays and Tuesdays). 

Since I worked a full day and have a nail appt this afternoon (postponed from last week), I haven’t had time to read the Fleet Report/Daily. I’ll be back to read all the posts later. 

Thank you all for caring and sharing.  Prayers 🙏 for everyone who needs them.  Cheers 🎉 for all the celebrations.  

• Like 19

We made it safely to daughters. Got our power of attorney’s done for caring to grandchildren. Did an orientation run on process for picking up children and got to enjoy a family dinner together at home. The 3:30AM driving daughter and husband to Jacksonville Airport is being done by Sue so she’s already to bed and I’m soon joining her. 
@kazu Jacqui. That new loving furry is just what you need after all you have endured the past years. Unconditional love from our furry friends is priceless.

Jet lag is fading but I still wanted to stay up a little later as between West, Central this morning and now Eastern this old body is saying what the hell is going on.

See you tomorrow morning after Pop Pop chores. 
Goodnight! Bruce

• Like 10

Pussy Willows, Cat tails, soft wind and roses

Rainbows in the wheat fields, water to my knees

Shivering, quivering, the warm breath of spring

And pussy willows, cat tails soft wind and roses

Soft lips and fingertips

Resting in my soul

Lyrics to the first Gordon Lightfoot song I ever learned more than 50 years ago, so cant remember all the lyrics.

Thanks for all the well wishes, very busy day, I have one more chore to do tonight, and then get up at 4 tomorrow morning.  arghhh!  I will miss all of you!

il_fullxfull.1438671764_tlsk.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I got a call from my TA a little while ago.  Based on the feedback here she confirmed that I now have Club Orange for my November Rotterdam cruise.'

Roy

You deserve it!  👍

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1