The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday July 1st, 2023

richwmn

Canada Day

Today is International Chicken Wing Day, International Joke Day, and Devotion to Duty Day

You can get everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want. ~ Zig Ziglar

Meal Suggestion for today - Greek Salad on the side. So delicious.
Drink of the Day - Spicy Cucumber Margarita
Wine of the Day - Bodegas Muga Rioja Prado Enea Gran Reserva 2015
Destination of the Day - Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada

Today in History:
1867 The Dominion of Canada is formed, comprising the provinces of New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Ontario & Quebec, with John A. Macdonald serving as the first Prime Minister

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Seattle, Washington

Koningsdam

Vancouver, BC Canada

Nieuw Amsterdam

at Sea Destination Vancouver, BC, Canada

Nieuw Statendam

at Sea Destination Copenhagen, Denmark eta 7/2

Noordam

Glacier Bay

Oosterdam

Istanbul, Turkey

Rotterdam

Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Volendam

Tracy Arm Fjord/Juneau, Alaska

Westerdam

Victoria BC, Vancouver Island, BC Canada 18:00 - 23:59

Zaandam

Montreal, Canada 07:00 - 17:00

Zuiderdam

at sea Destination Rotterdam, The Netherlands eta 7/2

0701World.thumb.png.bf6fef6383f07b1d0764dda5c7a74ccf.png

• Like 22
  • Thanks 17

Today’s Care list:

The passing of Luvteaching’s DH Phil on 6/27

The passing of 57redbird’s cousin Chris with glioblastoma 6/30

Smitty34877’s DH recovering from surgery

Cruising sister’s newborn great niece Murphy with transposition of the great vessels, undergoing surgery 7/6

Vict0riann’s Pat with urinary and kidney infections

Marshhawk’s DH Chuck (catmando) with a cancer recurrence

Seasick Sailor’s DH with medical issues

Summer slope with a health issue

Loss of crew and passengers in the Titan submersible 

Canadian wildfires, unhealthy air quality for many 

Tornado victims and those with dangerous heat conditions

Shooting victims again

Citizens of Ukraine

From the rotation:

Tana’s pulmonary issues 

StLouisCruiser’s DB with pulmonary fibrosis and a fall

StLouisCruiser’s friend’s DB Mark with bile duct cancer

JazzyV’s friend Ruth entering hospice care

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Happy Canada Day!
Marshhawk’s back felling better

Srdancer doing much better

Kochleffel’s new fur babies

Dfish enjoying having River with her for a week

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Many Dailyites cruising or with upcoming cruises

Cruising/At Sea:

4 days for Loveandpeas (Volendam July 5 to July 12), celebrating 16th honeymoon anniversary

Oceansaway17 (Liberty of the Seas to July 8), Cruzin Terri (Oceania Marina to July 23)

• Like 23
  • Thanks 16

White rabbit 🐰 white Rabbit 🐰 for luck on the first of the month of July.

Thank you for today's daily fleet reports and Daily.

Thanks in advance to our food and beverage ladies and our care list provider.

It is 60°F,windy and cloudy here at 11.56am.

Good wishes to Canada.

Joke day is most days with the funny memes on here.

Interesting quote.

Today's meal sounds okay as long as there is some meat added.

I hope everyone is safe and well and have a lovely weekend.

• Like 27

Rabbit  Rabbit  White Rabbit

Happy Canada Day!

Thanks for the Report.

It's already 19C and should get to 29C (84F) this afternoon.  Bertie and I have been for our first walk of the day, nice and quiet so far.  

Prayers for many.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

• Like 28

Good morning! I slept to five so slowly adjusting back to Central Time. Happy Canada Day. We got caught up on many things yesterday but still have a pretty good list going for today. Started a diet yesterday which includes no alcohol so I don’t believe there will be much holiday celebrations going on here.

Like much of the South we are sweltering. Already 78 and expected highs are 95. Even worse further West.

Thanks Rich for getting the Daily started and to all who contribute to this enjoyable post.

Have a great weekend and holiday.

Bruce

image.jpeg.0eca40e6d8eb052cf2d75553484831b5.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.fd8ccf128b7151bca18dc5f7a82dfcbc.jpegimage.jpeg.0c0f1d4563218fc29a1299e1f6c0b0c1.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.8d15f7ab6c559b8e246095812385996b.jpegimage.jpeg.4b7089bd6b46a84d0decc954449c805a.jpegimage.jpeg.a76eb035bb1b94e9841f30ca3e11d355.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Haha 21

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for today’s daily fleet report.  This morning is very foggy. Today’s meal suggestion is a good one and depending on where we go for dinner we will have it today.  I hope everyone has a good day today.

We’ve been to today’s port several times.  Last year we did the walk on the ocean floor and it was so good we are doing it again later this month.  
image.thumb.png.61cd565804991ee029724b76098ed24e.png

• Like 31
  • Thanks 2

Rabbit, Rabbit, White Rabbit!! 🐇  Good morning friends!  It's a foggy (hazy?) morning, 70F with a scorching 95 as our high temp later on.  A chance of a shower or thunderstorm is possible.  I heard it raining overnight.  Thanks to Rich @richwmn for our Daily and Fleet Report this morning.

Happy Canada Day!  I celebrated this day in 2016 while onboard the Prinsendam and having 4 Canadians as our dinner tablemates.  I lost a dear friend from that table a year or so ago to ALS.  The photo memories from 6 years ago popped up yesterday and there she was with her DH. 😢 

So today is Chicken Wing Day, Joke Day and Devotion to Duty day.  You go ahead with the chicken wings, but I usually skip them since I can't handle the heat.  Love to hear a joke or see a meme. 🤣 Devotion to duty seems commendable in almost any instance.  An interesting quote and I hope it's true.  A Greek salad on the side (so delicious!  lol) sounds great to me.  I don't think I'd like the spicy cucumber margarita though.  I don't know what the wine is and will appreciate Ann's @cat shepard's input on it.  Thanks also go to Debbie @dfish and Dixie @summer slope for their informative reports.

Congrats to Canada on their 1867 founding!

Prayers for our Care list folks.  Seems like a very long list and I hope some of you can come off soon.🙏  Extra prayers for DB, friend's DB Mark, Karen @luvteaching and her family, Lou and Terry @smitty34877 and Tana, Allen, Chuck and Pat.  Condolences to @57redbird on their loss yesterday.  Hoping and praying for Baby Murphy.

As for the Celebration list, a shoutout to everyone on a cruise and those with nice happenings in their lives recently.🥂  Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for compiling our lists for us.  Take care in all the smoke smog!

The port today is Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.  We had it posted here on Aug. 19, 2021 so quite a while ago.  And how appropriate on Canada Day!  I'll post the link below. 

We went there on our first Halifax stop on a 2011 TA on Emerald Princess.  Second time was a 2015 TA on Caribbean Princess, and third was a 2018 New England/Atlantic Coast cruise on the Rotterdam.  The third visit on Rotterdam it was freezing cold that day and we actually had snow flurries that day.  DH and I both had a slight cold so we walked across the street to a pharmacy to pick up some cold meds.

From our 2011 Peggy's Cove stop.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIpSn8TKhiMMlYQI9V_GXbe?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616116020

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKbCkH9edWkGj4supVjoPSX?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616116019

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLCtrDYZ-bH9iYorAVvvWSo?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616116018

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKNR3xTHm3LpkDL3_bSzeca?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616116010

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIdfe1e2Gkv6hLrpMXf5WT1?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616116009

And this young lady bagpiper trying to make it through college!

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ0f5FSAh4b_Z5SL4TN6CVC5cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616115988

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJjvueNFLCNQ1glyaLpg3fN?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616115985

Hoping all of you enjoy this first day of July!

• Like 30
  • Thanks 6

Last time I posted on Halifax we had a lot of early photos posted of that port and Peggy's Cove.  So I didn't post a photo of the lighthouse there.  But since I'm early today I'll post one of the many photos I took of the lighthouse.  Everybody likes a lighthouse!

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKuYQ1NSXa0fSN-X3RnSNyI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616115975

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 3

Congratulations to our Canadian Dailyites.  Thank You Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann, and Dixie.  I'll celebrate all 3 of the days today (take the wings mild) and love the Ziglar quote.  I've been to Halifax many times and have a relative there (I think of him as a cousin although the cousin is actually his mother and he's older than me).  You don't really need a tour there, the immigration museum in the same building as the terminal is a destination in itself.  I'll pass on the salad.  My alternative is Dive-In fries.

Roy

• Like 35

🇨🇦 Happy Canada Day to my neighbors to the North!

Rich, thank you for today’s R & D! A lovely morning before it gets super hot - though slightly cooler than yesterday. 

Vanessa, thank you for keeping up with all of us!  @smitty34877 Terry, praying that Lou continues to improve every day and that you find help for Tana this weekend. 

zumba, Bindi walks and cleaning & meal prep for the dinner with my friends this evening. I told them to come early and enjoy the pool. 

IMG_1445.jpeg.dddfed9686222472f10eb98d73e978d2.jpeg

IMG_1432.jpeg.037dce725a678dc40983ffd57b822a0b.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. @luvteaching, Karen may you find peace and comfort each day.

Cheers to all who are celebrating! Get well & stay well everyone!

Bodegas Muga Rioja Prado Enea Gran Reserva 2015

This Rioja sounds lovely. After a taste, I might be convinced to step outside my self-imposed budget. Numerous online distributors with prices starting at $59.99.

Winemaker Notes

#53 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2022

This Gran Reserva Prado Enea displays an attractive, deep, dense cherry-red color. A stylish nose of black fruits mingling with spices, gingerbread and licorice. The soft, supple entry on the palate leads to a sensation of gentle power and air-light volume underpinned by cashmere silky tannins, harmoniously balanced by fresh acidity. Creamy, vanilla notes come through in the finish with ripe fruit. This wine is tempting to drink now, but it will age well for years.

JS97 James Suckling
Reserved and polished, this is a Prado Enea with great class and focus. It’s so aromatic,with plum, peach, cherry and cedar character. Salted olives, too. Medium-to full-bodied with very fine tannins and a long, fresh finish. Elegance with power here. Give it three or four years to open, but already impressive.
RP97 Robert Parker's Wine Advocate
The most classical of their wines, the 2015 Prado Enea Gran Reserva is a blend of Tempranillo, Garnacha, Mazuelo and Graciano, mostly from Rioja Alta (Sajazarra, Cellorigo and Fonzaleche), but the Garnacha is from different plots in the zone of Tudelilla at high altitude. These grapes are always picked last, but the wine has a similar alcohol level as the rest, around 14.5% in a warm year like 2019. The modus operandi is similar to other of the top cuvées—harvested into 200-kilogram boxes, destemming, optical sorting and fermentation in small oak casks with indigenous yeasts. The élevage in this case is extended to 36 months, and the barrels are only 10% new. This is, year in, year out, my favorite wine from Muga, and in this powerful and ripe year, these late-harvesting vines ripened thoroughly and delivered a full array of aromas and flavors so that the wine has plenty of depth and complexity. It has a very classical profile, with incipient tertiary notes, perfumed, floral and rich, textured and beautifully balanced. They compare this 2015 with 2009 and 2005 in terms of style but with freshness in the style of 2001 and 2010. It's enjoyable but should also develop for a long time in bottle. One of the finest Prado Enea vintages.
JD96 Jeb Dunnuck
The 2015 Prado Enea Gran Reserva comes from a hotter, riper vintage, but it shares similar gamey, exotic aromatics of red and black fruits, sappy herbs, flowers, leather, iron, and background cedary oak. Rich, medium to full-bodied, incredibly pure, and balanced, it has ripe, still present tannins, impeccable balance, and a great finish. This is a classic expression of this cuvée that can be enjoyed any time over the coming two decades or more.
WS94 Wine Spectator
Well-tailored in an understated way, this harmonious red is plushly creamy on the palate, like fine cashmere, showing seamless integration of the sculpted tannins with finely detailed flavors of black cherry and black plum reduction, sandalwood, cedar, green olive, espresso crema and minerally smoke and iron. Long and lightly juicy on the refined finish. Tempranillo, Graciano, Mazuelo and Garnacha.
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 11
  • Haha 3

Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit 🤞 

Thanks for our Saturday Daily, Rich.

And to all of our Canadians out there - Happy Canada Day!

IMG_3884.gif.0c452396dbf589addae9824bcf6cc214.gif

Nice collection of days.  I’m sure lots will celebrate chicken wings and jokes always lift the spirits.  Those who are devoted to duty are to be admired.  There’s a lot of truth in today’s quote.

Great meal recommendation - yum on Greek salad.  Somehow the ones in the Med taste better than here.  I think it’s the freshness of the veggies & the superior olives and olive oil?  Nice that we have a Canadian port on Canada Day.  Halifax is a great city, beautiful boardwalk and lots of history.  Always enjoyed my time there but never been there on a BHB.

Our weather report is the same it’s been for the week:

IMG_3875.thumb.jpeg.0b17e8c2327dac3bc5648a6d520f1c59.jpeg

My buckets have a foot and 1/2 of water in them and they were emptied on Wednesday.  When it started to pour yesterday at walk time, even Ivan growled at it. LOL.  Why can’t the wildfire areas get all this rain????

IMG_3883.thumb.jpeg.95e47b90196e179408a5f4047983ccf7.jpeg

Special prayers for @luvteaching @57redbird @smitty34877   & Baby Murphy along with my prayers for everyone on the Care list & those that need them.

IMG_3885.gif.14c4a81b3252c0b832fdc9b0d9ef7dbd.gif

Have a great Saturday everyone & a Great Canada Day!

• Like 36
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Rabbit Rabbit White Rabbit.

Happy Canada Day to our Canadian friends!  

I love the memes and jokes on our daily thread.   Love Greek salad!  Not really a wing person. I am looking forward to visiting Halifax for 2 days in September, prior to a short expedition cruise, “Halifax to Boston, History, Seafood and Nature Reserves.  First time to Halifax, and first cruise on an expedition vessel (Roald Amundsen, Hurtigruten). I’m looking forward to a new adventure!

Prayers to all in need.  Cheers to those celebrating.

Have a wonderful weekend.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Rabbit, rabbit, White Rabbit.  Welcome July!!

Spicy Cucumber Margarita cocktail:

Ingredients
▢ 4-6 cucumber slices
▢ 4 fresh mint leaves (optional)
▢ 2 ounces silver tequila
▢ 1/2 ounce orange liquor (or 2 teaspoons orange zest, see note)
▢ juice from 1/2 lime juice
▢ 1-2 jalapeño slices
▢ 2 teaspoons honey or sugar, using more or less to your taste
▢ ginger beer, for topping (optional)
Chili Salt: ▢ 1/4 cup pink sea salt or flaky sea salt
▢ 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
▢ 1 pinch granulated sugar
▢ fresh thyme leaves (optional)
Instructions
1. To make the chili salt. Combine the salt, chili powder, and sugar on a shallow plate. Rim your glasses in salt, then fill with ice. 2. In a cocktail shaker or glass jar, add cucumbers, mint (if using), tequila, orange liquor, lime juice, and honey or sugar. Muddle together, squashing everything to release the juices. Add the jalapeño slices. Fill with ice and shake until combined, about 1 minute, the longer you shake, the spicier it will be. 3. Strain into your prepared glass. Top with ginger beer, if desired. Garnish as desired with cucumbers and thyme, if desired. Enjoy!

Screenshot 2023-07-01 at 7.41.35 AM.png

Edited by summer slope
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 14

Thanks for the Fleet Update and General Info for all the contributors.

National Joke Day. No, I will not tell a redneck joke today.

What is the difference between a hippo and a zippo? A hippo is heavy and a zippo is a little lighter. Maybe I should tell a redneck joke! 😀

• Like 8
  • Haha 20

🐰 RABBIT  🐰  RABBIT  🐇 WHITE RABBIT!

images.jpg.9ffa04cead86d3ca36c05ab3d6bf16da.jpg

To all the Canadian Dailyites, I  hope  you have an enjoyable Canada Day.

An early good morning from a partly cloudy central Texas.  It is 75F at 6:55 am with a predicted high of 96F.  The heat index may still be in the triple digits this afternoon, so I'm heading out early to trim and mow the grass.  The areas that are watered are growing very fast, but the part in the back that is not watered and is a utility right-of-way has turned brown with our lack of rain.  So there's a little less grass to mow.  😁

Chicken wings are good, and I really like the barbecue wings.  I am not a good joke teller, but I enjoy a good joke.  Those devoted to to duty should be honored everyday.

Zig Ziglar's quote is pretty much true.

I like salads, but someone else can have my Greek salad, which is my least favorite salad.  We'll pass on the drink.  The wine sounds interesting, but the price is a bit high.

We have been to Halifax at least eight times if IRCC.  I'll look for my pictures in a few minutes.

July 1, 1867, was a momentous day for Canada.

@kazu Jacqui, I hope your rain stops for a while, and moves to the areas where the fires are.

@ocean sounds  Your cruise sounds interesting.  We saw the ship when we were in Ny Alesund in 2016, and it looked nice.

344855020_6505885662778301_8370716704600127176_n.thumb.jpg.d6220c646bcca76295e0cef5a94d1a81.jpg

347232772_778219707216757_7881649538675184287_n.jpg.63851b00e3e7b97e3f32171de91e33a2.jpg

348984527_993063078384848_4499951509130740460_n.jpg.592042cb52a0941a031b1dba2c71e5ec.jpg

349699616_589411599961326_730728461947491191_n.jpg.c2bf330bee94c8860f4b079f32b8a622.jpg

347250279_725935802874856_596236649582289076_n.thumb.jpg.a57765975413c15af147701aedd7811b.jpg

348477289_1817459875336257_6596783070063907528_n.jpg.6ae538afbe8ee73c766a50d3408523f6.jpg

A true story -- DH used to use his laser pointer to amuse our cats with the red dot.  A couple of years after starting this, he discovered that someone had gotten a patent on using a laser light to entertain cats.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 23
  • Haha 14

These are a few of my pictures from our b2b on the old Regal Princess NYC to Montreal and back cruise.  We had two stops in Halifax, but I only have pictures from the first stop.  The second time it was raining hard and very windy, so it turned into a "sea" day.

We rented a car on the first day.  I have the obligatory pictures of the lighthouse at Peggy's Cove, but there are a lot of people in them.  Instead, this is a fishing village near Peggy's Cove.

IMG_3762.thumb.JPG.801f1faefebf1ce7e0f9b297712329d7.JPG

A few miles past Peggy's Cove is the memorial to Swissair flight 111 which crashed into the ocean on September 2, 1998, killing all on board.

IMG_3772.thumb.JPG.d1e489661e081c7f18c41327afbc948d.JPG

Our final stop that day was the Citadel.

IMG_3777.thumb.JPG.aaf8ec373f37e0fe8c9235370fea2c77.JPG

IMG_3776.thumb.JPG.06679b55d59f4d0f3a8a5be4cdcd9fba.JPG

IMG_3775.thumb.JPG.e919813584a211c5417323134b20e7a2.JPG

IMG_3787.thumb.JPG.e0c3508c314680dabbad47e326cbe1a7.JPG

Halifax from the Citadel.

IMG_3783.thumb.JPG.40c72bde3f7eca0b63f8be82a304bd3d.JPG

IMG_3786.thumb.JPG.2816d79719b455f053f62fcf6c2b7441.JPG

Lenda

• Like 32
  • Thanks 6

White rabbit white rabbit. 
🍁 Happy Canada Day 🇨🇦

Thanks @grapau27 for your input on P&O and no classical music. Too bad. 

Condolences to @57redbird on your cousin’s passed. I’m the youngest of my generation of what used to be a big bunch of cousins and lave lost 3 between Oct and April, likely many more to come… each one is a part of my life. Hugs to you!  

@marshhawk Annie I’m glad you’re getting some relief. Give it time, a holiday break should help!  

@Denise T I feel for you with the constant irritation of unreasonable neighbors. Lifting up hope for a path toward relief. 

@luvteaching Thanks for posting an update. I’d love to read the obituary you wrote but I understand fully if a link to it is not something you want to post here. Just know that we honor you and Phil just as we know you!  Holding you in my heart. 

I only slept a couple of hours, brain too full with the granddaughter and DH here helping. We got some stuff accomplished yesterday!  Today more to do then they’re heading out Sunday morning. I’ll sleep then I guess. Not too concerned.  It’s great having them here. We spent some time together last night looking at our long term plans to move closer to them, and end of life plans, going over trusts and finances.  It’s a lot.   I’m content here but being in a more supportive community setting long term, and being only a hour or so from them will feel very good!  But one day at a time… and now it’s time to get coffee and breakfast going.  (I sent out all the usual and special blessings hours ago!  😉.)  M—

• Like 32
  • Thanks 3

A thought popped into my head this morning.  I was in Halifax a fourth time in 2022 at the beginning of our Island Princess (Covid) cruise.  The outbreak of Covid actually reached seriously high numbers about 5-6 days after our stop there in Halifax.  🤔

Then I remembered the delicious Greek Salad I had for dinner once I was sprung from Covid jail.  DH mentioned ordering one off the room service menu in his quarantine cabin.  So when I went to dinner in the main dining room, it was one of those days when nothing on the menu appealed to me.  The dining room manager, Hamit, agreed to have a Greek Salad made for me when I mentioned my feelings for the menu.  It was a beautiful salad, and so delicious!  Props to Hamit for being such a great manager.  He brought me hot water with honey, lemon and fresh mint when my voice disappeared before Covid.  He got great mentions on my post cruise survey.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJu9KgyIJM2Pr8ZGQ3Sp9i3aAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1656961679

Lenda, I edited to add you can have my chicken wings if I can have your Greek Salad.  Sounds like a good deal!

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 32

Good morning.   Happy Canada Day to our friends up north.  🇨🇦

An interesting group of days.  I love wings, naked so I can control the heat and ranch dressing on the side. Jokes are great and a helpful quote by Zig Ziglar.   Salad is a winner, put the cuke in the drink in the Greek salad and the vino sounds great. Thanks for the photos of Halifax and Peggy's Cove.  Never have visited.  We were booked for 2020 on the Zaandam which was cancelled. 

Thanks for the Cares and Celebrations reports.  Prayers for everyone needing them and the people of Ukraine.  

It is a beautiful day here again.  I think more fishing is in order today.  Tomorrow will be windy so that equals no fishing.  I caught 2 keeper walleye, the only fish I caught.  We had fish fry last night.  I added club soda instead of water in Drake's Crispy fry and the batter was much lighter.  Will do that again.   Have a wonderful day!   Nancy 

IMG_0646.jpg

IMG_20230630_160717035_HDR.jpg

• Like 31

These pictures are of our visit in 2009 on Tahitian Princess, 2013 four stops on b2b2b2bs on Veendam, and our final visit in 2019 on Veendam's TA.  

Just a few pictures from  2009

IMG_6037.thumb.JPG.3c1e1f66837c1c4ddc54e6280feec1ad.JPG

IMG_6038.thumb.JPG.71f0e1186c07ac1c8cb0a4e2cf55c690.JPG

IMG_6042.thumb.JPG.51f49de314b24aba6f59f061ef5473be.JPG

In 2013, we drove north from Halifax to close to the end of the Bay of Fundy, since we wanted to see the bore tide, which was not very tall, but your could hear it long before you could see it.

DSC00510.thumb.JPG.26e4ee71e80d25768528b84273c45f37.JPG

DSC00512.thumb.JPG.b12404c87c2132bae00fa137cf5c46d6.JPG

DSC00513.thumb.JPG.d30fc7d36daf71bb38a4493fb09bac62.JPG

Most of my pictures from 2013 are duplicates of ones I've posted or that others have posted.  These were taken as we sailed to the next port.  The second one is Ft. McNab on McNab's Island.

DSC00528.thumb.JPG.f4246fc0704721ca10927379392f85c2.JPG

DSC00532.thumb.JPG.11d92d6939aef667a0f7e01fe9ee2234.JPG

In 2019, we walked along the board walk on a breezy, sunny day.  It was a pleasant walk, seeing the sights and the many statues.

DSC08451.thumb.JPG.4c38d777c0f7d9b80230e883148698de.JPG

DSC08453.thumb.JPG.e8b0df408b2994fa3708ff609c01bb0f.JPG

DSC08454.thumb.JPG.1712935904cc6551777b2ce7a4ff9d64.JPG

DSC08460.thumb.JPG.c0e98aeb7389162312f9c3a3d0b50eb7.JPG

DSC08462.thumb.JPG.dc1d57ddf4d3f038dc625c964c80439c.JPG

DSC08464.thumb.JPG.3b8cd2e0fafddf913c05d0c7cf321e10.JPG

This statue was to honor all the men who serve or had served in the Canadian Navy

DSC08461.thumb.JPG.4329b8bfc7672676e4b01b7b730d2009.JPG

Lenda

• Like 31
  • Thanks 6

Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit!

Good morning, everyone!

Our air quality is greatly improved this morning, however pollen is wreaking havoc with my allergies.  I guess I need to up my meds a bit today.  River is going home today and we will miss her.  No excuses for going to spray parks and story hour.  

I'll take the chicken wings.  They don't have to be hot or spicy.  Here's a picture of mine.

IMG_2101.thumb.jpg.d32354a7171a299eb4ddc5ed31bdf856.jpg

Happy Canada Day to our friends and Daily family members from Canada.   

Canada-Day-Images.webp.350b61720c645602f6a20bcf2566cbb7.webp

We've been to Halifax several times and we'll be doing the Ocean Floor excursion with @Crazy For Cats this summer.  It is a great one!   The shopping in the Halifax cruise terminal used to be fantastic.  I hope it is back to normal this trip.  

Today's meal is one of my favorites.  I often have this during the summer as it is so cool and refreshing.  The biggest difference I found in recipes is in the dressing.  I just use some lemon juice.  The salad is one that can easily be adapted to individual tastes.  Don't like olives, leave them out.  But, do enjoy the crunch of the cucumber and the delight of the fresh tomatoes.  

https://www.loveandlemons.com/greek-salad/

greeksalad1.thumb.jpg.cffeeea20c9cdd8f42ca45a3d0bec719.jpg

That picture makes me think I need to get to the grocery store.  This next one is from Ina Garten and the Food Network.   https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/greek-salad-recipe-1948517

greeksalad2.thumb.jpeg.81af674a34b3f0552ce09a4dfd524490.jpeg

It is hard for me to choose between this and gazpacho as my favorite summertime meal.  Both are so refreshing.  One last entry from Delish  https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a54226/best-greek-salad-recipe/

Greeksalad3.thumb.jpg.b014acf94fa0ea0d57e14460a67f6ff7.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 11

White Rabbit White Rabbit,

Good morning all,

We had a storm blow through last night bringing the heat down a good 15 degrees. We are hoping to get out and pick berries this morning. DGK’s are still sleeping. 

I love chicken wings. They become the vehicle for me to consume ranch dressing so I tend to avoid them. 

I have not been to today port but want to wish our Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day. 

Prayers for all in need. Have a great day. 

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1