The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday July 4th, 2023

richwmn

45 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Today's sunrise is from 1 year ago on Queen Mary 2.  I think the ship visits Boston on July 4 every year.

dawn704a.JPG.6961cf8e9e15b6a6bd43db57d6d3abbe.JPG

Roy

Absolutely - except the first year.  My sister and I did the QM2 4th of July cruise every year from 2004 to 2016.  The first year we were to sail into NY Harbor to see the fireworks and leave the harbor shortly after.  But Homeland Security had other ideas.  If QM2 had gone into the harbor we would have had to stay there until the next day.  Instead we went to Newport.  No one could get off because we were just anchored.  No entertainment except for the group of men on a yacht who decided to moon us!  The fireworks at night were spectacular because Cunard had paid many dollars to Newport to upgrade their show.  Champagne was served and a good time was had by all.  Katherine 

• Like 24

Happy 4th of July to all who celebrate it! 🇺🇸🎉

Have a fun day, relax and enjoy to honor the freedoms we have been given.

Prayers for everyone as we could probably all use some.

Thanks to all contibutors to the thread today. 

Off to get ready for the festivities. 😎

Take care,

Caron

• Like 23

No sidewalks in my neighborhood, so I guess we can't have fried eggs.

In place of the suggested meal I will probably have a stir-fry of tofu and Brussels sprouts. The original idea was to roast the Brussels sprouts, but I don't want to use a hot oven. Not enthusiastic about the drink. The wine is not remotely in my budget so I'll suggest Atwater Vineyards Cabernet Franc 2021. I lived in Los Angeles for several years but have never experienced it as a port.

I still haven't seen DaVinci and Mona Lisa. They are venturing farther out for food, but go right back to hiding.

This morning I booked the return flight from Fort Lauderdale after the Spanish Farewell. I still need to book the flights for the Arches-Canyonlands trip next year, but I noticed that I will need to adjust either my travel dates or my room booking, because I didn't allow for an overnight in Salt Lake City since the outbound flight arrives too late to drive to Moab. I also need to remember that Moab, Utah, is not populated by Moabites from the Bible, as far as I know. And I've marked my calendar to pay the fare balance for the Spanish Farewell.

ringcycle.thumb.jpg.a4c14053e71de764c842152c49105225.jpg

• Like 22
  • Haha 5

Hello everyone and Happy July 4th for all who celebrate.

@cruising sisterso very sorry for your loss. 

Today is relax and barbeque and eat. 

Thinking of all on the care list and celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

• Like 20

Happy Independence Day to all our American Dailyites!  And thank you to all who post.  I'll be thinking of all those who have problems and ailments.  All those joys of getting older!

We have visited LA on driving trips, and Long Beach on cruises.  We learned why it is called Long Beach;  we needed a drug store one time on a Sunday and decided to just walk until we came to one - well, we never did, and finally turned around and walked back to the ship.  In LA last time (years ago), we were staying in Malibu and took the public busses, just 25 cents for seniors, and we didn't even have to show an ID....

• Like 23

Good morning. Our dry weather continues with a high expected today into the low 90's. Still cool at night thankfully. We are still under fire watch. No fireworks heard yet. A friend of mine who lives in a neighborhood with lots of kids tells me that all of homes on their block have hoses attached and are ready to give a blast of water onto anyone who sets fireworks off. I think most people are pretty nervous.

@smitty34877Glad to hear that Lou is feeling perkier. Hope he can get home soon. And I hope the all the fur kids feel better and that the kitties come out of hiding. I think I would be trying to lure them out with no direct contact.... like sitting in the area for a short while and dropping bits of tasty food. Get them use to my scent. And I love the pictures of the Queen Mary. I made several crossings on her to England and back after the war. My Father sailed on her as a troop ship and he would never go on her after that ... Mom and I loved her.

Going to be a quiet day here- at least I hope it is. Take care all.

Susan

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Good morning (when I started this). Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

Happy 4th of July!

4thofJuly.jpg.0b212f0677a6571326ae0781dde0cab3.jpg

I like bbq's but won't be attending one today. Country music is ok; not my favorite. I never tried frying an egg on a sidewalk. Not sure what to make of the quote. I like the meal, pass on the drink, and yes to the wine if bought for me. My 2012 Princess Hawaii cruise left from the Port of LA, but I didn't see any of the city.

It started off very foggy here today, and cloudy, but it's slowly clearing. We've had a lot of rain the last few days. I emptied 2-3/4" of rain out of my gauge this morning, from the last couple of days, and mushrooms are popping up in the lawn. Hopefully no rain for the downtown fireworks. I have on occasion gone down there to watch, but it's too crowded and hard to get home, and in recent years there's been some violence, so I watch on TV (although not the same). No plans today. I was shocked to see it was 8AM when I woke up today. I'd gone to bed a little earlier and slept 8-1/2 hours.

@summer slope I hope Bailey is feeling better.

@StLouisCruisers Hugs on this sad anniversary of your DF's passing. DD's tree is lovely. Nice photo of you and DH.

@cruising sister My condolences to you and your family on the passing of your Aunt. It sounds like a lot of decisions and work coming up due to the living status of the 2 sisters.

@smitty34877 Good news that DH is feeling better and may come home soon.

@kazu I'm sorry to hear Ivan is needing both meds and now not taking them easily. I take Gabapentin and had to decrease it a little in the past as it made me stagger (I take 4 a day now).

@Lady Hudson Prayers that the therapy will result in stronger legs for DH.

@Cruzin Terri I'm glad you got to see a bit of Haugesund and thanks for the photos. I hope Jim is feeling better soon.

@0106 Thanks for the explanation of the quote; it makes it more understandable now.

@dobiemom I hope your GF is feeling better soon, so you two can enjoy your trip to Vegas.

@rafinmd Thanks for the photos of the Iowa and Long Beach . Nice photo of you with your visitors. My first HAL cruise was on the Statendam (NZ to Australia).

@ger_77 Frost??? Wow.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Nice photos from LA.

@kochleffel I hope you see DaVinci and Mona Lisa soon; although it's probably good they hide tonight if there are fireworks near you.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers to those with something to Celebrate.

From our stateroom, leaving the Port of LA. The SS Lane Victory is an American Victory-class cargo ship used in World War II, the Korean War and Vietnam War. The ship was preserved in 1989 to serve as a museum ship in the San Pedro area of Los Angeles, and is a National Historic Landmark.

001-PortofLosAngelesfromStateroomBalcony.thumb.jpg.7ad6c3e6f499c0b4e786b06bb9a7f5f5.jpg

For Roy, passing Crystal Serenity as we leave port (2012)

007-PassingCrystalSerenityAsWeLeavePort.thumb.jpg.4827ef01f72923af952844aed8ed8d81.jpg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning.It is hot and humid with showers predicted  on and off.

DD and I found an improved DH after another transfusion yesterday.There is a possibility he may come home .I was up earlier than usual and made a few things that I know he can eat.We will make our way to the hospital now.

@cruising sister Sending prayers and condolences for your aunt to you and your family.

@summer slopeSo sorry to hear about Bailey

Thanks to all for your encouragement  and prayers.

Sending my good wishes that Lou is a lot better today Terry and is well enough to be allowed home.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 13

Good morning and happy Fourth of July to our American friends.  

@cruising sister offering my condolences on the death of your aunt,  hoping you can help settle your other aunt as easily as possible. 

@smitty34877 glad Lou has perked up a bit,  blood loss is quite devastating and hope he will feel better very soon!  

@kazu hoping Ivan turns the corner soon! Poor boy and poor mom! 

@0106thanks for your explanation of the quote.  Background always helps understanding 

@RMLincolnas always I appreciate your insightful words!  Thank you!

The canola fields are already deep in bloom, it seems very early.

DSC_0347.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 2

We sailed out of Long Beach on our 2009 Panama Canal cruise on the Zuiderdam. We flew out a couple of days ahead so we could do some local sightseeing. Our hotel (Hotel Maya) was very close to the pier, and we could see the Queen Mary from the grounds. 

003.thumb.jpg.387426acf5c7bb372edbfcb793c21e32.jpg

breakfast on our balcony!

008.thumb.jpg.7e545d666bf8dd0e09ed63de1042e426.jpg

We decided to tour the Lane Victory, since I worked for the Maritime Administration at the US Merchant Marine Academy. We had a wonderful tour, and saw lots on the ship.

011.thumb.jpg.a3d91c684a2fe0a2b814fcb0cccc8046.jpg

013.thumb.jpg.6abb428953fa37ee4c42af9e5eef502b.jpg

DH Bill got to sit in the captain's chair!

020.thumb.jpg.fe84b4a48c348b4e1877dd37d0a5fc9a.jpg

We also walked around the port area, and enjoyed a beer at a bar that had over 100 taps!

026.thumb.jpg.edc36f4d3f26fe29b0e6b6e70a149e00.jpg

028.thumb.jpg.c7d66997a70f86ae5dd2cc5e3f73288a.jpg

Prayers for all our Daily friends with troubles of many kinds. Cheers to those celebrating and cruising!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

After yesterday's discussion I thought I'd try something different on the fleet report.  I think most of us have had some great times on S-class ships, so here's my S-class fleet report:

Statendam-In service as Vasco da Gamma for German Nicko cruises.  At sea from Akureyri Iceland to Bergen Norway

Maasdam-  Sailing as MS Renaissance for French  Compagnie Française de Croisières.  Supposed to have been in service June 29 but the timing doesn’t match that.  She is cruising and in Lerwick Scotland today.

Ryndam- Being prepared for service as Celestyal Journey bu Celestyal cruises.  Currently in Elefsis, Greece.  First cruise scheduled for September 2,

Veendam- Berthed in Aigio, Greece since about 10/18/20 since being acquired by Seajets.  Due to enter service as a residential ship, Victoria Majestic with inaugural sailing from Fort Lauderdale December 1.

Roy

The 4 former HAL "S"-class ships:

1. Vasco da Gama (ex-Statendam)

2. Renaissance (Ex-Maasdam)

3. Celestyal Journey (ex-Ryndam)

4. Aegean Majesty (ex-Veendam) 

Plus 2 former "R"-class ships

1. Borealis (ex-Rotterdam)

2. Bolette (ex-Amsterdam) 

Nicko cruises Flussreisen GmbH (Germany) - Vasco da Gama.jpg

Compagnie Française de Croisières (France) - Renaissance.jpg

Celestyal Cruises (Cyprus - subsidiary of Louis plc) - Celestyal Journey.jpg

Seajets (Cyprus) - Aegean Majesty (In cold lay-up at Aigio, Greece since being acquired) #2.jpg

Fred Olsen Cruise Lines (UK-Norway) - Borealis.jpg

Fred Olsen Cruise Lines (UK-Norway) - Bolette.jpg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, cruising sister said:

My aunt passed away last night. My uncle got to Omaha a few hours before she died. Now the hard decisions begin. Where the other aunt will live and what and how to go through there stuff? Thanks for all the prayers. She passed peacefully per report. 

My condolences and prayers for her and her family and friends. 🙏

4 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

DD and I found an improved DH after another transfusion yesterday. There is a possibility he may come home. I was up earlier than usual and made a few things that I know he can eat. We will make our way to the hospital now.

Great news! Hope he continues to make progress. 

It’s strange, neighborhood fireworks have been fewer the last couple of nights. Either the police are getting a handle on the idiots, or the idiots are saving them up for tonight. 🤔

• Like 19

Good morning all and Happy 4th of July!  

We'll be having a quiet day at home today, probably will do some gardening and more cruise planning.  .  We try to stay off the roads this holiday, as much as possible anyway.  The fireworks around here have been going all week, as usual.  Tonight it will really get loud, but I'm prepared to turn up all the sound machines so we can sleep -- kind of anyway!  🤣 Fireworks are illegal here, but that doesn't stop them.  They were going last night well after I went to bed, and if this is a normal 4th, it will be 2 or 3 in the morning before they stop.  The same thing happens on NYE.

We'll be having BBQ tonight (ribs), potato salad, and maybe a fruit salad.  I'm not a fan of most country music, but do like some.  It won't be hot enough here to fry an egg on the sidewalk, I think it will get up to the low 80's F today.  Will pass on the red wine, the drink sounds good, and so does the meal (without cilantro).  Last night I made the shrimp cakes w/the lemon aioli sauce and they were good.  I think I still prefer the crab cakes I make (I got HAL's recipe on a cruise and have tweaked it over the years).  But the aioli sauce was great!!

Because we lived in Southern CA and our DS and DDIL lived in the Los Angeles area for years before moving up here, we've been to Los Angeles many, many times.  The only times we've cruised there (San Pedro) was on Celebrity Pacific Coastal cruises.  We've been to all the usual touristy spots and Disneyland many times (DDIL was an Imagineer at Disney before moving here).  Not sure where all my photos are...

Sandi @StLouisCruisers Thinking of you on the anniversary of your dear Dad's passing.

Lorraine @cruising sister Condolences on the passing of your aunt.  I hope things go as smoothly as possible in making arrangements for your other aunt and their home.

Terry @smitty34877 It was good to hear that Lou has improved, and can possibly come home soon.

Jacqui @kazu I'm sorry Ivan has to take both meds now and especially that he's started to balk at taking them.  

@Cruzin Terri  Thank you for the photos of Haugesund, a Norway port we haven't visited.

Paul @kochleffel Thank you for the update on the kitties.  I think Susan @durangoscots has an excellent idea, to sit quietly and lure them out with treats.  Sounds like they're especially shy and just need some encouragement possibly.  Good luck!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

Happy Independence Day! When I talked with my mother earlier, I asked her about her day.  She told me that she had shared a history lesson with her caregiver. En route to breakfast, (DM, 103 yrs old, uses a wheel chair and or walker) the caregiver asked, What is this 4th of July, Independence Day celebration? DM wondered if this history was not being taught in schools and asked, Where are you from? Caregiver replied, The Sudan. DM said, Oh, you are from the eastern part of Africa. Do you miss it? Would you ever return? Caregiver answered, Oh no, never! DM then explained that Independence Day was a celebration of America’s independence. Caregiver asked, From what? DM answered, From England. Caregiver said, Why from England? I wonder if DM will have a chance to explain ‘the rest of the story’.
Happy 4th of July to those who celebrate, 🎆and many thanks to all who work while others have a vacation day. 

• Like 24

Happy 4th to everyone celebrating.  The fireworks over our bay last night were great.  Plus several people at bonfires on the beach had good shows.  Our sleepy town will be back to normal today as folks head north or south to nearby towns.  But good for our economy yesterday.

Went to one BBQ yesterday and another this afternoon.  Not bad celebrating the 4th on two days. LOL

Condolences and prayers to all on the prayer list.  Appreciate all the news and pictures from everyone. 

It is a lot of work keeping all the lists and news.  I am still checking in sporadically!  Grandkids and family are camping this week so I feel like I am on vacation here. However, one of my projects today is to get our trailer ready for when we take the grands camping in a couple of weeks.  

Our weather is beautiful still this morning.  But the Willamette valley cities may have record heat today.  Hight 90"s so I know we will get the marine layer coming in today sometime.  That heat is too much for us so we are happy to be here on the coast.

Enjoy all your celebrations.  Stay well and safe.

• Like 22

1 hour ago, kplady said:

We sailed out of Long Beach on our 2009 Panama Canal cruise on the Zuiderdam. We flew out a couple of days ahead so we could do some local sightseeing. Our hotel (Hotel Maya) was very close to the pier, and we could see the Queen Mary from the grounds. 

003.thumb.jpg.387426acf5c7bb372edbfcb793c21e32.jpg

breakfast on our balcony!

008.thumb.jpg.7e545d666bf8dd0e09ed63de1042e426.jpg

We decided to tour the Lane Victory, since I worked for the Maritime Administration at the US Merchant Marine Academy. We had a wonderful tour, and saw lots on the ship.

011.thumb.jpg.a3d91c684a2fe0a2b814fcb0cccc8046.jpg

013.thumb.jpg.6abb428953fa37ee4c42af9e5eef502b.jpg

DH Bill got to sit in the captain's chair!

020.thumb.jpg.fe84b4a48c348b4e1877dd37d0a5fc9a.jpg

We also walked around the port area, and enjoyed a beer at a bar that had over 100 taps!

026.thumb.jpg.edc36f4d3f26fe29b0e6b6e70a149e00.jpg

028.thumb.jpg.c7d66997a70f86ae5dd2cc5e3f73288a.jpg

Prayers for all our Daily friends with troubles of many kinds. Cheers to those celebrating and cruising!

Great photos especially of yourselves.

• Like 9

46 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

From our stateroom, leaving the Port of LA. The SS Lane Victory is an American Victory-class cargo ship used in World War II, the Korean War and Vietnam War. The ship was preserved in 1989 to serve as a museum ship in the San Pedro area of Los Angeles, and is a National Historic Landmark.

001-PortofLosAngelesfromStateroomBalcony.thumb.jpg.7ad6c3e6f499c0b4e786b06bb9a7f5f5.jpg

Just a friendly heads up; SS Lane Victory is no longer berthed semi-underneath the Vincent Thomas Bridge, adjacent the Catalina Cruise Terminal, at Berth 94 as shown in your pic. She has actually been moved a total of three times now. In February 2012 she moved from that Berth 94 to the outer (San Pedro) harbor at Berth 46 at the end of Miner Street, unfortunately making her a lot less visible to the general public.

In early 2013, she was again moved to nearby Berth 49, 3011 Miner Street, still in the outer harbor, when there were big plans to construct a "super cruise ship dock" at #46 (since placed on hold in 2020 due to the epidemic).

https://kentico.lawaterfront.org/getmedia/4471287b-3485-4f85-98c3-ea23a91e4633/outer-harbor-cruise-terminal-prospectus

S.S. Lane Victory

On 14 March 2022, she was moved for a third time by two tugs to her apparently now semi-permanent home at Berth 52, 2400 Miner Street, because the 145,000 GRT Discovery Princess, which does not fit at the L.A. Cruise Center by the Vincent Thomas, needed the dock for her Mex Riviera cruises   

Discovery Princess using Pier 46 at LA Harbor? - Page 2 - Princess Cruises  - Cruise Critic Community

This map shows her old location at Berth 49. She is now at #52 higher up the map

• Like 15

2 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good morning (when I started this). Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

Happy 4th of July!

4thofJuly.jpg.0b212f0677a6571326ae0781dde0cab3.jpg

I like bbq's but won't be attending one today. Country music is ok; not my favorite. I never tried frying an egg on a sidewalk. Not sure what to make of the quote. I like the meal, pass on the drink, and yes to the wine if bought for me. My 2012 Princess Hawaii cruise left from the Port of LA, but I didn't see any of the city.

It started off very foggy here today, and cloudy, but it's slowly clearing. We've had a lot of rain the last few days. I emptied 2-3/4" of rain out of my gauge this morning, from the last couple of days, and mushrooms are popping up in the lawn. Hopefully no rain for the downtown fireworks. I have on occasion gone down there to watch, but it's too crowded and hard to get home, and in recent years there's been some violence, so I watch on TV (although not the same). No plans today. I was shocked to see it was 8AM when I woke up today. I'd gone to bed a little earlier and slept 8-1/2 hours.

@summer slope I hope Bailey is feeling better.

@StLouisCruisers Hugs on this sad anniversary of your DF's passing. DD's tree is lovely. Nice photo of you and DH.

@cruising sister My condolences to you and your family on the passing of your Aunt. It sounds like a lot of decisions and work coming up due to the living status of the 2 sisters.

@smitty34877 Good news that DH is feeling better and may come home soon.

@kazu I'm sorry to hear Ivan is needing both meds and now not taking them easily. I take Gabapentin and had to decrease it a little in the past as it made me stagger (I take 4 a day now).

@Lady Hudson Prayers that the therapy will result in stronger legs for DH.

@Cruzin Terri I'm glad you got to see a bit of Haugesund and thanks for the photos. I hope Jim is feeling better soon.

@0106 Thanks for the explanation of the quote; it makes it more understandable now.

@dobiemom I hope your GF is feeling better soon, so you two can enjoy your trip to Vegas.

@rafinmd Thanks for the photos of the Iowa and Long Beach . Nice photo of you with your visitors. My first HAL cruise was on the Statendam (NZ to Australia).

@ger_77 Frost??? Wow.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Nice photos from LA.

@kochleffel I hope you see DaVinci and Mona Lisa soon; although it's probably good they hide tonight if there are fireworks near you.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers to those with something to Celebrate.

For Roy, passing Crystal Serenity as we leave port (2012)

007-PassingCrystalSerenityAsWeLeavePort.thumb.jpg.4827ef01f72923af952844aed8ed8d81.jpg

Was that January?  If so, it may have been the start of the World Cruise.  I was not on then but joined later for the segment from Papeete to Auckland,

Roy

• Like 10

5 hours ago, 0106 said:

Today’s quote come from Letters to a Young Poet, a collection of 10 letters written by the poet Rilke to Kappus, a 19-year-old officer cadet at a military academy; Rilke had studied at the same academy.  Kappus corresponded with the poet seeking his advice as to the quality of his poetry, and in deciding between a literary career or a career as an officer in the army. Kappus compiled and published the letters after Rilke's death.  Having this context and by reading the passage that comes before the quote , I believe it makes more sense. It is always what I have already said: always the wish that you may find patience enough in yourself to endure, and simplicity enough to believe; that you may acquire more and more confidence in that which is difficult, and in your solitude among others. And for the rest, let life happen to you. Believe me: life is right, in any case.

That does make a lot more sense and I like it.  Thank you so much for sharing the quote in context 👍 

5 hours ago, dobiemom said:

My GF and I have a trip planned for Las Vegas in a couple of weeks. We’ve made some preliminary plans (meals, spa, bingo) but we haven’t been able to finalize them. My GF was traveling (went to visit grandkids) and is now very ill, but she says we’re still going as the trip will make her feel better.

OH my, I hope your GF is feeling better so she can enjoy the trip to it’s fullest and you can both have a good time 🤞 

4 hours ago, rafinmd said:

After a quick tour of the ship we had lunch in Crystal's equivalent of Dive In:

lunch0123.jpg

Roy

Well I know who two of the people who are in these pictures 😉 

4 hours ago, Nickelpenny said:

Yogurt done and now draining so that it becomes Greek yogurt.  When I finish it, the consistency is like whipped cream!  Got to make some fruit coulis to top it off when I eat it.

Wow!  I am impressed.  My hat is off to you!

6 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning.It is hot and humid with showers predicted  on and off.

DD and I found an improved DH after another transfusion yesterday.There is a possibility he may come home .I was up earlier than usual and made a few things that I know he can eat.We will make our way to the hospital now.

So glad to here he has improved.  What a relief.  May he continue to improve and soon be home 🙏🏻 

5 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

I had a nice day.

I am so glad to hear you had a good day 👍 

4 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Speaking of the "FT", I just heard the latest weather report - a cold air mass will come in later this afternoon and there is a "risk of frost" for tonight.  Seriously?!?  I'm not sure how I'm going to protect our papyrus that are now nearly taller than I am, but we'll have to if we want the yard to look nice for Summerfest this weekend. 

Frost?  Wow!  That’s nuts 😡. I hope you can find a way to protect the papyrus without going to too much work.  Even better, I hope they change the forecast 🤞 

3 hours ago, kochleffel said:

I still haven't seen DaVinci and Mona Lisa. They are venturing farther out for food, but go right back to hiding.

Still?  Oh my.  Patience.  They will appear hopefully 🤞 

3 hours ago, kochleffel said:

This morning I booked the return flight from Fort Lauderdale after the Spanish Farewell.

Spanish Farewell?  I don’t see it in your signature so inquiring minds have to ask.  (Forgive me if you said before & I have forgotten).  Which ship are you on?  I’m guessing if you have marked your calendar, it can’t be ours since our final payment is coming up fast.

It’s a good thing I already paid mine.  with the Ivan bills, I might have rethought things  (yeah right 😜).

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, dobiemom said:

It’s strange, neighborhood fireworks have been fewer the last couple of nights. Either the police are getting a handle on the idiots, or the idiots are saving them up for tonight. 🤔

#2 I'm afraid! Some of that stuff these Einstein's are throwing up in the air sounds like military-grade explosives

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Copper10-8 said:

Discovery Princess using Pier 46 at LA Harbor? - Page 2 - Princess Cruises  - Cruise Critic Community

This map shows her old location at Berth 49. She is now at #52 higher up the map

Thanks John. That picture was taken in January 2012, so it sounds like right before her first move. Surprising how much she's been moved around out there.

42 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Was that January?  If so, it may have been the start of the World Cruise.  I was not on then but joined later for the segment from Papeete to Auckland,

Roy

Roy, yes, that was January 17, 2012 and looking it up, the Serenity left on the 18th to start a World Cruise.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2