The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday February 3rd,

kazu

Just now, StLouisCruisers said:

Tina, is there any way for you to email this itinerary to Rich

Rich requested my revised itinerary after I posted about the change in December.  I emailed him the new itinerary at that time.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

@57redbird, It sounds as if you are progressing very well. Is there a difference in the type of pain or is it similar to the old pain?

@marshhawk,Sorry about the cough but glad you are resting.

@Seasick Sailor Oliver is such a cute boy. I love how our two pooches help as well.

I didn't have any back pain before the surgery....I thought I had sciatica -- the pain in my left leg is different than the pre-op pain --- that was shooting, stabbing spasms.  Now it's a dull, fairly constant ache - sometimes in the front of my thigh or back of it & down my leg.  The motivating reason for the surgery was we are headed to our timeshare on Maui in early March & I thought elective surgery, close to home, would be a better choice than emergency surgery there.  

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

@1ANGELCAT A banana split is a health food,-fruit, dairy .I told DH it was ice cream for breakfast day and he told me to stop cooking the eggs...unfortunately once the scrambling began it was hard to put in reverse.

@StLouisCruisersNot sure if I can call Coal a new friend, he or she (not sure, cat is too fuzzy to tell) moved into the back yard when we were away.  Donna told us she came over to feed the 2 one day, turned around and there were 5.

There is one more, I call her Munchkin, very small very skittish, but she does allow me to touch her nose with one finger.  That's it. And she has a sweetheart, a giant tan cat with collar.....OMG!  I need to get that Neon sign that says Free Cat food taken down!

image.thumb.png.6e095fa456732cf4c2657dd2cf64663a.png

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 16
  • Haha 11

@57redbirdYour surgery seemed quite major to me, and i think you have come a long way in 7 weeks.  But my question to the doc would be, when does the pain go away.

DH thought he would feel fine after the last angioplasty, and he is still in pain.  Knowing he is going in this week for more major surgery on the artery is not making him very happy.  But one of his meds makes him a tad obsessive and things must be done...NOW..  so when he was not supposed to be lifting things,  he was.  When he was supposed to lie flat, he went to work and sat up for hours.  And then wondered why he was in pain for two weeks.  I guess after your  major surgery , 7 weeks aint that bad.  ? What do I know, pain is pain, and it wears you down.

• Like 20

@Bgwest welcome to the Daily!  

We are ready to depart Fort Lauderdale waiting for port approval.  Our face recognition went very smoothly this morning we were back in our cabin before 10.  About 300 passengers and 47 contractors went through the process today.   We have a completely full ship. 

Here is our upcoming itinerary.  

Screenshot_20240203-083400-579.png

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Tina, is there any way for you to email this itinerary to Rich @richwmn?  I bet he'd like to be able to update the Halfacts.com/daily so that we don't see the wrong itinerary all month.  His email is his screen name at gmail dot com.  Some of the dates of your ports look to be different than cruisetimetables.com has and you know more about it than any of us do.

I love banana splits and wouldn't mind one for breakfast any day of the month!  Good choice!

That's a very unique sunrise photo.  Extremely beautiful!  Thanks for posting it Roy!

Welcome to the Daily!

I think you're doing pretty good for 7 weeks after surgery, too.  Keep up the good work!

I hate hearing your pain is so much worse now than it was just days ago.  Please let your BFF do the work for you.  You can sit and offer support and advice and I'm sure your BFF will be happy to do it for you. 😇

Vanessa, unfortunately I have had a text from Susan who tells me her DH and our good friend, Scott, has had more TIAs where he collapses to the floor.  She called 911 and he is at their local hospital undergoing tests.  They say no stroke but she is hoping for some answers soon.  He is not really eating and is frail and weak so she is understandably upset and worried.  Could we have Scott put on the Care list for a while?  I hope something can be done to help him quickly.  We're all very worried!

Annie, hugs to you and Chuck!  You've both been through the wringer this week.  I'm sorry you're so sick on top of everything else.  Good luck with your new little friends Tiger 🐈 and Coal. 🐈‍⬛ They're lucky to have found two cat lovers like you and Chuck!

So sorry to hear Sue has a migraine!  I'm glad the seas are calming down some and I hope you both have a good rest of your day and evening.

My Banana split on P&O Iona Sandi.

IMG_20240118_191140.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Good morning and Happy Saturday from the beautiful Koningsdam. It is choppy. I went to the Crows Nest but couldn’t take the bumps so I’m at the Ocean Bar. Now I’m just sliding a bit. Still can’t walk a straight line. 🤣

My flowers are beautiful. Opening up. 
CA2293E4-E3A1-4DC9-9A76-71A46FE30A3B.thumb.jpeg.97fbe83754fbead4639384c3d34b56d2.jpeg

Today in the MDR is a Hawaiian Brunch. Menu looks fun. They were closed for breakfast and the brunch is 9-1. I thought that meant Club Orange was closed too but it was open so we had breakfast there and will have the brunch about 12:15. 

When I was in the Crows Nest I saw this. 
47E9EB68-4F10-447E-BF2D-C0C072A6C483.thumb.jpeg.4638ca820e3ff6f718c9f648a089434f.jpeg

Not sure if there will be more Mardi Gras events. 

Debbie @dfish, oh dear about Sue’s migraine. Please tell her to get better. 

Joy!! @Seasick Sailor, Oliver is quite the character!  What an adorable picture. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 25

I haven't posted for awhile but I have been trying to keep up reading the daily. I finally have an answer to why I have felt so bad these past couple of months and it isn't a remnant of Covid. Last Monday I had a 10 hour date with the emergency room because I was having such pain and difficulty breathing. Diagnosis was pulmonary edema. Saw my pulmonologist on Wed., lungs are my normal (COPD) saw cardiology yesterday. I was put on new med Farxiga, increased my diuretic and halfed another heart med. Will have more blood work next Wed. and begin treatment in the Heart Failure Clinic next Thursday. Doc. also trying to get my TEE testing done sooner than the scheduled date of 02/26/24. Apparently the test is necessary to confirm that it is a heart valve problem. 

I have been to todays port a couple of times, no photos. I don't have a dog to date so will substitute my 2 cats. No on the drink, too sweet for me. I would love to have someone serve me the beef stroganoff and the wine.

Prayers for all who need them, myself included, and hurrahs for all who don't.

Jane

• Like 12
  • Thanks 11

3 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning and Happy Saturday from the beautiful Koningsdam. It is choppy. I went to the Crows Nest but couldn’t take the bumps so I’m at the Ocean Bar. Now I’m just sliding a bit. Still can’t walk a straight line. 🤣

My flowers are beautiful. Opening up. 
CA2293E4-E3A1-4DC9-9A76-71A46FE30A3B.thumb.jpeg.97fbe83754fbead4639384c3d34b56d2.jpeg

Beautiful flowers Sharon. If that is one of the ship's arrangement what is the name of it?

• Like 11

8 minutes ago, lazey1 said:

I haven't posted for awhile but I have been trying to keep up reading the daily. I finally have an answer to why I have felt so bad these past couple of months and it isn't a remnant of Covid. Last Monday I had a 10 hour date with the emergency room because I was having such pain and difficulty breathing. Diagnosis was pulmonary edema. Saw my pulmonologist on Wed., lungs are my normal (COPD) saw cardiology yesterday. I was put on new med Farxiga, increased my diuretic and halfed another heart med. Will have more blood work next Wed. and begin treatment in the Heart Failure Clinic next Thursday. Doc. also trying to get my TEE testing done sooner than the scheduled date of 02/26/24. Apparently the test is necessary to confirm that it is a heart valve problem. 

I have been to todays port a couple of times, no photos. I don't have a dog to date so will substitute my 2 cats. No on the drink, too sweet for me. I would love to have someone serve me the beef stroganoff and the wine.

Jane

I'm so sorry to hear you are not well Jane and sending prayers 🙏 you can get appropriate treatment to make you well again.

Graham x

448955ymp9khgltr.gif

• Like 13

26 minutes ago, lazey1 said:

I don't have a dog to date so will substitute my 2 cats.

I forgot to mention that DaVinci gave me another scan last night, and stayed with me for a while. This afternoon Mona Lisa has been napping next to me.

• Like 26

Good morning from a calmer Pacific Ocean even though there are still fairly large swells.  The sun is out though there are still some clouds, and the sea is now a lovely deep blue.  Today is the first day the weather is good enough to sit on our balcony, but that won't be happening.  With the following winds and a lot of wind last night, our balcony is covered in a thick layer of salt crystals.  I hope they clean it soon.

American painters deserve their day.  There was a lady in the Lido this morning working on a painting.  Another good American painter is Andrew Wyeth.  No dog for a date night, though there is a lady with a Yorkie who she pushes around in a doggie stroller.  So far, no barking.  Elmo was part of Sesame Street when the DDs watched it.

The quote is true, but humans need to learn from the past.

We will skip the meal today.  I'm not sure of they could make the drink on the ship.  The wine sounds nice, but it's pricey.

We have sailed through Puget Sound many times, and camped along it's shores too.

Two very important days in history, and one very sad day for music.  We were very aware and shocked the day the Music Died.  Both Buddy Holly and The Big Bopper were from Texas.  Ironically, as we drove to San Diego, we were wondering how much more Buddy Holly would have contributed to music if he'd lived.

6 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  Cheers to American painters - whether they practice their craft on canvas or buildings.  We don't have a doggy to date, so it'll be kitty date night here.  Happy Birthday Elmo!!

image.png.551790026dd67fa509d30185e16b4503.png

Of course it's still dark here, but we're above freezing by 1 degree; there's only a high predicted of +3, but at least it isn't storming or -4,000 below zero.  Yesterday we had water running down the street, so the boys next door were having toothpick races along the sidewalk; they were having a great time.

The meds are starting to help DH get rid of the fluid in his body.  Yesterday I checked online to see the results of his x-ray and sure enough, he has pulmonary edema which will definitely be helped with the use of diuretics.  I kept telling him to drink more water, but of course, that was met with resistance.  Well, apparently in the middle of the night DH was hit with a whopper of a leg cramp and realized he was indeed, dehydrated.  But oh no, don't listen to me!  (shakes my head)  I'd better make sure there's enough Gatorade in the house today, and will put more on the grocery list.

Not much happening here for us, except that I will go out and get some groceries.  I made lemon cranberry muffins when our friends came over the other day which DH really enjoyed, and he's asked me for another batch, so I have to get the ingredients to put them together.  

I see @rafinmd has mentioned that the Zaandam is berthed at Miami, so checked the FLL site and they are full up with 7 ships in port today - can you imagine the traffic?  The taxis and ubers will be maxed out today with the emptying and refilling of those ships!

I would try the drink of the day, although I'm not a huge fan of Southern Comfort - on the other hand, I do love floats!!  I would definitely enjoy today's wine, and I've never made beef stroganoff in the slow cooker.  Re: slow cookers - I'd rather have more of those recipes than squash!  LOL   Yesterday I brought home some New York Fries (make that a lot of fries), the leftovers of which are resting in the fridge, so today I'll be baking panko crusted salmon and will reheat the fries in the air fryer, serving that along with coleslaw for us to enjoy at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.  BTW, @kazuI'll swap you some of our salmon for your lobster seafood chowder!!

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in pain, in grief, and in poor health.  Cheers to all who have celebrations or who are enjoying their time on a cruise. 

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Gerry, I'm sorry your DH has pulmonary edema, but I'm glad the diuretic is helping.

4 hours ago, Bgwest said:

New here. Love this!!! Thank you for all of your time and effort. 

Welcome to The Daily.  Please join us often.

4 hours ago, 57redbird said:

Quick update on my recovery from my lumbar laminectomy & fusion done on Dec. 11 - back is a little tender where the hardware is, left hip & thigh have manageable pain - maybe 1 or 2 pain meds a day.  Back to walking our dog .7 mile a day.  I think for 7 weeks post-op I'm doing ok.

Your progress for seven weeks post op sound good.  I hope the pain lessens soon.

4 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Well I guess I can arrange a date night for my doggies, just never considered it. I am not from a Sesame Street family, but Elmo has been greatly loved by a lot of kiddos so I'll celebrate him.

Yes to the meal & wine, would try the drink. Most recent visit to Puget Sound was last April on Eurodam; it's a lovely port. We will be there again May 12 and late Sept.

3 really important days in history.

It was 54° when I got up this morning, that was 4 hours ago so I'm sure it's gotten closer to the forecasted 68°. The lake is still clearly presen in the backyard, so need some sun.

Prayers and positive thoughts for all. 

April 29, 2023 was opening day for HALs 76th Alaskan season. We had a perfect day for boarding the Eurodam in Seattle and cruising the Puget Sound. As seen from our balcony.

20230429_113319.thumb.jpg.ff23f0f88bf2f32961be55fe58ee7763.jpg

20230429_113302.thumb.jpg.ffbd527e8c4a575bdb9bf4fa1eeeb63d.jpg

20230429_160222.thumb.jpg.1957eeeedad179dcf37537ebcb257117.jpg

There was a ceremony with a band, local Chamber was presented a check by HAL & Crew, Miss WA and Miss AK greeted us at gangway. It was filmed by local TV station.

20230429_112634.thumb.jpg.b18e9f49f937c19744e65efb901fbc1b.jpg

20240203_051151.thumb.jpg.8160226cc56fe2f61949d5e7ecd224a8.jpg

Thanks for the nice pictures. 

3 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I like some American Painters. No dog here to date. HBD Elmo. Deep quote. I like the meal. Pass on the drink, and yes to the wine. I haven't been to Puget Sound. 2 good days, and 1 sad day with the plane crash and loss of life. I was too young to know about Buddy Holly, but have certainly heard about him and the others. @kazu and @rafinmd thanks for our start and maps.

It's going to be nice out. It's cloudy now and 34F, but is supposed to be sunny and 45F this afternoon. It's been cloudy for so long! I got about 4 hours of sleep, in segments. BFF is supposed to come over around noon to help me pack up and move some stuff. There is so much, I'm overwhelmed! And I'm sad that after feeling much less pain on Tuesday, it's come back with a vengeance, just when I need to do stuff. Sigh. 

@StLouisCruisers Oh my about the coyote sighting in DD's neighborhood. There seem to be more sightings as development encroaches on the woods.

@kazu Good to hear you're not getting the worst of the weather. Nonetheless, be safe!

@superoma Thanks for the recipes. I use the daring gourmet website for a lot of German recipes, like maultaschen, goulash, etc.

@0106 I hope you're able to get out of your cabins soon and enjoy the ship.

@ger_77 I'm sorry DH had gotten to the point of pulmonary edema; that's serious! The stronger diuretic should help, but they need to come up with a more permanent solution. Again his course is mirroring BFF's Dad's about 15 years ago. 

@smitty34877 I'm sorry to hear it was a long night, and I do hope you can get some adequate rest and sleep. 

@Seasick Sailor Oliver is enjoying himself!

@1ANGELCAT Breakfast of champions!

@grapau27 Nice photos from your recent cruise.

@Bgwest Welcome to the Fleet Report/Daily!

@57redbird Thanks for the update. I hope your recovery continues smoothly.

@Haljo1935 Thanks for the Puget Sound photos.  

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

Vanessa, I'm sorry the pain relief didn't last.  Let BFF do the heavy stuff today.

3 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Good Saturday Morning Dailyites!  My favorite american artist is Eric Sloane, I love his clouds and New England scenes.

image.png.32be0d99b4b90bb01f33b4e0a3afc5be.png

Now about Elmos' birthday, was this the day he appeared on Sesame Street, or when he was thought of.  How do we really know when his birthday is?

We threw out all the cushions from the porch.  Washed all the blankets, and beds, I need to sweep out the porch, and probably replace the porch rug.  We left the door open last night to air out the porch.  And then we sat down to watch TV.  I noticed movement on the porch-turned on the light, and there was Coal (a long haired black stray) who freaked out when the light came on.  A half hour later, there was a small tiger stray, (we named Tiger) on the porch. 

I think DH really wants to adopt Tiger, but he is afraid that getting another cat will put Tazi over the edge.  And Tiger only shows up around 5 to be fed, and comes back to be fed, and hangs around until about 11, and then goes on his way.  Coal on the other hand lives in our yard.  Is injured but way too wary of humans. 

It's 50 and sunny, and I left a window open last night, so it is pretty cool in the house.

Heading north from Puget sound

IMG_3404.thumb.JPG.6f96490767865e3f976e1d49464bde1e.JPG

Seattle-IMG_3396.thumb.JPG.991b6c0824f2d53a99dcd8f2ea4c6791.JPG

Have a great day all!  I'm going to call out sick today, there is no helping it, if I called you and coughed at you, it would remind you of why you dont want tickets to sit next to other people.

image.png.bc00a76e3abf542d3c95b09cf1fe45b7.png

Annie, rest and start feeling better soon.  Thanks for the pictures.

2 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

It’s sunny in north NJ!  Been weeks of gray but sun will grace us for several days. 

I was up till 4am. I’ve been very tired since the eye surgery trip, even napping some days, very unusual for me. So maybe I was finally caught up? Or maybe worried…. eye pressures are up. Probably part of the healing process but up in both eyes so not sure what’s happening. They are well above target range. DH will have to text his doctors for their advice. 

DH has lots of family in and around Seattle. We visited some on Orcas Island where we had our first kayak adventure borrowing their boats. Got ours not long after. Good memories. 

We like Southern Comfort but haven’t had any in the house since I drank up the whole liquor shelf as we emptied the New Mexico mountain house, made the packing go easier! Movers wouldn’t move liquor so I took on the job!  Took 5 months but I enjoyed every drop.  Love root beer too so I think the combo would work for me!  

Lots of prayers and blessings sent out during the long night and this morning. Especially thinking of Melissa @HAL Sailer, @ger_77Gerri, @Cruzin Terri Terri, @smitty34877 Terry and their loved ones!  And all our cruisers!  Hope the seas smooth out, and thanks to @0106 Tina for the itinerary!  Wonderful pictures too, thanks all!  
Maureen 

Maureen, I hope your DH's eye pressure lower soon.  I hope he gets answers from the doctors soon.

1 hour ago, dfish said:

Good day from the Koningsdam.  It is a little rocky, but not as bad as the other night.  So far I am handling it okay.  Sue is in bed with a bad migraine.  She did ask for coffee, so that is a good sign.  The Imitrex hasn’t helped yet.

Debbie, I saw Sue heading to the Lido a little more than an hour ago, so my guess is she's feeling better. Sprry, she had a migraine today.

47 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Vanessa, unfortunately I have had a text from Susan who tells me her DH and our good friend, Scott, has had more TIAs where he collapses to the floor.  She called 911 and he is at their local hospital undergoing tests.  They say no stroke but she is hoping for some answers soon.  He is not really eating and is frail and weak so she is understandably upset and worried.  Could we have Scott put on the Care list for a while?  I hope something can be done to help him quickly.  We're all very worried!

Sandi, that is disturbing news about Scott.  I hope the doctors can figure out what is going on, and have a solution.

Just now, lazey1 said:

Jane

Jane, I hope you feel better soon, and can get the needed test sooner.

Lenda

• Like 20
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Tina, is there any way for you to email this itinerary to Rich @richwmn?  I bet he'd like to be able to update the Halfacts.com/daily so that we don't see the wrong itinerary all month.  His email is his screen name at gmail dot com.  Some of the dates of your ports look to be different than cruisetimetables.com has and you know more about it than any of us do.

If you, or anyone for that matter that gets an itinerary update, could email the itinerary pages of the pdf I can update it easily. @0106 -- I didn't notice where you mentioned the change.

• Like 9

Jane @lazey1, I’m so sorry you’ve not felt well. Prayers to you that they find the best treatment plan. 

55 minutes ago, lazey1 said:

Beautiful flowers Sharon. If that is one of the ship's arrangement what is the name of it?

It’s the Melanie arrangement but I specifically asked for it to be tropical. I ordered it the first sea day and asked for something around $50. It was $49.99. 

• Like 16

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I love banana splits and wouldn't mind one for breakfast any day of the month!  Good choice!

That's a very unique sunrise photo.  Extremely beautiful!  Thanks for posting it Roy!

Welcome to the Daily!

I think you're doing pretty good for 7 weeks after surgery, too.  Keep up the good work!

I hate hearing your pain is so much worse now than it was just days ago.  Please let your BFF do the work for you.  You can sit and offer support and advice and I'm sure your BFF will be happy to do it for you. 😇

Annie, hugs to you and Chuck!  You've both been through the wringer this week.  I'm sorry you're so sick on top of everything else.  Good luck with your new little friends Tiger 🐈 and Coal. 🐈‍⬛ They're lucky to have found two cat lovers like you and Chuck!

So sorry to hear Sue has a migraine!  I'm glad the seas are calming down some and I hope you both have a good rest of your day and evening.

I'm so sorry to hear your good friend Scott is very poorly Sandi.

I hope the hospital can find out what is wrong with him and give him treatment to make him better.

Sending prayers 🙏 to Susan and Scott.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 0106 said:

Rich requested my revised itinerary after I posted about the change in December.  I emailed him the new itinerary at that time.  

Can I blame being on a cruise???

I went back to my emails and found 2 updates from you, and I thought they were both the same. Sorry. I did a tentative update a few minutes ago and will complete it after breakfast.

Rich

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

Good morning from the Volendam! Everything continues to go very well. We had an amazing flight over the Great Barrier Reef out of Cairns, and now have 4 sea days on our way to Komodo Island. We have an excursion to see the dragons. 

This morning will be another Sunday brunch where we’re served “small bites”. It will be our 3rd time, each time is a different menu. This morning Caron @Cruisercl will join us. 

I’m taking advantage of extra free time on these sea days to work on a new counted cross stitch project. I love the European intricate scenes. 

IMG_2205.thumb.jpeg.17e4d51ed5a6aa59d6b9e6027c04be5d.jpeg

• Like 25

2 hours ago, marshhawk said:

@57redbirdYour surgery seemed quite major to me, and i think you have come a long way in 7 weeks.  But my question to the doc would be, when does the pain go away.

DH thought he would feel fine after the last angioplasty, and he is still in pain.  Knowing he is going in this week for more major surgery on the artery is not making him very happy.  But one of his meds makes him a tad obsessive and things must be done...NOW..  so when he was not supposed to be lifting things,  he was.  When he was supposed to lie flat, he went to work and sat up for hours.  And then wondered why he was in pain for two weeks.  I guess after your  major surgery , 7 weeks aint that bad.  ? What do I know, pain is pain, and it wears you down.

I've asked anybody & everybody who might have an answer & I've not gotten the same answer from any of them....could be anywhere from 3 months to 2 years....I'm hoping to be on the shorter end of the time frame.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Aloha sis!!

Such a compliment!!! Thank you❤️

Out for brunch with Shawn this am! Saw your response and wanted to send you a pic!! 
All is well here! I read the daily when I can, doing a lot of painting and traveling. Paisley is doing well and here is a current painting from my journal where I take my pictures of my paintings.

Again thank you!

🌺Denise☺️

image.thumb.jpeg.3c3dd2e5e2153ee56e3bd50244ecfb5c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ec78e946ae0709c5ab95794b31eec3f2.jpeg

Oh! Beautiful picture of you and Shawn! I hope you aren't enduring flooding in Encinitas!

• Like 10

2 hours ago, lazey1 said:

Jane

Jane, Sorry to learn about your medical condition. Prayers coming your way. Keep us posted. Bruce

• Like 14

3 hours ago, 0106 said:

Don't worry!  He'll find it!

3 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Adding one more day to today’s celebrations:

IMG_3311.webp

and here’s our boy:

IMG_2832.jpeg

IMG_1966.jpeg

IMG_2833.jpeg

IMG_1505.jpeg

I mentioned this day in an earlier post.  My DGS Tyler has a Golden named Boomer.  What's your Golden's name?  I hope he doesn't "eat' shoes!  (last photo)

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

My Banana split on P&O Iona Sandi.

IMG_20240118_191140.jpg

Very nice, but did they slice the banana and put it in the bowl first?  The slivered almonds are a nice touch.🍌

1 hour ago, lazey1 said:

Jane

Jane, I'm glad to hear you have a diagnosis and will be getting treatment at the clinic this month.  I hope you can get in sooner, and are soon feeling much, much better!  We will definitely put you on our prayer list.

1 hour ago, kochleffel said:

I forgot to mention that DaVinci gave me another scan last night, and stayed with me for a while. This afternoon Mona Lisa has been napping next to me.

That is so cute!  The two cats got together and decided to finally show you some appreciation!  You've been so patient with them and now you will finally get your reward.😻❤️

48 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I'm so sorry to hear your good friend Scott is very poorly Sandi.

I hope the hospital can find out what is wrong with him and give him treatment to make him better.

Sending prayers 🙏 to Susan and Scott.

Thank you Graham.  They will gratefully accept any and all prayers.  

40 minutes ago, richwmn said:

Can I blame being on a cruise???

I went back to my emails and found 2 updates from you, and I thought they were both the same. Sorry. I did a tentative update a few minutes ago and will complete it after breakfast.

Rich

Yes Rich, you can definitely blame misplacing a few emails on your cruise!  See Tina @0106??   I told you he would find them.😉

8 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning from the Volendam! Everything continues to go very well. We had an amazing flight over the Great Barrier Reef out of Cairns, and now have 4 sea days on our way to Komodo Island. We have an excursion to see the dragons. 

This morning will be another Sunday brunch where we’re served “small bites”. It will be our 3rd time, each time is a different menu. This morning Caron @Cruisercl will join us. 

I’m taking advantage of extra free time on these sea days to work on a new counted cross stitch project. I love the European intricate scenes. 

IMG_2205.thumb.jpeg.17e4d51ed5a6aa59d6b9e6027c04be5d.jpeg

That's a beautiful kit Carolyn!  It will be so pretty when it gets finished.  Your flight over the Great Barrier Reef sounds great!

3 minutes ago, 57redbird said:

I've asked anybody & everybody who might have an answer & I've not gotten the same answer from any of them....could be anywhere from 3 months to 2 years....I'm hoping to be on the shorter end of the time frame.

Definitely, we all hope and pray your pain relief comes sooner rather than later.  Best of luck to you and I hope you can enjoy your upcoming cruise. 🙏

11 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Oh! Beautiful picture of you and Shawn! I hope you aren't enduring flooding in Encinitas!

I second Joy's post @DeeniEncinitas!  Wonderful photo of you and Shawn!  And your painting of Paisley is perfect, as always.  

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2