The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday April 13th, 2024

kazu

8 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

We have begun our summer workamping gig and we love it.  Same place as last summer as we were asked to return.  I have 3 cruises booked for 2025 that this summer gig will fund!

My parents used to do the workamping gig.  I think they did it for 5 years or so and did it for "pin money".  They loved it.  I don't know why they stopped - well, mom said it was because they were "old".  It was too bad because it kept them young.

• Like 15

Posted (edited)

Good morning and thanks all!  We enjoyed a couple of visits to Aruba, along with sighting a water spout! 
@AncientWanderer  Bon Voyage!   I think I’m just a little excited for you!  Such a fabulous destination! 
@puppycanducruise so sorry to hear your news!  Gone way too young! Such a nasty disease. 
@smitty34877 glad to hear Tana is maintaining and they allowed the nurse to park nearby.  As if you need any more challenges! 
@atexsix condolences Bruno on th d loss of your dad,such a big loss! 
@ORTravelGalwelcome! 
I’ll add to the muscle car, my first car purchase was a 65 Mustang convertible with a 289 Cobra Jet 4 speed stick

IMG_4221.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 3

It's still very windy, but there is some sun.  We're heading to Waco for a wine run.

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Nice photos Lenda.

Thank you, Graham.

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

Lunch for me is usually a piece of fruit or something light. I'd never heard of the Borinqueneers before today; they deserve a day. I haven't played Scrabble in ages, although I still have it in a cabinet with some other board games. Interesting quote, although I think most people have a few regrets. Maybe on the meal, pass on the drink and yes to the wine (if someone's buying it for me). I have been to Oranjestad. The "Messiah" is a favorite of mine.

Finally the rain has stopped. However it is very windy and I hope trees don't fall on power lines. A lot of downtown is flooded, as it's at the confluence of 3 rivers, and they peaked above flood stage last night. Also lots live near creeks and have flooded yards and basements. Luckily I'm on higher ground. I slept a little better (5 hours total) in part due to Benadryl taken for my injection. BFF will be coming over later to help move some stuff back into the 3 rooms. 

@AncientWanderer Bon Voyage!

@atexsix Bruno, my sincere condolences on the passing of your Dear Dad. You were so involved in his care for a long time, and I know it meant the world to him.

@aliaschief Your upcoming tour to see the Taj Mahal sounds fabulous!

@grapau27 Thanks for the explanations.

@ORTravelGal Welcome to the Daily! All are welcome to post here, as long as their posts are friendly.

@puppycanducruise Condolences on the loss of such a young friend.

@smitty34877 I'm glad the nurse was able to get in to see Tana, and that she thought Tana looked a little better. Continued prayers.

@kazu I'm happy to hear that the nurse was so thorough and has a plan to get you pain free. About the iPad,  I am able to cut and paste from it, but the formatting does not come over. So anything that is bolded does not paste as bolded. It worked before the iPadOS 17.4.1, so something changed with the update. For now I'll use the laptop to post the Cares List.

@LambKnuckles I'm sorry to hear about your sister. Prayers for her. 

@marshhawk I hope the guy shows up and that your driveway gets fixed satisfactorily.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Lovely photos.

@RMLincoln Blessings to you as you help the family during this difficult time. 

@Vict0riann Thanks for checking in. 

Welcome home @ocean sounds, @SusieKIslandGirl and @Heartgrove's DW Sue and DSIL.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those with something to Celebrate.

A few photos from Aruba.

Beautiful water 

2082576601_009-11_17.19GorgeouswateroffthecruiseportandsandbarOranjestadAruba.thumb.jpg.8e62a701be8debf4378ad8ffe42fc9ed.jpg

The collapsed natural bridge

1843912608_025-11_17.19CollapsedNaturalBridge(9.2005)Aruba.thumb.jpg.cafb1d7d63085653b3ef4e2f126cba16.jpg

The baby bridge

1432218581_030-11_17.19BabyBridgeAruba.thumb.jpg.02efdcc65e88134155c731143ccab635.jpg

California Lighthouse

1911111591_079-11_17.19CaliforniaLIghthouseNoordAruba.thumb.jpg.19d2267102d008567f6be039126a7676.jpg

Sunset on the Beach

image.png.3618d4220ccf5b37d69da11c64504151.png

•  

Vanessa, I'm glad you got more sleep last night.  Have you considered taking Benadryl on other night?  Great pictures of Aruba.

Lenda

• Like 18

6 hours ago, puppycanducruise said:

It's been very windy here, we'll have to go out and check for any damage when it gets light.  I'll be glad when it's over.   Had some sad news yesterday, an acquaintance has passed away from breast cancer, she was only 46.  She was a lovely woman and will be missed. 

I hope you had no serious damage from the wind 🤞 

So very sorry to hear about your friend who has passed away at such a young age 😢. My condolences.  Cancer is just too cruel 😡 

1 hour ago, goghd said:

Correction to Volendam location

I'm on Volendam and we are at sea headed to Puntarenas (Puerto Caldera) Costa Rica.  Dock tomorrow then a sea day.  Apr 16 we are in the Panama Canal. 

‘Sigh’. I just love a thankless job 😔 

I will make note and try to change if necessary.  the Fleet Report is not under my control.

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

A friend in Victoria, Ruth, just lost her DH a few days ago, the day before her 90th birthday .  A hard time for her.

Ahhh, I am so sorry to hear this.  It is hard when you lose your partner 😢 

Jacqui, I hope the foot nurse has solved your problem and you can travel pain free.  We are thinking of you.

Thanks Ann.  I hope so too.  I hobbled out and got all the stuff she instructed and am following her programmed diligently.  that will just leave me with my back and leg problem.  Much easier to deal with if the foot isn’t handicapping me 😗

Here on the NS, we are having a quiet and very restful time. DD has emailed that she thinks we should stay away longer, so she must be managing okay with her broken shoulder!  We had the Mariner Recognition Event today, and our friend Jane said it was the best meal we’ve had so far on the cruise.

I’m glad to hear your DD is doing ok 👍. If your Mariner Recognition is anything like my last one, it is fantastic.  I love the new menu.

I am wondering if your friend Jane is our mutual friend (J & J). I know they were crossing the pond to get to London but I don’t remember the ship they were going to be on.

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

Luckily I'm on higher ground. I slept a little better (5 hours total) in part due to Benadryl taken for my injection. BFF will be coming over later to help move some stuff back into the 3 rooms. 

Thank heavens you are on higher ground and escaped the flooding 👍. Glad to hear you got a bit more sleep but 5 hours is still not much 😔 

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

@kazu I'm happy to hear that the nurse was so thorough and has a plan to get you pain free. About the iPad,  I am able to cut and paste from it, but the formatting does not come over. So anything that is bolded does not paste as bolded. It worked before the iPadOS 17.4.1, so something changed with the update. For now I'll use the laptop to post the Cares List.

thanks Vanessa.  Rats on the Ipad 😢. I went to copy from Notes yesterday after I posted and the bolding etc didn’t hold either.  The FCL and Fleet Report are on Word Press so that must be my saving grace.  (Brian @POA1 was nice enough to let me use his site years ago when a CC update kept my WP from working properly).

@atexsix Bruno, I posted on your thread on the HAL board and hopefully you saw it.  My sincere condolences on the loss of your dear Father.  You took such great care of him for so long.

• Like 22

14 minutes ago, bennybear said:

I too wasn’t old enough to buy mine new,  the one I wish I’d have kept was my 1970 Mach one 351 Cleveland. Lucky you to have them! 

IMG_2567.jpeg

Love it!  Life had a tendency to get in the way for all of us.  Too bad they slipped away from us. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nickelpenny said:

My parents used to do the workamping gig.  I think they did it for 5 years or so and did it for "pin money".  They loved it.  I don't know why they stopped - well, mom said it was because they were "old".  It was too bad because it kept them young.

We are on our 9th workamping gig this summer and I am 71 and he is 69...we both love it and we so enjoy the people we meet!  The funds go into the bank and some fund our cruising habit!  Life is GOOD!

• Like 20

2 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Hello, Dailyites!(I have no idea what time it is, anywhere…). Lots of news today, I’m so sorry, Bruno, about your Dear Dad, you did so much for him these last years, it will be a big empty hole in your life for a while, but I hope your wonderful memories of the time with him help.  Lambie, nice to see you here, I’m sorry your sister is having a difficult time with cancer, and Terri and Melanie on the loss of your friends.  A friend in Victoria, Ruth, just lost her DH a few days ago, the day before her 90th birthday .  A hard time for her.  Jacqui, I hope the foot nurse has solved your problem and you can travel pain free.  We are thinking of you.  Terry, I think of Tana so often, and all you do for her and the teenager.  You are wonderful, I think we all agree!

Here on the NS, we are having a quiet and very restful time. DD has emailed that she thinks we should stay away longer, so she must be managing okay with her broken shoulder!  We had the Mariner Recognition Event today, and our friend Jane said it was the best meal we’ve had so far on the cruise.  I will try to post the menu and some pictures, if I can.  Tonight we will definitely want to eat light!

IMG_4748.thumb.jpeg.42560633c9dda99bd6331aa36b663608.jpeg  

IMG_4750.thumb.jpeg.2c255a22586e83429fb4ba4ad768f2a9.jpeg

IMG_4749.thumb.jpeg.b22a824496994e2cbb47c0627617f700.jpeg  

IMG_4751.thumb.jpeg.f7296a3371db840836e2a52a82dd40f6.jpeg  

IMG_4752.thumb.jpeg.24e7aa6dfe7f22c291f97a46ec416cf3.jpeg    

IMG_4753.thumb.jpeg.29aa01e5b47bfd65f303d2bcdd0173dd.jpeg

Ann. @Vict0riann

Condolences for your friend Ruth on the loss of her DH.

• Like 15

6 hours ago, ORTravelGal said:

@puppycanducruise @StLouisCruisers @kazu @grapau27 Thank you for such a warm welcome to your very special Daily. I hope it was not out of line for me to barge in and comment. 

I love the quote about not regretting one moment of life. It is worth remembering!

Barge in anytime and Welcome to our daily.

Irish Jim.

• Like 18

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Sigh’. I just love a thankless job 😔 

I will make note and try to change if necessary.  the Fleet Report is not under my control.

I am in control and I am embarrassed, I usually don't mess up the ship I'm on!

Sorry about that. I have checked and Volendam is now correct to when I get off in Montreal.

Rich

• Like 14
  • Thanks 5

5 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

I seldom eat lunch, but will happily celebrate it; I didn't know about Borinqueneers Day - definitely worthy of recognition; have never played Scrabble - am I the only one?🤷‍♀️

Pass on the meal, drink & wine sound good although the wine is pricey, most recent stop in Oranjestad was Feb 2023 but no pictures to post as they're on my computer. I have a bracelet I bought there that I wear everyday. Thanks for the pictures @StLouisCruisers

Hugs and condolences @puppycanducruise @Cruzin Terri and @atexsix

Hugs and prayers @smitty34877 as your family cares for Tana.

There was a shooting at a local high school (Wilmer-Hutchins) yesterday; thank goodness nobody was killed. The person shot is recovering in the hospital. Lord keep our children and educators safe 🙏

Welcome @LambKnuckles and @ORTravelGal👋

@Denise T and I must be on the same wavelength this morning 🤭 using the same Bon Voyage for @AncientWanderer

Today is finish the taxes, start a very long survey book I agreed to do, and wait for the yard guy - don't know if he'll be here today or tomorrow, but he's in for a tough job as backyard still has standing water. I will give him a nice tip if he is able to do it all. Also going to read up on the eye procedure that's being done Mon; I think it's just an injection w/the more complicated one starting next week.

Currently 59° headed to windy 82°.

Prayers 🙏 and positive thoughts for all. 

20240413_071731.thumb.jpg.97cc4ed2418413437c713377cbeebb9c.jpg

Great minds think alike. 😊

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, richwmn said:

Sorry about that. I have checked and Volendam is now correct to when I get off in Montreal.

Rich

Well damn.  I didn’t @ you as I didn’t want you to see and be bothered again.  I would have just fixed it and told you on board.  There is no reason to be embarrassed at all.  Ship itineraries change all the time.

It’s not your fault.  I am sorry you had to change it while you are on your cruise 😔. I hope it didn’t cost $$$..

Thank you - I will wipe that off my list for the next few days.  

“Sea” you soon and so looking forward to it and THANK YOU for being so dedicated ♥️ 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

@Vict0riann. Thank you for noticing me!   Good to see you,  too!   And thank you for your thoughts for my sister!   Hugs to your friend's loss of hubby!   It's not an easy thing,  at all!  Mine will have been gone for 20 years,  this December!

All you food looks yummy! 😋 

And,  I can't find a photo...  but my first car was NOT a muscle car...  it was compact,  French,  and hard to find a shop who would work on it with its metric parts back in the early 70s.  A Simca...  Another branch of the car company made racing cars,  but my little Simca would get me to and from Idaho from northern California,  for college!  I'd head north thru Sacramento,  to Reno,  then turn left at Winnemucca.  Lots of lonely...  deserted roads,  back then!   Only AM radio. And a CB!

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kazu said:

Well damn.  I didn’t @ you as I didn’t want you to see and be bothered again.  I would have just fixed it and told you on board.  There is no reason to be embarrassed at all.  Ship itineraries change all the time.

It’s not your fault.  I am sorry you had to change it while you are on your cruise 😔. I hope it didn’t cost $$$..

“Sea” you soon and so looking forward to it and THANK YOU for being so dedicated ♥️ 

Thank you both Jacqui @kazu and Rich @richwmn for your dedication in making this thread as special as it is to us all.

Graham.

• Like 17

Today's sunrise is from my MS Amsterdam cruise from Cape Town to Fort Lauderdale.  April 13 was a sea day from Ascension Island to Cape Verde:

dawn0413.jpg

Roy

• Like 20
  • Thanks 4

Thank you Rich, Jacqui, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann, and Dixie.  I'll pass on the scrabble, try to make lunch count, and learned today about Borinqueneers.

I probably would regret some of my days but try not to dwell on it.  The way I handled the change of banks is some of the fire department accounts comes to mind but think I finally have it straightened out.

The Messiah is awesome.

I've been to Aruba a number of times.

I'll pass on the meal.  My alternative is Chilled Mixed Berry Soup, Watermelon Cocktail and Chicken Kiev as served on MS Amsterdam April 13, 2014.

Wow, this would normally be my first or second post of the day and it's almost dinner time.

Roy

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

do you take Lisinopril for blood pressure by any chance?  It's well-known to cause a cough (I won't take it because I had an annoying cough when taking it).  

For some people--I was one--the cough stops after about a month. I'm no longer taking lisinopril, but for another reason.

• Like 10

Posted (edited)

I spent some time in the Nap Room this afternoon getting a few zzz's in.  Sleep maintenance. I did a couple loads of laundry today and did a lot of cross stitching so a productive day all in all.

9 hours ago, TAW1963 said:

image.png.fe5f1a925efcfde2983aa85f3ca6f0aa.png

That's a beauty!  I like the wheels too.

8 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Good Saturday Morning Dailyites! Computer says it 53 and sunny. DH had to run to the bank this morning, and he said, whatever, it's cold out!  Our windy days just don't stop.  

The guy is supposed to come today to fix the hole in the driveway.  I hope he fixes the whole hole, which is now a foot deep.  The plan is to dig up the driveway up to where the initial crack is, and then to where below the hole is, and fill in with sand, gravel and then pour concrete on top. 

I'm pretty sure that our neighbor who shares a side by side driveway will be happy for us not to use his anymore, and I just hope it lasts long enough until our final move.  BUT he was supposed to be here an hour ago.  

So far all I can say about the very pregnant tiny cat on the porch is, that she is lonely for all the male companionship she has had for months, and that no vet is available to perform a kitten abortion at this time, that she does use her litter box, she eats, and she is very nervous.  She hisses through the glass at the orange boys, and remembers Tigger from her time on the streets.

Looks like kittens are in my future.

Tigger is like having a moving dishwasher, if you put a plate down and turn your back, well,  the meal is gone.  He doesn't care what it is.  Today he had peanut butter, and butter with crumbs from a whole wheat english muffin.

I read the end of yesterdays Daily, @RMLincoln what a long hard day you had yesterday, but being with family is so important, and stepping in to help with calls, and texts and hugs was so important.  Bless you.  And how wonderful that your DH's vision is now good enough that he can drive!

Plans for today?  Putz around the house, do laundry, clean up piles of paper, pay bills, go to the post office, (well I may put that off until Monday, so that I actually have something planned for the afternoon.) DH has a PET scan on Monday Morning.

a356c2d6425949fc29bbd168d1279259--minion.jpg

203896-Good-Morning-Happy-Saturday-Minio

8d2b9d6b9644be6a64fde03b9d0207e3--minions-minions-funny-minion.jpg

I hope the driveway is fully repaired now.  Good luck to Chuck on Monday with his PET scan.

7 hours ago, atexsix said:

Good Morning,

Thanks for all the thoughts, prayers, and kind words.  I slept about 4 hours with the cat waking me at 5, not a bad thing, Dad was a night owl and during the course of his illness it was important that my schedule match his, I'm happy I can get back to my early to bed early to rise routine.  

My Mom and her husband will be over today to bring the groceries that they were planning on dropping off anyway, as it was difficult for me to leave even for a moment. The funeral director is supposed to be calling.  And I'm continuing the depressing task of locating friends on Dad's phone that I'm not aware of.  

Dad's priest assured me yesterday that the schedule next week is wide open and not to worry about the details, he said the backup is usually with the cemetery, so that'll need to be scheduled and then we'll work backward from there.  I'm assuming the funeral home handles those arrangements, I would hope they did for the prices they charge.  

Tomorrow I need to go out and find some clothes for him to wear, we've had nothing but hospital attire for the last two years, the few clothing items of Dad's that I still have most definitely will not fit, even though I've heard funeral homes can sometimes work their magic.  

So again thanks so much for the outpouring of condolences, it means so much to me.

All the best,

Bruno

Bruno, I know this time is a very busy one with all the planning involved.  You will get through it and everything will be just the way DD would have wanted it.  Remember to take some time for yourself.  Hugs sent your way.🤗

7 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

I remember that day!  It was a lot of fun.  That was our third visit to Aruba out of 5 in total.  First was in 2008 on Celebrity Galaxy.  Aruba was actually our very first cruise port call ever!  Since then we have visited on Zuiderdam, Oosterdam, and Koningsdam twice.  I hope we can go back again but DW is anti long distance flights, so we will have to negotiate.

@atexsixsorry to read about the loss of your dad.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Glad Aruba brings back such great memories!  DH is getting to be the same way with long distance flights.

6 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

When I woke up this morning I heard a noise downstairs.  Unfortunately it was the Eufy Robovac running around again (when we came home from being away for 3 months we found it in the middle of the living room with a dead battery). 😉  It's only the 3rd time it's done this since we got it last year, so not sure what to do.  After Googling it, I found that others have had the same problem.  I only bought it because my sister raved about hers...but I'm thinking it's more trouble than it's worth!  😅

Good selection of days.  My sister and I play Scrabble at family gatherings, and it can get quite rowdy. 😉  Will pass on the food, drink and red wine.  Not a big fan of the Caribbean, we've been to Oranjestad only once.  Thank you Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser and Sandi @StLouisCruisers for the great photos.

Yesterday I got all 4 bags unpacked other than DH's clothes (he's working yesterday and today at the Mariners games) and got the laundry done.  So today it's gardening!  Today and tomorrow are supposed to be very nice -- I may even visit the nursery to pick up some annuals.

Welcome to the Daily @ORTravelGal!  We're happy to have you here.

Sandi @StLouisCruisers do you take Lisinopril for blood pressure by any chance?  It's well-known to cause a cough (I won't take it because I had an annoying cough when taking it).  

Bon Voyage Maxine @AncientWanderer!

@Cruzin Terri I'm very sorry to hear about the death of your friend Anita. 

Bruno @atexsix Condolences on the death of your Dad.  You were an amazing, loving caregiver.

Melanie @puppycanducruise Condolences on the death of your friend.

Welcome home @ocean sounds, @SusieKIslandGirl and @Heartgrove!

No blood pressure medications for me.  Usually it's at a safe level though when I go to the doctor's office it does rise 20 points!  DH used to take Lisinopril but he never had the cough problem.

6 hours ago, Hogladyrider said:

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2024/04/12/12-people-injured-including-one-critically-after-shuttle-bus-loses-control-near-honolulu-pier/?outputType=amp&fbclid=IwAR3Hv4mPoUmMg1McGZsfIlFIIb1nQVV6op3en91rGnfgKzOotIb1LLICy38_aem_AYo-2LNFwAsqXgIK8vRJOCb2YXKzUAaysU6V6NG67_-BEDqy5DNK17YA6rGuLgYVlTU-TFH4ZoIkHrFtirF37ATj

I read this with my morning coffee, VERY sad.  It hit home even harder because we were just in Honolulu in February on the Koningsdam with several other Dailyites.

Welcome to all new folks.  I can say that this is the MOST welcoming GROUP I have encountered anyplace.  It doesn't matter if you are a lurker or a poster everyone is so kind unlike many other places.

Prayers for all those in need.  

We have begun our summer workamping gig and we love it.  Same place as last summer as we were asked to return.  I have 3 cruises booked for 2025 that this summer gig will fund!

Happy Saturday to everyone....remember memories last a lifetime, stuff does not!

That story is really sad in Honolulu.  I feel terrible for the victims especially the family of the lady who died.  🙏

5 hours ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all!  We enjoyed a couple of visits to Aruba, along with sighting a water spout! 
@AncientWanderer  Bon Voyage!   I think I’m just a little excited for you!  Such a fabulous destination! 
@puppycanducruise so sorry to hear your news!  Gone way too young! Such a nasty disease. 
@smitty34877 glad to hear Tana is maintaining and they allowed the nurse to park nearby.  As if you need any more challenges! 
@atexsix condolences Bruno on th d loss of your dad,such a big loss! 
@ORTravelGalwelcome! 
I’ll add to the muscle car, my first car purchase was a 65 Mustang convertible with a 289 Cobra Jet 4 speed stick

IMG_4221.jpeg

Nice one Brenda!  My twin bought a '65 Mustang for her first car.  It definitely wasn't a convertible though.  Amazing when we look at the photos of ourselves as young adults.  Sometimes it's hard to recognize ourselves!

4 hours ago, bennybear said:

I too wasn’t old enough to buy mine new,  the one I wish I’d have kept was my 1970 Mach one 351 Cleveland. Lucky you to have them! 

IMG_2567.jpeg

I think a lot of us would have loved to keep the first muscle car we owned.  I had to sell mine to my Dad when I got married because as young newlyweds paying college tuition we could only afford one car payment.  DH had a 1968 Firebird 350 HO.  He would love to still have it but we sold it when our DD was less than a year old.  It was the adult thing to do.  

3 hours ago, richwmn said:

Rich

Thanks for taking the time from your cruise to update things, Rich.

2 hours ago, kazu said:

I hope you both enjoy your cruise together and forget about "work"!  It's almost impossible to keep the ship locations 100% accurate.

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you both Jacqui @kazu and Rich @richwmn for your dedication in making this thread as special as it is to us all.

Graham.

Amen!!

19 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Prayers 🙏 for the safety of all of our friends in Israel.

god-bless.gif

Absolutely!

Edited by StLouisCruisers
spelling
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 4

Except for the wind, today turned out to be a pretty day.  The sun came out about the time we headed to Waco, and more about that in a minute.  It was so nice, that on the way home, we put the top down on the convertible. 

As far as the wine run, it could best be described as hit or miss.  DH was looking for a particular type of wine, and he called the store to see if they had a good selection.  He was told they have a whole section of that particular type.  The whole section turned out to be less than two feet of a top shelf, with about four varieties of one brand and one variety of another brand.  We managed to pick up about 8 bottles.  We agreed that it was not a whole section though.  However, we enjoyed a nice drive through some very beautiful green countryside with a lot of wildflowers, so the trip was not a total loss.

3 hours ago, richwmn said:

Rich

Rich, there is no need to be embarrassed.  With all the ships, I would probably have more than one in the wrong place at times, and especially when on a cruise.  We appreciate all the work you do for the Fleet Report/Daily.  I can't imagine all that is entailed in finding the itineraries and then keeping up with them and any changes that are made.  

2 hours ago, LambKnuckles said:

@Vict0riann. Thank you for noticing me!   Good to see you,  too!   And thank you for your thoughts for my sister!   Hugs to your friend's loss of hubby!   It's not an easy thing,  at all!  Mine will have been gone for 20 years,  this December!

All you food looks yummy! 😋 

And,  I can't find a photo...  but my first car was NOT a muscle car...  it was compact,  French,  and hard to find a shop who would work on it with its metric parts back in the early 70s.  A Simca...  Another branch of the car company made racing cars,  but my little Simca would get me to and from Idaho from northern California,  for college!  I'd head north thru Sacramento,  to Reno,  then turn left at Winnemucca.  Lots of lonely...  deserted roads,  back then!   Only AM radio. And a CB!

I am sorry your sister is battling cancer and is so far away.

@marshhawk  Annie, I hope the driveway was repaired today.  Best wishes for DH's PET scan Monday.  I hope the results do not show any surprises.

Lenda

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

No blood pressure medications for me.  Usually it's at a safe level though when I go to the doctor's office it does rise 20 points!  DH used to take Lisinopril but he never had the cough problem.

That's great Sandi! (I'm on meds and it still goes higher at the doctor's office -- "white coat syndrome" 😞)

1 hour ago, kochleffel said:

For some people--I was one--the cough stops after about a month. I'm no longer taking lisinopril, but for another reason.

I was on for much longer than a month, never stopped until I stopped that medication.  My sister has been on it for years (and still has a cough but I guess it doesn't bother her) 😉  

DD, DSIL and the grandsons are in San Diego this week for spring break.  They just sighted the Zaandam and sent me this photo. 🙂  

Zaandam.jpg.93b61732f4530b5a2aaf3c59769d8596.jpg

• Like 16