The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday April 17th, 2024

kazu

Good afternoon.

We went out for lunch to celebrate Pauline's late mam's 102nd birthday.

Sarah was poorly so she couldn't come today.

Pauline's mam always got 

Fish and chips so that's what Pauline got today.

I got my usual Mixed Grill.

Prayers for Jacqui @kazu that her foot pain starts to heal and she can enjoy her cruise in a few days time.

Happy to hear my dear friend Lambie @LambKnuckles is feeling a lot better today.

IMG_20240417_132807.jpg

IMG_20240417_132822.jpg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, kazu said:

Sorry everyone.  I haven’t been on a whole lot and apologize to all for any losses, worries or concerns I have missed.

I am just too stressed and depressed.  The foot has not become less painful and I was told to get into the doctor yesterday.  She has prescribed some stuff but very concerned and I am to see her tomorrow morning first thing.  At that time, I will be advised if I can go on the cruise or not.  I’m supposed to be leaving Friday.  Had no heart to pack any further yesterday. 

To say I am depressed is an understatement.  

I'm sorry Jacqui - somehow I missed, or have forgotten, what you did to your foot that's causing you such trouble.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  Ellis Island was such an important place for so many families who were seeking a new and better life.  I wasn't a mustang girl, my pride and joy was a 1973 AMC Javelin; it had a 360 V8 that went v-e-r-y fast!  

I'm back, and after returning home through rain that changed to snow, I was able to speed read through last week's posts.  WOW, did I miss a lot!

First of all, my heartfelt condolences to @atexsix, @puppycanducruise and @Mr. Boston on your losses.  

@Gsel and @LambKnuckleswelcome to the Daily; it's always nice to see new people join the group.

@kazuOh my, you poor thing!  I'm sending healing vibes and good thoughts for your medical appt tomorrow; you just can't seem to catch a break!

@superoma congratulations on the new little one to cuddle and welcome to little Laine Alanna!

@kochleffel and @marshhawk we're going to have to special order bubble wrap online and have it delivered to the two of you!

While in Calgary I received word that my best friend from high school (we were inseparable, as we were two Gerry's - she was Gerrie though - and were each other's bridesmaids/matrons of honour at our weddings) had passed away from a brief battle with cancer.  And a day later, another friend from high school texted me to say another classmate had died of ALS.  Sad, but we're reaching that stage of our lives where we're having to say goodbye to dear friends and just cherish the memories of time spent together.

We had a great time in Calgary with our family; it was a whirlwind of activity.  The birthday boy said he'd rather have 2 gifts and a meal at the restaurant of his choice, than a regular birthday party, so that's what happened.  He received 2 large Lego sets (one of the flower bouquets designed for 18+, and a Star Wars set), and we went to a great sushi restaurant for the celebration.  Of course we took the little one (age 4) from his daycare to we could spend time with him, and went shopping.  You forget how exciting life is for a 4 year old just driving down the freeway:  "Grandma, look, a dump truck!  An ambulance!  A garbage truck!  A police car with his lights and sirens going past us!"  Thankfully the latter went past us.  LOL  When we got up yesterday morning we were greeted with about 4 inches of wet, heavy snow; it took DH almost 30 minutes to get the car cleared off so we could leave.  Along the drive (6 hours) we encountered rain, snow, rain, sleet, and finally more rain as we drove into Saskatoon.  This morning we woke up to everything covered in white thick heavy snow, just like yesterday's in Calgary and we're expecting to have it continue for the next 48 hours, dropping a possible 15cm's (6") when it's done.  Sigh.  Springtime on the "frozen tundra".

Today we have to get groceries (as I cleaned out the fridge before we left) to pick up essentials, and then it's time to do the laundry.  Mundane, but back to our routine again.  While we were away I did manage to make 3 more blankets (our oldest had watched a crocheting demo on You Tube and asked if he could help with a few stitches - he did an admirable job for a novice!), and was able to stop at the Walmarts along our trip both ways to purchase more yarn, so I'm set for a while now.

I'd like to try the drink, am pretty sure I'd like the wine, an oh my, I'd love to try the pie.  I do like rhubarb pie - as does DH, so I'm going to take a close look at those recipes.  First night home means we're going to have a simple meal - panko crusted air fried salmon, mini baked potatoes and coleslaw will be what's happening at our kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in pain, in turmoil, and in wars.  Cheers to all who have celebrations going on today.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 27
  • Thanks 5

24 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Eva, it makes more sense to me trying to take control of your own Constitution but surprising it took so long to get there!  Congratulations to the family on the new addition, Laine Alanna!  I hope she will be home from the hospital very soon, along with her Mom.  What a nice photo of you with the '69 Mustang convertible.  I may be a Camaro girl but my twin did have a '65 Mustang for her first car as I mentioned the other day.  In those days you either liked Fords or Chevys and never switched sides. 🚗

Nancy I love the photo of your DD with his siblings and Mother!!

The problem was the provinces couldn’t decide on how amendments would be handled and yes, it took an abnormally long time to finally repatriate it! 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  Ellis Island was such an important place for so many families who were seeking a new and better life.  I wasn't a mustang girl, my pride and joy was a 1973 AMC Javelin; it had a 360 V8 that went v-e-r-y fast!  

I'm back, and after returning home through rain that changed to snow, I was able to speed read through last week's posts.  WOW, did I miss a lot!

First of all, my heartfelt condolences to @atexsix, @puppycanducruise and @Mr. Boston on your losses.  

@Gsel and @LambKnuckleswelcome to the Daily; it's always nice to see new people join the group.

@kazuOh my, you poor thing!  I'm sending healing vibes and good thoughts for your medical appt tomorrow; you just can't seem to catch a break!

@superoma congratulations on the new little one to cuddle and welcome to little Laine Alanna!

@kochleffel and @marshhawk we're going to have to special order bubble wrap online and have it delivered to the two of you!

While in Calgary I received word that my best friend from high school (we were inseparable, as we were two Gerry's - she was Gerrie though - and were each other's bridesmaids/matrons of honour at our weddings) had passed away from a brief battle with cancer.  And a day later, another friend from high school texted me to say another classmate had died of ALS.  Sad, but we're reaching that stage of our lives where we're having to say goodbye to dear friends and just cherish the memories of time spent together.

We had a great time in Calgary with our family; it was a whirlwind of activity.  The birthday boy said he'd rather have 2 gifts and a meal at the restaurant of his choice, than a regular birthday party, so that's what happened.  He received 2 large Lego sets (one of the flower bouquets designed for 18+, and a Star Wars set), and we went to a great sushi restaurant for the celebration.  Of course we took the little one (age 4) from his daycare to we could spend time with him, and went shopping.  You forget how exciting life is for a 4 year old just driving down the freeway:  "Grandma, look, a dump truck!  An ambulance!  A garbage truck!  A police car with his lights and sirens going past us!"  Thankfully the latter went past us.  LOL  When we got up yesterday morning we were greeted with about 4 inches of wet, heavy snow; it took DH almost 30 minutes to get the car cleared off so we could leave.  Along the drive (6 hours) we encountered rain, snow, rain, sleet, and finally more rain as we drove into Saskatoon.  This morning we woke up to everything covered in white thick heavy snow, just like yesterday's in Calgary and we're expecting to have it continue for the next 48 hours, dropping a possible 15cm's (6") when it's done.  Sigh.  Springtime on the "frozen tundra".

Today we have to get groceries (as I cleaned out the fridge before we left) to pick up essentials, and then it's time to do the laundry.  Mundane, but back to our routine again.  While we were away I did manage to make 3 more blankets (our oldest had watched a crocheting demo on You Tube and asked if he could help with a few stitches - he did an admirable job for a novice!), and was able to stop at the Walmarts along our trip both ways to purchase more yarn, so I'm set for a while now.

I'd like to try the drink, am pretty sure I'd like the wine, an oh my, I'd love to try the pie.  I do like rhubarb pie - as does DH, so I'm going to take a close look at those recipes.  First night home means we're going to have a simple meal - panko crusted air fried salmon, mini baked potatoes and coleslaw will be what's happening at our kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in pain, in turmoil, and in wars.  Cheers to all who have celebrations going on today.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

I'm sorry to hear the sad news of your high school friends Gerry.

Condolences to everyone who loved them.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Today's sunrise is from my 2018 Crystal World Cruise.  April 17 was a sea day on Crystal Serenity from Guayaquil to the Panama Canal.

dawn0417.jpg

Roy

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

Supposed to rain this afternoon so we will walk cross-campus to our 12:00 lunch meeting then maybe take the campus bus back. 

My brother had a 68 Mustang. I got several long trips in it, one cross country out to the four corners when I was 14. His daughter is on her 3rd Mustang. These are the DB and DN struggling through my DSIL’s dying days. Waiting. 

Wonderful pix of Taomina. One of the first group posted looks like it captured old Regal Princess, our second cruise ship. We had a grand tour there from Massdam’s call in Messina on the Atlantic Adventurer which we jumped onto mid-way, then did the full round-trip on Veendam. Taormina has so many layers of history from all the peoples who conquered it. Funny recent encounter: Our newest financial advisor whom we met with a few weeks ago said she was married in Taormina a few years ago, where her grandparents live.  What a setting!  

@kochleffel Thanks Paul for the canal info. We visited Erie Canal last year and houseboated  on Ridou canal from Lake Ontario Kingston not long shot, amazing histories.  Hope you are feeling better albeit slowly. 

Oh no Jacqui! Just Oh NO! 😱  Well you know the options better than most, unfortunately. I’m praying for Amazing!  Extra hugs to you. 

Annie, I hope you heal quickly!  And the new job option works out. 

Elizabeth, I barely tolerate MRIs when I must, sorry you must do two in a day. I hope they show what is needed. 

I think my grandparents from Italy bypassed Ellis Island and went through immigration on Manhattan. Maybe my Irish grandmother too before they were processing immigrants there. But someone in the Italian side bought a brick which I’ve seen. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Blessings to all the Care list, all of you and everyone’s needs near and far.  Thanks for keeping my family in your hearts and prayers during these most difficult days for us.  

Cheers to Canada!  You got a constitution before England!  

Loving the canal transit pix!  Smooth travels to all away. 
Maureen. 

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, kazu said:

Sorry everyone.  I haven’t been on a whole lot and apologize to all for any losses, worries or concerns I have missed.

I am just too stressed and depressed.  The foot has not become less painful and I was told to get into the doctor yesterday.  She has prescribed some stuff but very concerned and I am to see her tomorrow morning first thing.  At that time, I will be advised if I can go on the cruise or not.  I’m supposed to be leaving Friday.  Had no heart to pack any further yesterday. 

I am so sorry to read this. 😞 I hope it starts feeling better today and you can go on the cruise. 

• Like 21

Posted (edited)

@grapau27 Hugs to your sweet wife Pauline on her mam's Heavenly Birthday. I hope your Sarah is feeling better. Xx

Also, I printed a copy of the poem you posted and gave it to my best friend. She lost her husband to covid 4 years ago.

Edited by Seasick Sailor
add on
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Good Wednesday Morning Dailyites!  It is currently 73 and going up to 84.  I am very grateful I ended up not going down head first instead of butt land.  The left leg is sore, from toes to butt, and the only pain pill I had in the house was a baby aspirin.  DH wrapped my ankle with an ice pack, and I went to bed.  The more I lay there, the more areas of pain I found.  but nothing is broken.  Yippee.  But I kept waking up, so awake at 1:30, awake at 4 something and came back on the catch up with the night owls, and was amazed that at 4 something the powers to be had shut off comments for yesterday. Hobbled back to bed, and slept til 6:30, thought to myself, nope, not ready to get up, and then slept until 9:30.  Made coffee, fed cats, checked in on momma Munchkin and the babies.(  Ok, the babies. One is white and black, one is gray, and two are mostly black.  So total of 4.) Then sat down, slurped some coffee read the posts from this morning, got dressed, drove over to the house next door, and walked the dog.  Drove back up the driveway, grabbed more coffee and came back to the daily.

Welcome @Gsel and @TAW1963

@superoma Wishing Laine Alanna a wonderful life!  And I agree how great to let Mom stay at the hospital with her.  

@ger_77Welcome home.  Sorry about your weather, but I do see that Canada is sick of winter, so it's sending it south this weekend. I am sorry about the loss of your friends.  To me there are 4 loss times, our grandparents, our parents, our friends, and then well, us.

I do have a zillion things to do, but think I will just crash in the guest room and watch TV this afternoon, or get that nap I didn't get yesterday.

@kazuI am so sorry that you are depressed over this foot business.  I too have no idea how you injured yourself, but I hope that your doc can find you an instant cure.  If there is something that medically needs to be addressed daily, then perhaps your doc will let you go, and you can visit the medical care center everyday to have their doc care for you.  Costly, but if necessary would keep you on the cruise. However, if this if life threatening, then you need to take care of you right now.  Hugs being sent your way.

Well, this is all my brain, and body can handle right now.

1dbbe119f41698ba7e45ea96f9706f68.jpg

349423ec6569ad7d87bc29b18a47c60d--minions.jpg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

Nieuw Statendam has just departed Cobh on her way to St Peter's Port.  It was really strange standing beside the ship and knowing that we cannot board her until Sunday!

We met @Vict0riann Ann and Pat at the Cobh Heritage Centre which is just at the exit of the port gates and shares a building with the train station.  We drove up to St Coleman's Cathedral for a visit and then went to the Titanic Memorial Gardens.  Then a light lunch before they returned to the ship.  

We actually paused for a photo op at the Annie Moore statue at the port gates, which commemorates the first arrival processed at Ellis Island in 1892

20240417_133301.thumb.jpg.7aaf3c781d6fd1a3e156d1ff640bcc5d.jpg

I just noticed that Ellen was getting very friendly with Pat 😄

Here we all are after our lunch, posing against the mural inside the restaurant.  The mural represents the actual outside of the restuarant and neighbouring buildings 

rra20240417_130506.thumb.jpg.2f7fc94f7805d55f1b78b1a727f700e2.jpg

@kazu Jacqui, we really hope that you can overcome your pain and anguish.  Stay strong.

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 31
  • Thanks 2

Good morning all!

We'll have 3 days of beautiful sunshine and temps up to the mid 60's -- yay!  

Yesterday I had to laugh -- I always hang a windsock and change it for the season/holiday.  After hanging it yesterday, it set off the security camera every time the breeze made it move.....hanging them involves getting up on a ladder, so out came the ladder again so I could move it (DH was working)  Thankfully he'll be home to help me hang the heavy Fuchsia this week.  That's something I won't do alone.  🙂  

I don't think anyone in our family has ever had a Mustang.  Will pass on the drink, red wine and Rhubarb pie.  I would love pie for a meal, just not Rhubarb.  We've been to Taormina a few times and have a lot of photos, but they would be too much like Sandi's and Lenda's so will pass on posting them.

The latest I heard about Amber is that she had a stroke while in the hospital -- no other news yet today.  But BFF is overwhelmed, I'm sure, with the Grandkids and just everything.  Those poor kids 😞  I appreciate the prayers!

Jacqui @kazu I'm SO sorry to hear that your foot isn't any better and that you may have to cancel your cruise 😞  Prayers that everything gets much better and you get better news from your doctor.

@LambKnuckles Glad to hear you're feeling better!  Those coughs can certainly linger on.

Annie @marshhawk Yikes about your fall!  I'm sorry you had a rough night with the aches and pains, and join you in the relief nothing is broken.

Gerry @ger_77 My condolences on the death of your best friend from high school and your  classmate.

Welcome to the Daily @Gsel!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, kazu said:

Oh dear Jacqui,  so sorry to hear this.  Hope things work out for the best!  Glad you went for medical assistance! Sending extra hugs!

• Like 20

We have been home for a week and finally got time to read through the Daily.  Almost missed out flight out of Taipei.  Flight was to leave at 7:40 AM and DBIL left for the airport at 5:00, so we should have had plenty of time.  Start checking for our flight to Korea and couldn't find it.  Eventually found that we were at the wrong airport; Sungshan, the original airport, rather than Touyuan, the international airport.  Grabbed a taxi, stuffed in our four suitcases and told the driver to hurry.  He drove about 20 mph over the speed limit and we made it.  He received a large tip.  Never had a Mustang, but was into Thunderbirds.  At one time I had 6 1963 t-birds.  DW said "One or two is a hobby, but six is a sickness".  Finally got down to one convertible I worked on restoring for about two years.  Working under it one day and got rust particles in my eye and decided enough is enough.  Sold it and bought a new Mazda Miata.

Found our water heater wasn't working right when we got home.  One of the heating elements had failed, so it worked, but not well.  Since it is 38 years old, decided to replace it.  Bought a new one yesterday and a plumber is scheduled to arrive at 11 today to switch them out.

Sorry to hear about Jacqui's foot pain.  Sara had hip pain all during our cruise, probably from sciatica.  Hurt so much in the morning that we had our breakfast delivered to our room every morning.  By noon she could walk with a cane and by dinner without one.  We are both scheduled to see our doctor next week for annual physicals.

Ray

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Good morning and thanks all! Will gladly celebrate Mustangs, loved Taomorina, but not Apple Jack🤢  

@dfish YUM,   Thank you! 

Well the snow is back again!  And again. Here’s yesterday in contrast to the day before,  who knows what tomorrow may bring?

IMG_1170.jpeg

IMG_4424.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

My two mustangs, as I won’t count the mustang 2!   A 65 289 Cobrajet 4 speed convertible and my 70 Mach one 351 fastback.   I actually did get to ride in a Shelby!   Apologies for the multiple posts

IMG_0370.jpeg

IMG_2567.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@grapau27 Hugs to your sweet wife Pauline on her mam's Heavenly Birthday. I hope your Sarah is feeling better. Xx

Also, I printed a copy of the poem you posted and gave it to my best friend. She lost her husband to covid 4 years ago.

Hugs to your best friend Joy.

Hopefully the poem helps her.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Good afternoon. Thanks for the FR/Daily @kazu @richwmn and maps @rafinmd.

No one here to Blah, blah, blah. I don't know if any of my distant relatives came through Ellis Island, although some African slaves apparently did. Growing up, my next door neighbor had a '64 Mustang that he told me would be mine one day, but that never happened. Interesting quote. I'll pass on the meal and drink; maybe for the wine. I haven't been to Taormina. 2 good days in history.

It's cloudy but warm here. We're supposed to get storms later today. I managed about 3 hours of sleep last night. I tried to do a little cleaning this morning, but had to sit down every few minutes. I want to go to bed early tonight, as I have to be up early (although I always am, but sometimes fall back asleep) tomorrow to take BFF for his 2nd Mohs surgery.

@Haljo1935 I hope the MRIs are helpful for your care. Nice photos from Messina.

@MISTER 67 My Pittsburgh Penguins didn't make the playoffs for the 2nd year in a row 😞.

@grapau27 Thanks for the explanations. Happy Heavenly 102nd Birthday to Pauline's late Mam. I'm sorry to hear that Sarah isn't feeling well today. 

@kazu I am so sorry to hear about your foot pain. I hope an answer can be found so that you can still cruise. No doubt you're depressed over this. Prayers for you.

@StLouisCruisers I'm sorry to hear of the death of your neighbor, and sad that she was alone. Lovely photos from Taormina.

@cat shepard They'll call on Friday with the time, I'd think.

@LambKnuckles Good news that you're feeling better.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Thanks for the Taormina photos.

@superoma Congrats on the newest family member! 

@Seasick Sailor Sorry to hear that your neighbors came back from a cruise with Covid; a good reminder, though, as most people seem to think it's gone away. 

@ottahand7 That's a great photo from years gone by.

@aliaschief Thanks for sharing your great photos of the Taj Mahal!

@ger_77 Condolences on the loss of your 2 friends from high school. I'm glad you had a good visit with the DGC and made it safely home with that bad weather. 

@marshhawk I was sad to read about your fall; I hope your soreness eases up soon. I'm surprised you were able to walk your neighbor's dog today. 

@VMax1700 Nice that you could meet with Ann and Pat. Thanks for the photos.

@Cruising-along That is sad to hear that Amber had a stroke. I hope she can recover from it. Prayers for her and the family.

@USN59-79 Welcome home! Sorry to hear of Sara's sciatica - I can relate.

@bennybear Schizophrenic weather! Great Taormina photos. And the Mustangs.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 10

@ger_77 so sorry to hear of the loss of your friend and another classmate.   Just because we’re getting older doesn’t make it any easier. Sorry you had to experience our spring snow, but glad you made it home safely! 

@superoma congratulations on the new granddaughter!  How wonderful.  

@Gsel welcome aboard! 

@marshhawk yikes, hope you feel better soon, 

I think Geri needs to put on a very large order for bubble wrap.  DH has sprained his knee, between his fall on the mud and ice and the pup getting too excited.   

Healing wishes for all! 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.  The visit to the doctor went well, but I have a new medication to add to what I'm taking.  Nothing serious was found, but he wants me to get an x-ray of a place on one finger.  He suspects a cyst, which would be left alone.  However, it if has calcified it will have to come out.  I'll get the x-ray tomorrow.  What surprised me was I hadn't been home an hour when I got a call to schedule my mammogram and bone density test.  They will be done the middle of next month at our regional hospital, and I was able to schedule them for the same time.

4 hours ago, superoma said:

Rainy start to the day but not expecting storms like parts of USA are. 

@StLouisCruiserswe didn’t get a new constitution in 1982, we brought ours home. Until then the British parliament was responsible for any amendments. We did get a new charter of rights and freedoms.

@kazui so hope the doctor can help you and will allow you to cruise. I know you are looking forward to this cruise.

well, for awhile it looked like our Red Wings would make the playoffs. Two exciting games, back to back with the Habs but not enough to get them in. 

NO Rhubarb for me. Can you tell I really don’t like it?

well, we have a baby in our extended family. My DSIL’s niece had a little baby girl yesterday, 5 weeks early. She is well but will stay in the NICU for a few more days for observation. The nice thing is they are letting the mother stay in hospital too at least until they need the bed. This is actually a good thing as the bathroom and kitchen at their house are being renovated. Job will be done in early may which was ok for the original due date of May 22. Her name is Laine Alanna. Once I get a picture I will post for the group. The mother calls us Oma and Opa (we have known her for over 20 years and she called us this as a child) so I guess we are sort of honorary Uhr Oma and Uhr Opa (great grandparents).

prayers for those that need them and a shout out to those celebrating

Eva, thanks for the correction about Canada's constitution.  I was also confused about what happened in 1982.  Congratulations on the new addition to the family, Laine Alanna.  I hope she and her mother can come home soon in spite of the renovation.

3 hours ago, cunnorl said:

Good Morning from a warm and sunny day at the beach

My grandparents and other relatives came thru Ellis Island from Ireland. They worked as maids for many years.

Blah Blah day, thats interesting.

I arrived home from Boston last nite. Wonderful visit with my family. The bride to be was totally surprised at her shower. She started crying when she saw me. Lots of laughs.  Those new babies are precious. My sisters new house on the Cape is beautiful. So a great time!

@kazu  Really hope your foot improves and you can enjoy your cruise.

@superoma  A big welcome to Laine Alana!

Have my biannual exam today and then not much on agenda. 

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

Welcome home, Charlene.  I'm glad you had a good time and a good visit with your family.

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Great photos Lenda of a port we last visited 20 years ago.

Thank you, Graham.

2 hours ago, TAW1963 said:

Just a quick picture of the Eurodam going through the Gatun Locks this morning.  

Well wishes to all in need or going through difficult times.  

My DW and I will be on the Eurodam in late September for the last sailing of the Alaska season.  

Eurodam-PC.thumb.jpg.8adbccb1f88b7225906566589e921525.jpg

Welcome to the Fleet Report/Daily.  We hope you will join us often.  Thanks for the picture of the Eurodam in the Panama Canal.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

We went out for lunch to celebrate Pauline's late mam's 102nd birthday.

Sarah was poorly so she couldn't come today.

Pauline's mam always got 

Fish and chips so that's what Pauline got today.

I got my usual Mixed Grill.

Prayers for Jacqui @kazu that her foot pain starts to heal and she can enjoy her cruise in a few days time.

Happy to hear my dear friend Lambie @LambKnuckles is feeling a lot better today.

IMG_20240417_132807.jpg

IMG_20240417_132822.jpg

Hugs to Pauline on her mam's 104th birthday.  I hope Sarah feels better soon.

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Gerry, I'm glad you made it home safely, especially with all the bad weather.  I'm glad you had quality time with the DGS.  Our condolences on the deaths of Gerrie to cancer and another classmate to ALS.  

39 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Good Wednesday Morning Dailyites!  It is currently 73 and going up to 84.  I am very grateful I ended up not going down head first instead of butt land.  The left leg is sore, from toes to butt, and the only pain pill I had in the house was a baby aspirin.  DH wrapped my ankle with an ice pack, and I went to bed.  The more I lay there, the more areas of pain I found.  but nothing is broken.  Yippee.  But I kept waking up, so awake at 1:30, awake at 4 something and came back on the catch up with the night owls, and was amazed that at 4 something the powers to be had shut off comments for yesterday. Hobbled back to bed, and slept til 6:30, thought to myself, nope, not ready to get up, and then slept until 9:30.  Made coffee, fed cats, checked in on momma Munchkin and the babies.(  Ok, the babies. One is white and black, one is gray, and two are mostly black.  So total of 4.) Then sat down, slurped some coffee read the posts from this morning, got dressed, drove over to the house next door, and walked the dog.  Drove back up the driveway, grabbed more coffee and came back to the daily.

Welcome @Gsel and @TAW1963

@superoma Wishing Laine Alanna a wonderful life!  And I agree how great to let Mom stay at the hospital with her.  

@ger_77Welcome home.  Sorry about your weather, but I do see that Canada is sick of winter, so it's sending it south this weekend. I am sorry about the loss of your friends.  To me there are 4 loss times, our grandparents, our parents, our friends, and then well, us.

I do have a zillion things to do, but think I will just crash in the guest room and watch TV this afternoon, or get that nap I didn't get yesterday.

@kazuI am so sorry that you are depressed over this foot business.  I too have no idea how you injured yourself, but I hope that your doc can find you an instant cure.  If there is something that medically needs to be addressed daily, then perhaps your doc will let you go, and you can visit the medical care center everyday to have their doc care for you.  Costly, but if necessary would keep you on the cruise. However, if this if life threatening, then you need to take care of you right now.  Hugs being sent your way.

Well, this is all my brain, and body can handle right now.

1dbbe119f41698ba7e45ea96f9706f68.jpg

349423ec6569ad7d87bc29b18a47c60d--minions.jpg

Annie, I hope your pain improves soon.  If not, maybe a trip to the urgent care to see what else can be done.

38 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Nieuw Statendam has just departed Cobh on her way to St Peter's Port.  It was really strange standing beside the ship and knowing that we cannot board her until Sunday!

We met @Vict0riann Ann and Pat at the Cobh Heritage Centre which is just at the exit of the port gates and shares a building with the train station.  We drove up to St Coleman's Cathedral for a visit and then went to the Titanic Memorial Gardens.  Then a light lunch before they returned to the ship.  

We actually paused for a photo op at the Annie Moore statue at the port gates, which commemorates the first arrival processed at Ellis Island in 1892

20240417_133301.thumb.jpg.7aaf3c781d6fd1a3e156d1ff640bcc5d.jpg

I just noticed that Ellen was getting very friendly with Pat 😄

Here we all are after our lunch, posing against the mural inside the restaurant.  The mural represents the actual outside of the restuarant and neighbouring buildings 

rra20240417_130506.thumb.jpg.2f7fc94f7805d55f1b78b1a727f700e2.jpg

@kazu Jacqui, we really hope that you can overcome your pain and anguish.  Stay strong.

Have a great day everyone!

Colin, thanks for the pictures of you, Ellen, Ann and Pat.  We've met Ann and Pat, but it's nice to have faces to go with your names.

33 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

We'll have 3 days of beautiful sunshine and temps up to the mid 60's -- yay!  

Yesterday I had to laugh -- I always hang a windsock and change it for the season/holiday.  After hanging it yesterday, it set off the security camera every time the breeze made it move.....hanging them involves getting up on a ladder, so out came the ladder again so I could move it (DH was working)  Thankfully he'll be home to help me hang the heavy Fuchsia this week.  That's something I won't do alone.  🙂  

I don't think anyone in our family has ever had a Mustang.  Will pass on the drink, red wine and Rhubarb pie.  I would love pie for a meal, just not Rhubarb.  We've been to Taormina a few times and have a lot of photos, but they would be too much like Sandi's and Lenda's so will pass on posting them.

The latest I heard about Amber is that she had a stroke while in the hospital -- no other news yet today.  But BFF is overwhelmed, I'm sure, with the Grandkids and just everything.  Those poor kids 😞  I appreciate the prayers!

Jacqui @kazu I'm SO sorry to hear that your foot isn't any better and that you may have to cancel your cruise 😞  Prayers that everything gets much better and you get better news from your doctor.

@LambKnuckles Glad to hear you're feeling better!  Those coughs can certainly linger on.

Annie @marshhawk Yikes about your fall!  I'm sorry you had a rough night with the aches and pains, and join you in the relief nothing is broken.

Gerry @ger_77 My condolences on the death of your best friend from high school and your  classmate.

Welcome to the Daily @Gsel!

Carolyn, I'm sorry the latest new about Amber is she had a stroke in the hospital.  I hope she can recover without any damage and can get her blood pressure under control  I hope your BFF has help and support during this time.

15 minutes ago, USN59-79 said:

We have been home for a week and finally got time to read through the Daily.  Almost missed out flight out of Taipei.  Flight was to leave at 7:40 AM and DBIL left for the airport at 5:00, so we should have had plenty of time.  Start checking for our flight to Korea and couldn't find it.  Eventually found that we were at the wrong airport; Sungshan, the original airport, rather than Touyuan, the international airport.  Grabbed a taxi, stuffed in our four suitcases and told the driver to hurry.  He drove about 20 mph over the speed limit and we made it.  He received a large tip.  Never had a Mustang, but was into Thunderbirds.  At one time I had 6 1963 t-birds.  DW said "One or two is a hobby, but six is a sickness".  Finally got down to one convertible I worked on restoring for about two years.  Working under it one day and got rust particles in my eye and decided enough is enough.  Sold it and bought a new Mazda Miata.

Found our water heater wasn't working right when we got home.  One of the heating elements had failed, so it worked, but not well.  Since it is 38 years old, decided to replace it.  Bought a new one yesterday and a plumber is scheduled to arrive at 11 today to switch them out.

Sorry to hear about Jacqui's foot pain.  Sara had hip pain all during our cruise, probably from sciatica.  Hurt so much in the morning that we had our breakfast delivered to our room every morning.  By noon she could walk with a cane and by dinner without one.  We are both scheduled to see our doctor next week for annual physicals.

Ray

Ray, I was also a T-bird girl, and liked the boxy early 4 passenger t-birds in the late 50s.  Sadly, I never owned one.  I'm glad you are home safely, and glad you did not miss your flight.

2 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

No one here to Blah, blah, blah. I don't know if any of my distant relatives came through Ellis Island, although some African slaves apparently did. Growing up, my next door neighbor had a '64 Mustang that he told me would be mine one day, but that never happened. Interesting quote. I'll pass on the meal and drink; maybe for the wine. I haven't been to Taormina. 2 good days in history.

It's cloudy but warm here. We're supposed to get storms later today. I managed about 3 hours of sleep last night. I tried to do a little cleaning this morning, but had to sit down every few minutes. I want to go to bed early tonight, as I have to be up early (although I always am, but sometimes fall back asleep) to take BFF for his 2nd Mohs surgery.

@MISTER 67 My Pittsburgh Penguins didn't make the playoffs for the 2nd year in a row 😞.

@grapau27 Thanks for the explanations. Happy Heavenly 102nd Birthday to Pauline's late Mam. I'm sorry to hear that Sarah isn't feeling well today. 

@kazu I am so sorry to hear about your foot pain. I hope an answer can be found so that you can still cruise. No doubt you're depressed over this. Prayers for you.

@StLouisCruisers I'm sorry to hear of the death of your neighbor, and sad that she was alone. Lovely photos from Taormina.

@Seasick Sailor Sorry to hear that your neighbors came back from a cruise with Covid; a good reminder, though, as most people seem to think it's gone away. 

@ger_77 Condolences on the loss of your 2 friends from high school. I'm glad you had a good visit with the DGC and made it safely home with that bad weather. 

@marshhawk I was sad to read about your fall; I hope your soreness eases up soon. I'm surprised you were able to walk your neighbor's dog today. 

@Cruising-along That is sad to hear that Amber had a stroke. I hope she can recover from it. Prayers for her and the family.

Vanessa, I hope you get more sleep tonight.  Best wishes for an easy MOHS procedure for BFF tomorrow.

Yesterday afternoon, it brightened up enough for me to get a couple of pictures of my iris.  They are blooming better this year, especially in the flowerbed near the street.  They still are not blooming as well or as early as others down the street, and those came from thinning my original iris many years ago.  I also had one stalk that broke off after it had bloomed once.  We stuck it in a glass of water, and not only did the bloom last, but two of the three other buds bloomed.  I finally had to throw it out yesterday after more than a week.

20240416_135714.thumb.jpg.0de7fa7bb0cc026e579fb07980dcd7ea.jpg

20240416_135744.thumb.jpg.b74769d7200cdc7a9acedfc4b83d3878.jpg

Lenda

• Like 21
  • Thanks 8

4 hours ago, cruising sister said:

Good morning,

It looks like another beautiful day with less wind.  yesterday’s gusts nearly swept me off my feet. I need to get motivated to unpack the Luggage Forward bags. I shoved them in the office on Friday and I keep forgetting about them. 

Jacqui I am sorry to hear about your foot. I missed what the problem is but the pain of possibly missing another cruise must be awful. 

I am off to meet a friend for breakfast. Hopefully I will get down to unpacking when I get home. 

Prayers for all!

I am still have one bag to go.... it is in my bedroom and I carefully walk around it. Hope I can get it done this afternoon. Nothing like procrastination.

Susan

• Like 17
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

It's cloudy but warm here. We're supposed to get storms later today. I managed about 3 hours of sleep last night. I tried to do a little cleaning this morning, but had to sit down every few minutes. I want to go to bed early tonight, as I have to be up early (although I always am, but sometimes fall back asleep) tomorrow to take BFF for his 2nd Mohs surgery.

Jazzy, I have chap in my golf group who is a Penguin fan and I gave him the business this morning. 

• Like 11