The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday July 23rd, 2024

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

In 2009 we took B2B Alaska cruises which started out in Vancouver.  Upon arrival at the airport we tried the SkyTrain to downtown for the first time.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

Leaving on Sapphire Princess the following day.

In 2010 we did more coastal cruises, staying in Vancouver at a hotel for about 3 days in between them.  We got to do a lot of walking to new places, and old.  Here we are crossing a bridge to Granville Island.

Besides restaurants there are plenty of veggie stands and flower markets.

Nice views of the city from there.

The next day we took in the scenery on our way to Chinatown.

Then got to see some lovely gardens at Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Park

On our final day we visited this Inukshuk display

A great city to see any time of the year.

Very interesting and informative photos Sandi.

Thank you for sharing them.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

The vet visit was fine, and under a hundred bucks.  Not by much.They needed a urine sample, and had to squeeze her to get it,  She is not happy right now.  

I thought at first that sprinkles was referring to rain.  Instead it's those wonderful crunchy ice cream toppings, in Boston they call them Jimmies.  My grandfather and I used to walk down Commonwealth in Cambridge to Brighams and get coffee ice cream cones with Jimmies.  

I have been to Vancouver twice, once as the debarkation port, (when BFF treated to us to a wonderful day with a private limo and lots of high mountain places) and as an embarkation port, where we spend 5 full days wandering the city.  So lets start with the one day visit-

Our driver really wanted to drive us around and show us where all the famous people lived, after being on a ship surrounded by people we opted out on this part of the tour...in fact begged him to not bother.

Chinatown-

image.thumb.jpeg.57cb64f6a33045829a97f6975790105d.jpeg

Totems in Stanley Park

image.thumb.jpeg.b27fbbc9338a6a89b96e3310fad01755.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.5058bb31d04d0efdf7f0608a2c581576.jpeg

The harbour lighthouse

image.thumb.jpeg.d08d13d3d3304a0ba4b1ab5afaff3c07.jpeg

Views from mountain one-did I tell you I hate heights, when swinging in a cable car?  I told BFF and DH to sit down, and stop moving!  Panic attack!  Once on land no matter how high, I am OK.

image.thumb.jpeg.8512bac9814e03ba809639fe24b51a3b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.fd3488b1a94affe7f04957a06e1723e8.jpeg

View from mountain two- the guys went further up on those itty bitty ski left to go up into the wind turbine- I got a different view from the ground.

image.thumb.jpeg.7063319cb120f095ce3d0e38a4187451.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.17a1dac35a47fe03792265a56ad1bbc2.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.f9f6d68d9a80e0e7f4f817354b673a39.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.db563499596777b5c97d3a9bd7737b0a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.dca65152dc253d424e28153efd3f38bb.jpeg

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 32
  • Thanks 6

Posted (edited)

Hoping this works - I had to restart part 2.

This time we spend time in town, for several days

We visited the Maritime Museum (the one that is south of town) this is a view from the museum.

image.thumb.jpeg.b63c4b5640986f1c695800395b9bbad8.jpeg

We went to Granville, and ate our way through the afternoon.  I had my vacation NA beer-

image.thumb.jpeg.19fe6798f2a983b99cc105abf504158c.jpeg

OUr full day excursion to Victoria and the Butchart Gardens- in the rain,

image.thumb.jpeg.24d783327ceb379867108904e8f57ccb.jpeg

After the gardens, we could either walk through town, or visit the British Columbia Museum (where the bus would pick us up)  BFF went for a walk, and DH and I chose the museum-

image.thumb.jpeg.93eff167f848c34fba402a21d0a7c618.jpeg

yes I a a dinosaur freak!

Loved these scenes with taxidermied animals

image.thumb.jpeg.6bb8215e10145bf0a2e5dbfd9bcf1adb.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.703029cc72fcef2647f46ea2751c454e.jpeg

The next day we visited local museums in Vancouver-on the way to finding one of the art museums, we found a quiet demonstration. Or art installation, not quite sure.

image.thumb.jpeg.f5692ada60b380f1f9c43c413dd1849e.jpeg

We stayed at the Holiday Inn in town.  Close to some great inexpensive restaurants, some wild nightlife, but while wild, not noisy in this hotel. We sat out in the evenings, and watched the world go by. I would recommend this hotel.  And I would love to go back to Vancouver!

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 31
  • Thanks 7

3 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good morning to all.

Thank you to Rich @richwmn for the Fleet Report and Daily.

Thank you to Vanessa @JazzyV for the Cares and Celebration Report

And as always thank you to Debbie @dfish, Ann @cat shepard and Dixie @summer slope for your dedication to keeping us fed and hydrated.

Thank you to Graham @grapau27 for your explanation of the days we celebrate. 

There is not much to report.  My arm is feeling better without my doing much except resting it.  I am able to do more and more, but I am taking it slower.

As for the leak in the bathroom, I think it has been resolved.  The only thing left is to get someone to repaint the bathroom ceiling that now has a big brown stain on it.  It never ends!

That is for another time.

We are doing the best we can—taking one day at a time.  i really hoping that we will be able to take our cruise in November.  DH seems excited about going so we are planning to do so.  I hope it doesn’t change.  i need a break.

I know that it is another 105 days since they keep telling us that it is that long to Election Day.  That is the day we plan to leave for Miami.  So that is my cruise countdown clock.

Hope everyone has a great day.

God Bless,

Terri

Glad leak is fixed. Do you know the song "The Gasman Commeth"? I"ll be @grapau27knows it. Will try to find the words to it.... it keeps running through my head....  a list of never ending repairs.

Susan

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, everyone!

Nerve ablation went very well and the pain radiating down my left leg is gone at the moment.  Let's hope it stays that way.  My instructions from the nurse said to sit on the patio and drink coffee all day.   I can manage that.   We went out to breakfast after the procedure and stopped by the store to stock up on vegetables.  Lots of good brussels sprouts to tide us over.  

@summer slope  Hope it is a great one!

HappyBirthday3.jpg.8fbd06b5e4efdbfcd8160df160f5f666.jpg

@kazu great to see you posting!  We missed you and hope things are improving.

Well, zucchini bread.  I told you zucchini was the new butternut squash.  Here is a recipe for one without nuts.  Better than ever zucchini bread

zucchinibread1.thumb.jpg.dd9261aea9b1b131a119fd47bdcabed1.jpg

This one adds in some walnuts for flavor and texture.  Zucchini Bread

zucchinibread2.thumb.jpg.36ef59ae3779630d0ce37a7aadb61b59.jpg

Ok, chocolate lovers, here's a double whammy.  Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread

chocolatezucchinibread.thumb.jpg.f7b3a1dd2bb249330568d611aad1a70e.jpg

And this one is special for @kochleffel.  I know Paul has been longing for butternut squash.

Butternut Squash Bread

ButternutSquashBread.thumb.jpg.e57f542639e7e1bff8e5f9ee369d8fde.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 17
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Good morning and thanks for the daily and fleet report.  Three interesting days to recognize but the first one, I completely understand!  🙂   

ScreenShot2024-07-23at07_51_41.png.4275ffcf35d89682955abad0ec122831.png

Weird quote, I do like zucchini bread, I think I will pass on the drink, wine 👍, and I have been to Vancouver many times as a child and adult.  Beautiful city. Three good days in history.

ScreenShot2024-07-21at11_29_14.thumb.png.0bf81535cec35cde880cbaa50dcb84f3.png

I crawled into bed last night around 2300 and all of a sudden thunder and a hard rain started.  It didn't last long, though.  It is definitely monsoon season, which keeps our high temps a little lower - ~100-105F.  Very pleasant, IMHO.  Thanks to all who commented on my project.  I am tremendously please the way it turned out.  

ScreenShot2024-07-21at12_34_20.thumb.png.ea657272780183f1ce671d690cf8e707.png

I think I have mastered the sourdough starter after deciding to weigh everything exactly.  After several restarts, it is now doubling/tripling in 12 hours.  So last night I started an artisan sourdough bread with all purpose flour, as I didn't have enough bread flour to make a real sourdough loaf.  The rise on it this morning is impressive, so let's see how this goes.  And I made starter discard crackers yesterday, which I loved.  This little adventure has added things to my shopping list that I never really bought much of before.  We will see!

JPEGimage-4E76-ACEE-2D-0.thumb.jpeg.0016b92d4ab6eed8d8f01bb04b551ad2.jpeg

@dfish I hope the ablation goes well!!

@summer slope Happy Birthday!!

Welcome home @Lady Hudson

@kazu I hope every day gets better - just take it easy!

Thoughts for all and cheers for those celebrating.  Have a great day!!

Edited by Nickelpenny
oops!
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

Posted (edited)
Just a couple of pictures of our second cruise with Holland America on Sep 5th 2007  on the Zaandam from Vancouver to Alaska .

Our very first cruise was in 1987 on the old Nieuw Amsterdam in the Caribbean as one of a large group of  Philips corp dealers a cruise which was so very different from the nowadays cruises and which got us getting on board a HAL ship more than just once a year .

From our window of the Fairmont Hotel across the Canada Place cruise terminal with the convention centre under construction .

image.thumb.jpeg.9cee1f60a58d0e0a2a44e2cf359c5f17.jpeg

Love Canada Place Pier which is such an iconic landmark and a truly inspirational and welcoming place .

image.thumb.jpeg.cbdbf409ee56e6d41a87e38ba61c3398.jpeg

The Pan Pacific Hotel Vancouver on the pier .

image.thumb.jpeg.3baa22016ff580d489df0aa4ef0e1465.jpeg

DW together with her DM taking it all in and waiting for our cabin to be ready for us .
Mom was so nervous being on a ship for the second time in her life . her first time was as a refugee escaping Europe after WWII ended.

image.thumb.jpeg.f8631a97225b2c71d085c97c5a15a20d.jpeg

Canada Place seen from the Zaandam , doesn't this get you in the mood to go "sailing " ?

image.thumb.jpeg.6f67ee19f2779b80636c3b2c62906064.jpeg

The Lions Gate bridge, opened in 1938 connecting Vancouver and North Vancouver . Clearance below is 61 meter .

image.thumb.jpeg.76c3b52e9a593275e766da58b5bc0543.jpeg

I possibly might find some more pictures from other Vancouver departures.

Have a wonderful day everybody and Thank You for the Daily all the contributors and the main man Rich ! @richwmn

Tony 😁😁
Edited by sailingdutchy
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 7

4 hours ago, LambKnuckles said:

...Julia: We have no choice, but to binge.  Life keeps coming and coming!!  And enjoying and living to the best we can!...

I L❤️VE this - Life does keep coming & coming and we do need to enjoy & live to the best we can.

Even on the days and during the times that seem impossible, the best is the best in that moment ️ 

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

Good morning all!

Another sunny day, only up to 72F today (and yes that's hot enough for me!) I'm loving the cooler temperatures as long as it stays sunny. 

I thought "sprinkles" referred to sprinkles of rain.  I guess I have rain on my mind since we need to get some.  As for the other sprinkles, I can take or leave them.  I'm sure we have lots of gorgeous grandmas here on the Daily.  I can take or leave zucchini bread too, but Debbie @dfish oh my on the double chocolate zucchini bread!  That I would like! 🙂  I'll pass on the drink and red wine.  

Since we live only 2 hours from Vancouver, we've been there many times, of course. Great times for concerts, dinners and weekend get-aways. We've also sailed out of and into Vancouver for Alaska and Pacific Coastal cruises.  We try to avoid it though for cruises  -- for some reason it has always been a bad experience.  The last time we vowed never to book another cruise that starts or ends in Vancouver because of all the headaches. We've had computer malfunctions that delayed boarding for hours, nightmarish traffic in and out of Vancouver, and parking garage confusion. YMMV of course.

I have photos from non-cruise visits, but nothing different from those already posted.

Happy Birthday Dixie @summer slope!  How fun that your sisters and brother surprised you!

Welcome home @Lady Hudson!

Debbie @dfish So glad the nerve ablation seems to have worked 🤞 it continues.

• Like 29

Good morning,

Happy Birthday @summer slope! Hope you have a very nice day. 

It's very pleasant outside today and not nearly as warm as it has been. This is more my comfort level. Yesterday was water aerobics, errands and laundry. Nothing too exciting. 

Today is PT then lunch out at a new place (to me) with the widows support group. I need to stop and put gas in the car and may stop at the big box store - we'll see how the day goes. 

Thursday I head to BC to see DM. She's sounding good and making progress on her healing. She stays in as she doesn't want anyone to see her black eyes and bruising. I'm picking up a long-time friend of mine of 50 years and we're going to visit with mom then head out to get scones at the local bakery and pick up lunch to go and then back again to Mom's. We don't want to tire her out. 

Have a lovely Tuesday! 

Karen

• Like 31

Good morning and Happy Tuesday. Yes, it’s hot enough, although I don’t really mind it being hot. Sprinkles are fun and Summer loves them. I try to always have some on hand for when she has ice cream. My DM is a gorgeous grandma. But I never thought of my two grandmothers as gorgeous. 😉 One scared me and the other one was a hypochondriac. 

I will pass on the drink, wine and zucchini bread. I have been to Vancouver and will post some pictures in a new post. 

Dixie @summer slope, Happy Birthday!!  Enjoy your special day! 🎈🎈🎈

Jacqui @kazu, so good to have you posting. Take it easy!  Go slow on those stairs. 

Debbie @dfish, I’m glad your procedure went well. Hoping for you to continue to be pain free. 31 days before sailing on the Zuiderdam!  Boston 4 weeks from Thursday!

Terri @Cruzin Terri, good to know that the leak is fixed. The repair can be done later. Also good to hear that your arm is feeling better. I hope you have a good day. 

Pennie @Nickelpenny, I loved the pictures of your project!  Great work!  And very creative.  Also, good luck with your starter!  Funny, just yesterday and this morning I watched several shows about creating a starter—looks so complicated!  Also watched Alton Brown make cheese crackers with discard. He also made waffles with discard. I’m sure there’s more you can make with it too. 

Have a great day!

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2

Good morning all. Happy birthday Dixie @summer slope. Thanks everyone for the morning conversations.  I had to run back to Costco this morning. Two weeks in a row when my son and I shopped, there was no bananas. Went back this morning and they were putting out the bananas. Manager said that they get bananas three times a week. On Saturdays they only got 500 cases instead of the normal 750. He is trying to get back on track. Over two thousand cases a week.  Well the song in my head is I got my bananas today.  I love zucchini bread and loved making it from over flow in the gardens. I remember people begging their neighbors to take more zucchini but now it is so expensive that it is hard to justify making bread out of the supply I get now. 

• Like 28

Posted (edited)

I was in Vancouver several times for turnaround day during my Volendam 32 day cruise from Fort Lauderdale to Vancouver, May 2023. I didn’t plan any excursions so stayed on the ship except when going to the airport after disembarking. 

Docked at Canada Place with another BHB. It was raining and I was glad I hadn’t scheduled anything. 

IMG_3322.thumb.jpeg.060ac6a791e59e24a498fdb196fa6e12.jpeg

I really enjoyed watching the planes taking off and landing. I was in the Crow’s Nest killing time before meeting with the other intransit guests for turnaround. 

Next time for turnaround the weather was gorgeous. This is the day Craig was joining me for the last 7 day Alaskan portion of the cruise. He had stayed at the tall hotel directly in the middle of this picture right across the street from Canada Place. Unfortunately, his flight the day before was delayed and he didn’t get to see as much of Vancouver as he wanted to. 

IMG_3467.thumb.jpeg.4cad3ab79f11befea5c507434d14ff07.jpeg

The Volendam!

IMG_5285.thumb.jpeg.aa284f1c083959515bf4c394dff5022b.jpeg

Craig took this while walking near his hotel:

IMG_5299.thumb.jpeg.2445f184bc48f85970f8f5a726d86a32.jpeg

I’ll look at Craig’s pictures and see if he has any different ones to share. 

Edited by Sharon in AZ
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 4

Good afternoon from a very cloudy, but dry now central Texas.  It's been a busy morning with laundry and cleaning out a couple of files.  With the latter, one thing always leads to another, and it all started with looking for one form.  

4 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  Lately it's been hot enough for us, not a real fan of sprinkles, and wish all Gorgeous Grandmas a wonderful day.

Although it's been pretty hot (for us) lately, this morning things have cooled down considerably.  We've got a temperature of 16(60), and a predicted high of 28(82), which will be nice, especially with a good breeze blowing.  Yesterday afternoon DH put the sprinklers on both front and back lawns for a number of hours and none of it ran off, so the ground is quite dry.

Awful news - just heard on the radio that the town of Jasper, Alberta and Jasper National Park is currently being evacuated due to an encroaching fire.  Here's the info:
May be an image of map and text

@summer slope wishing you a very Happy Birthday; enjoy the celebrations with your siblings - what a wonderful surprise!

@dfish sending good wishes for your ablation today.

We're heading out to have breakfast with friends we haven't seen in a long time, and after that will stop to pick up food for Sochi.  I'm hoping the appliance gremlins haven't found our house, as yesterday I noticed that a bag of coleslaw mix in the fridge had ice in it . . .   I turned up the temperature dial and hope that fixes it.  If not, well the fridge is well over 20 years old, so at this point it really doesn't owe us anything.

I've written down the drink recipe for testing purposes, would like the wine, and prefer my chocolate zucchini cake to a regular zucchini loaf.  We usually get a couple of zucchini from DH's sister that I shred and put into freezer bags for use later - they won't be ready in this part of the world until at least mid to late August.  Because it isn't going to be super hot today, I think I'll put a couple of pork chops and baby potatoes together and make a sheet pan dinner in the air fryer on the deck that we can enjoy out there tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in pain, in grief, in turmoil, in wars not of their making, and in the paths of destructive fires.  Cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Gerry, I hope they can stop the fire before it reaches Jasper and Jasper National Park.  They are such beautiful areas, and we've camped in the park.

3 hours ago, marshhawk said:

The vet visit was fine, and under a hundred bucks.  Not by much.They needed a urine sample, and had to squeeze her to get it,  She is not happy right now.  

I thought at first that sprinkles was referring to rain.  Instead it's those wonderful crunchy ice cream toppings, in Boston they call them Jimmies.  My grandfather and I used to walk down Commonwealth in Cambridge to Brighams and get coffee ice cream cones with Jimmies.  

I have been to Vancouver twice, once as the debarkation port, (when BFF treated to us to a wonderful day with a private limo and lots of high mountain places) and as an embarkation port, where we spend 5 full days wandering the city.  So lets start with the one day visit-

Our driver really wanted to drive us around and show us where all the famous people lived, after being on a ship surrounded by people we opted out on this part of the tour...in fact begged him to not bother.

Chinatown-

image.thumb.jpeg.57cb64f6a33045829a97f6975790105d.jpeg

Totems in Stanley Park

image.thumb.jpeg.b27fbbc9338a6a89b96e3310fad01755.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.5058bb31d04d0efdf7f0608a2c581576.jpeg

The harbour lighthouse

image.thumb.jpeg.d08d13d3d3304a0ba4b1ab5afaff3c07.jpeg

Views from mountain one-did I tell you I hate heights, when swinging in a cable car?  I told BFF and DH to sit down, and stop moving!  Panic attack!  Once on land no matter how high, I am OK.

image.thumb.jpeg.8512bac9814e03ba809639fe24b51a3b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.fd3488b1a94affe7f04957a06e1723e8.jpeg

View from mountain two- the guys went further up on those itty bitty ski left to go up into the wind turbine- I got a different view from the ground.

image.thumb.jpeg.7063319cb120f095ce3d0e38a4187451.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.17a1dac35a47fe03792265a56ad1bbc2.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.f9f6d68d9a80e0e7f4f817354b673a39.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.db563499596777b5c97d3a9bd7737b0a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.dca65152dc253d424e28153efd3f38bb.jpeg

Annie, I'm glad the vet visit went well.  Thanks for the lovely pictures from Vancouver.

2 hours ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone!

Nerve ablation went very well and the pain radiating down my left leg is gone at the moment.  Let's hope it stays that way.  My instructions from the nurse said to sit on the patio and drink coffee all day.   I can manage that.   We went out to breakfast after the procedure and stopped by the store to stock up on vegetables.  Lots of good brussels sprouts to tide us over.  

@summer slope  Hope it is a great one!

HappyBirthday3.jpg.8fbd06b5e4efdbfcd8160df160f5f666.jpg

@kazu great to see you posting!  We missed you and hope things are improving.

Well, zucchini bread.  I told you zucchini was the new butternut squash.  Here is a recipe for one without nuts.  Better than ever zucchini bread

zucchinibread1.thumb.jpg.dd9261aea9b1b131a119fd47bdcabed1.jpg

This one adds in some walnuts for flavor and texture.  Zucchini Bread

zucchinibread2.thumb.jpg.36ef59ae3779630d0ce37a7aadb61b59.jpg

Ok, chocolate lovers, here's a double whammy.  Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread

chocolatezucchinibread.thumb.jpg.f7b3a1dd2bb249330568d611aad1a70e.jpg

And this one is special for @kochleffel.  I know Paul has been longing for butternut squash.

Butternut Squash Bread

ButternutSquashBread.thumb.jpg.e57f542639e7e1bff8e5f9ee369d8fde.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

Debbie, I'm glad the ablation went well, and you are now pain free.  I hope it works for a long time.  Enjoy your day relaxing on the patio.  I'd like the chocolate zucchini bread, if someone would make it for me.  But, not the return of the butternut squash.  😱

1 hour ago, luvteaching said:

Good morning,

Happy Birthday @summer slope! Hope you have a very nice day. 

It's very pleasant outside today and not nearly as warm as it has been. This is more my comfort level. Yesterday was water aerobics, errands and laundry. Nothing too exciting. 

Today is PT then lunch out at a new place (to me) with the widows support group. I need to stop and put gas in the car and may stop at the big box store - we'll see how the day goes. 

Thursday I head to BC to see DM. She's sounding good and making progress on her healing. She stays in as she doesn't want anyone to see her black eyes and bruising. I'm picking up a long-time friend of mine of 50 years and we're going to visit with mom then head out to get scones at the local bakery and pick up lunch to go and then back again to Mom's. We don't want to tire her out. 

Have a lovely Tuesday! 

Karen

Karen, you are certainly keeping busy.  Enjoy your lunch with the widows group.  I'm glad your DM is doing better, and I hope she enjoys the visit Thursday.

Lenda

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Thank you everyone for your concern and comments about my nerve ablation.  There is a little pain in the left leg.  The lidocaine is wearing off from the injection sites.  They did say it could take a few weeks for full effects from the ablation, so I am not going to give up yet.  I will say that it is much less than what I had before.  The bottom line is that I have lived with it for so long, I can continue to deal with it if I have to.  

My goal is to hike Jordan Pond Trail when we are in Bar Harbor this summer.  I have wanted to hike that trail for ages.  Last summer we couldn't even get near the place because it was so over run with people.  I totally understand why the people of Bar Harbor want to limit cruise ships.  We're hoping since we're later in the season this year that the crowds will be smaller.  The time before that when I tried to hike it we had to turn back because of the pain from the stenosis.  I am determined I will make it this year if I have to scoot along the trail on my rear end.  

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Good afternoon, it's a warm and humid day here.  It's too hot for me, but, DH likes it this way.  We've had some "discussions" about the AC!  We haven't gown Zucchini for a while, so no bread here.  I am making a loaf of sourdough sandwich bread though.  I think the house temp and humidity are affecting the dough...

We were in Vancouver for our 1st cruise to Alaska.  We didn't see much, but I was very impressed when we saw the Westerdam there waiting for us!

image.thumb.jpeg.fd5d4999345156eb58747f5f327c4863.jpeg

Happy Birthday to @summer slope.  Enjoy your day!

image.jpeg.45880e6940bfa0d62798361bd761550e.jpeg

@dfishGood to hear your ablation is done, enjoy your afternoon on the patio! 

@marshhawkGood to hear the vet visit was ok!

@NickelpennyYour chest with the tiles is wonderful!  @GTVCRUISERYour tile project is also amazing! 

Prayers that the fires in Canada are contained and that everyone is safe...such a scare situation.  

Have a good day, we're skipping the park concert tonite, not our kind of music.  Karen

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Good morning, Dailyites, and thanks for the fleet report and Daily News!  Happy birthday to @summer slope, and it was good to hear from Jacqui, too.  Hope you made it up the stairs!

I don't know Vancouver well, I went to a boarding school there for three years, but didn't see much outside of the school.  It was run by nuns, but now that there are no nuns, it is an Anglican boys' school.

St. George's School (formerly the Convent of the Sacred Heart)

DSC00233.thumb.JPG.bc52c6c4f0a0886eb0a86231a3bfa36a.JPG

For the gardeners - Dr. Sun Yat-Sen garden (where Tony, @sailingdutchy and I worked on our calligraphy...

IMG_2929.thumb.JPG.c350544feb837aa07b5720a5131c1125.JPG

IMG_2933.thumb.JPG.3fd8e4804efbd6501188b89969953175.JPG

IMG_7575.thumb.JPG.67c6c362b00db226c8f2fc19206725bf.JPG

and the Van Dusen gardens

CIMG0161.thumb.JPG.163ccd739ecf478c49e14715ae7a6621.JPG

My conversation with the surgeon yesterday didn't last long, not great results on the path  report, I will discuss it further with the cancer nurses.  Maybe I made the wrong choice in opting for lumpectomy over mastectomy.  We shall see!  Anyway, then we had a nice drive up the island to Duncan for lunch with this new cousin, we talked for over two hours - DD will send her all the links to family sites.  So now we have a cousin who lives in Mexico and Arizona!

Edited by Vict0riann
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 15