What is your longest consecutive Celebrity cruise (includes B2B)?

Longest consecutive Celebrity cruise (includes B2B)  

111 members have voted

1. 1. What is your longest consecutive time onboard the same Celebrity ship (includes B2B)?

• 7 nights or fewer
    • 8 to 20 nights
    • 21-30 nights
    • 1-2 months
    • 3-4 months or more

How many nights in a row have you spent on the same Celebrity ship (including B2B)?  If a long time, wondering how you handled things such as so many duplicate shows and menus, missing family and friends, away from the comforts of your homes, etc.  My longest is 21 nights and I think that's pretty much my tipping point.  

I recently did 14 nights on Silhouette…a quick 4-night trip followed by a 10-night trip.  I could have easily done another 10-night if my budget allowed.  

15 is our longest, and apart from our dogs (who never did learn how to do Facetime), we've never been in any hurry for disembarkation at all.  So we don't have an upper limit ... yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We did 35 days last fall.  Rome--Adriatic, Rome--Mediterranean, and Rome--Ft. Lauderdale.  It was wonderful and we could have continued on.  Duplicate shows and menus were no problem.  Of course, we did need to do laundry but did that on turnaround day in Civitavecchia.  Sign us up again!!

• Like 1

35 nights.  There are so many dining options (MDR, OV, specialty, Room Service ) and the Chefs added some off menu meals that menus didn’t get old. 

We don’t do the production shows ever.  We will go to some of the guest entertainers shows and those entertainers changed at least 4 times during the B2B. 

As for “comforts of home”. At home I have to clean, do laundry, grocery shop, make my own drink and DH has to cook, do yard work, fix things I break.  Ship is my comfortable zone. 

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, canderson said:

15 is our longest, and apart from our dogs (who never did learn how to do Facetime), we've never been in any hurry for disembarkation at all.  So we don't have an upper limit ... yet.

9 for us mainly do to our cats , cat sitter does send us pictures daily. Also suites tend to get expensive 😀😀

We used to do 14 or 15 day itins to Carib.plus  a few to Europe of mostly 12 day trips ..it varied over the yrs

Yrs ago..we  did  a  15 day RT trip to Hawaii from San Pedro.. 5 sea days each way! Was great!

Sweet spot now would be  8 to 12 days.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hcat said:

We used to do 14 or 15 day itins to Carib.plus  a few to Europe of mostly 12 day trips ..it varied over the yrs

Yrs ago..we  did  a  15 day RT trip to Hawaii from San Pedro.. 5 sea days each way! Was great!

Sweet spot now would be  8 to 12 days.  

With the joys of flying now , 🤮

we really don’t want to do anything less than 10 days now 😉

• Like 2

I thought 26 days onboard Beyond was almost too many days for a b2b.  This is coming from someone who wanted to do a world cruise, at least that was on my bucket list.  Being gone for a month or longer is fine when a land stay is involved, but no world cruise for me in the future.  I also love only having to fly one way, cruising the other.  No Caribbean, along with not cruising for less than 10-11 days either.  I am picky with my vacations, as not getting any younger, but love to travel and enjoy life.  Everyone has their own sweet spot, way of traveling and expectations.  Seize the day and do what you love for as long as you can!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, phoenix_dream said:

How many nights in a row have you spent on the same Celebrity ship (including B2B)?  If a long time, wondering how you handled things such as so many duplicate shows and menus, missing family and friends, away from the comforts of your homes, etc.  My longest is 21 nights and I think that's pretty much my tipping point.  

24 nights on a southern Caribbean and TA to Spain B2B. Loved it and didn't think it was to long for us. We are contemplating 31 nights on Oceania but holding booking until we experience that line for the first time in Jan/Feb 2025.

We've never done a B2B yet.  We've done 15 nights twice (TA and S America) and will do a 17 night TP next year.  @cruisemom42, who will be on our TP, is doing it as part of a B4B from Hong Kong to Vancouver.  51 nights according to my calculation.

Back in the day  when Celebrity did the 14 night Caribbean, it was common to see someone on our roll call that would do 3 or 4 of these 14 nighters in a row to ride out the winter after Christmas.

I'm one of the crazy outliers who hasn't done a Celebrity cruise over 7 days. I've done them on other cruise lines, but not X. The music charters that favor Celebrity prefer cruises of 7 days or fewer. That's the primary reason. 

4 hours ago, canderson said:

Last year I did 13 nights on Apex TA. This year was 15 next year is 15 on Ascent followed by 11 night Mediterranean cruise on the same ship. I hope I don't get homesick as I have a hubby at home that won't be going with me.  He said he's looking for a new woman. Ha! Good Luck! 

• Haha 3

Last year we did a B2B of 8 and 6 nights.  14 days was nice but a few more would have been better.  We did have a Viking 18 day cruise to Hawaii planned for next April but canceled it and opted to go ourselves.  

Longest was a 14 night TA on EDGE.  Have a 15 night TA booked on VV for May 2025 and I am actively looking for a 10 day Mediterranean to follow that from Barcelona.  

We did 39 nights on the Edge this past spring. Out of Sydney, we did New Zealand, Australia, and then headed north to Honolulu. Fabulous. At the end, I knew it was time to go home, but I could have stayed on longer. I think it helped that we were in the same cabin for all 3 cruises.

7 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

60 days - 5 x B2B boarded in Auckland disembarked in Seattle - Total trip was 90 days the balance made up of a 2 nights in LA to break the jet lag on flying London to Auckland (didn't go exactly to plan as we both ended up in hospital for 2 nights with food poisoning)  14 day self drive tour of NZ's North Island and ended with 10 days with our grandson in Dallas.

On the cruise we went to every show in the theatre including the production shows.

Had an inside cabin with fixed dining for the first 2 sectors. Balcony for the next 3 with Select Dining. Repeat menus were not an issue - how many different meals do you eat at home? Passengers kept changing which kept things fresh. Great interaction with the crew including: free tour of the ships engine control room and other crew areas ending with a free lunch in Murano, invited to crew party (great fun) and a crew wedding reception.

I done 22 days but work keeps getting in the way of longer.  Still have a lot of time to retirement to be able to do longer. Also kind of hard when your travel mate is also on the same team as you and getting your boss to approve  extended time off. 

21 nights B2B last summer in Sunset Veranda (had to move next door) on the Apex. Norwegian Fjords and Iceland Ireland cruises. Dh said that was plenty, especially since we spent time in Amsterdam before the cruise.