Oasis Transatlantic Cruise has been cancelled

From RCCL:

Royal Caribbean

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

Yesterday, while undergoing repairs to the propulsion system in the Grand Bahama shipyard, there was an issue in the dry dock structure that caused considerable damage to the facility that will prevent us from completing the work on Oasis of the Seas. The incident also caused a construction crane to fall onto the ship resulting in damage to the Aqua Theatre and some suites. We are very grateful that there were no life-threatening injuries and everyone is recovering, as the safety of our crew and guests is always our number one priority.

Given the situation and our need to complete the scheduled maintenance, we now must reposition the ship to Cadiz, Spain which is the only facility with immediate availability for a ship her size. We are sad to share that as a result, we are forced to cancel our April 21st cruise, as we work to get the ship repaired.

We know this news is disappointing and we’re terribly sorry for the impact to your vacation. We understand a lot of time goes into planning and coordinating your cruise vacation. Therefore, we’ll provide you with the following:

You’ll receive a full refund to your original form of payment, including any non-refundable deposits by Monday, April 15th, 2019. Times may vary depending on your financial institution.
All pre-paid amenities, packages, and shore excursions will be refunded to your original form of payment within 7 - 10 business days.
Plus, if you reserved your air with our Air2Sea Program, we’ll provide you with a refund. If you didn’t book your air with us, we’ll reimburse you for non-refundable airline change fees (up to $200 per guest for Domestic flights and up to $400 per guest for International flights). Please email us your receipts to RoyalGuestRelations@rccl.com.
Given this late cancellation, we will also provide you with a Future Cruise Credit valued at 100% of your cruise fare paid on your cancelled sailing. You can expect to receive your Future Cruise Credit via email by Friday, April 5th, 2019. We hope you’ll come and experience everything that we have to offer at a later time.
If you have any questions or need assistance with finding a new cruise, please contact your Travel Advisor or your local Royal Caribbean International office.

Thank you for understanding. We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you onboard in the near future!

Sincerely,

Image did not load.

Here are some helpful answers to questions you may have.

Why is my sailing being cancelled?

Your sailing is being cancelled because unfortunately, a construction crane fell onto Oasis of the Seas and we now need additional time for these unforeseen repairs. We are terribly sorry. We know this is disappointing. Your safety, and that of our crew, is our number one priority and we need to ensure the ship is seaworthy. We do hope you find an alternate vacation option with us.

How much am I getting back because of this cancellation?

We understand that this cancellation was made last minute because of this unforeseeable circumstance, so we are providing you:

A full refund of your cruise fare paid to the original form of payment. You should see this post to your account by April 15th, 2019.
A full refund of all pre-booked Cruise Planner items to the card on file. These refunds will take about 7-10 days to post to your account.
Future Cruise Certificates in the value of 100% of your cruise fare paid. These will be available for use by Friday, April 5th, 2019.
And, if you booked your air with us through our Air2Sea Program, we will provide you with a full refund for your air.
If you didn’t book your air with us, we’ll reimburse you for non-refundable airlines change fees (up to $200 per guest for Domestic flights and up to $400 per guest for International flights).
What if my reservation had FCC’s applied?

Your refund will be issued for the full value of the Cruisefare paid.

What if I booked a shore excursion?

All pre-booked shore excursions will be refunded to the original form of payment within 7- 10 business days.

What if I booked through the non-refundable program?

You will receive a full refund of your deposit, including the non-refundable program service fee.

What about my Crown & Anchor points. Will I receive all my CAS points?

Unfortunately, since the sailing was cancelled, no Crown & Anchor points will be awarded to anyone. We truly apologize for this inconvenience.

Where/how can I send my air receipts for reimbursement?

Please submit your air change receipts via email to RoyalGuestRelations@rccl.com.

Will you be refunding my Royal Caribbean Travel Protection?

We will be withholding the amount of Royal Caribbean Travel Protection, so our guests can file claims for any additional travel costs that are not covered by our compensation.

How was my refund calculated?

All monies paid to Royal Caribbean are being refunded – with the exception of Travel Protection. Please keep in mind that if you used multiple forms of payment for your cruise, each corresponding amount will be refunded to each form of payment.

I have more questions, where can I call?

Please contact your Travel Advisor.

How do I redeem my Future Cruise Credit?

Please contact your Travel Advisor directly to redeem your Future Cruise Credit. Your Future Cruise Credit is redeemable towards cruise fare only and is not valid on Complimentary cruises, Incentive bookings, or Charter sailings. All guests are responsible for taxes and fees where applicable.

As I understand it, seems that RCCL is doing the right thing with giving the booked passengers refunds and a future cruise credit.

Of course, accidents happen and it is fortunate that no one was injured at the dry dock facility.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

From RCCL:

Royal Caribbean

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

Yesterday, while undergoing repairs to the propulsion system in the Grand Bahama shipyard, there was an issue in the dry dock structure that caused considerable damage to the facility that will prevent us from completing the work on Oasis of the Seas. The incident also caused a construction crane to fall onto the ship resulting in damage to the Aqua Theatre and some suites. We are very grateful that there were no life-threatening injuries and everyone is recovering, as the safety of our crew and guests is always our number one priority.

Given the situation and our need to complete the scheduled maintenance, we now must reposition the ship to Cadiz, Spain which is the only facility with immediate availability for a ship her size. We are sad to share that as a result, we are forced to cancel our April 21st cruise, as we work to get the ship repaired.

We know this news is disappointing and we’re terribly sorry for the impact to your vacation. We understand a lot of time goes into planning and coordinating your cruise vacation. Therefore, we’ll provide you with the following:

You’ll receive a full refund to your original form of payment, including any non-refundable deposits by Monday, April 15th, 2019. Times may vary depending on your financial institution.
All pre-paid amenities, packages, and shore excursions will be refunded to your original form of payment within 7 - 10 business days.
Plus, if you reserved your air with our Air2Sea Program, we’ll provide you with a refund. If you didn’t book your air with us, we’ll reimburse you for non-refundable airline change fees (up to $200 per guest for Domestic flights and up to $400 per guest for International flights). Please email us your receipts to RoyalGuestRelations@rccl.com.
Given this late cancellation, we will also provide you with a Future Cruise Credit valued at 100% of your cruise fare paid on your cancelled sailing. You can expect to receive your Future Cruise Credit via email by Friday, April 5th, 2019. We hope you’ll come and experience everything that we have to offer at a later time.
If you have any questions or need assistance with finding a new cruise, please contact your Travel Advisor or your local Royal Caribbean International office.

Thank you for understanding. We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you onboard in the near future!

Sincerely,

Image did not load.

Here are some helpful answers to questions you may have.

Why is my sailing being cancelled?

Your sailing is being cancelled because unfortunately, a construction crane fell onto Oasis of the Seas and we now need additional time for these unforeseen repairs. We are terribly sorry. We know this is disappointing. Your safety, and that of our crew, is our number one priority and we need to ensure the ship is seaworthy. We do hope you find an alternate vacation option with us.

How much am I getting back because of this cancellation?

We understand that this cancellation was made last minute because of this unforeseeable circumstance, so we are providing you:

A full refund of your cruise fare paid to the original form of payment. You should see this post to your account by April 15th, 2019.
A full refund of all pre-booked Cruise Planner items to the card on file. These refunds will take about 7-10 days to post to your account.
Future Cruise Certificates in the value of 100% of your cruise fare paid. These will be available for use by Friday, April 5th, 2019.
And, if you booked your air with us through our Air2Sea Program, we will provide you with a full refund for your air.
If you didn’t book your air with us, we’ll reimburse you for non-refundable airlines change fees (up to $200 per guest for Domestic flights and up to $400 per guest for International flights).
What if my reservation had FCC’s applied?

Your refund will be issued for the full value of the Cruisefare paid.

What if I booked a shore excursion?

All pre-booked shore excursions will be refunded to the original form of payment within 7- 10 business days.

What if I booked through the non-refundable program?

You will receive a full refund of your deposit, including the non-refundable program service fee.

What about my Crown & Anchor points. Will I receive all my CAS points?

Unfortunately, since the sailing was cancelled, no Crown & Anchor points will be awarded to anyone. We truly apologize for this inconvenience.

Where/how can I send my air receipts for reimbursement?

Please submit your air change receipts via email to RoyalGuestRelations@rccl.com.

Will you be refunding my Royal Caribbean Travel Protection?

We will be withholding the amount of Royal Caribbean Travel Protection, so our guests can file claims for any additional travel costs that are not covered by our compensation.

How was my refund calculated?

All monies paid to Royal Caribbean are being refunded – with the exception of Travel Protection. Please keep in mind that if you used multiple forms of payment for your cruise, each corresponding amount will be refunded to each form of payment.

I have more questions, where can I call?

Please contact your Travel Advisor.

How do I redeem my Future Cruise Credit?

Please contact your Travel Advisor directly to redeem your Future Cruise Credit. Your Future Cruise Credit is redeemable towards cruise fare only and is not valid on Complimentary cruises, Incentive bookings, or Charter sailings. All guests are responsible for taxes and fees where applicable.

I'm sorry the cruise was cancelled. I think the least Royal can do is give you the C&A points or make you the next level if you were changing  levels mid cruise a fair move. Also what if you had a  Back2Back cruise  planned or already in Europe you simply cannot change your plans at a short notice hence why Travel Insurance is a must. 

1 hour ago, travelplus said:

I'm sorry the cruise was cancelled. I think the least Royal can do is give you the C&A points or make you the next level if you were changing  levels mid cruise a fair move. Also what if you had a  Back2Back cruise  planned or already in Europe you simply cannot change your plans at a short notice hence why Travel Insurance is a must. 

Seriously??

Royal is already giving a 200% refund, and now you want them to throw in the C&A points missed out on??

WOW

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Accidents happen. RCI was in no way responsible for this unfortunate situation. I think RCI has stepped up and gone way beyond what should have been expected of them. They have refunded the total cost of the cancelled cruise. They have offered to pay any change fees from the airlines. On top of that, they are giving a cruise credit equal to what you had paid for the cancelled cruise! I'm sure I would be very upset if my cruise was cancelled. However, to receive this much compensation from RCI, for something that was totally out of their control, I would be very grateful. RCI gets a lot of grief over the way they handle some things. I think they deserve major kudos for this one!

Edited by cruiseguy1016
  • Like 16

Just now, travelplus said:

This comment took longer than expected.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2019 at 5:08 PM, travelplus said:

Travel insurance will not work in this situation and most people are stuck with expensive non-refundable flights!

Giving $400 for the flights is a bad joke!👎🖕

On 4/3/2019 at 6:57 PM, not-enough-cruising said:

Seriously??

Royal is already giving a 200% refund, and now you want them to throw in the C&A points missed out on??

WOW

They are only giving about 160% due to creative math and once you deduct about 2K airfare ...you are for sure not making money....😟

Edited by Thorben-Hendrik

On 4/3/2019 at 12:57 PM, not-enough-cruising said:

Seriously??

WOW

come on.....their handle is travel"plus"

1 hour ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Travel insurance will not work in this situation and most people are stuck with expensive non-refundable flights!

Giving $400 for the flights is a bad joke!👎🖕

I think that would depend on the Insurance Policy.  I have called my insurer and in the event of my May 26th sailing being cancelled they have confirmed that my policy would cover flights (Ryanair and they most definitely are non-refundable).  In the eventuality of a cancelled cruise I would first need to speak to RC to see what they offer in terms of refund and then call the insurers and they would make up the difference minus my excess.

1 hour ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

I empathize with those on the cancelled cruises on Oasis - it's terrible to lose out on a long-planned experience.

But there seem to be a very few folks who expect o turn lemons into champagne rather than lemonade.

This exactly. 

On 4/3/2019 at 11:08 AM, travelplus said:

They never give points for cruises not completed. As for the least they could do, RC is doing way more than “the least”.

• Like 6