Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

@dani negreanu - Interesting about the voting process in Israel.  Do all of these various parties form coalitions for various topics?  Is the Prime Minister similar to the UK where it's the leader of the party with the most seats?

I've wondered recently if the US would benefit from more political parties, or if that would just make things worse.  There is very little compromise today.  Having more parties MIGHT allow for more compromise on specific topics where it's not as important for members of the House or Senate to vote along party lines.

Having more parties can lead coalitions being formed and a more moderate path followed as you need to get several parties to work together however depending on how the electoral process is set up when the parties don't or won't work together it can lead to a confidence vote and a return t the polls prior to the 4 years is up.  Canada had 3 elections in a period of 5 years between 2006 and 2011

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Do all of these various parties form coalitions for various topics? 

@bobmacliberty There are 120 seats. You'll need a min of 61 to form a coalition to rule, which will barely function.... Last election the biggest party had 32 seats.

Is the Prime Minister similar to the UK where it's the leader of the party with the most seats?

In principle, yes, but not always. In 2009 the biggest party had 28 seats, but couldn't form a coalition, so the 2nd one with 27 won the PM function.

I've wondered recently if the US would benefit from more political parties, or if that would just make things worse. Can't speak for the US... let's just say we had 3 elections in less than a year and I fear we'll see the 4th in the next months.... Covid-19 notwithstanding.... 

Once a year election is enough for me.  Once every 2 years actually, I don't count the off-years where the only person to vote for is county coroner or dog catcher.  I think this  country - or at least cable news networks - would have a meltdown if there was 3 elections in less than a year.

Can't wait for the day when we can vote via TV remote or text. Hey, it's its good enough for TV show singing competitions.... 😆

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

perfect timing @dani negreanu Thank you!  Woke up to head to the office this morning and it was 8 out. Luckily, the temps are supposed to go back up over the next week.

We fly out Thursday, Nov 5 for the Florida panhandle again.  Can NOT wait.  It should be in the 70s the whole time we're there.

Oops. Cold front coming in Friday. High low 80’s, high 70’s. Might dip down in the 60’s overnight. 

M8

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Be careful, that’s temperature here in East Central Florida. The Panhandle might be a few degrees cooler. 😇

My app says on the 5th is will be 77/58.  Much cooler and I will have to bust out my winter coat.

• Thanks 1

Not owned by pets any longer, not since my beautiful girls were taken by the demon cancer, passing away a year apart of each other.   Have been sans pets now for almost 2 years (first time in my life)....decided against getting any more until we get the longer cruises done that have been on our bucket list.  Booked quite a few for the next couple of years...of course now what happens?  Ugg....

I miss being "owned by pets" now.  😞  I miss my little fur babies something awful.  

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Oops. Cold front coming in Friday. High low 80’s, high 70’s. Might dip down in the 60’s overnight. 

M8

48 minutes ago, singinalot said:

sounds like heaven 🙂

@singinalot You and Nate will likely be the only ones not wearing jackets at night.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, island lady said:

Not owned by pets any longer, not since my beautiful girls were taken by the demon cancer, passing away a year apart of each other.   Have been sans pets now for almost 2 years (first time in my life)....decided against getting any more until we get the longer cruises done that have been on our bucket list.  Booked quite a few for the next couple of years...of course now what happens?  Ugg....

I miss being "owned by pets" now.  😞  I miss my little fur babies something awful.  

Our beloved 19 year old cat died from cancer.We have pictures of her and miss her as you miss yours I am sure.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

My app says on the 5th is will be 77/58.  Much cooler and I will have to bust out my winter coat.

36F here right now and no winter coat for me. Sadly my hands have dried up and fingers are cracking by the nail’s edge, even with lots of hand cream hand cream.  That is the part of winter I don’t like. 

1 hour ago, Domino D said:

@singinalot You and Nate will likely be the only ones not wearing jackets at night.  

Ken is probably part of the no jacket club too. 

• Like 1