Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

I went on a trip to Italy a few weeks after my mother died when I was 31.  It definitely helped divert me from the anguish but also meant that when I returned home 10 days later some time had passed that also helped in moving forward.  Time doesn’t, I believe, heal all wounds but the passage of time does ease the initial raw devastation.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

That is unfortunate. Sometimes a diversion, like a cruise, could be good to to get their minds temporarily off of the loss. However, she knows her family best.

I agree with what you said. It would have been nice for the kids before they get back to routine, but your last line is worth its weight in gold.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

So, after all our hard work, my daughter decided she can’t go on the cruise.  She thinks it is too soon and the kids will be missing their dad too much.  We appreciate all the hard work you guys, especially, Dani and Arzeena put in.

Whatever works best for them Marietta. Hugs for your DD and kiddos.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@h20skibum  it is so hard to see your kids and grankids go thu trying times, prayers going out for all 🙏

@BonTexasNY sorry to hear you have Covid, hopefully it will be a quick recovery.  I am sure you will be in a great place for your upcoming family visit.  Rest now to be ready for all those hugs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

Please tell us about this when you get back, we have her booked for November 2023.

George,
We are not going on this one. I was asking because we are helping out a soon to be wed young couple who were facing some hurdles with their honeymoon and everything got cancelled due to their flights being cancelled and they were distraught with the idea of spending another 2K on flights. We suggested they drop that idea and go on a cruise instead and they are pricing out things and surprise expenses to see if it is the better option for them.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Please forgive me for not quoting all of your get well posts individually. There were so many and I know I would either mess up or forget someone.  Just know that I read each one with a grateful heart, knowing we care for each other in here.

Jack feels much better and I have symptoms of a nasty cold, nothing terrible; sore throat, runny nose and a cough here and there.  

My sister has to make a supermarket run for us and leave the stuff she bought at our door and beat a hasty retreat.  So glad we moved 5 minutes from them.

I’m glad to see you’re doing ok and that Jack is better. Having bad cold symptoms isn’t so bad compared to a couple of years ago, but I hope it passes quickly and you feel much better soon. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Luckynana said:

We have to fill out an ArrivCAN for our cruise to NE/Canada.  My Chromebook wouldn't download for me yesterday while filling in our info, and the app isn't the best.  From what I read somewhere?? Canada will be ending this requirement on the 30th of Sept.  Our cruise starts on the 29th.  Aargh!

Have a great time on your vacay, Crystal and Nate!

Do you know what other forms need to be filled out to go into Canada? Thanks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Having never sailed out of Miami how easy is the process? Do they have a separate line for suite and Key holders? Any experiences would be helpful to know.

Last October we sailed Symphony out of Miami. I don't remember if suite and Key holders shared the same line but I would think they would. We got there early, before the regular line opened,  and walk right through. Very easy.  The only pause is when they check out your documents and that was no big deal.  Things might of changed but right as you board you enter the Promenade where they had stations set upwhere to make your dinner reservations.  If they are not using them anymore I am sure you know to head to one of the restaurants. 

Are you getting to Miami early?   If so, where are you staying.   We really enjoyed our extra time in Miami. 

• Like 2

I've been trying to get caught up on this thread since we returned from Ovation a couple of weeks ago. The posts add up so quickly! 

We embarked the day @Ourusualbeach left the ship. It was a fantastic trip. We didn't know exactly what to expect after reports of food and staffing shortages on cruises in general, but we thought the food and service were great! Alaska was amazing. This was my 2nd Alaskan cruise, but my family had not been. It was fun to see things through their eyes. By far my favorite family trip yet. 

Andrew starts middle school next week, I can't believe he is growing up so fast.

35320-52743343.jpg

• Like 23

Just now, Ozark_Kid said:

Last October we sailed Symphony out of Miami. I don't remember if suite and Key holders shared the same line but I would think they would. We got there early, before the regular line opened,  and walk right through. Very easy.  The only pause is when they check out your documents and that was no big deal.  Things might of changed but right as you board you enter the Promenade where they had stations set upwhere to make your dinner reservations.  If they are not using them anymore I am sure you know to head to one of the restaurants. 

Are you getting to Miami early?   If so, where are you staying.   We really enjoyed our extra time in Miami. 

We are just flying in the day before and staying at Miami Hilton Downtown. Not sure what we will do in the evening. Any restaurants you recommend?