Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Good,I have not watched it yet,but I am a huge Fleetwood Mac fan.

From Wikipedia:

Daisy Jones & the Six follows "a rock band in the 1970s from their rise in the LA music scene to becoming one of the most famous bands in the world and explores the reason behind their split at the height of their success."[5][6][7][8][9] The Amazon Prime Video series is based on Taylor Jenkins Reid's book of the same name, which the author describes was partly inspired by her experience growing up and by watching Fleetwood Mac performances on television.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

It seems like many of us on this thread have similar taste in music.  

IMG_7726.thumb.jpeg.f3979c978ba109b7208ea9953476a58e.jpeg

I didn’t remember having so many of his albums, until I started sorting to find this one.  I need to put a couple on to listen to. 

I would have to find a record player first...............do they still make record players? None in our house.............but we do have a stack of albums here that came with my Wife......🤣

I was to busy playing sports when I was younger, never got into the music thing........

Edited by Jimbo

42 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Smoke turned bad here yesterday but blew out last night.  I think has headed down to you all south of me. 

It's been bad enough here that outdoor activities have been cancelled.   You can actually smell the smoke, and definitely feel it in your eyes/throat.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I would have to find a record player first...............do they still make record players? None in our house..

I actually have two turntables.  A Dual 1228 and a Technics SL-D3.   Hmm, for some reason, these are now listed in the vintage category, much like me.

FWIW, they do still make turntables, with some good ones in the $200 to $600 range. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Minnie’s vet called me yesterday afternoon with her pathology report.  Unfortunately she had a malignant fibrosarcoma.  Good news was early detection enabled her to get totally clear margins.  (Means vet is sure she removed all of it.)  It was an 11% grade…not sure exactly what that translates to except low grade.

Reading about it sounds like reoccurrence is likely even though this one was completely removed.  Reoccurring potentially anywhere.  So I’m supposed to be on the lookout for any more lumps.  She said she could refer me to a veterinary oncologist but I’m not sure radiation would be indicated if the growth was totally removed…as I was told.  I suspect for some further knowledge of what options might be available down the road…if needed.  I’ll ask for further clarification on Monday when I take Minnie to have her sutures removed.

I appreciate and love Minnie every minute of every day so this diagnosis doesn’t change my appreciation for what she brings to my life…it just makes it more poignant.

I hesitated to post this as I am aware so many of you are dealing with much larger issues and I don’t mean to sound insensitive.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Minnie’s vet called me yesterday afternoon with her pathology report.  Unfortunately she had a malignant fibrosarcoma.  Good news was early detection enabled her to get totally clear margins.  (Means vet is sure she removed all of it.)  It was an 11% grade…not sure exactly what that translates to except low grade.

Reading about it sounds like reoccurrence is likely even though this one was completely removed.  Reoccurring potentially anywhere.  So I’m supposed to be on the lookout for any more lumps.  She said she could refer me to a veterinary oncologist but I’m not sure radiation would be indicated if the growth was totally removed…as I was told.  I suspect for some further knowledge of what options might be available down the road…if needed.  I’ll ask for further clarification on Monday when I take Minnie to have her sutures removed.

I appreciate and love Minnie every minute of every day so this diagnosis doesn’t change my appreciation for what she brings to my life…it just makes it more poignant.

I hesitated to post this as I am aware so many of you are dealing with much larger issues and I don’t mean to sound insensitive.

I am happy that the vet is staying on top of it. Everyday is precious with our furry family members.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Gardener5b said:

It's been bad enough here that outdoor activities have been cancelled.   You can actually smell the smoke, and definitely feel it in your eyes/throat.  

Owen’s ball game was last night.  Some games have been cancelled tonight too, even though it looks much better. Hopefully it will clear up your way as well. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Far from it, and I'm struggling here to get it right ....

Minnie being a cat doesn't detract (?) from her importance in your life. For you she's a very much loved member of your family.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Far from it, and I'm struggling here to get it right ....

Minnie being a cat doesn't detract (?) from her importance in your life. For you she's a very much loved member of your family.

No struggle, You got it right!

Perfectly said.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

I would have to find a record player first...............do they still make record players? None in our house.............but we do have a stack of albums here that came with my Wife......🤣

I was to busy playing sports when I was younger, never got into the music thing........

Vinyl records are making a comeback in the UK.

Our Sarah has a record player and good selection of LPs.

Paulines brother who lived with his mam until she died has a record player and my old LPs which I gave him over 40 years ago.

Record player's are available.

A lot of my LPs were soul and tamla Motown with some rock as well.

When I worked for EMI records in the early 80s I had 100s of LPs and cassette's.

Bob Dylan was a favourite of mine at that time.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 7

59 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I'm glad for the early detection.  May she enjoy many more years of mutual happiness with you.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

Unlike some so called family and friends our pets are loyal and never let us down.

Best wishes for you and Minnie.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

When I was on my last cruise, I guess about a month ago, I noticed a lump on the side of my neck. Got home, went to my PCP, got a CT scan. Sent the result to my oncologist, next a ENT Dr, next to the hospital for a biopsy.

Result, I have throat cancer. It has been many years (like 20) since I smoked, so we really not sure what caused it.

Just got off the phone with the oncologist, the treatment is to zap it with radiation, then 6 weeks of low level chemo.

Oncologist said there should be minimal side effects from the treatment,  it is very treatable.

• Like 31
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Vinyl records are making a comeback in the UK.

Our Sarah has a record player and good selection of LPs.

Paulines brother who lived with his mam until she died has a record player and my old LPs which I gave him over 40 years ago.

Record player's are available.

A lot of my LPs were soul and tamla Motown with some rock as well.

When I worked for EMI records in the early 80s I had 100s of LPs and cassette's.

Bob Dylan was a favourite of mine at that time.

I believe I have every Bob Dylan album , he still tours and have seen him every decade since the 1970’s . Wife bought me his latest for my birthday.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I had a same issue not too long after joining the same unfortunate club that I share with your daughter.  Jaw & ear pain, occasional headaches when waking up and an infected tooth that required a root canal.

Short Story: Constant clenching of my teeth due to the stress of life-changing events.  I would do it without even thinking about it, suddenly realize it after a certain period of time. Minutes? Hours? Who knows but then try to relax my jaw only to realize I was clenching it again a few minutes/hours later. And I would do it in my sleep as well which is why I would wake up with a headache and jaw & ear pain.

Long Story:  It came on gradually, only hurting for a while & then go away. After a few months however, it stopped going away. A trip to the dentist reveled an infected tooth so it was off to an oral surgeon for a root canal. There he did a cat-scan on my mouth - I didn't even know that was a thing - which basically gave a 360 degree, 3-D image of my mouth in amazing detail. Several of my teeth had what he called Micro-fractures. Tiny, almost invisible cracks that went deep into the teeth that allowed infections to start brewing. Needed only 1 root canal but a few others we are keeping an eye on. The cause of these tiny cracks is the pressure exerted from constanting clenching of teeth.

Solution: Wearing a night guard when sleeping to soften the clenching. I hate it so instead I do some deep-breathing exercises to relax before going to bed as well as some mindful mediation during the day and just trying to be more aware of what my mouth is doing.  So far, so good.

I had similar issues with jaw/ear pain.  Same resolution.  Starting using a night mouth guard while sleeping and stopped chewing gum.  Turned out I was clenching teeth/jaw through the night and didn’t know it.  I honestly thought it wasn’t going to work & must have been a different issue besides clenching.  I was wrong.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

When I was on my last cruise, I guess about a month ago, I noticed a lump on the side of my neck. Got home, went to my PCP, got a CT scan. Sent the result to my oncologist, next a ENT Dr, next to the hospital for a biopsy.

Result, I have throat cancer. It has been many years (like 20) since I smoked, so we really not sure what caused it.

Just got off the phone with the oncologist, the treatment is to zap it with radiation, then 6 weeks of low level chemo.

Oncologist said there should be minimal side effects from the treatment,  it is very treatable.

I'm so sorry to hear your diagnosis but happy to hear it is very treatable.

Sending you prayers 🙏 and good wishes for a complete recovery.

Stopping smoking was the best thing you did 20 years ago.

I stopped smoking aged 21 almost 46 years ago.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Wishing you the best with your treatment. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, helen haywood said:

I am glad her margins were clear.  Give her extra pets from me.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1