Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Now for a couple food pictures from near the end of our stay in Myrtle Beach.  I am still amazed at how much food these kids can put away.  

Thursday, we made a return trip to the Wicked Tuna for a big lunch, then to the Sea Captain’s house for a nice big dinner.  It was a nice place with a nice ocean view.  So, if that wasn’t enough, we headed out to a place called the Mason Jar for desert.  Honestly, the deserts were big enough to be a meal. 

Now, Susan and I just opted for hot fudge sundaes. 

IMG_8102.thumb.jpeg.5c3fe54656d3465c9362ee60d44fba99.jpeg

But the kids….How about a milkshake topped with a piece of cheesecake?

IMG_8104.thumb.jpeg.ce762b5c67b9154a88a615b2017723f1.jpeg

Or one topped with cake

IMG_4465.thumb.jpeg.fec21b34e74a90599ab0806c8a4eaa7a.jpeg

Who has the bigger one?

IMG_8105.thumb.jpeg.18084dee6c774acb380c65062c9d3683.jpeg

Even one loaded with cookies will make your eyes bug out. 

IMG_4464.thumb.jpeg.22e5a21c5ae592b35a832d18ec921e1f.jpeg

all in take home mason jars

IMG_8103.jpeg

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Now for a couple food pictures from near the end of our stay in Myrtle Beach.  I am still amazed at how much food these kids can put away.  

Thursday, we made a return trip to the Wicked Tuna for a big lunch, then to the Sea Captain’s house for a nice big dinner.  It was a nice place with a nice ocean view.  So, if that wasn’t enough, we headed out to a place called the Mason Jar for desert.  Honestly, the deserts were big enough to be a meal. 

Or one topped with cake

Who has the bigger one?

IMG_8103.jpeg

OMG. 

THOSE DESSERTS!!

Talk about a sugar rush. 

I would have to try the cheesecake one over a chocolate sundae. 

Them not eat for a few days. ( lol)

Susan, hope you feel better soon. 

Take care. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Also, I'm very good at getting "senior rates" at the big chains. Some start at 62, others -- at 65. We now "qualify" for both....

Living where we live... free cancellation for us is a must.

I agree with you about free cancellation;  if not that, at least booking refundable.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Nice photos Sue.

Your car looks lovely, annoying about the air con not working after being rebuilt.

@sgmn  from me also, Sue.

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

@jagsfan Mimi, I hope you got checked out, and are on the road to recovery.  Looking forward to you posting again. 

@jagsfan from me, too, Mimi.

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Well, we got back home, from our week at Myrtle Beach, last night.  I will have to write a few updates on food, flights, and hotel, but things are busy at home today.  

Meanwhile, Susan brought home this souvenir. 

IMG_1816.thumb.jpeg.826cd4d3d22feb471cc427ddf90f5b57.jpeg

She is no longer a Covid virgin. 

Wow.  Poor Susan can't catch a break.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Finally watched the final two episodes of Below Deck Sailing last night and have some thoughts.

I have no respect or even like Gary anymore. What a narcissist self loathing baby. He borders on being a sexual predator. Below Deck producers need to get rid of him but as long as Captain Glennis on the show he will probably stay. I am also tiring of Daisy but not Colin. I felt sorry for him being put in the situation of being in a three way.

I really loved Chef Ilisha and stew Lucy. They were both sweethearts. I thought the food looked really good. 

They do need a new boat however. It’s starting to show her age. All the breakdowns and everything make a change necessary.

Looking forward to the reunion show with Andy Cohen. That should be drama filled.

It appears that my original response to you has become Dust In The Wind.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

OK UPDATE from Columbia……They are pretty sure the pressure and heart rate problem are a part of transplant problems.  A good percentage of them get this but usually much earlier after the transplant.  Twenty years later is rare but Charlie never does anything normal😳. It has something to do with what gets done during the actual transplant operation.  Things get snipped etc.  they are hoping increasing meds will solve this🤞

Thank you for Charlie's update.  How is Charlie feeling?  How are you feeling, Marietta?  I imagine you're probably feeling pretty wrung-out by now.  Loving thoughts and prayers for you both.❤️🙏

• Like 4

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Oh poor Susan.  Hope she gets better fast.

OK UPDATE from Columbia……They are pretty sure the pressure and heart rate problem are a part of transplant problems.  A good percentage of them get this but usually much earlier after the transplant.  Twenty years later is rare but Charlie never does anything normal😳. It has something to do with what gets done during the actual transplant operation.  Things get snipped etc.  they are hoping increasing meds will solve this🤞

Sending prayers 🙏 your way Marietta for Charlie.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

You know I don’t think we have ever asked about that. Thank you for the tip.

The other to try is AARP, I have saved the 3 year membership fee with 1 booking.  BTW, I also only book direct after a snafu with one of the 3rd party sites.

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Well, we got back home, from our week at Myrtle Beach, last night.  I will have to write a few updates on food, flights, and hotel, but things are busy at home today.  

Ugh, sorry to hear this, hopefully she will not have it too bad.  To get this on top of Lyme, not fun.

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Oh poor Susan.  Hope she gets better fast.

Fingers crossed that resolves all the issues.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Or one topped with cake

Who has the bigger one?

IMG_8103.jpeg

Good choices on restaurants.  We like Sea Captain's but save it for special trips, great location, good food but definitely on the pricier side, lunch is a bit better.  

Crazy Mason is a not to miss on a holiday, I would be many times larger if we went often.  We live not too far from the smaller one in North Myrtle.

Hope you all enjoyed your time in Myrtle Beach even with Susan not feeling the best.

Edited by akcruz
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Today is a beautiful day for biking and the North Atlantic is calming down...

20230715_133514.thumb.jpg.ad10f9614d231fda71545f6340a81695.jpg

20230715_133542.thumb.jpg.dfaf949d591534287f0a28727dcc2a8d.jpg

Looks wonderful. Enjoy OB!

8 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Coal and Elmer seem to be getting along.  

Coal1.thumb.jpeg.8cdfd9ba046d56f3f232e899b66c7668.jpeg

So cute together.

1 minute ago, akcruz said:

The other to try is AARP, I have saved the 3 year membership fee with 1 booking.  BTW, I also only book direct after a snafu with one of the 3rd party sites.

I asked Linda about it since does all the booking for out hotels, and she said yes we have gotten a better rate using our AARP card. Since she used to be a government employee she also said it provides a good discount too. Unfortunately she's retired now so can't use that but we will be using a senior discount from now on.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Looks wonderful. Enjoy OB!

So cute together.

I asked Linda about it since does all the booking for out hotels, and she said yes we have gotten a better rate using our AARP card. Since she used to be a government employee she also said it provides a good discount too. Unfortunately she's retired now so can't use that but we will be using a senior discount from now on.

AAA has good discounts too.  The combination of Hilton honors and AAA is usually a good deal.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I hope Susan's symptoms are as mild as mine were.  Now she's part of our CC Covid gang.

@Sea Dog I hope Linda's pain diminishes.  If she was sent home with pain meds and she takes them, I hope they work to at least take the edge off.  Each day will, hopefully, get better than the one before.  It's good that Lizzy, Charlie and Kylar are hanging close. So helpful!

Please try not to overdo yourself and take care the best you can with your knee pain.

@DaniDanielle Marietta, sounds like Charlie is well on his way to recovery. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Finally watched the final two episodes of Below Deck Sailing last night and have some thoughts.

I have no respect or even like Gary anymore. What a narcissist self loathing baby. He borders on being a sexual predator. Below Deck producers need to get rid of him but as long as Captain Glennis on the show he will probably stay. I am also tiring of Daisy but not Colin. I felt sorry for him being put in the situation of being in a three way.

I really loved Chef Ilisha and stew Lucy. They were both sweethearts. I thought the food looked really good. 

They do need a new boat however. It’s starting to show her age. All the breakdowns and everything make a change necessary.

Looking forward to the reunion show with Andy Cohen. That should be drama filled.

Couldn’t agree more. I really wish they’d get rid of Gary but as far as Bravo is concerned he’s gold so I’m afraid we’re stuck with him and his disturbing antics.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

@Sea Dog I hope Linda's pain diminishes.  If she was sent home with pain meds and she takes them, I hope they work to at least take the edge off.  Each day will, hopefully, get better than the one before.  It's good that Lizzy, Charlie and Kylar are hanging close. So helpful!

She’s doing pretty good considering. She’s staying on top of the pain meds. She finally can lift her arm as the the nerve block has worn off. She’s been dosing off and on today so we are just chilling which is nice

• Like 11

1 minute ago, voyager70 said:

Couldn’t agree more. I really wish they’d get rid of Gary but as far as Bravo is concerned he’s gold so I’m afraid we’re stuck with him and his disturbing antics.

I suspect you are correct. If Bravo allowed the comment he made about licking something other than an ice cream cone to be aired on TV then they obviously support him and his antics.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

There is a lot of discussion about him and the finale on Instagram and people are very vocal, calling out production for airing this finale.  Many feel, just as those do here, that the whole discussion was inappropriate and should have been left on the cutting room floor.  Not sure if Bravo is listening or not though.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Sounds great! TTN is very convenient.

Embassy Suites is a nice choice for Tampa....but avoid the one in Fort Lauderdale if you ever cruise from there. Clearwater is beautiful. Tampa Chuihily museum, Aquarium are good.Riverwalk is a great place. Enjoy the Serenade. I love it!

We stayed at the ES in FLL twice years ago but have heard how run down it has become since covid.   Hopefully someday they renovate/update as it is a great location. 

We have cruised Serenade several times, our last time on her was for just about a full month Jan. 2020.    We always feel at home onboard Serenade.    Exciting to be boarding her again in less than 60 days.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Or one topped with cake

Who has the bigger one?

IMG_8103.jpeg

OMG - I cannot believe they have cheesecake ontop of a milkshake.     Looks so yummy and worthy of a good tummy ache

• Like 3
  • Haha 1