Good news for cruise lines

6 hours ago, flyguyjake said:

China is not Florida. China is taking extreme precautionary measures the US is not. Even if China Disney can keep CV at bay, that doesn't mean Florida will be able to. Two totally different beasts. Also Americans don't have the respect for others or the discipline that the Chinese people do. They have been wearing masks for decades, not for themselves but out of respect for others. Many in this country including 45 won't ever wear a mask "Freedom of liberty".  Do you think the protestors around this country are respectful of others? Hardly. It's really a shame this country can't get it's act together in these very challenging times.

Cruise lines are unfortunately now the face of Covid. It will take years for them to recover. It will take years for the US economy to recover. Many businesses are closing including major retailers. This jobs aren't coming back.

This post is beyond offensive.

• Like 9

7 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Some people see lemons and think lemonade others see lemon and think bat urine.  Life is a matter of perspective.

I'm sure things will be different.  I'm looking forward to whatever is coming in cruising.  

I see lemons and want to twist them into my cocktail. 

On a cruise ship. 

Edited by ToroAzul
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Unknown answers. Who knows what the US CDC will require to sail out of US Ports. I believe for some period of time to come, social distancing will be the thing. How does that happen on a cruise ship at full capacity?  

How do you social distance on an airplane? Public transportation? Etc.  Are the airlines limiting their seats that they are selling? Just wondering 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

7 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Here we are having trouble getting workers to come back to work. If you can make $600 a week staying home, even if a employer matches it, it's easier to stay home. I hear 500k jobs in texas, even amazon is trying to hire, cant find applicants. Unemployment is too lucrative.

As someone who is unemployed since my company was already in bankruptcy before the pandemic, I can tell you from my job searches that these jobs are temporary positions during the pandemic, like holiday help in November and December. Once business reopens these delivery jobs and online fulfilment jobs will be gone. There is no way that I'm coming off of unemployment for a job that holds no future. If people are making more on unemployment than maybe these jobs need to pay more to begin with.Most of the jobs I see offered are for part time workers.  Nobody in their right mind will take the risk for minimum wage.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, jimvern1966 said:

How do you social distance on an airplane? Public transportation? Etc.  Are the airlines limiting their seats that they are selling? Just wondering 🤷‍♀️

Yes, I seen pictures online of every second row marked off.  I don't have energy or sobriety to go and find the pic and article I saw it in.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, jimvern1966 said:

You can't. Even on Air Canada, one uncovered sneeze or cough could contaminate 1/3 of the cabin. Face it, most people aren't going to sneeze into a mask and have to live with the residual... they will pull down their mask and try to cover up. An empty seat next to you won't save you from getting contaminated. If you are wearing a cloth mask or freebie mask from the airline, you will breath in the contamination with every breath. Only an N95 or similar respirator mask would protect you. And now all of the surfaces around the sneezer are contaminated. So your hands will quickly become contaminated... then... no matter how hard you try to avoid it... you will (guarantee) touch your face. 

57 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

As someone who is unemployed since my company was already in bankruptcy before the pandemic, I can tell you from my job searches that these jobs are temporary positions during the pandemic, like holiday help in November and December. Once business reopens these delivery jobs and online fulfilment jobs will be gone. There is no way that I'm coming off of unemployment for a job that holds no future. If people are making more on unemployment than maybe these jobs need to pay more to begin with.Most of the jobs I see offered are for part time workers.  Nobody in their right mind will take the risk for minimum wage.

Some have said they are permanent jobs. But I live in dallas a big city. 

I agree many have some risk of being on the front lines .. amzn workers asking for double pay, kroger asking for bonuses.. didnt say they were wonderful jobs. 

Some restaurants cant get workers to come back.

10 hours ago, zekekelso said:

Or maybe people aren't willing to risk their lives for $8.35 an hour. 

An airplane engine could fall on you also, don't forget that!

4 hours ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

Sometimes the truth hurts.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Singing the praises of the country that started this pandemic then lied about it and tried to cover it up?  OK.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jimvern1966 said:

More good questions as well. I thought we were talking cruises. Cruise ships have the MDR, WJ, Theater, Diamond Lounge, CL/CK, Muster and many other places that pack people close together. Also Ports were people get on/off. 

16 hours ago, flyguyjake said:

China is not Florida. China is taking extreme precautionary measures the US is not. Even if China Disney can keep CV at bay, that doesn't mean Florida will be able to. Two totally different beasts. Also Americans don't have the respect for others or the discipline that the Chinese people do. They have been wearing masks for decades, not for themselves but out of respect for others. Many in this country including 45 won't ever wear a mask "Freedom of liberty".  Do you think the protestors around this country are respectful of others? Hardly. It's really a shame this country can't get it's act together in these very challenging times.

Cruise lines are unfortunately now the face of Covid. It will take years for them to recover. It will take years for the US economy to recover. Many businesses are closing including major retailers. This jobs aren't coming back.

WOW - as others have pointed out...this post is offensive and error-laden to the nth degree...not to mention totally false propaganda. Travel and cruising to China may have decades-long negative consequences from COVID-19. The rest of the world will rebound.

China is taking extreme precautionary measures the US is not.

CHINA HAD TO - NO CHOICE- THEY SOURCED THIS PANDEMIC  and therefore have to deal with the most severe consequences. So far the U.S. results are far better than those in China.

Even if China Disney can keep CV at bay, that doesn't mean Florida will be able to. Two totally different beasts.

Thank goodness. Florida sees the impact to travel and tourism, and addresses things head on. China covers up the facts, routinely lies about their actions and results, and blames everyone but themselves for this worldwide disaster.

Also Americans don't have the respect for others or the discipline that the Chinese people do. They have been wearing masks for decades, not for themselves but out of respect for others.

They wear masks out of necessity...China is the world's largest polluter...air, land, water. Having traveled there, it became obvious that their people live in a world of toxins, carcinogens, and tainted public water supplies. There is NOTHING respectful about China at this time, and the pandemic only exposes just how ruthless life is there. 

Many in this country including 45 won't ever wear a mask "Freedom of liberty". 

The biggest contrast is that in the U.S....people can make choices. As long as they don't infringe on others, they are free to make the right choices or make mistakes, rather than dictated how to live their lives.

Cruise lines are unfortunately now the face of Covid.

Actually...no they are not. China is the face of COVID, and always will be.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

WOW - as others have pointed out...this post is offensive and error-laden to the nth degree...not to mention totally false propaganda. Travel and cruising to China may have decades-long negative consequences from COVID-19. The rest of the world will rebound.

China is taking extreme precautionary measures the US is not.

CHINA HAD TO - NO CHOICE- THEY SOURCED THIS PANDEMIC  and therefore have to deal with the most severe consequences. So far the U.S. results are far better than those in China.

Even if China Disney can keep CV at bay, that doesn't mean Florida will be able to. Two totally different beasts.

Thank goodness. Florida sees the impact to travel and tourism, and addresses things head on. China covers up the facts, routinely lies about their actions and results, and blames everyone but themselves for this worldwide disaster.

Also Americans don't have the respect for others or the discipline that the Chinese people do. They have been wearing masks for decades, not for themselves but out of respect for others.

They wear masks out of necessity...China is the world's largest polluter...air, land, water. Having traveled there, it became obvious that their people live in a world of toxins, carcinogens, and tainted public water supplies. There is NOTHING respectful about China at this time, and the pandemic only exposes just how ruthless life is there. 

Many in this country including 45 won't ever wear a mask "Freedom of liberty". 

The biggest contrast is that in the U.S....people can make choices. As long as they don't infringe on others, they are free to make the right choices or make mistakes, rather than dictated how to live their lives.

Cruise lines are unfortunately now the face of Covid.

Actually...no they are not. China is the face of COVID, and always will be.

Have you looked at the worldwide numbers? Do you really feel that the US results are "far better than those in China"? Have you thought about what happens if and when there's a new wave come winter time?? 

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

• Like 2

Disney World just announced they are now only taking reservations at their hotels after July 1. It had been June 1, so it doesn’t look like they will be opening any of the parks until after that date. It’s probably good that they aren’t rushing it.

https://wdwnt.com/2020/05/walt-disney-world-now-only-accepting-reservations-for-july-1st-and-later-due-to-ongoing-closure/

17 hours ago, CruiszBug said:

... and how many people have to sail on a cruise to make it pay? Cruise Lines are not going to just sail without profit. So does a ship have to be at 50% to make money or is it more like 75% plus?

In an interview with Frank Del Rio of NCL, he indicated that measures will obviously be put into place but sailing with reduced capacity wasn't one of them.  Point being, the major cruise lines will likely follow each other's lead on many things...this being one of them.  IMO, of course.