Letter of Employment Sent to Waiter on Navigator of the Seas. Looks Like Short Sailings Are A Go November 1st.

3 hours ago, julesbeara said:

A friend who is a Waiter on Navigator of the Seas, Facebook Messengered me a copy of his Letter of Employment to return to the Navigator of the Seas on October 25th.  Looks likes short sailings from Miami are a go on November 1st.  Anyone else heard from crew members?

I checked today and the only sailings showing up on Royal's website are the ones from Japan. But I like your good news better!

Edited by Arzeena
  • Haha 1

Just got my cancelation email for my 11/28 cruise. They are offering lift and shift now plus the previous offers.  Not a surprise.  Im actually not that upset as I knew it would be a nightmare trying to get a covid test during Thanksgiving week for a flight to san juan.  We are undecided at this point as to what we are doing.  We were on the Enchantment cruise out of san juan.  We planned this in August of 2019.  

Edited by jean87510

9 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

I feel bad for the folks that were told they could go back to work 😞. That is crappy.

They still might be going back to work at the end of October.  Keep in mind they don't show up, board the ship and sail with passengers the next day.  They have to quarantine for 2 weeks, prep the ship, and the cruise line plans on doing some 'crew only' sailings to test out all their protocols and make any changes if needed.  All of that could easily take up a month's worth of time.  

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, rockmom said:

They still might be going back to work at the end of October.  Keep in mind they don't show up, board the ship and sail with passengers the next day.  They have to quarantine for 2 weeks, prep the ship, and the cruise line plans on doing some 'crew only' sailings to test out all their protocols and make any changes if needed.  All of that could easily take up a month's worth of time.  

That was my thought too.  They will report and have training to do and quarantine time.  There's a lot more to sailing again than just boarding and leaving with passengers.  Also, everyone seems to think their ship will sail.  Not all ships and not full itineraries for a while, so you'll see some crew reporting to some ships, but not all and not all at once.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kuhne said:

Sailings have been suspended through November 30, 2020

So glad someone posted that on this thread as it's probably the only thread missing that info lol.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I live in Florida, so apparently my choices are to be on a ship with people who have been in the area with “those statistics” or go to Wal Mart and Publix and Home Depot with people who live in the area with “those statistics”.  With all of the procedures being put into place by the cruise lines and the absolute importance to the future of the industry that those procedures be adhered to, I think my chances of staying healthy would be better on a ship.

This reminds me of my sister from Virginia, whose DIL is an ER physician.  She is fine with being around the daughter-in-law, son, and grandchildren in their home for eight hours at a time, but after they vacationed in Florida for four days, my sister would not go to their home for two weeks.  ER is fine, but Florida has cooties?  

If a trip to Walmart/Publix/Home Depot lasts as long as a cruise, you're doing it wrong. I cannot any more with these people who compare a vacation to a trip to Walmart. What the hell kind of vacations do you people take??? My vacations are NOTHING LIKE WALMART! Good lord, find a new travel agent, people. 

Edited by Grenouille21
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, lovescats5 said:

Which goes back to the saying, "If you do not want to take a chance of getting Covid, then STAY HOME".  Why are we so quick to tell people they cannot live the life they want.  Take a chance means you might either pass it on to someone else taking the same chance or getting it from someone.

Until the CDC gives the go ahead, what the public wants to do is a mute point.

5 hours ago, skyking said:

This did NOT age well. 

You win the Internet today. 🏆 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, rockmom said:

Agree. Crossed my mind with this thread and one more month postponements

On 10/6/2020 at 3:17 PM, ZoeyVictoria said:

I live in Florida, so apparently my choices are to be on a ship with people who have been in the area with “those statistics” or go to Wal Mart and Publix and Home Depot with people who live in the area with “those statistics”.  With all of the procedures being put into place by the cruise lines and the absolute importance to the future of the industry that those procedures be adhered to, I think my chances of staying healthy would be better on a ship.

This reminds me of my sister from Virginia, whose DIL is an ER physician.  She is fine with being around the daughter-in-law, son, and grandchildren in their home for eight hours at a time, but after they vacationed in Florida for four days, my sister would not go to their home for two weeks.  ER is fine, but Florida has cooties?  

Virus doesn't care what you think.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2020 at 1:53 PM, chipmaster said:

......To travel into a place and then get on a floating petri for 3-5 days with those statistics.....

The whole world is like a floating petri dish, some places more so than others.

• Like 3

Navigator is listed for Four 3 day schedules on the port website 2 using terminal A, 1 G and 1 (F?) starting in mid October.

Hoping these could be the non commission test cruises with all crew members as guests.  

Edited by later