Princess Cruises cancels all cruises until April 2021

NC State

• All cruises sailing through March 31, 2021
  • All cruises longer than seven days sailing in and out of United States ports through November 1, 2021

Additionally, due to the uncertainty about when international travel restrictions might be lifted, Princess Cruises is extending its pause in operations for cruises departing in and out of Japan through June 25, 2021.

• Thanks 1

On the other hand, here in Celebrity they have us with the uncertainty of which cruises are going to be canceled and which are not, they take too long to announce and they have us with the anguish and delay of the decisions that must be taken.

We got the email from Princess this morning.  The confusing part for us is that they cancelled our Mar 23 2021 cruise 3.5 months ago because of redeployment. Still waiting for refund of our deposit.  I suppose now with all cruises cancelled till April we will wait even longer to get our money back.  Not impressed.  I phoned them yesterday and was told it was  misunderstanding???  Really?

1 hour ago, PTC DAWG said:

You left out going broke.  

Or being proactive.

Or smart.

Or knowing that rushing it and having an outbreak guarantees bankruptcy across all lines.

We know they have the cash to survive.  Still better than facilitating potential death. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, NC State said:

Cruise Hive is reporting that Princess Cruises cancels all cruises until April 2021. I'm sure others will follow.

Holland America just cancelled with the exact same criteria as Princess.  No cruises through Mar 2021, no cruises over 7 days in the US until Nov 2021.  FCC and refund policy is posted as well.  I suppose Celebrity is too busy rolling out their “all inclusive” exorbitant  pricing strategy to be transparent with their present customers.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, 81Zoomie said:

Holland America just cancelled with the exact same criteria as Princess.  No cruises through Mar 2021, no cruises over 7 days in the US until Nov 2021.  FCC and refund policy is posted as well.  I suppose Celebrity is too busy rolling out their “all inclusive” exorbitant  pricing strategy to be transparent with their present customers.

Holland and Princess are both owned by Carnival. Makes sense. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, gerelmx said:

On the other hand, here in Celebrity they have us with the uncertainty of which cruises are going to be canceled and which are not, they take too long to announce and they have us with the anguish and delay of the decisions that must be taken.

You need to have a bit of patience.  Suggesting anguish over if a cruise will be cancelled, really?  Until there are a significant number of people vaccinated cruises will not and cannot resume.  No port is going to agree to accept all COVID infected passengers when their hospitals are already full.  Then the cruiseline is responsible to getting passengers home with PRIVATE transport.  Not going to happen.

Mass vaccinations of the general public are not likely until February or March as there are millions of elderly and first responders first in line.  2 doses so a month from the first injection for effectiveness.

Pretty much all cruises Will be changed for spring as shorter cruises are in the CDC and CLIA guidelines.

You know what is going to happen.  So . . . either cancel, rebook or wait for your cruise to be cancelled.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Remember that CCL has a Judge who needs to approve their plans [for all their lines] because of their environmental misdeeds, in addition to the Covid issues that everyone else faces.  The restart of cruising could be an excellent opportunity for Royal and Celebrity to pip them to the post.

Seeing as Royal and Celebrity have basically followed all the changes that the Carnival owned cruise lines have made prior to this I think it is safe to assume they will make these similar changes also, but it might take awhile. 

With all cruises cancelled through the end of March that basically kills the Caribbean season. My recent guess was that we would see a start at the earliest from the major cruise lines at end of April/early May to coincide with the start of the European summer sailing season. We could see Europe even start before the U.S. does seeing how they’ve managed to already have a few cruises running the past couple months and with their lockdowns followed by vaccines starting in the next couple months they likely will get things calmed down with the virus much faster than we will here.

I had a 12 day Alaska cruise scheduled with Princess for May 2021.  Had suspected it would be canceled, so appreciate knowing well before final payment date.  Hopefully the vaccine works as expected and I will take my Celebrity Hawaii cruise in May of 2022.

And just months ago I was half kidding that our January 2022 cruise might not happen. I need to remember that I have no more control on when I cruise again, as I do on changing the weather. I just need to let it happen and see when it will all shake out.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

So no more back to back cruises allowed?  How will that work?

well when the first leg of the former B2B reaches the final port, you will leave the ship and get a flight home, thus making it a a B-2B

On 11/20/2020 at 6:27 PM, Arizona Wildcat said:

Mass vaccinations of the general public are not likely until February or March

Uh, don't count on that.  I read only 150 doses (total Pfizer/Moderna) for entire USA by end of March- that is only 75 million people. I figure I will be extremely lucky to see it by May.

We canceled our May cruise (Norway), but I am still actually hopeful for our August (7 nights Alaska). 

On 11/21/2020 at 6:30 AM, Cruise a holic said:

So no more back to back cruises allowed?  How will that work?

Where did you see that ?   

we have made final payment on a B2B 10 and 11 day cruise with  X  departing in Feb.   It is 90 days since we are in a suite that was too good to pass up   A little over $200/day pp with all the perks and extra SBC 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🇺🇸

5 minutes ago, miched said:

Where did you see that ?   

we have made final payment on a B2B 10 and 11 day cruise with  X  departing in Feb.   It is 90 days since we are in a suite that was too good to pass up   A little over $200/day pp with all the perks and extra SBC 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🇺🇸

Even if b2b cruises are allowed, which would in part defeat the purpose of limiting itineraries to 7 days, both legs of your booked b2b exceed the 7-day limit and will undoubtedly be cancelled. Unless, of course, you mean February 2022.

• Like 1