Temp checks

Can't wait to get back cruising, but I refuse to have a laser shot into my brain multiple times every day to test for temperature.
There must be another way.

1 minute ago, Glock said:

Can't wait to get back cruising, but I refuse to have a laser shot into my brain multiple times every day to test for temperature.

Well sure, there’s always a rectal thermometer.

• Like 20
  • Haha 22

10 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

From what I've read they're perfectly safe and do not emit any radiation into your brain

Don’t go pointing the low power laser aiming beam in a person’s eyes for any length of time; that’s a bad idea.  The actual temperature sensing is done by measuring the infrared radiation being emitted from the target.... usually a person’s forehead, and inferring the surface temperature from that reading.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Wonder what @Ocean Boythinks. 

I am aware of no health issues from IR thermometers. Any aiming mechamism is not going to emit enough energery to penetrate the skin. The actual temperature calculation is made by detecting light energy given off by the body.

If someone had no issue using a cell phone then I can't fathom having an issue with an IR temperature scanner being used on them.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

If someone had no issue using a cell phone then I can't fathom having an issue with an IR temperature scanner being used on them.

Evidently, you haven’t kept abreast of the 5G conspiracies and how those cell phone towers can load a person up with the novel coronavirus!

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

The doctor in the house says" the guns most businesses are using are notoriously inaccurate, patients (passengers - my word) can easily trick the guns and the guns only have a chance of being accurate under quite controlled situations." 

She suggests that the rectal method could be best and would definitely lead to some fun cruise conversations.

Edited by neverbeenhere
Added fun

6 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Has anyone had these used on them other than a Dr. vist or hospital? 

Some companies were doing daily temp checks as per state mandate. However that's fallen by the waste side, at least where I work. Some retailers were even taking temperatures of customers before they entered the store.

So I have just recovered from Covid - as as my OH. At no time did he have a temperature and I had one on maybe 5 or 6 occasions during the course of a couple of weeks (I took my temperature regularly). I really don't think the issue is whether people want or don't want their temperature taken, it's that the whole procedure is pretty pointless in terms of a diagnostic tool.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Has anyone had these used on them other than a Dr. vist or hospital? 

Yes, all the salons near me use them.  They all check temperature at door, make you wash your hands before you touch anything in their facilities.  No big deal it has become the "new norm" since end of May when salons reopened.  

I heard local gyms were doing the same.  

1 hour ago, Bobal said:

So I have just recovered from Covid - as as my OH. At no time did he have a temperature and I had one on maybe 5 or 6 occasions during the course of a couple of weeks (I took my temperature regularly). I really don't think the issue is whether people want or don't want their temperature taken, it's that the whole procedure is pretty pointless in terms of a diagnostic tool.

Same here, my husband and I both had Covid over the holidays and neither of us ever had a fever.

15 hours ago, Glock said:

Guess you will be staying home.......because the cruise line is not going to ask you to drop your pants and bend over for a rectal temp