Anyone Else Get This Survey From HAL?

Roz

Today I received this email from HAL:

Dear ROZ,

As we continue to navigate through the pandemic, we are encouraged by signs of progress and look forward to a measured return to travel. During this time, we have been regularly evaluating the health and safety policies we may implement upon our return to sailing. We would like to hear your thoughts on some of the ideas under discussion. 

Please click the link below to participate in a brief survey.
TAKE THE SURVEY

Sincerely,
Holland America Line

I answered the questions, which basically asked me under what conditions I'd sail again, and my reaction to various policies - masks in indoor public areas, masks in outdoor public areas, vaccinations or no vaccinations for those under 16, COVID tests, temperature checks, masks and vaccinations for crew, etc.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Roz said:

Today I received this email from HAL:

Dear ROZ,

As we continue to navigate through the pandemic, we are encouraged by signs of progress and look forward to a measured return to travel. During this time, we have been regularly evaluating the health and safety policies we may implement upon our return to sailing. We would like to hear your thoughts on some of the ideas under discussion. 

Please click the link below to participate in a brief survey.
TAKE THE SURVEY

Sincerely,
Holland America Line

I answered the questions, which basically asked me under what conditions I'd sail again, and my reaction to various policies - masks in indoor public areas, masks in outdoor public areas, vaccinations or no vaccinations for those under 16, COVID tests, temperature checks, masks and vaccinations for crew, etc.

I had one many months ago. IIRC, I also started a thread with the same question.

• Like 3

I received it today, and completed it as a priority in my work to do today. 
It was as if they are reading some of the threads on this forum! 

Hopefully, they will pay attention to the answers. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Papadog said:

What just happened here!!
I read this about 5 minutes ago, and there were 44 reply’s, now there is two,

who has the power to remove them.

You are confusing two different threads, this one, and one, started earlier today, before this one, that has become focused on the email survey. Mods have the authority to edit threads, merging threads, removing posts, or the thread entirely. If you read the Cruise Critic guidelines,  this is fully explained there, and there is no appeal or contesting of their actions. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, erewhon said:

We have never received a survey from HAL.

Mariners of a few Stars must not be so important that they care what we think.  

Are they looking for "new cruisers" to provide their "bread and butter"?  

16 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

I received one, and am 4 star.  I’ve never received any other surveys, though!

Smooth Sailing! 🙂🙂🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

I received one, and am 4 star.  I’ve never received any other surveys, though!

Smooth Sailing! 🙂🙂🙂

And I got one and am 5 star. Also we have 4 cruises booked with HAL. It seems totally random. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Roz said:

Which is the correct way to do a survey.

Yes, random is the correct way, but there are different degrees of randomness.

Truly random would include the total population, but I don't think that was what they were aiming for. IMHO, they were aiming for the thoughts of past cruisers on HAL. So, it was a random survey of past HAL cruisers.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

We haven’t received a survey and currently have 140 days booked.   I don’t think I’ve ever received a survey like the one recently sent from HAL and I do longer get the post cruise surveys, although DW has gotten those.

50 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

It amazes me that people get so upset if they don’t get to participate in a random survey!😁

Why does it need to be random? Send it to every HAL account holder. It's a marketing decision, not a controlled medical trial.

• Like 3

It's less expensive to do a survey with a random sample than to survey the entire population.  If you feel strongly about something, send a letter to the HAL CEO.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

2 star mariner here and I got it. My husband did not. 

3 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Yes, random is the correct way, but there are different degrees of randomness.

Truly random would include the total population, but I don't think that was what they were aiming for. IMHO, they were aiming for the thoughts of past cruisers on HAL. So, it was a random survey of past HAL cruisers.

I'm sure HAL knows that repeat cruisers are their bread and butter, which would be why random HAL cruisers would be chosen to participate. 

I appreciated that last box to put in my extra thoughts so that my thinking is very clear. 

30 minutes ago, TriumphGuy said:

Why does it need to be random? Send it to every HAL account holder. It's a marketing decision, not a controlled medical trial.

Much too expensive to process that much information and really not necessary.  I used to conduct consumer research surveys and it was proven time and again that if done properly, a relatively small sample size of the subject pool is all that is necessary, adding more people did not change the results but did add alot to the expense side.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Roz said:

It's less expensive to do a survey with a random sample than to survey the entire population.  If you feel strongly about something, send a letter to the HAL CEO.

I see someone else also took statistics in college.😊

• Like 3
  • Haha 1