The Daily for Saturday September 04, 2021

richwmn

Good Morning All,

We have a clear, warm morning that is supposed to become hot soon, here in Nevada. 
We had a great trip. Will share a few pictures soon. I have several days of catching up to do in this forum. Will be piling my stuff in the car and taking off soon.

For now, this was sunset 3 days ago from close by our campsite.

E390F5E8-147C-421D-9520-D08C30FB1A50.jpeg

• Like 37

@smitty34877 Terry, that's good news that the PT seems to be helping Tana.  Hope she continues to improve as she continues PT.  Hope tne damage in the apartment and your basement isn't too extensive.

@ger_77  Gerry, welcome back.  back.  So glad you enjoyed your visit with your friends.  The picture is stunning.  Thank you for the anniversary wishes.

@TiogaCruiser  Sounds like you had a great trip.  Beautiful sunset.  Have a safe trip back home.

Lenda

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, puppycanducruise said:

@StLouisCruisersGracie is really cute.

Thank you.  She is the calm dog in the family, at least until a person walks down "her" street, or a bird tries to land in 'her" yard!

Now my two oldest grandkids have dogs.  One is Golden Retriever and the other is a German Shepard and I hear neither of them are calm.  I haven't met them yet due to Covid.

• Like 17

7 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Good Morning All,

We have a clear, warm morning that is supposed to become hot soon, here in Nevada. 
We had a great trip. Will share a few pictures soon. I have several days of catching up to do in this forum. Will be piling my stuff in the car and taking off soon.

That's such a pretty sunset!  Wow!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Good morning Rich and Daily-ites. Thank you for your faithful posting. 

Thank you Roy for addition of my sweet Allen to prayers list.

Paws, Mackenzie will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge. 

Love chicken wings but no sauces. Yesterday we stopped and I had wings and a salad. Today will be pork rib eye with baked potato and salad.

Allen used to live on bacon. Now rarely eats it, but when he does:

image.png.c59af187740b0d441c6325db0b34bff7.png

Bon Voyage to all sailing today. Wishing you fair winds and following seas.

Going to be a hot 99 today and 100 tomorrow. Outside work already done and leaving early for Farmer's market. 

Beautiful pictures today. Thanks for sharing. Sending out prayers, Cheers and blessings!

• Like 22
  • Haha 3

Good Morning Everyone, Thank you for all the info.  My b2b Carnival Sunshine December, was just canceled.  SO next up the Rotterdam in January b2b2b.  So it will be 2 full years without a cruise for me.  🙃  Have a blessed day everyone! 

Also I would like to 'relearn' HAL info, where would be the best place for me to look?  It will be exciting to see the reviews on the first sailings on this new ship.

Thanks so much. Debbie 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

🚢Bon Voyage to @atexsix, @dobiemom, @LAFFNVEGAS and @travelingbums

👍Thank You for The Daily, Rich @richwmn and to Roy @rafinmdfor both the Care and Celebration Lists.😊

We have been to Exmouth and remember how hot ( lots of flies as I recall) the day was! @tjcox9 your photos are more inviting.😉

🙏Prayers to all in need...we are up in Oregon on our 'road trip' getaway.

😷Katie

20210904_074735.jpg

FB_IMG_1630416818793.jpg

• Like 29

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the daily!  I tried to bring my manners to work every day - others, not so much.  Love crispy bacon, and would enjoy being invited to a tailgating party some day.

Wow, I'm gone for 3 days and there's a ton of catching up to do!  First of all, Bon Voyage to @LAFFNVEGAS, @dobiemom, @travelingbums and @atexsix, I hope you all have a wonderful cruise. 

Next, a belated Happy Anniversary to @Quartzsite Cruiser, 54 years is definitely cause for celebration. 

I'm pretty sure I'm missing someone's birthday, but will have to go back in the posts to check. 

@Horizon chaser 1957, I feel your pain sending your DD back to SE Asia; I felt bereft for days whenever our DS returned to Japan.

@Mr. Boston how sad to learn of Paw's passing.  It's heartbreaking for a family to lose a furbaby this way.

We had a wonderful few days with our dear friends - they are so hospitable, and are more like family than friends.  With them, it's a comfort just to sit in companionable silence with everyone enjoying being together, rather than having to do things all the time.  We did, however, do a full day of lake touring on Thursday; we left the house at 9:30AM and didn't return until 6:30PM.  They live in true lake country, where we visited 7 different lakes and saw cabins ranging from 1 room shacks that look like they've been there since the glaciers receded, to brand new log mansions that are too ostentatious to ever be called cabins.   We ended up at their lake property where their DD and DSIL had dinner waiting for us - we sat on their deck enjoying dinner and were treated to a beautiful sunset.

Sunset.jpg.0a4a29a0e1c1441701f7b8ed59ac9195.jpg

I like hot wings, but DH doesn't at all, so I'll enjoy some in a restaurant another time.  For today, we have yard work to catch up on, so I'm putting a pork loin in the slow cooker so we'll have pulled pork sandwiches and coleslaw for dinner tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Raising the glasses to celebrate all on the happy list.  Be well, stay safe, wash your hands, wear your masks, and hydrate!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Welcome back Gerry 👍 

It sounds like you had a lovely visit and this picture is gorgeous!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Melanie.

Tailgating in Europe is a big factor in lots of road traffic accidents where cars drive so close to the car in front of them to intimidate the driver to pull over and let them past.

if a car stops suddenly the tailgater has no time to stop and collides with the car in front.

And the party type of tailgating us a uniquely American thing! (Maybe canadian too for cities that have a football team)

• Like 13

1 hour ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Good Morning All,

Gorgeous pic!  Glad to her you enjoyed yourself.  Certainly with these kinds of views one couldn’t help but enjoy 👍 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning Everyone from a very hot and sunny day at the beach

Played golf this AM, we were first off, sun was hardly up. Wish it had stayed that way. It was really brutal out there today. I am now home, showered and not going out for the rest of the day. Usually the heat does not bother me, but it did today. Still had fun!

@Mr. Boston So sorry to hear about your sisters beloved dog. 

We are scheduled to go to Exmouth on our trip to Australia in the fall of 2022. Hoping it goes. Thank You to those that have posted pictures.

There is a surfing championship here today, so the beach is packed. Another reason to stay in.

Stay safe and enjoy today

• Like 19

Today's alternate menu suggestion is from the "Classics" page of Crystal Serenity's September 4, 2016 menu:

https://aroundamericabitbybit.files.wordpress.com/2016/09/menu0904.pdf

It's Chicken Consume with Spinach Crepe, Marinated Grilled Lamb Chop with Garlic Mash Potato, and Strawberry Ice Cream, and here's the lamb:

lambchop.jpg

Roy

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, all! I don’t have to bring anything to work any more, but manners are welcome everywhere. I love bacon. A simple BLT will keep me happy under most circumstances. I most associate tailgating with road trips or day trips where more than one vehicle is involved. We’ve had some wonderful picnics overlooking streams and mountains that way. I’ve even seen a cookbook devoted to sporting event parking lot tailgate parties,  with portable bbqs and all. Traffic style tailgating is far more common and far less desirable.

Exmouth was one of several Australian ports the Amsterdam was turned away from in March 2020. I remember ripping up excursion tickets for the day as they became invalid. That became a sort of daily ritual for a while. Obviously, no pictures, so I appreciate those that are posted. @ger_77Im so glad you got to visit your friends on the lake. It looks lovely there! @Mr. Boston my condolences on the passing of Paws. It is a hard loss for your DS and family.

Bon voyage to @dobiemom, @LAFFNVEGAS, @atexsixand @travelingbums. Have a wonderful time!

I printed a large scarf yesterday. The design was a bird in flight in the center, and a checkerboard of leaf squares around the outside. There was a major bundling accident, along with the fresh walnut leaves making unexpected ghosts prints right through the barrier. Several things shifted and it did NOT turn out as planned.However, the result is a bird flying into an orderly plan and leaving chaos in the wake of its wings. Very symbolic of 2020 - 2021. I kind of like it, but have no idea what to do with it.

I don’t usually show my failures, but here it is.

D799852E-6067-4790-8739-1375562AF95D.thumb.jpeg.60cee5c5dd5a82d18d795f3f6f646155.jpeg

Happy Saturday, and enjoy the long weekend, especially our Dailyites boarding a BHB today!

356CEEF4-312B-4771-8B1B-CFE35F427FC1.thumb.jpeg.ed44f786f7b95d1cf61cf2034e564fdb.jpeg

• Like 31

20 minutes ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

I printed a large scarf yesterday. The design was a bird in flight in the center, and a checkerboard of leaf squares around the outside. There was a major bundling accident, along with the fresh walnut leaves making unexpected ghosts prints right through the barrier. Several things shifted and it did NOT turn out as planned.However, the result is a bird flying into an orderly plan and leaving chaos in the wake of its wings. Very symbolic of 2020 - 2021. I kind of like it, but have no idea what to do with it.

I don’t usually show my failures, but here it is.

D799852E-6067-4790-8739-1375562AF95D.thumb.jpeg.60cee5c5dd5a82d18d795f3f6f646155.jpeg

It might have been a mistake but I like it too 👍 

• Like 13

3 minutes ago, Overhead Fred said:

Greetings All!

Just a quick note to say we made it into Canada OK (got "randomly" picked for in-home COVID screening 😉) and are safely ensconced at the cottage. Everything is in good shape after our almost 2-year absence!

Glad you are safe and sound at the cottage.  Yikes on the covid screening - hopefully no big deal. 🤞 

• Like 9

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Daily.

Great days. Some people do forget their manners at work, and anywhere else, sadly. Love bacon, but try to limit it. Tailgating is fun at football games. I like the quote.

I like the meal. I'll pass on the drink and wine.

I have been to Australia, but not today's destination. Thanks for the pictures.

Bon Voyage to those CC members getting on the NA today.

I did a lot of yardwork yesterday, including trimming and mowing the lawn. Although it wasn't that hot, it was sunny, and I was sweating a lot. I must not have drunk enough fluids, as while making dinner I became lightheaded and felt faint. I had to sit down for a bit. Once I'd eaten and got more fluids in I was fine. Then the power went out around 9PM! No explanation. At least it was cool out and I could open the windows. It came back on around 10:30.

@cat shepard It sounds like you'll be at your knee bend goal soon. Be careful in the garden. The Icelandic bread looks good; I'll have to check the King Arthur recipe.

@Sir PMP Love the emus!

@Mr. Boston So sad about your sister's family's loss of their dear pet.

@mamaofami Enjoy the visit with family.

@ger_77 It sounds like you had a wonderful time. And that photo is gorgeous!

@TiogaCruiser Beautiful photo. Safe trip home.

@Horizon chaser 1957 I think your "mistake" turned out very nicely.

@Overhead Fred I'm glad you made it there safely and the cottage is ok.

Prayers for the care list and cheers for the celebration list. 

Stay safe and wear your mask if needed. 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, Dailyites and many thanks to Rich, Roy and all who post.  A quiet day here, waiting to hear about DD's covid test - now her app says 24 to 48 hours, so who knows if we will be waiting until Tuesday.    Almost out of milk....

I have enjoyed all the amazing photos today!  

• Like 18
  • Haha 1