The Daily for Sunday September 12, 2021

richwmn

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Daily.

Good days. I just had a banana chocolate protein shake for lunch. Sadly I never knew any grandparents. I never had a pet, but know how important they have been to so many.

Great quote.

I like the meal and drink. I'll pass on the white wine.

I haven't been to today's destination.

I managed to get the lawn mowed this morning, before it got too hot. Temps are higher starting today. My BFF and I went to a little Thai restaurant last evening. We were able to sit outside. I had a very tasty chicken pad Thai.

@JAM37 Great that DH is continuing to improve.

@mamaofami Sorry it's taking so long to hear from Sam's doctors.

@grapau27 That lunch looks tasty!

@Seasick Sailor I'm glad you're feeling better today.

@lindaler Safe travels!

@kplady I hope you have a successful surgery and uncomplicated recovery.

Prayers for the care list and cheers for the celebration list.

Stay safe and wear your mask if needed.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, mamaofami said:

Over 24/hours and I still have no results of the CT Sam had of his chest and an MRI of his brain. Doctors are making rounds and I have no information yet. So frustrating. The MRI was done late at night and we have no results on any of the tests.

Hope you hear something soon so treatment can be started if necessary. 🙏🤞

• Like 9

3 hours ago, kplady said:

I know I don't post every day, but I definitely read everything (even going back if I missed a late post).  I will be missing a few days - I'm having surgery tomorrow to remove a tumor and fluid from my chest.  I'll be back as soon as possible!!

Prayers for all on the care list, and cheers to the celebration list.  Congratulations on those already cruising, either leaving for a cruise or returning....looking forward to ours next August!

Laura

All the best tomorrow, Ma'am! Thinking good thoughts!

• Like 11

After more than two years, we did something "normal".  We drove to Waco and walked through the enclosed mall.  DH was nice enough to sit patiently in the mall while I wandered through three stores, just browsing not buying.  We were pleasantly surprised that many people had on masks and the mall wasn't crowded.  All employees were masked.  😷

Mostly, we're still staying home and trying to stay safe as our numbers are still not good.

@lindaler  Linda, I don't envy you having to get up so early.  Have a safe drive and flight, and as you said, watch out for those deer. Hope you have smooth flights and a great visit with your son.

@Seasick Sailor  Joy, great you are feeling better.

@kplady  Laura, best wishes for a uneventful surgery and a quick and complete recovery.

Even though it's 90F out with a lot lower humidity, I'm headed out to mow the grass.  We have a slight chance of rain the next three days.  Since we haven't had rain for a long time, there is not much to mow, only the small part that is watered, so it shouldn't take long.

Lenda

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

@kpladysending healing vibes and prayers for an easy surgery tomorrow.

@lindalerbe careful on the roads - deer can be bothersome at times - and have a great trip.

@SusieKIslandGirlenjoy your visit with your little grandsons; there's nothing more precious than having their arms around your neck, no matter the age.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 16

2 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

Sam’s doctor finally came in late this am. He told Sam he should always listen to his wife because I was right. He had a small stroke . In hospital until they can raise his warfarin levels to the right amount.

I'm so glad you had the urge to call 911 no matter how much Sam might have protested.   I hope things in the hospital go well with the medication and he is back home soon.  Meanwhile, take care of yourself!

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

Sam’s doctor finally came in late this am. He told Sam he should always listen to his wife because I was right. He had a small stroke . In hospital until they can raise his warfarin levels to the right amount.

Sad to hear you were right 😔. But so glad you got him to the hospital and hopefully they can correct so it doesn’t re-occur 🤞 🙏🏻 

• Like 11

29 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

Sorry Sam has this set back, but glad you followed your instincts. Hope they can bring his warfarin levels to the right amount and that he is home soon.

• Like 12

47 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

Thank you for taking such good care of Sam.  Best wishes for a speedy resolution.

Roy

• Like 11

1 hour ago, mamaofami said:

Carol, sorry Sam had this setback, but so glad you followed your instincts.  Good wishes they can get his meds regulated and he's home soon.

Take care of yourself.

Lenda

• Like 8

Late to the party again, but I did want to pop in and send my good wishes to all.  @mamaofami, your Sam is very lucky he has you to keep an eye on him.  Tell him we all want him to appreciate you!  Hope he is better soon.

And @kplady, good luck with your procedure and hope all goes well.

• Like 13

Thanks for all the daily news, photos and humour.

@mamaofamithanks for letting us know about Sam, hope he will soon be stabilised and home again. The doctor was correct, husbands should always listen to their wives.!!

@kplady sending very best wishes for your surgery tomorrow, and complete recovery.

Today we have a partly sunny day, temperature 13 C.  The daylight hours are gradually increasing.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 11

6 hours ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

It's raining-really raining! The ground hasn't been this wet since June. I just hope it continues for a few more hours.  I guess I missed celebrating Grandparents Day by 1 day. I fly to Colorado tomorrow to visit my 2 grandsons for a week.

Great to hear as it was so dry when we were out there in early August. Wish we could send some of the almost six feet of rain we have received this year out West!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, mamaofami said:

Extra prayers for Sam. Glad you trusted your instinct. 

• Like 4