Guarantee way to...

klfhngr

27 minutes ago, klfhngr said:

get a widow table in the MDR?? For 2? First time wife and I are doing a cruise alone after 20 cruises! We need something to stare at! 😉

Send well written Request 2-3 weeks before sailing to rcldining@rccl.com. Don't do it any further out as requests can get changed or lost. Depending on Ship not many 2 tops at Windows but when I request same traveling Solo I usually get a 4 Top near Window to myself. Though depending time of yr or how late Seating might not see anything anyways as they close curtains when Suns Bright or Dark out. Did enjoy location back when Royal use to have us eat all 3 meals at same Table 

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ONECRUISER said:

Send well written Request 2-3 weeks before sailing to rcldining@rccl.com. Don't do it any further out as requests can get changed or lost. Depending on Ship not many 2 tops at Windows but when I request same traveling Solo I usually get a 4 Top near Window to myself. Though depending time of yr or how late Seating might not see anything anyways as they close curtains when Suns Bright or Dark out. Did enjoy location back when Royal use to have us eat all 3 meals at same Table 

Agree...we've had some great window 4tops also but haven't had to pre-request them as they arranged it once onboard.

• Like 2

Do you think it is more effective to send a mail a couple of weeks before the cruise or to talk to the Restaurant Manager on the cruise before as we do a short cruise before the TA on Wonder in October. On the longer cruise, we are a party of 8 and have a couple of first time cruiser which might enjoy sitting near a window. I also think those tables usually are a bit quieter than when you sit somewhere in the middle of the room with other tables on all sides.

• Like 1

I just called C&A and had them request private window seating for the 4 of us. I told them that my mom is hard of hearing, and she makes rather loud and unkind comments about other guests and their appearance or apparel. 😄 Which she unfortunately did, when she was still with us. I don't know why, generally unpleasant.

So, I went down to look at our table on that cruise. I looked at my card, and looked at our table number, <frowned> and miraculously, the table number was switched to the 4 seat next to the window. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Brandis said:

Do you think it is more effective to send a mail a couple of weeks before the cruise or to talk to the Restaurant Manager on the cruise before as we do a short cruise before the TA on Wonder in October.

Either might work, but you can be more of it when you talk to the staff on board.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Coralc said:

makes rather loud and unkind comments about other guests and their appearance or apparel. 😄 Which she unfortunately did, when she was still with us. I don't know why, generally unpleasant.

My Dad was like that too 🙂 NO FILTER at all. Seems not uncommon with the Greatest Generation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

We cruise quite often with friends. Whether it's just my wife and I or 3 other couples, I always send a request to rcldining@rccl.com and ask for a table by the window. I suppose there is no "guarantee" that we will get what we ask for but, every time I have asked, we have gotten it.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, klfhngr said:

We need something to stare at! 😉

I've done the email request and was granted a table by the window. I will add however it doesn't do much good because by the time you eat dinner it's dark out and can't see anything anyway.

• Like 3

First of all...there are no guarantees.  Request, beg, stamp your feet...yeah...but no guarantees.

Second...what time of the year are you cruising?  

If winter time, and your dining is 5:30 or later...all you will see at the window is your own reflection.  It will be dark out there.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, island lady said:

First of all...there are no guarantees.  Request, beg, stamp your feet...yeah...but no guarantees.

Second...what time of the year are you cruising?  

If winter time, and your dining is 5:30 or later...all you will see at the window is your own reflection.  It will be dark out there.  

Oct., 8 PM.

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I've done the email request and was granted a table by the window. I will add however it doesn't do much good because by the time you eat dinner it's dark out and can't see anything anyway.

Agree, also when Cruise with shorter days in Fall/Winter. I'd sit at 530 and they were already closing Curtains some of my Cruises

• Like 1

13 hours ago, klfhngr said:

get a widow table in the MDR?? For 2? First time wife and I are doing a cruise alone after 20 cruises! We need something to stare at! 😉

Depending on which ship, there may not be any windows to look out from.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, klfhngr said:

Not much to see in the dark. We have always asked for and received a table along the balcony railing.  Have never sailed a RCL ship with individual dining rooms. Have a cruise on Ovation and Quantum later this year and am not looking forward to the small enclosed dinning rooms.

9 hours ago, HicksRA said:

If in a suite, just ask your concierge when the email comes. This is what I do and it’s always been taken care of. 

Yet another disappointment with the Harmony concierge,  I requested a table by the window for our party of 6 and we were smack dab in the middle of the dining room.

9 hours ago, rockmom said:

You won't see anything out the window at that time, only your reflection looking back at you.  

21 hours ago, klfhngr said:

We need something to stare at! 😉

And what's better than staring at yourself in the window? 😊

Of course if it was me, it would be the cruise I lost 20 pounds. 🤢

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, taylortime05 said:

We’ll be on the Radiance for a northbound Alaska cruise next Friday.  How’s their dining room?  Is it worth getting a seat by the table for 5:30 dinner?  It should definitely still be light outside.  

Radiance has the multiple story dining rooms. We have had a table on the balcony and it gave a great view. 

17 hours ago, Coralc said:

I just called C&A and had them request private window seating for the 4 of us. I told them that my mom is hard of hearing, and she makes rather loud and unkind comments about other guests and their appearance or apparel. 😄 Which she unfortunately did, when she was still with us. I don't know why, generally unpleasant.

So, I went down to look at our table on that cruise. I looked at my card, and looked at our table number, <frowned> and miraculously, the table number was switched to the 4 seat next to the window. 

We had the table numbers switched on us before (a 4top window). We were on a B2B and mid-cruise 2nd leg a solo cruiser tried the switcheroo ...it didn't work out so well for him :classic_wacko:

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Ashland said:

We had the table numbers switched on us before (a 4top window). We were on a B2B and mid-cruise 2nd leg a solo cruiser tried the switcheroo ...it didn't work out so well for him :classic_wacko:

This was the head waiter, that switched it while I was standing there. 

28 minutes ago, Ashland said:

My wife and me and two grandkids were on the Radiance so I checked where our assigned table was in the dining room and it was a good table but for 6 and I knew we weren't going to eat in the dining room every night so I picked out a table for 4. 1st night didn't eat in dining room used BOGO in Italian restaurant 2nd night we were getting ready to go but got a phone call from a staff member/friend on board and we did dinner with him in Chops. 3rd night didn't like menu so didn't go. 4th night got there got seated and then staff member maybe asst head waiter said we were at wrong table and table number changes from 1st to 2nd seating. So he moved us to another table in a bad location so 

he not only lied to us he embarrassed my family. We have been Diamond Plus for a long time so I knew he was lying. Anyhow it didn't work out well for him as I was told he got a written reprimand in his file. The friend we had dinner with the second night was the hotel director. And we also had dinner with him last night of the cruise.

11 hours ago, taylortime05 said:

We’ll be on the Radiance for a northbound Alaska cruise next Friday.  How’s their dining room?  Is it worth getting a seat by the table for 5:30 dinner?  It should definitely still be light outside.  

I always request a table by the window. Sometimes there are views, sometimes there aren't. Request a table by the window, it can't hurt.

• Like 1