The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday November 24th, 2022

richwmn

4 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report. Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate.  I suspect that we will have turkey today. Since we are taking thr family out to a local diner I'm open to their chicken croquettes,  they are very good and I don't get them at home.  The good sister has a bottle of coquito for DH. I'm not telling him as he's doing  80mph.  We are over half way to our destination.

I hope that everyone has a good day today. 

Safe travels, especially at that speed.  Enjoy your day with family.

Lenda

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Happy Thanksgiving to our US Dailyites...and Happy Thursday to everyone!

We'll be leaving in a bit to head to CT to our niece's home - they have hosted the family Thanksgiving dinner for many years.  It's so nice to be able to get together with family, especially after the last couple of years.

Turkey is not my favorite dinner - I will have some, but there will also be ham and all the normal sides. And LOTS of desserts!!

Happy 60th anniversary to @Vict0riannAnn and Pat!!

Happy angel birthday to @kazu's Jose.

Prayers for our long Care list.

I'll lift a glass (maybe a beer!) to all on our Celebration list.

Hoping everyone has a wonderful day today!

Laura

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for our American Thanksgiving Day Report & Daily, Rich!  Roy, thank you for keeping our lists! Dixie, thank you for finding & sharing those great drink recipes! Debbie, (and Tina) thank you for finding great info about our meals and a multitude of recipes! Sandi, Lenda, Carolyn, Jacqui and everyone who share their amazing pictures of the port du jour - thank you for taking the time to do that. I still haven’t figured out why 95% of my Alaska pics were unpostable. 

All the Dailyites make this such an amazing place of caring & sharing!

Right now it is the calm before the storm. I just finished my first cup of coffee and am about to start my second. Life is good and crazy and boy did I miss this for the past 2.75 years.  I hope everyone has a great day, no matter where you are. 

2F0C60F0-3C9A-4774-8F23-2E1505642715.jpeg.41cbee7191d8b2ab33694fe311896c70.jpeg

74213D33-E2C7-4867-B4C6-F848A2C44FD3.jpeg.2e71972090076f58a7cf45da74a9489b.jpeg

DE7D92C4-EDD3-4ECD-A4D9-6BC8E70814B7.png.0ad489c3461114639c1e6a29e8eba6ed.png

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! @Vict0riann Happy 60th to you & Pat! 

Stay well everyone!

The Dreaming Tree Chardonnay

This Chardonnay has good - very good critic and consumer reviews. Available in numerous locations with prices starting at $7.99. 

Distributor Notes

The fruit jumps out of the glass and reminds you of roasted pear or baked apple pie. Big fruit and brown spices that are backed by a distinct Central Coast citrus note. The entry coats your mouth with these great flavors. Easy to enjoy, this wine will bring the coastal wine adventure right to your home.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 2

Happy Thanksgiving to our Daily friends who celebrate. 

image.png.cdf1c72054f21455fe3085dc58abc607.png

I'm thankful all my work is done as we will be at friends for our Thanksgiving celebration. I just made desserts. 

Skipping over ole D.B... I believe Anne Frank was a brave young woman who brought life to the pages she wrote. Has anyone read The Betrayal of Anne Frank? 

To all on Roy's Prayer and Care list, I'm praying for you. 

@kazu I'm thankful your luggage arrived. I hope you are on the mend with your foot. (And your heart) 

image.png.ec47d0ea179ce3df1f2b7e2dbf28317d.png

Hoping all of our friends on CC who are cruising have fair winds today.

image.png.d142471706964be45bb2dec43006f798.png

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Good sunny morning. Thanksgivings blessings to all celebrating today. 
    I’ve been to San Juan many times. I remember sailing out on NYE and watching fireworks going off on shore.

🍾🎉 @Vict0riannfor 60 years of happiness and joy.

@Crazy For Catssafe travels . What good PA diner are you celebrating at?

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good sunny morning. Thanksgivings blessings to all celebrating today. 
    I’ve been to San Juan many times. I remember sailing out on NYE and watching fireworks going off on shore.

🍾🎉 @Vict0riannfor 60 years of happiness and joy.

@Crazy For Catssafe travels . What good PA diner are you celebrating at?

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

We are going to the Collegeville Diner.  My mom's favorite and the food is good. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Happy Thursday dba Thanksgiving in the USA.  My favorite part of the turkey is the stuffing.  Hence the chicken today.  I hope that where ever you are in the world today you know how thankful I am that you are in the world!  

off to clean, the cheater quiche came out a bit too sweet (darn way too buttery crescent rolls-so I only ate three slices) I miss diners!  The only one that I knew of in our area closed during year one of covid. Then they tore it down, and built more apartments.  There are famous diners in Atlanta, but face it, they do not look, feel or feed you like a diner in PA or NJ.

have a wonderful  day!

thanksgiving-meme-21.jpg

• Like 19
  • Haha 4

Like @MISTER 67 , @Quartzsite Cruiser, and others, I don't think D.B. Cooper's actions are worth a day of celebration. That being said, it seems that our nation loves celebrating infamous outlaws. Why did we hear, in our history classes, of the perpetrators of the Boston Tea Party as heroes of the American Revolution? During the wild west days there are too many infamous outlaws to even mention them all, but most will recognize Billy the Kid, Doc Holiday, Jesse James, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, etc.

Then there is Bonnie and Clyde.

And the whole Robin Hood thing (okay, not just an American problem) seems like a wonderful justification for doing the wrong thing for the right reason.

We in the Pacific Northwest seem to have our share of outlaw legends. You can add the Barefoot Bandit story to D.B. Cooper's story. The Barefoot Bandit was an infamous teenager that stole numerous planes, boats, bicycles, and cars. He would break into homes and take whatever he "needed" to live off the land. And then there is Richard Russell (aka 'Bebo') who stole a commercial plane from Sea-Tac Airport and flew it around the Puget Sound doing barrel rolls and other maneuvers before crashing into Ketron Island. People seem to be fascinated with sin. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

Good morning friends!  However since we've moved our clocks ahead 1 hour twice already it is nearly noon here!  Last night we went to Pinnacle for dinner and it was delicious I am happy to say.  We were totally stuffed and had to pass on dessert.  Horrors!  Then we moved the clock ahead one hour last night and slept in so late this morning.  We had breakfast at 9 am which is unheard of for us.  The seas are rocking us and the Captain has changed our time in port tomorrow for Devil's Island, French Guiana, Rich @richwmn.  Now it is 7 am to 1:30 pm last tender back to the ship.  So sounds like a 2 pm or later departure.

Happy 60th anniversary Ann and Pat @Vict0riann!  Quite an achievement!  And happy heavenly birthday to Jose today.  Ann @cat shepard (I'm sorry the blue bubble won't pop up on this dial up ship's internet), but that 350 degree temperature meme is hilarious!

Rich's post for San Juan, Puerto Rico was last year on August 1 and here is a link to capture your photos, everyone.  Mine are below. 

Today's port of San Juan we have visited many times.  I enjoy it though I do remember the first time we were there was the start of the 2006 Crown Princess cruise we took our DD on.  Our room at the Hilton was having a hard time keeping up with the humidity.  When we returned from dinner we noticed our passport pages were trying to curl up!  We put a heavy weight on them overnight to counteract the humidity in our room.  We really had to crank up that A/C!!

Some images from our Feb. 3, 2018 Veendam visit .

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLHiu9GtVXsac_fu0wv8cfp?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJt3fLAqM4Ka0sBmnVDmDN0?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLKHc2ckefV-dXzXWNYlx09?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLgTD4pu0b5NWPj0r8Cq9O5?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLmH2c4T2ESBtSXEaN4d7N-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJDhMeVcVxvKEMpIQFIhQBQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKGU3hCUDp_NgRBvvmHmY4A?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKTtucRVIkkJdWLTuMjZH9Q?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK3vnNtoTCNRerk8Wciou-8?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL00sNMeuJl_Z55KtOpz90o?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIMYWlhGk8QSfx8GgjYidKJ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

I was just perusing some 2019 Rotterdam visit to San Juan photos and saw a couple of unique ones.  This was Valentine's Day too!

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ33YU2qiuzsiaQo7htZ6q7?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK_f0IjbHjP-QkRM4guckzl?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

What a romantic dessert!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK6lC1qnxPWarLTRkn8niAu?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

• Like 21
  • Thanks 6

36 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  However since we've moved our clocks ahead 1 hour twice already it is nearly noon here!  Last night we went to Pinnacle for dinner and it was delicious I am happy to say.  We were totally stuffed and had to pass on dessert.  Horrors!  Then we moved the clock ahead one hour last night and slept in so late this morning.  We had breakfast at 9 am which is unheard of for us.  The seas are rocking us and the Captain has changed our time in port tomorrow for Devil's Island, French Guiana, Rich @richwmn.  Now it is 7 am to 1:30 pm last tender back to the ship.  So sounds like a 2 pm or later departure.

Happy 60th anniversary Ann and Pat @Vict0riann!  Quite an achievement!  And happy heavenly birthday to Jose today.  Ann @cat shepard (I'm sorry the blue bubble won't pop up on this dial up ship's internet), but that 350 degree temperature meme is hilarious!

Rich's post for San Juan, Puerto Rico was last year on August 1 and here is a link to capture your photos, everyone.  Mine are below. 

Today's port of San Juan we have visited many times.  I enjoy it though I do remember the first time we were there was the start of the 2006 Crown Princess cruise we took our DD on.  Our room at the Hilton was having a hard time keeping up with the humidity.  When we returned from dinner we noticed our passport pages were trying to curl up!  We put a heavy weight on them overnight to counteract the humidity in our room.  We really had to crank up that A/C!!

Some images from our Feb. 3, 2018 Veendam visit .

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLHiu9GtVXsac_fu0wv8cfp?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJt3fLAqM4Ka0sBmnVDmDN0?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLKHc2ckefV-dXzXWNYlx09?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLgTD4pu0b5NWPj0r8Cq9O5?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLmH2c4T2ESBtSXEaN4d7N-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJDhMeVcVxvKEMpIQFIhQBQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKGU3hCUDp_NgRBvvmHmY4A?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKTtucRVIkkJdWLTuMjZH9Q?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK3vnNtoTCNRerk8Wciou-8?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL00sNMeuJl_Z55KtOpz90o?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIMYWlhGk8QSfx8GgjYidKJ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

I was just perusing some 2019 Rotterdam visit to San Juan photos and saw a couple of unique ones.  This was Valentine's Day too!

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ33YU2qiuzsiaQo7htZ6q7?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK_f0IjbHjP-QkRM4guckzl?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

What a romantic dessert!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK6lC1qnxPWarLTRkn8niAu?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Lovely photos Sandi.

I hope you are both having an amazing cruise.

Graham.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Happy Thanksgiving.

Black Widow Martini cocktail:

Ingredients
3 parts Pinnacle® Original Vodka
2 parts DeKuyper® Razzmatazz® Schnapps Liqueur
1 part DeKuyper® Triple Sec Liqueur
1 part Pomegranate Juice
1 part Lemon Juice

Instructions
Add ingredients to an ice-filled shaker and shake until well chilled. Shake and strain into a chilled martini glass.

Screenshot 2022-11-24 at 10.48.39 AM.png

• Like 15
  • Thanks 8

Happy Thanksgiving! 🦃 We’ve already celebrated with DH’s family last Saturday (our tradition) so I’m cooking a prime rib for us later today. 

I'm still playing catch-up on reading the fleet report/daily. My goal is to catch-up before I leave on my Discovery Princess cruise with DD in 9 days. But I’m working, going to a craft fair (Harvest Festival, last of the season), and then of course packing. So I’ll do the best I can. (The good thing is I’ll have Wi-Fi this cruise so we’ll see how good it is.)

Prayers 🙏 for all on the Care list. And a big woohoo 🥳 to those on the Celebrations/Shoutout list. 

Happy heavenly birthday to Jose @kazu🤗😘.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

@dfish I love your idea of sharing our Thanksgiving traditions.  Marylanders always have sauerkraut.  I drain sauerkraut, put it in a crockpot,  add some turkey broth and the turkey neck and let it cook on the porch all day.

When Lincoln made Thanksgiving a national holiday in 1863, about one-fourth of Baltimore’s population was German. One of Thanksgiving’s social functions is to ease feelings of social dislocation felt by immigrants, and there is no better way to do that than to add an ethnic dish to an otherwise American meal. Sauerkraut on Baltimore Thanksgiving tables is now regularly served with turkey, with or without the pork, and represents a custom spread across cultures in the region. This illustrates the American ability to adapt and absorb ethnic cultural traditions.  

494D4AF8-06D8-4978-BE18-9FACC66A5AB7.thumb.jpeg.0b1d4aa26a94c6a66fbc4b9dd66e1e91.jpeg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

Happy Thanksgiving. One of the things I am really thankful for this year is that I just have to drive across town and have a wonderful time with my family, 2 sons and a grandson. And it will all be vegan today. I will try to get pictures as my son is a renowned chef for vegan food. Thanks everyone.  

• Like 23

3 minutes ago, 0106 said:

When Lincoln made Thanksgiving a national holiday in 1863, about one-fourth of Baltimore’s population was German. One of Thanksgiving’s social functions is to ease feelings of social dislocation felt by immigrants, and there is no better way to do that than to add an ethnic dish to an otherwise American meal. Sauerkraut on Baltimore Thanksgiving tables is now regularly served with turkey, with or without the pork, and represents a custom spread across cultures in the region. This illustrates the American ability to adapt and absorb ethnic cultural traditions.  

After being married for almost 20 years to a life long Baltimore guy we had the Sauerkraut and my DH would find Smithfield Ham which was served with dinner.  His Dad grew up in Accomac Virginia and that was their tradition.  

@Vict0riannHappy 60th Anniversary! 

60 Diamond Years Birthday Cake Topper 60th Anniversary Cake Topper, Happy  60th Wedding Cake Topper, Anniversary Party Decor, Diamond Anniversary -  Walmart.com

@kazu Sending you wishes on the anniversary of Jose's birthday.   February 28th is always a memory day for me.   

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3