The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday November 29th, 2022

richwmn

Good morning to everyone.

We are so excited today that work will finally begin on our house.  

We have been waiting almost three months for this. 

However, we have had one disappointment in that the flooring we chose is not available and we had to select something different.  It is darker and while my husband likes it, i am not that fond of it.  Oh, well!

I am up early and dressed because I have to bring my car in for servicing.  It is the 6 month checkup and oil change, etc.

I am still very busy trying to finish up changing the emails and getting all bills paid.  

We leave for our 18-day Christmas cruise on Dec. 7.  We will stay in Jax one night and then two nights in Miami,  We board the Nautica on Dec. 10 until Dec. 28.  

I can’t wait to get out of this dumpy apartment.

Thank you @richwmnfor the Daily and Fleet report.

I like the days.  Charitable donations are good, At one point in my life I did learn to Square Dance.  Not sure I can do it now.  I like Lemon Cream Pie.

As for the meal, I don’t eat Cauliflower, so the pizza is out of the question.

The wine sounds good, but I will pass on the drink.

I like the quote.

Thank you @rafinmdfor the cares list.  Prayers for all on it.  Cheers for those who have reason to celebrate and those cruising.  Enjoy!

Have a great day everyone. Have to get out of here and to the car dealer.

God Bless,

Terr

• Like 25

51 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  We arrived today in Alter do Chao to rain but it seems to be dry out there right now.  If we tender over to shore we won't be staying long.  I noticed today is La Rochelle, France and that was a port on our European rivers cruise in Sept. 2018.  However trying to get those photos on DH's tiny travel laptop is a real chore.  Shutterfly doesn't want to load them.  I can see some photos on my phone but can't get a great look at the tiny thumbnail photos, so quite a chore.  I see Graham's photos and it does bring some memories to mind. 

Anyway, this is a first time post for La Rochelle so no link required today to Rich's post.  Maybe we will go to shore now, and check back in later.  If I can get any photos posted I'll do it then.  Meanwhile, prayers for all in need and cheers for all celebrating. 🥂 Hope your day is a good one!❤️

More La Rochelle photos from our September 2022 Anthem of the seas cruise.

IMG_20220906_111855.jpg

IMG_20220906_112916.jpg

IMG_20220909_082034.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 3

Good morning, everyone!

It is supposed to be a mild day but breezy.  Rain is moving in tonight, so we are mostly overcast.  I took Square Dancing in college as a phys ed class.  We were required to take two.  I really enjoyed it.  It was a great cardio workout and tons of fun.  It is a good thing that there isn't a lemon creme pie in the house.  I know I'd eat it and I don't need to do that.  

I had a great first visit with my new doctor today.   Finding a good fit with a doctor is so important and I think I got that.  We ended up talking for over an hour, sharing philosophy, travel experiences, etc.  We didn't get to sharing recipes though.  

When I first saw today's meal, I thought of pizza with the cauliflower crust.  I guess you could use a cauliflower crust, but that isn't what this recipe is.  And, @marshhawk, Annie, you can roast the cauliflower with olive oil and then put it on the pizza and drown it in cheese.  The best of both worlds! This first one is basically cauliflower, mozzarella, parmesan, and some greens.  It comes together quickly for dinner on a busy night, especially if you keep the cauliflower on hand.  https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/cauliflower_sheet_pan_pizza/

1504110587_cauliflowerpizza1.thumb.jpg.c41e31e3987e7e41505c4e7dfe6ce0aa.jpg

This one sounded really good to me with the roasted garlic.  I love garlic and put it in almost everything except breakfast cereal.  https://foxeslovelemons.com/roasted-cauliflower-and-garlic-pizza/

818608124_cauliflowerpizza3.jpg.3498b14910144390dae53d10fdb46fe6.jpg

This one shows that this is really a very versatile dish.  You can change it up to meet your tastes very easily.  This one uses red onion, some red pepper flakes for a little heat, and gruyere cheese.   https://www.womansday.com/food-recipes/food-drinks/recipes/a12445/roasted-cauliflower-pizza-recipe-wdy1213/

1111935831_cauliflowerpizza2.thumb.jpg.9d112b30c89c167515c23b3f209ac4af.jpg

I would probably try this recipe because of the variation of ingredients.  It has a good blend of flavors and isn't just cauliflower.   https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/cauliflower-tomato-and-olive-pizza-3894798

1195101181_cauliflowerpizza4.jpeg.7e801439656676976a86eafbad47d42d.jpeg

This last one is more of a vegetable side dish as it doesn't have a real crust.  It uses the cauliflower as a vehicle for the rest of the ingredients.  I think it would be pretty darn good, myself.  https://www.mydiaryofus.com/blog/roasted-cauliflower-pizza-bake

741718370_cauliflowerpizza5.thumb.jpg.1f1957ad4eaa1372ba4ceb7ffcb182ed.jpg

Lots to choose from today.  If you do cauliflower pizza, you have carbs to spare for the lemon creme pie.   

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 12

Good morning from central Texas.  The temperature was 66F when I woke up this morning.  It is supposed to be in the lower 70s this afternoon.  Hopefully, I can get the cars washed today because tomorrow we will be back down in the low 50s.

I did read all of yesterday's Daily, but did not have time to comment.  Maybe I'll be able to later today.

I finally finished the cookies late last night, so now there are no naked Santas. 😁   Later today, I'll tackle the mess in the kitchen and get it cleaned up.

Square dancing was big in west Texas when I was growing up.  My parents were members of a square dance club, and I learned to square dance at an early age.  I haven't square dance since college, but I enjoyed it.  I salute Giving Tuesday, and DH would enjoy a lemon cream pie if one comes our way.

A very interesting quote today.

We'll pass on the meal, while I like roasted cauliflower, please don't put any on my pizza.  We'll also pass on the drink and the wine.

We were in La Rochelle on September 26, 2017, on Prinsendam.  We enjoyed walking around the town, especially the old walled part.

@seagarsmoker  Glad you made it through a full day of work yesterday.

@MISTER 67  Good luck at the hand surgeon today.  I hope you're on the golf course tomorrow.

@mamaofami  Carol, hoping for continues negative tests.  Hope your grandson recovers soon.

@dfish  Debbie, I'm glad your new doctor is a good fit.  We've have a great doctor here, and a so-so one in Quartzsite.  We're now doing all our main appointments here.

This is the area where the shuttle dropped us off and picked us up.

DSC00682.thumb.JPG.fbbb2ab05d243e6c91a0d8502ca64d8a.JPG

DSC00683.thumb.JPG.773b0eea5876a0e173b21e001ee06e36.JPG

The locals selling their wares

DSC00684.thumb.JPG.b5597a75775c0d2ecadb6717952fc12e.JPG

Looking across the small boat harbor toward the walled part of town.

DSC00690.thumb.JPG.317b1e536bb3d4e15471e58295582a74.JPG

Some of the many side walk cafes in case one didn't get enough to eat on the ship.

DSC00692.thumb.JPG.a658a091ea526a3201be5ebd69eae4c7.JPG

DSC00693.thumb.JPG.973f64451d43505a8dd5ba5290bdc1aa.JPG

DSC00700.thumb.JPG.708de18023f0c5b75caf87ea70fe1451.JPG

The gate to the walled area from outside and inside.

DSC00708.thumb.JPG.15d22b814f23a2a8fff15e5901f0fae2.JPG

DSC00696.thumb.JPG.098fbee93ae46c2cf062056de759104f.JPG

Once through the gate, there were more opportunities to eat or get something to drink.

DSC00694.thumb.JPG.d3eac83caa12f7f15cfdac8017312478.JPG

Just one of the many narrow streets

DSC00697.thumb.JPG.512032ea42f8eb24863d2a70b4eebe14.JPG

One of the houses in town

DSC00707.thumb.JPG.9799e6ec536754f315136c1c259af760.JPG

The wall with a tower that looks it could have been taken from Cinderella's castle.

DSC00702.thumb.JPG.6e622e185a00a829953cf1dd9291109a.JPG

The small boat harbor and the city gates protecting the harbor.

DSC00699.thumb.JPG.17d707fca9bf28ac6c75cafe7f61dea3.JPG

DSC00712.thumb.JPG.3cc7b82c4dadba144e34590bf3a76251.JPG

😱 When I opened the blinds just now, I discovered it’s been raining again!  Right now, there is still water in the ditches and flelds.  The desert southwest needs the rain now more than we do.  I saw a report that the drought there is the worst in more than 1200 years.  The 1200 is not a typo unfortunately.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 9

Good morning. It a brisk 38 degrees this morning in the Bay Area. No on the cauliflower pizza. I’m a traditionalist when it comes to pizzas. Red based sauce and thin regular crust. Another day of sitting around the house and will be starting a new book and pack as we have to be at Oakland airport at 6:00 AM!

I believe son is picking up to go food from a Greek Restaurant tonight. 
Not much to add here other then thanks for the reports and to all who contribute.

• Like 24

Thanks for our Tuesday Daily, Rich.

Nice collection of days.  My grief counselling spot is making use of Giving Tuesday and I had a note to give to them today.

Not sure I agree with today’s quote.  Loved La Rochelle - such a pretty spot!

Not sure what the weather holds for us in the next couple of days - they are talking rain but it is too cold to rain.  So, hopefully it warms up or it is snow.  I just don’t want ice 😉 I am now on countdown and watching weather for my flight assuming I can go 🤞 

thought I would tag on to @Crazy For CatsKaren joke today 😉 

6AFF4DA1-4EA7-4555-BDF6-7C0D2A4E870C.thumb.jpeg.551e59ef9eea0ba5c0335da438bb3b56.jpeg

1 hour ago, mamaofami said:

Good morning everyone. I am still testing negative for covid but very nervous.

Hoping it stays that way for you, Carol 🙏🏻 

26 minutes ago, dfish said:

I had a great first visit with my new doctor today.   Finding a good fit with a doctor is so important and I think I got that. 

Yay Debbie!  Good news and you’re right - it is so important to find a doctor who is a good fit - glad to hear you have. 👍

@MISTER 67good luck with your appointment today - hope you get the all clear 🤞 

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and a 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

926C0EB5-3BC5-4EE8-864F-8757EC060344.jpeg.f8fcfc08e1cac11040671c72fe92c6e4.jpeg

Have a great Tuesday everyone and stay safe.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

Thank you Rich, thank you Roy, thank you Debbie, thank you Cat Shepard, and thank you Dixie for your daily contribution! And thank you all for being here!

Up early this morning to fulfill father-in-law duties. My daughter, DSIL, and beautiful Lily are are driving to Chicago next week. First time to meet her grandmother (my ex) so my DSIL has his car in for service. Picked him up at the dealership to drive him home. Spending some quality time with him. The advantages of them being 1/2 mile away now compared to over the mountain as before.

Stay Safe!

- Jack

• Like 25

Good morning Dailyites.  Thanks Rich for the Fleet report. 

I don't want to jinx us, but our care list is getting smaller. Prayers lifted for our Daily friends and family. Carol hoping you stay negative. 

@MISTER 67 I hope your appointment goes well today. About square dancing when you were growing up: my grandparents and aunts and uncles lived in Chicago. I grew up in Algonquin. There were huge Bohemian (me) Polish etc population and we all learned to square dance at an early age. It was not quite like a country western call. I loved it. I miss it.

I already knew when I got up today Luggage Forward would request I drop our luggage off at UPS tomorrow. No problem as it's a few miles from here and I don't like leaving our bags on our porch up to a 5 hour window.

It will be a beautiful day today. We're going to shop for a few last minute gifts and join friends for a late lunch downtown (to avoid eating a cauliflower pizza, LOL)

image.png.a9b3cb507d29267c666409cead25db4f.png

I love our downtown square. It's beautifully decorated with Christmas music playing. 

image.png.c59d3738ad0c9c9d88bfd0d826d9c79d.png

Wishing you a wonderful day. Choose joy. 

Blessings and Cheers 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

Good Tuesday morning!   I love lemon cream pie but I haven't had it in years.   We had to take square dancing class in gym when I was in 10th grade.  It was in addition to other dances and it was called Folk Activity,  we had a more appropriate name for us who hated it.  Rhymes with Folk activity.   A good thought provoking quote.    I will pass on the cauliflower pizza, I can only enjoy cauliflower raw.   The cocktail looks great and will probably pass on the Rose'.  On this dingy but warm day I am enjoying the photos of sunny La Rochelle.  Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Reports!   Thanks for the Cares and Celebrations lists!   Prayers for all on our care list and for the people of Ukraine. 

DSIL texted me this morning.  DB had a vascular ultrasound yesterday afternoon and he spent the night in the hospital, hopefully in a room.   He went through the insertion of the PIc line procedure at 8AM today.   DSIL does not know if he will get back to the rehab by evening as slow as the transfer ambulance service.  At least with it in his chest it won't interfere with his arm movements for PT.  

I have to get mouthwash and toothpaste.   I have a lot on the house but it is relegated for the long cruise and I don't want to draw from that.  I am also going to get my nails done and see DB if he arrives back at rehab at a decent hour.   

Have a great day! 

• Like 21

Time to start wearing your masks if you don't already.  I always follow this map when I decide I want to go into the public since I catch everything that comes along.  Thankfully Michigan isn't a hot spot yet.  When I work at our annual Greens Sale next Saturday I signed up for outside duty doing Wreathes and Roping.   We will have to slowly drive through the south on our way to our 12/27 cruise.  It has been a hot zone for the last 4 weeks.  Stay safe! image.thumb.png.fb962c1dc79dad20a24cd01aa6be2cdf.png

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

I wanted cauliflower-crust pizza on Sunday but the store didn't have any. I think, however, that the cauliflower pizza for today is something else, probably made with a slice of cauliflower. I wouldn't mind a Kentucky Sunrise, if anyone wants to send one over. Hey, with the weather here, any kind of sun-anything would be welcome right now.

I haven't been to La Rochelle. Heck, I haven't even been to New Rochelle, which is in the state where I live, although I remember it as the home of Rob and Laura on the Dick van Dyke Show. My organization doesn't participate in Giving Tuesday because our area had a regional day of giving two weeks ago. We did participate in that, and happened to win a bonus through a drawing for early registration.

1919683850_steel-woolshleep.jpg.5787934a874cb79fb1ed1d61f2b7ce2f.jpg

• Like 16
  • Haha 10

Hey everybody, saw the hand surgeon at 8AM, said the finger is healing well and I'll still have swelling for another month but he gave me the OK to golf. Sped home and grabbed some clubs and rushed to the range and hit some balls, a little stiff but will play my regular game tomorrow.

Thanks for all the nice wishes and caring. This is really a great group with some of the nicest people on the planet. This wasn't the worse affliction compared to what others are going through but there was a chance of the infection getting so bad I could have lost part of the finger, so again thanks to you all.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 2

Good morning and thanks everyone who contributes, including our leader, Rich. I learn so much reading this thread. I went kayaking last night and it was wonderful. 65 degrees, no wind just a mellow reflective river. It is a nice way to spend a few hours away from normal life. Today we are to prepare for a major storm. I am hoping it does what it says and heads a little north of us with the two inch hail and tornados. Not that I wish it on others but away from me. Is that too selfish? Maybe wish it would just die down to a mild weather pattern instead of a storm.  Hope everyone has a great day. 

• Like 21

Good morning Dailyites!

Today we are supposed to start getting snow. It's currently 20F on the front porch and the sky is a grey "snow" sky but it needs to warm up a bit for the white stuff to happen. Our roads were quite wet yesterday when I was driving home (in daylight) so I'm hesitant to head out this morning. I'd warned DH and the staff that I would probably stay home today due to weather conditions and he was ok with it. Yesterday he walked 50 feet in the parallel bars! I owe him a milkshake (strawberry) on my next trip in. 

I have plans to get things done at home today - rearrange the living room and put the tree up (not decorate but up), do some cleaning, make some cookies, get some wrapping done (I'm heading to BC on Saturday possibly and need to take gifts up) and get the Christmas cards out. I feel a bit guilty not going in to see DH but I could really use the day at home and I don't need to get into an accident due to the roads. I'm a wimpy snow and ice driver. 

Have a good day everyone!

Karen

• Like 24

1 hour ago, MISTER 67 said:

Hey everybody, saw the hand surgeon at 8AM, said the finger is healing well and I'll still have swelling for another month but he gave me the OK to golf. Sped home and grabbed some clubs and rushed to the range and hit some balls, a little stiff but will play my regular game tomorrow.

Thanks for all the nice wishes and caring. This is really a great group with some of the nicest people on the planet. This wasn't the worse affliction compared to what others are going through but there was a chance of the infection getting so bad I could have lost part of the finger, so again thanks to you all.

I am so glad  that you and your golf clubs are reunited@

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, MISTER 67 said:

Wonderful news! Fore!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Good morning and thanks all!  Good news @MISTER 67!  I wasn’t sure about cauliflower pizza but we tried the Costco one and it was surprisingly good,   We’ve bought it again and it will be a regular for us.  

For giving Tuesday,  Cocacola is matching donations to Ronald McDonald House,  a lovely place  where families can stay when a child is undergoing treatment at the children’s hospital.  I’m grateful for this place that helped our daughter this year.   

Has anyone else seen the photos of Mauna Loa?  It’s making me nervous as we are due to visit early next year.  

• Like 19

Good morning. Woke up around 5:30 and looked out.... the stars were bright. Got up at 6:30 and it was snowing!!! Hauled dogs out around 7 and by 8 it was all over. Sunny now and temp is up to 29. I think today's high will be in the 30's and then warming for a few days before another storm.

Not much on my agenda today.... I have to take the car in for oil change, tire rotation and a general check up. Will take some reading with me although they are usually pretty fast.

Not a fan of cauliflower in any form although I will eat it. I like my pizza as pizza. Have not been to today's destination. Some day..... I do try to give a bit on Giving Tuesday, but it falls just before the Colorado Gives day... so I usually split my donations. And then there are the end of year appeals.... just wish I could help more to many deserving groups.

Take care all, particularly those of you experiencing not so nice weather. I dread the ice here in the winters.... I am just not as firm on my feet as I used to be.

• Like 19

Good morning all!

My parents were part of a square dancing club for many years when I was a child.  Good memories of watching them dance, and playing with other members' children.  Mom's dresses also made for good dress up clothes. 😉

I also had to take square dancing and folk dancing in junior high.  I think I enjoyed folk dancing more. 

I'm all for Giving Tuesday, and lemon cream pie -- is that the same thing as lemon meringue pie?  Either way I'll take it. 😉  Will pass on the cauliflower pizza, whether it's the crust or not.  I prefer cauliflower raw in salads or with dip.  But pizza does sound good for tonight.  Will pass on the drink too, but the wine sounds good.  Have never been to La Rochelle but would love to see it.  Thanks for all the great photos!  Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiserin your first two photos I'm curious about the large, round yellow "ball" wearing a hat.....is that supposed to be a lemon?

Well the predicted snow has begun, just since I got up this morning and is coming down hard.  We never know how much accumulation we'll get, it doesn't usually stay cold enough to last long.  I'm just glad I don't have to get out and drive in it.  Karen @luvteachingit may be headed your way.

As it turns out, I did buy something yesterday for Cyber Monday after all.  On Thanksgiving my sister was raving about her "Eufy" robo vacuum and was urging me to get one.  I said I'm happy with my vacuum, it's fairly new, and couldn't see spending upwards of $300 for something I don't really need.  Well....as I was looking at my DDIL's Amazon Wish List, I happened to see that the same Eufy my sister has was 48% off yesterday.....guess who is getting one for Christmas.  🤣

I plan to use it downstairs on the hardwood floors and keep my other vacuum upstairs for the carpet.

Today will be another day of Christmas and birthday party prep -- happy that I made a good size dent in the prep yesterday!

• Like 21

2 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

DSIL texted me this morning.  DB had a vascular ultrasound yesterday afternoon and he spent the night in the hospital, hopefully in a room.   He went through the insertion of the PIc line procedure at 8AM today.   DSIL does not know if he will get back to the rehab by evening as slow as the transfer ambulance service.  At least with it in his chest it won't interfere with his arm movements for PT.

Sounds like things went well!  Good to hear 👍 

2 hours ago, MISTER 67 said:

Hey everybody, saw the hand surgeon at 8AM, said the finger is healing well and I'll still have swelling for another month but he gave me the OK to golf.

Yay!  Glad you are your clubs can get to know each other again 🙂 

1 hour ago, lindaler said:

Today we are to prepare for a major storm. I am hoping it does what it says and heads a little north of us with the two inch hail and tornados. Not that I wish it on others but away from me. Is that too selfish?

Hope the mess stays away from you and wanting to be safe is not selfish 😉 

43 minutes ago, luvteaching said:

I feel a bit guilty not going in to see DH but I could really use the day at home and I don't need to get into an accident due to the roads. I'm a wimpy snow and ice driver. 

Don’t feel guilty, please.  There are days it’s just not safe to go and it sounds like you have a lot to do.  You deserve a break and to be safe - you’re of no use to your DH if you are in a bad accident 😔 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

@MISTER 67I'm glad to hear you are back on the golf course.  All is right with the world once again!

Well looks like I don't need to try to find photos of La Rochelle anymore.  Thanks to Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser , Graham @grapau27 and Terry @smitty34877.  That was another great cruise on the Prinsendam. 

We did tender over to Alter do Chao and it was another day struggling with docks not at the right height and extreme heat.  I wish we could send a little up north to melt some of that snow some of you are having.  There was a woman sitting next to us who looked to be about 90 with a walker.  I swear that even with the two step box they put into place there was at least a 2 foot step up to the dock.  People had to haul this older lady up onto the dock.  Then at the end of the wooden ramp was sand that was very difficult to walk through even for us.  I think there were a lot of people unable to navigate the conditions here.  We ended up walking down a long street to a square, went into the church and saw a stray dog lying in the aisle.  He scratched himself for a while and got up and walked out the open doors.  I guess he comes inside to cool off for a bit.  Then we headed back to the tenders and sweated the whole way back to the ship.  Came back and had to shower and dry out our clothes we wear to walk in the heat.  No getting all spiffy in this climate!  I was dreaming of Norway and Antarctica as we slowwwly tendered back to the ship.  Hot climates aren't my favorite!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

I'm all for Giving Tuesday, and lemon cream pie -- is that the same thing as lemon meringue pie?  Either way I'll take it.

The difference between lemon cream pie and lemon meringue pie is the meringue topping (made with egg whites and sugar). A lemon cream pie might be a lemon meringue pie, but not necessarily. It may have a whipped cream topping or no topping at all.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5