Cold and flu medication what’s allowed

Cruisenfun2023

We’re sailing on Equinox in a couple weeks and I’m packing a cold and flu kit for rack of us such cough drops, thermometer, etc. I was going to pack unopened liquid cough and flu medicine. Does anyone know whether Celebrity allows liquid cough medicine to be taken on board in checked luggage? 

Just now, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Yes but it might be better to put it in your carry on to avoid Celebrity holding your luggage to check out the content of the medicine bottle. You would have to go down to whereever they opened the suitcase for the inspection.

The Naughty Room! 😂 😂 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Cruisenfun2023 said:

We’re sailing on Equinox in a couple weeks and I’m packing a cold and flu kit for rack of us such cough drops, thermometer, etc. I was going to pack unopened liquid cough and flu medicine. Does anyone know whether Celebrity allows liquid cough medicine to be taken on board in checked luggage? 

Solve the issue by buying Robitussin cough capsules to take with you

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Cruisenfun2023 said:

Of course it's allowed. But it would be more prudent to transfer it to your carryon bag before boarding the ship.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Treasure Hunter said:

liquid pesto bismol

That is a LIFE SAVER. It works for all sorts of issues, just like the commercial says. For those that don't have cough medicine and find a need for something like it go to the buffet and get honey and take a tablespoon of that every several hours.  

• Like 1

I just came off a cruise last week and some people were confused because some kept referring to 3 oz bottles only.  That's only for going through airline security; not getting on the ship.  

Over the counter cold and flu medicines are definitely permitted to take on the ship.  I always travel with these types of meds and did so long before the pandemic.  I've never had an issue getting on a ship with meds in my carry on nor the luggage checked with porters at the pier.

• Like 3

My cruising medical bag includes:

band aids

ibuprofen

tylenol

dayquil

nyquil

tums

dramamine

immodium

a toothache kit

sutures

Bedadine

neosporin

hydrocortisone

tweezers

ace bandage

bug spray 

eye patch

and sling 

That’s what happens when you’re married to a gulf war medic. 🤦‍♀️

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 12

8 hours ago, Cruisenfun2023 said:

Where are does your cruise go? 

Generally you should be fine. I bring pseudosphedrine, dextromethorphan, dyphenhydramine-hcl, Flonase, zyrtec, acetaminophen, ibuprofen...  Those should all be ok on the ship, but some are restricted (illegal... don't even think about bringing then in) in some countries 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cruisenfun2023 said:

Yes, it depends on the country you will embark from and countries visited if you can bring them ashore.

Check the prohibited items at each countries website for accurate and current info.

In health and bon voyage

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2023 at 10:37 PM, D C said:

Where are does your cruise go? 

Generally you should be fine. I bring pseudosphedrine, dextromethorphan, dyphenhydramine-hcl, Flonase, zyrtec, acetaminophen, ibuprofen...  Those should all be ok on the ship, but some are restricted (illegal... don't even think about bringing then in) in some countries 

Thanks we’re going to southern Carribean 

We also bring an extra 2 week supply of prescription meds and prescription meds for infections, pain etc.  For colds/flu simply bring allergy meds to dry sinuses.

Have found cough syrup available everywhere at reasonable prices.

As said do not take Rx meds on shore. My paracetamol and codeine is illegal in many countries and over the counter in others.