The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday July 23rd, 2024

Good day and thanks all!  It’s definitely hot enough, 34 Celsius or 94 Fahrenheit.  I’m bilingual, lol!

@dfish hope all goes well!

@summer slope happy birthday!

Vancouver is a favourite, DS lived there for seven years,  we visited in May and it was so beautiful! 

IMG_1267.jpeg

IMG_3332.jpeg

IMG_2713.jpeg

IMG_0785.jpeg

IMG_0776.jpeg

IMG_0305.jpeg

IMG_0753.jpeg

IMG_1253.jpeg

IMG_1286.jpeg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 7

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning, Dailyites, and thanks for the fleet report and Daily News!  Happy birthday to @summer slope, and it was good to hear from Jacqui, too.  Hope you made it up the stairs!

I don't know Vancouver well, I went to a boarding school there for three years, but didn't see much outside of the school.  It was run by nuns, but now that there are no nuns, it is an Anglican boys' school.

St. George's School (formerly the Convent of the Sacred Heart)

DSC00233.thumb.JPG.bc52c6c4f0a0886eb0a86231a3bfa36a.JPG

For the gardeners - Dr. Sun Yat-Sen garden (where Tony, @sailingdutchy and I worked on our calligraphy...

IMG_2929.thumb.JPG.c350544feb837aa07b5720a5131c1125.JPG

IMG_2933.thumb.JPG.3fd8e4804efbd6501188b89969953175.JPG

IMG_7575.thumb.JPG.67c6c362b00db226c8f2fc19206725bf.JPG

and the Van Dusen gardens

CIMG0161.thumb.JPG.163ccd739ecf478c49e14715ae7a6621.JPG

My conversation with the surgeon yesterday didn't last long, not great results on the path  report, I will discuss it further with the cancer nurses.  Maybe I made the wrong choice in opting for lumpectomy over mastectomy.  We shall see!  Anyway, then we had a nice drive up the island to Duncan for lunch with this new cousin, we talked for over two hours - DD will send her all the links to family sites.  So now we have a cousin who lives in Mexico and Arizona!

Thank you Ann  @Vict0riann for posting these pictures when you and Pat specially for us got off the Island all the way to Vancouver to see Martha and me for a couple of days before we went on our cruise from Vancouver to Hong Kong for some 45 days in 2017.  You took us to the beautiful peaceful Chinese Garden in the centre of the city .

I was going to post a series from that day myself but I am having computer problems so went out and purchased a new one so I will be off line for a few days . My computer that I have been on for about 12 years was just getting too old .......It just could not keep up with me !!!!!

Tony 😁

Edited by sailingdutchy
  • Like 18

Thank you for all the wonderful pictures of Vancouver; it is my favorite “big” city. They have brought back some wonderful memories of my first HAL cruise in 2006 to Alaska.

One of the highlights was the international fireworks show,  Celebration of Light. I love fireworks displays and this was extraordinary.  I took this picture from the website.IMG_0724.jpeg.d88632ee35fa15460281134058f5b372.jpeg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning, Dailyites, and thanks for the fleet report and Daily News!  Happy birthday to @summer slope, and it was good to hear from Jacqui, too.  Hope you made it up the stairs!

I don't know Vancouver well, I went to a boarding school there for three years, but didn't see much outside of the school.  It was run by nuns, but now that there are no nuns, it is an Anglican boys' school.

St. George's School (formerly the Convent of the Sacred Heart)

DSC00233.thumb.JPG.bc52c6c4f0a0886eb0a86231a3bfa36a.JPG

For the gardeners - Dr. Sun Yat-Sen garden (where Tony, @sailingdutchy and I worked on our calligraphy...

IMG_2929.thumb.JPG.c350544feb837aa07b5720a5131c1125.JPG

IMG_2933.thumb.JPG.3fd8e4804efbd6501188b89969953175.JPG

IMG_7575.thumb.JPG.67c6c362b00db226c8f2fc19206725bf.JPG

and the Van Dusen gardens

CIMG0161.thumb.JPG.163ccd739ecf478c49e14715ae7a6621.JPG

My conversation with the surgeon yesterday didn't last long, not great results on the path  report, I will discuss it further with the cancer nurses.  Maybe I made the wrong choice in opting for lumpectomy over mastectomy.  We shall see!  Anyway, then we had a nice drive up the island to Duncan for lunch with this new cousin, we talked for over two hours - DD will send her all the links to family sites.  So now we have a cousin who lives in Mexico and Arizona!

Ann, I'm sorry the pathology report was not that great.  I hope you get more answers from the cancer nurses.  I'm glad you enjoyed the lunch with your new cousin.

1 hour ago, 0106 said:

Thank you for all the wonderful pictures of Vancouver; it is my favorite “big” city. They have brought back some wonderful memories of my first HAL cruise in 2006 to Alaska.

One of the highlights was the international fireworks show,  Celebration of Light. I love fireworks displays and this was extraordinary.  I took this picture from the website.IMG_0724.jpeg.d88632ee35fa15460281134058f5b372.jpeg

Beautiful fireworks, Tina.  Thanks.

Lenda

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

Thanks, Lenda, yes the nurse was very helpful and positive.  She said the next step will be the oncologist in a few weeks, and there will be tests to determine what the next step will be, radiation, or possibly more surgery.  She said my cancer is very low grade.  

• Like 12
  • Thanks 11

7 hours ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone!

Nerve ablation went very well and the pain radiating down my left leg is gone at the moment.  Let's hope it stays that way.  My instructions from the nurse said to sit on the patio and drink coffee all day.   I can manage that.

That’s great news Debbie.  👍 hope it continues to work and improves things dor you. 🙏

3 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

My conversation with the surgeon yesterday didn't last long, not great results on the path  report, I will discuss it further with the cancer nurses.  Maybe I made the wrong choice in opting for lumpectomy over mastectomy.  We shall see!  

oh gee, Ann,  I’m so sorry to hear the results weren’t good.  Pretty hard to Hoping there will be some improvement 🙏

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

@Vict0riannI have found over the years with DH and cancer, that the surgeon is just that, and your treatment options are through the oncologist.  Keeping my fingers crossed for you that your oncologist is up to date with all the new treatments.

DH had the first of two MRI's- the next was one rescheduled for a month from now, but thank Goodness that the hospital DID DO both MRI's today. They too thought the reason for changing the second one, was just stupid. (something about we cant schedule two exams at the same time in different rooms.  Well the technician and nurse re thought that rule.  Bless them. The nurse did tell me that DH told them he was in a lot of pain today, and they told me that he had fallen asleep, they are not sure if he was moving too much, but she said, the results did not look as good as last years.  Which goes back to what the oncologist said-that this time the cancer has come back very aggressively.

Another long day, with Krispy Kreme donuts involved....needed a snack before we got in to traffic. Thunder storms coming in, guess I should attempt to make dinner.

@dfishPlease just be still for the rest of the day!  I am sure there was a reason the nurse told you to enjoy the patio and drink coffee all day.  Take care of yourself.  You too @kazu!  Rest and dont over do!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 10

Posted (edited)

Good evening. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

It's hot enough for me, Sprinkles (known as Jimmies here) are a no on my ice cream, and I am sure there are lots of Gorgeous Grandmas on the Daily. Good quote. I like zucchini bread. Pass on the drink and the wine sounds interesting. I have been to Vancouver once, to embark on my Ryndam Alaska cruise.

I'm tired. I was up and out this AM to pick up BFF to take him to a test followed by an appointment. They were running behind, and I only made it to my PCP appointment with 10 minutes to spare. She thought the original symptoms sounded like vertigo, but my current ones sounded vestibular. She did the Epley maneuver to reposition crystals; in one position the room was moving around. Just to be complete I have to get a brain MRI and carotid artery ultrasound. And she gave me a script for vestibular therapy, which my PT site may do, or else my ENT office. BFF came with me, as there was no time to take him home. We were both tired and hungry, but I wasn't up to going out afterwards. There was lots of walking at the medical center (he was using his knee scooter) and I just wanted to come home. Mammogram tomorrow. It never ends, or so it seems.

@summer slope Happy Birthday! Nice surprise for family to turn up at your door.

@Cruzin Terri I'm glad your arm is feeling better.

@GTVCRUISER @StLouisCruisers @Denise T @Quartzsite Cruiser @marshhawk @sailingdutchy @Sharon in AZ @bennybear Thanks for the Vancouver photos.

@ottahand7 I'm sorry to hear that DB's knee is still swollen and that he needed to get catheterized.

@kazu I hope you are soon feeling better.

@dfish I'm glad to hear that your procedure went well and that the pain is gone. I hope the pain stays away.

@Nickelpenny Good going on the starter and baking.

@Vict0riann Prayers that things work out with your treatment. Nice photos.

@marshhawk Prayers for Chuck (and you) as he progresses through this recurrence.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 5

Vanessa @JazzyV good luck at your mammogram tomorrow.  Mine is Thursday.  Sorry to hear of all the vertigo and dizziness issues.  I hope they can come up with something to help you.

Well, I just had the best news from niece Lisa.  Apparently the baby boys couldn't wait until Thursday to be born.  They came early.  Today!  Everyone is doing well, and Grandma Lisa gets to meet the boys tomorrow morning.  Photos coming tomorrow.  Our prayers have been answered. 👶👶

• Like 19
  • Thanks 7

Vanessa @JazzyV I'll be having my mammogram tomorrow too.  I guess this is the week for several of us!  I hope something can be done to help with your dizziness.  

Sandi @StLouisCruisers that's great news!  Looking forward to photos. 🙂  

Some of you may have heard about the massive eruption today in Yellowstone.  I would post a video, but it has "language" so I guess I better not.  It was in Biscuit Basin, nobody was hurt, but it did a lot of damage to the boardwalk.  I'm SO thankful that DD and family weren't in that part of the park when it happened.  I know exactly where it happened.  In all the dozens of times we've been in Yellowstone, we've never experienced anything like that.  

Today was so nice I took advantage of the weather and did some heavy gardening on the side of the house.  Now I'm aching all over, but feeling good to get that done.

Have a great evening everyone!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Sending healing thoughts and gentle hugs to @marshhawk @kazu 

@Vict0riann. I’m sorry the news wasn’t better,  but low grade is usually good!  Sometimes the nurse navigators really help put it in perspective.   The oncologist may do further testing to help determine best treatment,  The website Breast Cancer dot org has lots of great information.  Lots of hugs! 

@JazzyV I wondered about the vertigo,  that maneuver really helped my DM. 

@dfish great news! 

@StLouisCruisers congratulations on the arrival of the twins!  Your timing is great!

I’m praying all those mammograms go well! 

Also praying for all the evacuees from Jasper,  they had to leave at 10 pm last night and fro most it was a twelve or more hour drive west to go east to nearest city with room. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Vanessa @JazzyV good luck at your mammogram tomorrow.  Mine is Thursday.  Sorry to hear of all the vertigo and dizziness issues.  I hope they can come up with something to help you.

Well, I just had the best news from niece Lisa.  Apparently the baby boys couldn't wait until Thursday to be born.  They came early.  Today!  Everyone is doing well, and Grandma Lisa gets to meet the boys tomorrow morning.  Photos coming tomorrow.  Our prayers have been answered. 👶👶

Sandi, that is wonderful news about the twin boys.  Can't wait to see the pictures.

@JazzyV I sure hope they find the source of your problems.  Enough already!

@marshhawk I wish the news were better and that I could wave my magic wand and make it all go away.  Hugs to you and Chuck.  Whenever you need one, I'm sending it to you.  And I did just take it easy today.  I did go see our friend Ellamary, but I can relax in her rocker as easily as I can in mine.  

@Vict0riann I'm glad the nurse could shed some light on your report.  I think whoever said that surgeons were just the surgeons and you really need to get the information from your oncologist is correct.  They will devise a treatment plan that will be the best for you.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Thanks, Lenda, yes the nurse was very helpful and positive.  She said the next step will be the oncologist in a few weeks, and there will be tests to determine what the next step will be, radiation, or possibly more surgery.  She said my cancer is very low grade.  

Ann, it sounds over all that the nurse was positive.  Low grade sounds better.  I hope the oncologist can help ease your concerns.

2 hours ago, marshhawk said:

@Vict0riannI have found over the years with DH and cancer, that the surgeon is just that, and your treatment options are through the oncologist.  Keeping my fingers crossed for you that your oncologist is up to date with all the new treatments.

DH had the first of two MRI's- the next was one rescheduled for a month from now, but thank Goodness that the hospital DID DO both MRI's today. They too thought the reason for changing the second one, was just stupid. (something about we cant schedule two exams at the same time in different rooms.  Well the technician and nurse re thought that rule.  Bless them. The nurse did tell me that DH told them he was in a lot of pain today, and they told me that he had fallen asleep, they are not sure if he was moving too much, but she said, the results did not look as good as last years.  Which goes back to what the oncologist said-that this time the cancer has come back very aggressively.

Another long day, with Krispy Kreme donuts involved....needed a snack before we got in to traffic. Thunder storms coming in, guess I should attempt to make dinner.

@dfishPlease just be still for the rest of the day!  I am sure there was a reason the nurse told you to enjoy the patio and drink coffee all day.  Take care of yourself.  You too @kazu!  Rest and dont over do!

Annie, I'm sorry the MRIs did look as good as last year.  I'm glad they ignored the rules and did both MRIs today.  Krispy Kreme donuts are always good.  HUGS to both of you.

Sandi, I'm glad the twins arrived safely, and that all are foing well.

38 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Vanessa @JazzyV I'll be having my mammogram tomorrow too.  I guess this is the week for several of us!  I hope something can be done to help with your dizziness.  

Sandi @StLouisCruisers that's great news!  Looking forward to photos. 🙂  

Some of you may have heard about the massive eruption today in Yellowstone.  I would post a video, but it has "language" so I guess I better not.  It was in Biscuit Basin, nobody was hurt, but it did a lot of damage to the boardwalk.  I'm SO thankful that DD and family weren't in that part of the park when it happened.  I know exactly where it happened.  In all the dozens of times we've been in Yellowstone, we've never experienced anything like that.  

Today was so nice I took advantage of the weather and did some heavy gardening on the side of the house.  Now I'm aching all over, but feeling good to get that done.

Have a great evening everyone!

Carolyn, we saw the eruption on the news.  That was incredible.

Lenda

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good evening. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

It's hot enough for me, Sprinkles (known as Jimmies here) are a no on my ice cream, and I am sure there are lots of Gorgeous Grandmas on the Daily. Good quote. I like zucchini bread. Pass on the drink and the wine sounds interesting. I have been to Vancouver once, to embark on my Ryndam Alaska cruise.

I'm tired. I was up and out this AM to pick up BFF to take him to a test followed by an appointment. They were running behind, and I only made it to my PCP appointment with 10 minutes to spare. She thought the original symptoms sounded like vertigo, but my current ones sounded vestibular. She did the Epley maneuver to reposition crystals; in one position the room was moving around. Just to be complete I have to get a brain MRI and carotid artery ultrasound. And she gave me a script for vestibular therapy, which my PT site may do, or else my ENT office. BFF came with me, as there was no time to take him home. We were both tired and hungry, but I wasn't up to going out afterwards. There was lots of walking at the medical center (he was using his knee scooter) and I just wanted to come home. Mammogram tomorrow. It never ends, or so it seems.

@summer slope Happy Birthday! Nice surprise for family to turn up at your door.

@Cruzin Terri I'm glad your arm is feeling better.

@GTVCRUISER @StLouisCruisers @Denise T @Quartzsite Cruiser @marshhawk @sailingdutchy @Sharon in AZ @bennybear Thanks for the Vancouver photos.

@ottahand7 I'm sorry to hear that DB's knee is still swollen and that he needed to get catheterized.

@kazu I hope you are soon feeling better.

@dfish I'm glad to hear that your procedure went well and that the pain is gone. I hope the pain stays away.

@Nickelpenny Good going on the starter and baking.

@Vict0riann Prayers that things work out with your treatment. Nice photos.

@marshhawk Prayers for Chuck (and you) as he progresses through this recurrence.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

Vanessa, when DH had vertigo due to crystals in his ears, the doctor showed him how to do the Epley maneuver, and told him to do it at home.  It cleared everything fairly quickly.

Lenda

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Wonderful news, Sandi! 

• Like 9