How many shoes do you bring?

racnwdow

I am curious how many pairs of shoes you bring on a cruise.  No judgment against those who bring a closet full please.  Also, add if you are male or female.  It will be interesting to see the difference.  

I am wearing my croc clogs on the plane.  I can walk for miles in them and are easy to slip on and off.

Chaco sandals.  I spend 9 months wearing mostly these sandals and can walk miles in them also.

Gray Merrill sandals.  Can walk long distances and in a pinch could work for informal dinner nights with casual dress pants.

Sass low heeled dress sandals for all dinners.

4 counting the one's I will wear (Female).  I used to bring several dress shoes but have decided to go with super comfy over stylish matching the outfits. I also know I can walk forever in the Chaco's and Crocs.  So decided no tennis shoes this trip. I won't do the gym, but will walk laps on the deck.  We will be in Italy/Greece/Israel in October.

I’m female and wear runners on the plane as I wear a brace also.  I can manage wearing Crocs to the pool or short distance.  I have to wear Sketchers dressy sandals (read comfy though) at dinner but usually have to return to cabin for runners if we want to walk around the ship.  

• Like 1

I wear a pair of comfy walking shoes on the plane.  I wear these when touring.  Something comfortable, that covers my feet with good arch support.  I need a real shoe when walking on cobblestone streets, up the Acropolis etc.

I also take a low heeled pair of sandals.  Looks good with a dress, but still comfy for walking around the ship, around museums etc.

I also take a pair of slippers to wear in the cabin.

I'm a female. 

9 minutes ago, racnwdow said:

I am curious how many pairs of shoes you bring on a cruise.  No judgment against those who bring a closet full please.  Also, add if you are male or female. 

2 pairs of walking shoes.  I pair of sandals that double as water shoes.  1 pair of dress shoes.  That's it, regardless of how long the trip is.

Female.

Ummm.........  DH usually takes 2 pairs of walking shoes, 1 pair of dress shoes and 1 pair of around the ships shoes.  Less one pair if the cruise is only 14 days.

Me, well, it depends.  One pair of good heels, 2 pairs of walking shoes, 2 pairs of flats. If the cruise is over 21 days, I usually manage a pair of sandals, too.

We both take light hotel slippers.

Female:  I will wear tennis shoes onto the plane, I will pack flip flops for trips to the thermal suite at the spa and I'll pack 1 pair of black flats for dinner.  If the weather will be below 60's during the day I will pack some hiking boots for port days.  My tennis shoes have mess on the top and can be chilly but the hiking boots don't allow any wind in.  So 3, 4 max.  I think the husband is 3-4 also.  Depends on if he takes his hiking boots or just packs his tennis shoes. 

Female.
I bring one pair of bone dress pumps that go with all my evening clothes, and one pair of bone soft shoes with rubber soles for those evenings I can't face wearing pumps. I wear a pair of taupe soft shoes with rubber soles when traveling and with my day clothes. That's enough.  

LOL - female.  Depends on the weather on what I wear on the plane.  It will either be a nice pair of shoes that I will wear on board or my Birkenstock’s.  If I’m going to Florida to catch a cruise and have to wear warmer shoes on the plane, I often will stick the Birk’s in the carry on so I can be comfortable.  They are my “go to” walking shoe.

A pair of dress shoes, casual but dressy shoes and my Birks usually do the trick (female).

DH is a tad more difficult.  We usually have a discussion on his shoes.  He wants to pack 4 pairs and since men’s shoes are heavy and take a lot of space (and if we are going to Italy or Spain I KNOW he will buy shoes), I usually get him to settle for his running shoes, dress shoes and he wears his walking shoes on the plane (if I’m lucky 😉 )

Female

One pair comfortable walking shoes -- for plane, excursions and around the ship.  One pair of sandals -- also for around the ship and I use them as slippers as I do not like HAL's slippers.  One pair of flat dress shoes for dinner (can no longer wear heels since I use a Rollator).

3 pairs for me.

Female.

Depends on the cruise. For the plane, my SAS clogs because I can slip out of them easily for security and they're great walking shoes. An older pair of sneakers for boat excursions, deck walking and wearing in port if it's rainy. For a warm cruise, a pair of SAS sandals, I can walk in those all day. A pair of ballet flats for around the ship. Flip flops for the pool and spa. At least one pair of dress heels--one for HAL and for Cunard, which is dressier, 2 or 3 pairs of heels. 

I'm fine with the slippers HAL provides.

Me, female: one pair Adidas sneakers (plane, walking on tours/deck/at the gym), one pair flip flops for the pool, one pair low heel for gala nights. 

H, make: one pair dress shoes, one pair sneakers, 2 pairs flip flops. 

kid, male: one pair sneakers, one pair crocs/flip flops. 

(1) Blundstones - wearing to / from Canada on the plane + tromping in the Alps. 

(2) dress black lace-up

(3) deerskin brown slip on - casual-ish up or down - depending on what I am wearing

(4) trainers for shore days 

(5) flip flops for Sky deck 

Scott. 

Edited by YXU AC*SE

2 hours ago, dockman said:

2 ...one for each foot...male

Hilarious!  A comment DH often made when he was alive.  

I bring as few shoes as possible.  Travel and everyday are water aerobics shoes that resemble tennis shoes, so no one knows they're water shoes; they resemble jogging shoes.  For evening, one pair of heels that can go casual or formal.  That's it.  2 pair.  Much less clutter in the stateroom closet and less space in the carry-on, which is all I bring in the way of luggage.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Two pair.  I wear one and have a second pair of very light Teva sandals.  DW takes three pair.  One pair on her feet, two very thin, light pair in her bag.  One week, two months, cruise, or international travel.  It is all the same packing for us.

Female, 2-3: For all travels, I wear velcro-closing SAS "Roamers" and pack a pair of Adidas cross-trainers for more serious walking days and shore excursions. For cruises I try to fit in a pair of flat-packing sandals that serve for around the ship incl. dinners.

dr'spin, Male, 2: Boat-shoe-type loafers and lace-up walking shoes.

Edited by crystalspin

Female -- 3 to 4 pairs. On normal trips 1 pair of top quality walking shoes (which I wear on the flight), 1 pair of dressy black flats for all evening outfits, and 1 pair of slip-on type sandals with grippy soles and a little bling that can serve as pool/deck shoes or slippers. If I am going on a trip with a lot of strenuous walking (archaeological sites) or rainy weather I will pack a second pair of walking shoes for two reasons: my feet are happy when I change shoes occasionally and I have a hard time finding shoes "off the rack" that are comfortable for walking, so I always have a fear that if something happens to my main pair, I'd be stuck with few good options for replacement. 

That actually happened to me in Japan, and let me tell you that few or no Japanese womens' shoes come in size 9.5 US....!

• Like 2