How do an 87 and 89 year old get home from Freemantle?

Kindergirl

Check Captain Jonathon's blog captainwhosdriving and leave a comment. He is in Durban right now and was getting bored. He will answer and if they are still on the ship, he will know. I will check with some other friends that are home now, that were also in the Neptune's and see if they know if they got off. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tgetz said:

Check Captain Jonathon's blog captainwhosdriving and leave a comment. He is in Durban right now and was getting bored. He will answer and if they are still on the ship, he will know. I will check with some other friends that are home now, that were also in the Neptune's and see if they know if they got off. 

Maria and her colleague are still onboard Amsterdam. Obviously, with no guests, those two Neptune Lounge concierges have rotated back to the Front Office. Lots of admin stuff and cleaning up going on in there, I'm sure, under the capable guidance of GRM Christel 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Kindergirl said:

@copper10-8 thank you, and know I totally understand if this is not possible. 
My mom was asking about the two wonderful women who work in the Neptune lounge. I believe they are servers or at least they have something to do with food because they very kindly helped Jim, who had difficulty with his walker, carry his plate. She told me their names and I think one was Maria but I’m sorry, I can’t remember the other one’s name. I’ll ask her when I speak to her today. Their kindness and consideration made their cruise so enjoyable.
We spoke to the nursing station last night. They are both stable(ish -one being on O2 the other with some heart fluctuations) but still no covid test results. 

Hi Deb; from the Amsterdam, currently off Durban, SA, for your parents: both Maria and Grazella (the two Neptune Lounge concierges) are doing well and send their love and best wishes for a speedy recovery to your parents 🙂  Stay safe!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Just letting you know I am keeping you and your parents in my thoughts.

I'm so thankful when I finally get around to checking CC and I see that  @Kindergirlhas not posted. I have a sigh of relief for a moment. 

My mantra remains- No news, is good news!

• Like 3

@seaoma, don’t panic, it’s good news!

Their test results are back and they came up negative!!! Don’t worry folks, I know there are false negatives but I’m going to believe it and celebrate.🍾

They remain in the hospital as their heart rates seem to be stubbornly staying out of whack, but they sound good and besides being bored, are in good spirits. 
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. What else can I say? This is SUCH a great community. ❤️💕🙏

@Copper10-8 I passed on the message from Maria and Grazella (I hope Im spelling that correctly) to my mom. She was a little startled to say the least. When she asked I don’t think she was very hopeful of finding out, but she clearly does not yet appreciate your special powers. She was grateful for the message and so pleased to hear they were doing well. What a kindness you, once again, gave to my mom. ❤️
Here’s hoping this is the end to this roller coaster tale. Thanks for sticking with me y’all. 

• Like 33
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Kindergirl said:

@seaoma, don’t panic, it’s good news!

Their test results are back and they came up negative!!! Don’t worry folks, I know there are false negatives but I’m going to believe it and celebrate.🍾

They remain in the hospital as their heart rates seem to be stubbornly staying out of whack, but they sound good and besides being bored, are in good spirits. 
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. What else can I say? This is SUCH a great community. ❤️💕🙏

@Copper10-8 I passed on the message from Maria and Grazella (I hope Im spelling that correctly) to my mom. She was a little startled to say the least. When she asked I don’t think she was very hopeful of finding out, but she clearly does not yet appreciate your special powers. She was grateful for the message and so pleased to hear they were doing well. What a kindness you, once again, gave to my mom. ❤️
Here’s hoping this is the end to this roller coaster tale. Thanks for sticking with me y’all. 

Oh my gosh!!!! You have just made my day!!!!! WooHoo!!!! Is it too early for champagne???? 

I'm still going to be pulling for them and won't be satisfied until you pick them up from the hospital, but every bit of good news needs to be celebrated!!!

• Like 4

Kindergirl, even though your folks are paying a price for the grandiose voyage and strenuous travel, remember that they have special memories to brighten all of their days ahead.  Not many their age could have accomplished this.

Hugs to you all.

Barbara

• Like 5

OK. This is good news indeed. Hope they can continue to get better. Its a scary thought about seeing the national news yesterday reporting that this week could be the worst yet. I know that I have reached a point for the good of mom and I that I now REFUSE to go out. We are not going to starve considering our frg/freezer is stuffed. I have found a facebook group that was started for the Rotterdam and Zaandam. Found some videos that have been done by crew on some of the other ships. I know this one is a big priority since its from the Amsterdam and does include Captain Mercer at the end. I also found one done on the Veendam, Zuiderdam and the Koningsdam. Another one was including the medical team sounding the ships whistle but not sure from which ship. Enjoy everyone and grab some tissues. 

Edited by rjbean4
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1