How do an 87 and 89 year old get home from Freemantle?

Kindergirl

1 hour ago, mamaofami said:

After all you and your folks have been through, I’m so sorry to hear they are positive for the virus and hospitalized. I’m praying for their speedy recovery and that you stay well.

I don't think their test results have been confirmed, have they?  Best wishes to all involved!  

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Please say a prayer for these two fine folks, who find themselves hospitalized, for a speedy recovery, thanks! 

20200323_075335.jpg

John:

I learned of your kindness to these two people yesterday through the Aposleship of the Seas..God Bless you for it and I will remember to pray for these people

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Found another thread that has been started because of this. I'm so proud of our ship weather over the years of our cruising it was the old or the nieuw. This brought tears to my eyes too.

Kindergirl, were all thinking of your parents and hope they get better soon. As you mom said that nasty cold from being on the ship. Then all the flying.  It was a lot of flying for them to do to get home. I remember my dad when he was flying that because his flights were double crewed when he had his breaks from the left seat one of the things he would do was go downstairs from the cockpit (747 for example) and would do some walking. Down one side to the galley in the back and then back up front on the other side. Know it was a chance to check in with other members of his flight crew as well as visit with passengers. Since he was in the left seat he was the one in command. along with the help of a co pilot (1st officer) and back in those days a flight engineer in the cockpit with him.  OH HOW MY DAD LOVED TO FLY!!!!

Red Tails Forever!

• Like 1

I chimed in way back but have been glued to my iPad screen ever since to see how this all plays out.  We need a happy ending story to shine in the midst of all the turmoil that is going on world wide.   Best of luck to the travellers and to Copper in LA and to my fellow Canadian Kindergirl waiting patiently in Sarasota/Tampa

• Like 1

With all the flight tracking, listening to ATC and staying up to date I forgot to remind them to try to stay away from people, use hand san, wash and rewash hands and wear masks to keep from touching face. I am sorry about that. 

sightcrr

• Like 1

Thank you all. Still no test results. They are both up and down a bit. I promise to post with any news so no news IS good news. 😊

I told them about your thoughts and prayers. They were touched. 
I don’t suppose there is any way to find out how specific crew members are? My mom was worried about two of them in particular. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Kindergirl said:

Thank you all. Still no test results. They are both up and down a bit. I promise to post with any news so no news IS good news. 😊

I don’t suppose there is any way to find out how specific crew members are? My mom was worried about two of them in particular. 

@Copper10-8, any ideas?

53 minutes ago, Kindergirl said:

Who are you/is your mom looking for Deb and I'll see what I can do. All the best and stay safe!

Edited by Copper10-8
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just checking in, Deb, to see how you, you’re Mom, and Jim are doing, and to let you know that thoughts and prayers will continue to be sent your way. 

I’m very happy to see how this wonderful community of cruisers has continued to reach out to support you. Fellow posters, you’re all amazing! 

• Like 3

@copper10-8 thank you, and know I totally understand if this is not possible. 
My mom was asking about the two wonderful women who work in the Neptune lounge. I believe they are servers or at least they have something to do with food because they very kindly helped Jim, who had difficulty with his walker, carry his plate. She told me their names and I think one was Maria but I’m sorry, I can’t remember the other one’s name. I’ll ask her when I speak to her today. Their kindness and consideration made their cruise so enjoyable.
We spoke to the nursing station last night. They are both stable(ish -one being on O2 the other with some heart fluctuations) but still no covid test results. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

38 minutes ago, Kindergirl said:

My mom was asking about the two wonderful women who work in the Neptune lounge. I believe they are servers or at least they have something to do with food because they very kindly helped Jim, who had difficulty with his walker, carry his plate. She told me their names and I think one was Maria but I’m sorry, I can’t remember the other one’s name. I’ll ask her when I speak to her today. Their kindness and consideration made their cruise so enjoyable.
We spoke to the nursing station last night. They are both stable(ish -one being on O2 the other with some heart fluctuations) but still no covid test results. 

I will make one more suggestion.  Leave a comment on Captain Jonathan's blog.

http://captainjonathan.com/

Anybody disagree?

Roy

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Kindergirl said:

Those were most likely the concierges that work in the Neptune Lounge.

• Like 1

Prayers still winging their way across the state. 

It is clear that you inherited your caring attitude from your Mom. Imagine dealing with whatever she is suffering from and worrying about others. 

When you speak to your Mom, how do you do that? By phone? 

And remember to take care of yourself.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Roz said:

Those were most likely the concierges that work in the Neptune Lounge.

Yes, and they come from the pool of front desk staff. So that's a pretty specific search.

Kindergirl, so glad that no news is good news! (Even better when good news appears) Recovery will be up and down, that's the nature of most viruses. So try to hang on through the "downs" and be glad for the "ups." 

• Like 2