Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

So this was my morning [funny] birthday celebration....

My BFF pulled some strings and we got a terrace table in a very coveted restaurant (for the prime location right on the beach, as well as the excellent food and service).

We've never been there, and, very excited, my DH timed our travel time + 15 min to be on the safe side. We're both very punctual people.

We made good time, and the WAZE said: "'you've reached your destination". We saw a nice restaurant with a big terrace, and assumed that's the one... The WAZE itself said so.... Since we arrived early, DH said: "I'll take some pics for 'your' thread", while taking notice that the big terrace was empty. He says: "I really don't know why Miriam [my friend] made such a fuss of 'snagging' a table for us.... there are plenty of seats...".

I left him to "his pictures" and went in search of the entrance to the restaurant. A young girl came and I said: "we have reservations for 4, 10.45am". She looked at me strangely and replied: "but we open only at noon....". WHAT?? I ask: "that's not 'Manta Rey' "?  "No, that's 5 min in the other direction..."

Off we went....arriving early, only to find ourselves being late.... Luckily, our friends were also late, so all was good.

After the breakfast [which was excellent], we walked nearby, to Old Jaffa, to soak up the sun and the quirky atmosphere.

Some pics from this wonderful day.  Many thanks again to all of you for your birthday wishes. They made me very happy, and I really appreciate every one of them.

Milestone birthday.jpg

Muslim and Christian together in Old Jaffa

_DSC3367.JPG

_DSC3379.JPG

_DSC3405.JPG

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

We made good time, and the WAZE said: "'you've reached your destination". We saw a nice restaurant with a big terrace, and assumed that's the one... The WAZE itself said so...

I believe WAZE developed in Israel. It has recently got us going the wrong here. Never had these issues until last few months. 

M8

16 hours ago, IRMO12HD said:

Oh, you're coming to my neck of the woods!  Lake Chelan is wonderful -- will you be renting a car?  You'll have just missed the crush season, but will have lots of choices :-).

We have been there 8 times.  Mostly staying at Wapato Point, but have stayed at Lake Chelan shores as well (and in fact were there one year of the really bad fires).  

Yes, renting a car as usual.  However, we have found it much easier to fly into, rent a car, and do the drive from Spokane instead of the craziness of Seattle, which we are doing this time again.  

This last time we took the very last journey on the larger boat, The Lady of the Lake, up to Stehekin.  What a lovely time.  Brought some wine and a picnic lunch that we enjoyed at a picnic area on the lakeshore up there.  

Yeah, timing was bad for this one...even my favorite winery, (Nefarious) will be closed.   But there will still be some open.  Bundle up time, luckily full fireplace in the condo, and they supply all the firewood for free.  😉 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

My BFF pulled some strings and we got a terrace table in a very coveted restaurant (for the prime location right on the beach, as well as the excellent food and service).

We've never been there, and, very excited, my DH timed our travel time + 15 min to be on the safe side. We're both very punctual people.

We made good time, and the WAZE said: "'you've reached your destination". We saw a nice restaurant with a big terrace, and assumed that's the one... The WAZE itself said so.... Since we arrived early, DH said: "I'll take some pics for 'your' thread", while taking notice that the big terrace was empty. He says: "I really don't know why Miriam [my friend] made such a fuss of 'snagging' a table for us.... there are plenty of seats...".

I left him to "his pictures" and went in search of the entrance to the restaurant. A young girl came and I said: "we have reservations for 4, 10.45am". She looked at me strangely and replied: "but we open only at noon....". WHAT?? I ask: "that's not 'Manta Rey' "?  "No, that's 5 min in the other direction..."

Off we went....arriving early, only to find ourselves being late.... Luckily, our friends were also late, so all was good.

After the breakfast [which was excellent], we walked nearby, to Old Jaffa, to soak up the sun and the quirky atmosphere.

Some pics from this wonderful day.  Many thanks again to all of you for your birthday wishes. They made me very happy, and I really appreciate every one of them.

Milestone birthday.jpg

_DSC3367.JPG

_DSC3379.JPG

_DSC3405.JPG

Nice photos.

Restaurant is in a fabulous location.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I believe WAZE developed in Israel. It has recently got us going the wrong here. Never had these issues until last few months. 

M8

Yes, it was, and like you said, we never went wrong with it before.

It even has the name of the restaurant built-in (without punching in the street + #), so, even for a moment, we didn't doubt we're not in the "right" restaurant....

BTW, when we finished and walked by the "wrong" restaurant again, the terrace was full 😉

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Milestone birthday.jpg

_DSC3367.JPG

_DSC3379.JPG

_DSC3405.JPG

Looks like a beautiful day for your special day!    You sure did score a nice seat for breakfast.     

Thank you for sharing your nice photos.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We walked by the place we have rented for our Christmas/New Year holidays, and pre-cruise home away from home.  Took a couple fresh pictures 

3416B3EA-3627-439E-8E5C-3C376DBCCE26.thumb.jpeg.446c5aae849415f8568799b9bc1161ca.jpeg

DC92C060-B37B-48BF-9F60-B29D638C9C16.thumb.jpeg.304490a0d62d9f1206ee52e2a26cebaf.jpeg

I really like this circular bar that opens to the patio overlooking the pool.  I might have to look for a bartender to go with it. 

DF5F10CA-A439-43FA-86EF-0A0C6E652BFC.jpeg.6d114116e76606f9c559fa3a473b27ab.jpeg

7CDB7D93-93B2-4E1A-AB26-8A7202D1FBD0.jpeg.f2668bee67fc56a9d3113126f4596e04.jpeg

Me me me - Can I be your bartender.  I think I would be allowed to travel for work.  Does a qualification as a speech pathologist count as experience as a bar tender?  I sometimes have to make drinks for children.  

I need to find a way to travel.  

• Like 4

On 3/16/2021 at 1:48 PM, xpcdoojk said:

Oooh!  That sounds like a good road for my MINI!  Fun fun!

We saw a guy on a skateboard between Cherokee and Gatlinburg.🤬

Lucky for him he had someone blocking traffic for him.