Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

We just viewed part of an Oasis review on you tube.  The couple drove around and around the Miami RCI parking garage, but all spots were taken.  They finally got a spot up on the roof (When this old world starts getting you down......remember that song?) I think they got to the garage at 11am.  I sure hope we won't have any issues on our Bella cruise in March.  It also seems like a lot to walk, more than I can handle.  I think @singinalot Chrystal parked there recently and I don't think she had trouble getting a spot.  Any past parkers find difficulty finding spots?

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 2

It looks like the garlic I'd doing well.  I planted a row down each side of 4 beds.  A total of 8 rows.  I had one bed that was not developing but it looks good today after a good rain this week.  I planted 178 cloves. If I have a 80% harvest I will be happy. 

20221106_121529.thumb.jpg.6c7a8ba0228669180cdfb318def36527.jpg

20221106_122701.thumb.jpg.71a9ec8a4f53ddc70088ad1a8247abde.jpg

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We had a quick 20 minute shower earlier today.  Just enough to make the leaves wet and keep clogging the shoot in the riding mower that we use to mulch.   

Wet leaves are no fun...taking a lunch break and will get back out there.   No sun today but humid.

No rain here at all ,just very cloudy and humid

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Thank you, Graham.  So glad it all worked for you.

Our friend once ran the NY marathon and finished well after the first crossing won.  He was in so much pain after, he couldn't go to work for 3 days and he practiced beforehand, was a seasoned jogger and seemed to be in top shape.

When I was younger and healthy I did about 4 Walkathons a year ,usually 7.5 miles ,sometimes more.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Thank you.  I can’t remember ever doing this for concert tickets or midnight releases of anything like your grandkids, but it certainly makes them happy and yes she was  doing a happy dance..

My daughters have done this for concerts tickets but I never did.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I need a drink.😑

Currently drinking a very large cognac, Bills looked pretty bad , Josh Allen was off throwing the ball , only offense was him running, I thought Bills would lose a few games this year but this surprised me . Jets are looking good . 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

We just viewed part of an Oasis review on you tube.  The couple drove around and around the Miami RCI parking garage, but all spots were taken.  They finally got a spot up on the roof (When this old world starts getting you down......remember that song?) I think they got to the garage at 11am.  I sure hope we won't have any issues on our Bella cruise in March.  It also seems like a lot to walk, more than I can handle.  I think @singinalot Chrystal parked there recently and I don't think she had trouble getting a spot.  Any past parkers find difficulty finding spots?

We've been on at least 2 out of the new terminal thet we drove to and never had an issue. We get there between 10 and 10:30. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

We have cruised out of Miami twice this year and had no problem at all. Hopefully we will have good luck next week.

Edited by ownedbypets
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The time I was there, we only had trouble finding a spot because we needed a handicap accessible spot, and they were all taken up.  We legit needed a handicap spot not for distance, but because the driver is a paraplegic and needed the space to open the door fully to transfer from vehicle to wheelchair. 

We finally ended up taking one of the hundred unused "green vehicle only" parking spots, but he had to back in, so that his side of the car was against a concrete support wall (so nobody could park too close, preventing us from leaving at the end of the cruise), and park over the line, so he had room to open his door.  (Why do "green" vehicle people get special parking privileges???)

It probably looked like a lot of walking because they were driving around and around, but it really isn't -- the elevators are centrally located on every single floor, and when you take the elevator down you land right at the sidewalk where everyone is getting dropped off by taxis, etc. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@ownedbypets

@Ourusualbeach

@brillohead

Thanks! Like I posted, they took a video driving all over the garage.  

We'll be sure! to get there early and wait in the terminal for check in time, at least I HOPE we can wait inside.

This will be our first time out of Miami and first time on Oasis class.

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, George C said:

Currently drinking a very large cognac, Bills looked pretty bad , Josh Allen was off throwing the ball , only offense was him running, I thought Bills would lose a few games this year but this surprised me . Jets are looking good . 

Looks like Allen hurt his arm at the end of the game, wonder if he will play next week or not?

2 hours ago, brillohead said:

It's not rocket science, folks -- go to your muster station!

I don't get it either. It's so much easier now doing it on the app. We watched the videos in the WJ after eating lunch at noon and then went down to the muster station. Took all of five minutes.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

We finally ended up taking one of the hundred unused "green vehicle only" parking spots, but he had to back in, so that his side of the car was against a concrete support wall (so nobody could park too close, preventing us from leaving at the end of the cruise), and park over the line, so he had room to open his door.  (Why do "green" vehicle people get special parking privileges???)

Screen Shot 2022-10-06 at 2.53.40 PM.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 14

Thanks! Like I posted, they took a video driving all over the garage.  

We'll be sure! to get there early and wait in the terminal for check in time, at least I HOPE we can wait inside.

This will be our first time out of Miami and first time on Oasis class.

To give you an idea, someone on my current cruise (Oasis) timed their journey from when they dropped off their luggage to the porter to entering the terminal, going upstairs, checking in, going through security, going upstairs again, and getting on the ship.  It was seventeen minutes, start to finish.

I had The Key (was cheaper than Voom on sale) and I was in the Schooner Bar on my laptop before 10:45, with my muster station checked in and everything already.  

If you're lucky and you're in a line where someone already scanned in their passport and their photos, and the people in front of you don't forget to put their cell phones and wallets in their bags before going through security, you really zip through quickly.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, StanleyandGus said:

This is the weather here today. I think it’s here to stay. Driving is unpleasant because of the blowing snow, but on the other hand, it’s easy to clean up the dog’s, um, leavings!

45487F55-3868-4B7D-BF2D-C81819252C48.jpeg

Mmm what a beautiful sight.  🙂 Snow makes me smile.  I've never been to Regina...  My mom was born just outside of Saskatoon and I've been there once years ago.  One day my goal is to do a cross Canada road trip.  I want to start in Tofino, BC and end at Sydney, NS.  

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, brillohead said:

I swear, SuperMario is stalking me.  Or vice versa.  Whatever.  

After my month on Explorer with him, I get on Oasis today and he's on this ship now!  LOL

I believe he is single, but I do know he is Pinnacle. 😄

• Haha 7

Some photos from today. 

Our neighbor started their corn harvest. The combine is stopped waiting for the tractor and grain buggy to catch up. It was busy loading the transport. 

F652FEB1-3822-448F-8033-27068266D1F1.thumb.jpeg.c3c740f173c0d98a3f606054a83d4580.jpeg

F7562B32-2D7F-4694-BDE8-B139962841DD.thumb.jpeg.2741a09b42fe695150afcaf96bf12ae8.jpeg

Lucy hung out whIle I BBQed some pork chops. 

B2115BA2-D532-4D99-B1EF-75AF7A539B50.thumb.jpeg.a6e6b2a419dfe842143196ad5a532b33.jpeg

and that was dinner tonight. They were about 10oz and delicious. 

E06D664C-4FAC-4464-83E0-6A4CC213DD78.thumb.jpeg.92ff63037673537278a6cea415b767b1.jpeg

• Like 27

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

Mmm what a beautiful sight.  🙂 Snow makes me smile.  I've never been to Regina...  My mom was born just outside of Saskatoon and I've been there once years ago.  One day my goal is to do a cross Canada road trip.  I want to start in Tofino, BC and end at Sydney, NS.  

We did a cross country road trip over a period of four weeks in 1976.

• Like 2

Oh, for those meals with meat and potatoes!!!   Had one of those meat and potatoes meals at Cracker Barrel today, after we ran to Sam’s Club and Target.  

Of course, we had to bring this home from CB, for a healthy dinner. 

5D4212A5-66D4-4F80-855C-2FBAB5C67B78.thumb.jpeg.76ced3d29f7bc13ce7dbaf03da96f793.jpeg

That is their cinnamon roll pie.  Oh, so good

• Like 16
  • Haha 1