When cruise lines come back ,will the customers come back

sullyd

8 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

As soon as I Am able, which is totally dependent on my spouse... LOL

Maybe I will have to purchase someone's FCC...

bon voyage

I may be able to help you out there, Bo, if I ever get mine.  If they will let me on the ship, I'm game.  That's the current uncertainty.

• Like 2

I don't think cruising will pick up until a vaccine is widely available.  Yes I realize this is 12-18 months away, best case.

Until then the cruise lines will require medical certification, which many (most) people will not be able to obtain.

At least 1 of the big companies is going bankrupt/liquidation, as will some of the smaller lines.

I love cruising, but this is the perfect storm situation.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I may be able to help you out there, Bo, if I ever get mine.  If they will let me on the ship, I'm game.  That's the current uncertainty.

LOL HC as I can see it now, News at 6.00a, two (2) passengers fighting at check-in, one saying they bought the FCC and the other saying "Well, I changed my mind and I Am going now!" ....

Thank you and bon voyage

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Too soon to tell. It depends on several factors such as how much longer it lasts, people’s financial situation, and how much confidence the people have that it’s under control. Personally, I wouldn’t even consider booking for at least three months after the travel ban was lifted.

44 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

LOL HC as I can see it now, News at 6.00a, two (2) passengers fighting at check-in, one saying they bought the FCC and the other saying "Well, I changed my mind and I Am going now!" ....

Thank you and bon voyage

That would be a crowded cabin... 🙂

• Haha 1

I think that they will come back.  They may wait until COVID is under control.  It may take a little while and they will probably slow/pause the new builds.  It is wait and see or cautious optimism for me.

You might see people opting for refundable deposits.  

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 1

I'm with Bo.  I'm ready as soon as cruising resumes.  I have a cruise booked (booking made long before COVID) for late August of this year.  If the cruise goes, I'll go. 

Harris

Denver, CO

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bo1953 said:

As soon as I Am able, which is totally dependent on my spouse... LOL

Maybe I will have to purchase someone's FCC...

bon voyage

Yup, depends on my Spouse! But she had me book a cruise for 2021 (Norway ports) and a Great Lakes one. She wants to try different places a bit, and realizes for us, cruising i the way to do it. 

So yup, Cruising will return and so will customers. even with the big negatives and impacts on all of us. 

Edited by Denny01
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nachosdelux said:

I don't think cruising will pick up until a vaccine is widely available.  Yes I realize this is 12-18 months away, best case.

Until then the cruise lines will require medical certification, which many (most) people will not be able to obtain.

At least 1 of the big companies is going bankrupt/liquidation, as will some of the smaller lines.

I love cruising, but this is the perfect storm situation.

I agree 100%.

No going anywhere before a vaccine is found.
Not going anywhere until medication is found

Not going anywhere until we are really welcome. Countries here and abroad are grieving.
Not worth my $ or my health for a few Margaritas and nice photos.
Meanwhile please give generously to your local charity.

Cheers

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, dandee2 said:

I agree 100%.

No going anywhere before a vaccine is found.
Not going anywhere until medication is found

Not going anywhere until we are really welcome. Countries here and abroad are grieving.
Not worth my $ or my health for a few Margaritas and nice photos.
Meanwhile please give generously to your local charity.

Cheers

I love this. With you 100%!

Probably not until the cruise lines dramatically change their cleaning, sanitizing programs. If I go back to cruising which I’ve done for 40+ years it will probably be on smaller ships to avoid huge crowds. Also there has been suggestions for screening   passengers before boarding. What process to be sure crew is healthy? Too many questions and I’m not getting any younger. 

As this is Cruise Critic, suspect most here will cruise again at some point or another. Outside of this community however, you can bet the uptake will be very low and resistant until there is a vaccine and the cruise lines can assure the public that they are safe and not floating human petri dishes.

The cruise lines are in for a very rough time, even after they can start sailing again which for mine won’t be for some time.  Many ports around the world will remain closed to cruise ships so even if they want to sail, they will have limited options. 

• Like 1

Frankly no...  we're done for now.  Not forever, but for now.

I no longer feel the value in cruising, and frankly dread the flights to get there.  The ships feel more and more crowded, and the cutbacks continue.  Just not sure it's worth it anymore.

Wait and see for our Feb cruise. I do however think people will be surprised how quickly people both old and new will return to cruising. Price it right and people will book. The price of our cruise has risen by 50% in the last week, that tells me people are booking rooms.