Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

I got all the points I was expecting today, 3 for this month and 2 that had been missed the month before.  My DW has been fighting for some missing points so she was expecting about 10, but when she checked her point total increased by 21 and now matched mine.  I've earned 11 more points than she has due to some social media postings and the Galapagos webinar.  We did not have our accounts tied together until about 6 weeks ago so that is what probably made the change.  Now the question is, are they tracking PUP"s behind the scenes so if our accounts unlink for some reason in the future will they kick her back down those 10 and however many more she doesn't earn in the future?  Probably doesn't matter, but this could be why several posters say both people with linked accounts get the points even if only one does the activity.  

Not sure why I am  getting this feeling of being snookered.  Celebrity is getting invaluable marketing info and I am getting some points on a program that is changing and not for the better.

I also got the 3 points.  

Has anyone reached a higher tier recently due solely to the PUP?  We are getting close and after one more cruise, we will be Elite +.    

6 minutes ago, shipshape sam said:

Not sure why I am  getting this feeling of being snookered.  Celebrity is getting invaluable marketing info and I am getting some points on a program that is changing and not for the better.

I also got the 3 points.  

Has anyone reached a higher tier recently due solely to the PUP?  We are getting close and after one more cruise, we will be Elite +.    

When PUP started we had 739 points and today we have 758.  So we moved from Elite to Elite+ by not spending any $'s but it doesn't really add much value/perks.

11 minutes ago, shipshape sam said:

I also got the 3 points.  

We've gone up 21 CC points since the program started so that's equal to a 10 night cruise with in interior cabin, or a 7 night trip in a veranda.  I'd say tracking things against the typical points you receive for your average trip is a better gauge than if someone moved up in levels.  I'm sure there are a lot of people who would be happy if they put things into that perspective. Whether or not all these points really matter in the long run is an entire different conversation...….

20 hours ago, garyl62 said:

her point total increased by 21 and now matched mine.

I mentioned earlier that I had lost some points in the last month.  I had an email in Nov which stated I had more points than were showing in my account.   When I checked tonight my points now match my DW and are now correct (+9).

49 minutes ago, helovestrains said:

Just went in to register for the Apex Webinar for tomorrow night and I am now registered.  Immediately received a confirmation.

Thanks...

Due to your posting this, I decided to try again...Somehow I just got in as well!

I got my 3 points too.  Whoopee.  I am 3 points closer to Zenith but the thing is by the time I get there I won't know who I am or where I'm at?

Congrats to those who reached another tier.  Elite + changed us somewhat.  We stopped going to the Elite breakfast because the only reason we went was to get Cappuccino.  Elite + got us fab Cappuccino at Al Baccio free.  Lovely.  We didn't make much use of anything else. 

Sure do wish we could get this darn vaccine so we could cruise again.  I miss it so much.  For once, I wish I were 91 and I lived in England!!!  Kudos to the first recipient there.

• Haha 1

[quote]Sure do wish we could get this darn vaccine so we could cruise again.  I miss it so much.  For once, I wish I were 91 and I lived in England!!!  Kudos to the first recipient there.[/quote]

V day yesterday (DH birthday will be forever remembered) but unfortunately the vulnerable are down the list unless living in a care home.

1) Over 80’s and Care home residents

2) NHS and Care staff

3) over 75’s and vulnerable

4) over 70’s etc etc

I fit into section 3 on both counts, so I’m not expecting to be called this side of Christmas, so am not booking a cruise yet!

Edited by upwarduk
  • Like 1

In the US, there is no national plan.  The states and local jurisdictions will all be making their own decisions about who, when, and where.  I live in Florida where there are a LOT of old people, so even though I'm 75, I don't expect that the vaccine will be available to me for many months.  But that's still a whole lot better than a whole lot of years!

Because no vaccine is 100% effective, I hope that the cruise lines will be requiring all passengers to have it,  just like some ports have done with vaccines for other diseases.

• Like 1

Well...we're actually still waiting to know what the plan is here in the US...If we end up with those same categories here, we'd be in Category FIVE?  SIX??  Who knows?  OTOH, I guess I am happy that I'm not in a nursing home...or have to be working on the front lines in health care right now...I'll get it when I get it...and am very hopeful it will be well in time to go on my planned cruises in July!  Until then, let's all stay safe...

3 minutes ago, scrapcreator said:

Am I the only one who can't see any videos or slides? Lisa L pops up every once in a while. I've sent a question/comment.

Everything looks okay on my end. I see both the slides and live speaker as appropriate.

I'm not sure this is better than Galapagos one.  LLP's sound was bad, slides are late to start, whoever is sharing the screen keeps moving his/her mouse around and that shows to all of us.  Entertainment Lisa L. looked like she was sitting in her bedroom at home with a door behind her with a hinge mounted door stop.  This would be much better if they use a professional production company and recorded it in advance so they could correct all the problems, including email notifications coming through on presenters computers.  Hope it ends better.  I'm typing this while the food & beverage is being presented.