Once cruises resume

Once cruising resumes - boarding times   

55 members have voted

1. 1. Boarding time from arrival at the terminal to stepping onboard

• 1-2hrs
    • 2-4hrs
    • 4hrs plus

33 minutes ago, soloadventurer said:

How long do you think it will take you to board from arrival at the terminal to actually stepping onboard  ?

Well under an hour.  That is why they are assigning and enforcing boarding times.  You only need to read some of the Quantum reviews to realize that it is a very quick process

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

On the flip side it could mean it takes longer to disembark passengers, so the usual boarding times could be later

Would help if more locations installed the CBP automated kiosks for disembarking.  

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Reduced capacity and enforced check in times will make it quick.  That's the point... they don't want groups of strangers hanging around inside a terminal waiting for long periods of time.

Right, because those groups of strangers are only going to spend the next week together on a ship.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If they enforce social distancing, six feet apart, there will be a lot less people in the terminal, and it will take longer to board. I'm sure the room cleaning will take longer so that will also back things up. I would be surprised if they started before noon. As far as getting off the ship on disembarkation days, kiss those early flights good bye.

6 hours ago, soloadventurer said:

How long do you think it will take you to board from arrival at the terminal to actually stepping onboard  ?

It should be fast. We fly to locations that require COVID-19 negative tests and it is one more verification at check-in that takes about 15 seconds. If the cruise line requires a vaccination, flashing your CDC card is equally fast. It takes longer to process a passport (as required by homeland security) than anything COVID brings. 

9 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

It should be fast. We fly to locations that require COVID-19 negative tests and it is one more verification at check-in that takes about 15 seconds. If the cruise line requires a vaccination, flashing your CDC card is equally fast. It takes longer to process a passport (as required by homeland security) than anything COVID brings. 

You mention a "CDC card". Is there such a card? I had my second Moderna shot, have nothing but a little paper card with reminder date of second shot handwritten on it.

On 2/19/2021 at 8:38 AM, DaniDanielle said:

Let’s hope you are right.  There are always the ones that show up and expect to get right in hours before they are scheduled 🤪

I don't believe RCI was ever enforcing that policy..we certainly didn't see it. But agree they certainly will now to some degree.