Sauza Cilantro Jalapeno Margarita:

Ingredients
1 1/2 parts Sauza® Blue Silver 100% Agave Tequila
1 1/2 parts DeKuyper® Triple Sec Liqueur
1/2 part Lime Juice
3 Sprig Cilantro
1 slice Jalapeno Pepper

Instructions
Combine Sauza® Signature Blue Silver Tequila, DeKuyper® Triple Sec, fresh lime juice, and jalapeño slice in a shaker with ice. Shake and strain over ice. Garnish with fresh cilantro.

Screen Shot 2022-06-13 at 11.56.50 AM.png

• Like 16
  • Thanks 7

58 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

@Heartgrove Jack, prayers for you and your entire family. May your sister Rest In Peace.  Prayers for your brother as he goes through the PEG procedure.

All this is not easy.  Too many losses too quickly.

You are all in my prayers.

Terri

@Heartgrove - I echo this. Even when the loss is expected, it is truly hard. Prayers continue for your  brother. Take care.

Susan

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Good morning to everyone.  It must be Monday, because I don't want to weed or sew or mess around in the kitchen.   So of all things, I'll take the Sauza Cilantro Jalapeño Margarita.  I think we had something similar at Walt Disney World and it was very good.

@smitty34877, what a morning you had!  That will get your adrenalin going.  Thank goodness you had a proper alarm and were made safe.

@VMax1700, Bon Voyage!  And thanks for taking us along on your "Live From" thread.

@Seasick Sailor, amazing that you were able to help along that beautiful tiny sweet hummingbird.  What an experience!  ❤️

@StLouisCruisers, cheers to you that you made it through this round of testing.  Very alarming to hear of so many people removed from the ship!

@Cruising-along, I'm so sorry to hear that DD's family is having a hard time.  Prayers that they get better quickly and put this behind them.

Belated Happy Birthday to @JAM37's DS and @marshhawk's DH.  I think I missed those.  With babysitting DD's doggie and our own, I can hardly concentrate.  Our little Pocket is really giving his older cousin Pomeranian the business.

Thanks to Rich and all contributors to the Daily.   So nice to start the week off with some old friends on board here again.  Have a great day, Everyone!  😊

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

Good Afternoon, thanks for the daily report.  It was a busy work morning that started with a password change.  Now if I can remember it.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds good especially the first recipe from @dfish.  
I ignored my PCC’s advice to wait for an upgrade offer and called a bit ago.  I was able to snag a Neptune upsell for both itineraries.  With only one cabin left both ways I’m glad I called.  Now we don’t have to change cabins when we get to Montreal.  After DH insisting we upgrade he wants to complain that it costs more.🤣

@Heartgrove my condolences to you and your family.

@kazu happy to see you here again.  

I hope that everyone has a good day today.

image.thumb.png.8107460dfab2cabce9e89fbe3cc0ed0a.png

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

..... and it continues sunny, hot and windy in Durango although it does cool off at night so sleeping is possible. I really am thinking about getting air conditioning. I love Iceland. Not sure about the meal but I think I would like it. And I am something of a Klutz of the Kitchen. 

Jacqui, Glad to see you back. 

I sincerely hope that gas leak was the last of the attacks by inanimate objects.... they seem to be getting more alarming. That does make 3 now.

I have given up on gardening. I need to call our lawn service to get someone to week the Iris bed. The deer have left me those but the weeds are coming in fast and my back will no longer take it. As to the deer... it is now their yard. They stand around when I go out to get in the car or walk the dog. They leave deery messes on the lawn. I have started to give them names. I talk to them. So far they have not answered back. I need a vacation.

I am still sorting and this morning ventured out early to the Post Office to send several donation packages to a scottie rescue auction. Now I am going to load out a box for our local shelter. I hesitate to take too much out there since the place is still pretty torn up with the renovations which seem to go on and on. Another month at least as we have to work in segments due to the need to stay open. And people keep dumping animals. The dogs are often between 10 months and 14 months... aged out as cute puppies. 

Take care all.

Susan

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

Good afternoon everyone, I’m late today!  Don’t have much to weed as everything is in containers.  I don’t have a sewing machine, but my mom does.  Hats off to kitchen klutzes of which I am one at times.  Last year I felt like I always had a band aid on one of my fingers due to knife cuts!  I like the quote, it’s a little bittersweet.  The meal sounds interesting as does the drink.  I’m sure I’d like the wine.  Haven’t been to today’s port and I’m sure the photos will be interesting.  Prayers for all on our prayers list today.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events!

• Like 18

55 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

I don't remember if I posted this before, DD has her Deer Cop up and running, she has startled the gardeners and our new neighbours - and we haven't seen any deer, so perhaps she has startled them, too.

Yay on the Deer Cop working 👍 I’d be tempted to try it here but it would involve a long extension cord to keep them away from the front lawn where they are eating plants.  

@ger_77Gerry, congrats on conquering the angel wings.  They are really sweet on the sweater 👍 

27 minutes ago, durangoscots said:

I am still sorting and this morning ventured out early to the Post Office to send several donation packages to a scottie rescue auction. Now I am going to load out a box for our local shelter. I hesitate to take too much out there since the place is still pretty torn up with the renovations which seem to go on and on.

Too bad we weren’t closer, I could have given you all kinds of quality dog donations and…

27 minutes ago, durangoscots said:

And people keep dumping animals. The dogs are often between 10 months and 14 months... aged out as cute puppies. 

And maybe have relieved you of a couple of your aged puppies.  Honestly, what is wrong with people.  A pet is a responsibility and deserves a furever home 💔 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, dfish said:

@smitty34877 Wow!  I am so glad the fire department responded so quickly and I hope all is fixed easily and rapidly.  Take out it is!   Thankfully, everyone is ok.

@kazu Jacqui, it was so good to see your post.  I understand the need to get those gardens in shape.  There is something very therapeutic to digging in the dirt.  I remember right after I retired I was having difficulty dealing with a family issue concerning my brother.  When it got to be too much I would go weed the gardens.  I have to say that they looked their best that year.  

@Seasick Sailor Glad to hear all is well with you.

@aliaschief Might we be on the same cruise?  We are doing the Best of Norway on the Rotterdam from July 17-31.   Wouldn't that be a hoot.  

I got my laps in.  I did 4 in a row without stopping, the most so far.  2.4 miles.  I did use my hiking poles because they limit the pain from the spinal stenosis and allow me to go further.  

Debbie we are on Aug 14-28! Right after our Scotland land tour. Would have been neat to finally meet in person.

• Like 12

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Daily.

Fun days. I do some weeding most days. I like sewing machines and have 2 of my Mother's, including an old Singer featherweight. She was an excellent seamstress and made clothes for herself and me as a kid. I am not klutzy in the kitchen! Interesting quote.

I'll pass on the meal and drink, but take the merlot (and Roy's chilled banana soup!).

I haven't been to Grundarfjordur. Thanks for any pictures.

We've got a hot week here, with temps up in the 90's and humid. I wanted to get a little trimming of shrubs done this morning, but my stomach was upset. I'll maybe do it later, but it may be too hot for me. My resin fix for my chipped incisor fell out yesterday, so back to the dentist! I never used to have any dental issues.

@kazu So nice to see you here! Lovely flowers. Continued prayers for you.

@Sharon in AZ Enjoy Venice!

@VMax1700 Bon Voyage!

@smitty34877 Oh no on the gas leak! And thank goodness for the alarm! Good for Tana, having her sense of humor intact.

@grapau27 Lovely hydrangeas. Mine are just starting to flower.

@ger_77 Congrats on mastering the angel wings! 

@mamaofami I hope the pain MD can help Sam.

@cunnorl Wow about your friend in Ireland on her trip.

@StLouisCruisers Wow, that's 25% of the B2Bers testing positive! Yikes! Stay safe.

@Cruzin Terri Good to hear you're feeling better.

@Heartgrove Sincere condolences on the passing of your sister, and prayers for the family with all the grief you are enduring. It was good that you were able to be with her these last few days. Prayers that your brother's procedure is uneventful.

@Cruising-along Sorry to hear that DD and DGS are ill; I hope they recover quickly.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers to the Celebration List.

Try to stay safe everyone; it's hard but we must persevere.

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 6

2 hours ago, Heartgrove said:

Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebration Report, and thank you Debbie for today's recipes. And thank you all for being here!

My sister passed yesterday close to noon. She went very peacefully with all of us at her bedside. For the five days at her bedside, it allowed us to happily remember her "Kelley-isms" which helped with our grief. She was the "Matriarch-in-Training" until our mother passed away in 1997. She assumed the mantle of "Matriarch" then.  🙂   My older sister was the pragmatic one. I have many fond memories of her being my big sister in my times of need. The funeral will be Thursday.

My brother will have the PEG surgery on Friday. He will need to be transferred back to the hospital for the procedure. My DSIL has told us that she is not ready to put him in hospice at this time. Their middle daughter just lost her Father-in-Law two weeks ago and Mother-in-Law in April. We will visit with my brother today, and tomorrow we will see my two grandsons. My son-in-law just lost an uncle last week. So much grief in our families right now!

I will be happy to be home again by the weekend. Sam is really missing us (we are missing him too!) as DSIL sent us a video of him howling looking for the other members of his pack! It was quite the howl!

Stay Safe,

- Jack

I'm so sorry to hear your very sad news Jack @Heartgrove.

Prayers and deepest condolences to you and your family.

Graham.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, kazu said:

Thanks for the Daily, Rich.

I thought I would try to start the week out right by posting here 😉 I am in slow motion as it seems to take longer to do anything these days.  And some days doing anything much can be a challenge. 

I was a day early celebrating weed your garden day.  I knew it would rain today so forced myself to face the music and start to clean up.  I’ve let the garden go, sadly and must now pay the price.  I’ve barely had a chance to truly enjoy the fruits of the years’ labours.  And I guess I can definitely celebrate kitchen klutz day.  I’ve certainly been a huge klutz in the kitchen for the last few months 😱 

That quote is ever so true.  The meal suggestion sounds delish.  

Garden Club (and animal lovers) as you know, deer are the bane of my existence.  This is why I have a fence.

D6222236-8FF1-4FAA-B15E-E9BEC73E3091.thumb.jpeg.54679b4851d2342caa0043591a8f3153.jpeg

That picture was taken from a great distance.  You can walk right up to them and they don’t move.

67F2A3F0-FC31-40A0-9644-9AA38C5FF9A1.thumb.jpeg.63aa29d94aed304ab65eedd868e82274.jpeg

They are just too used to humans and dogs. And voracious garden destroyers.  

D97DE2AA-0069-4560-BA3A-B37D67AD1A25.thumb.jpeg.66375656f0b2fb2a3132dc9175a82b7e.jpeg

I know lots of people think they are beautiful but this gardener hates them.  I would never have these or any other flowers if I didn’t have fencing.

8532BDD3-926C-4CDC-9F3F-5BF1BB122262.thumb.jpeg.974101eb139c97a03e2b6545e7f1d6b9.jpeg

DH wanted me to plant this one.  I’m so sorry he isn’t here to see it 😢  I don’t know why the tulips were so short this year - due to the cold and rain?

ADF7C197-2199-4699-853F-26F5EF33E92C.thumb.jpeg.1a86b2b7f7ebd3dcd4b6ce14eef3bed2.jpeg

A very big Bon Voyage to @VMax1700

I hope you and Ellen have glorious time!

F61F1CCD-253D-40C2-A838-184074567D8E.jpeg.12b387b29c6fba5ae2854af935832ffa.jpeg

Thank you all for caring and thinking of me ❤️  I am so sorry that so many of you have sad times to deal with such as - Melinda’s cancer, Buddy’s problems, @Cruising-along’s DD with Covid & @StLouisCruiserschallenge with covid so close, @atexsix’s DD & @marshhawk’s friend’s decline.  My heart goes out to @Heartgrovewho is dealing with so much with his sister in hospice & brother’s rehab issues 😔 

Prayers for you all, everyone on the Care list & a 🥂 to those on the Celebratory List.

Have a great Monday everyone!

D860A8AC-178A-4B5C-8E6F-C97051E25108.thumb.jpeg.b2d30382c702dfc778c3b18c66575375.jpeg

Stay safe & don’t forget your 😷 when / where needed.

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Lovely flowers and nice to see you posting.

We had a late frost last year and my late parents hydrangeas which I brought to ours from theirs when they both died over 10 years ago and created a memory garden at ours they had a poor flowering but this year there are lots of buds ready to flower.

This picture was taken a couple of years ago.

Graham.

Screenshot_20220613_134122.jpg

I love these  flowers.

Jim.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Weeding is therapeutic for me, as is ironing. Inherited love of weeding from my Dad & love of ironing from my Mom. Don’t know if I am a kitchen klutz but am a little klutzy in (many) other areas. @ger_77, I love the wings! I didn’t bring yarn on this trip, as I am hopeful to finish some stitch work that begs to be finished.  @Heartgrove, I am so sorry for the loss of your sister & the aches and pains and sorrows of so many of us. We are enjoying Lisbon but are sure having a time of getting beyond jet lag. We took a nice walk around Lisbon after morning (long!) naps and did buy some port & wine to take on board tomorrow. I am not much of a wine drinker but am looking forward to drinking port from Portugal in & offshore of Portugal. 🇵🇹

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Heartgrove said:

Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebration Report, and thank you Debbie for today's recipes. And thank you all for being here!

My sister passed yesterday close to noon. She went very peacefully with all of us at her bedside. For the five days at her bedside, it allowed us to happily remember her "Kelley-isms" which helped with our grief. She was the "Matriarch-in-Training" until our mother passed away in 1997. She assumed the mantle of "Matriarch" then.  🙂   My older sister was the pragmatic one. I have many fond memories of her being my big sister in my times of need. The funeral will be Thursday.

My brother will have the PEG surgery on Friday. He will need to be transferred back to the hospital for the procedure. My DSIL has told us that she is not ready to put him in hospice at this time. Their middle daughter just lost her Father-in-Law two weeks ago and Mother-in-Law in April. We will visit with my brother today, and tomorrow we will see my two grandsons. My son-in-law just lost an uncle last week. So much grief in our families right now!

I will be happy to be home again by the weekend. Sam is really missing us (we are missing him too!) as DSIL sent us a video of him howling looking for the other members of his pack! It was quite the howl!

Stay Safe,

- Jack

Sending  prayers  and  love  to you  and  your family may your

sister  RIP.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon.  Somehow, I managed to get the house cleaned in record time, and earlier than normal since I started about an hour earlier.

@Heartgrove  Jack, our sincerest condolences to you, Sue, and your family on the passing of your sister, Kelley.  May all the great memories of The Matriarch give you comfort in the coming days.  We are glad you got to spend five days with her.  Best wishes to your brother on Friday for his procedure.

@ger_77  Gerry, I'm happy you mastered the angel wings.

@smitty34877  Terri, I'm very glad your alarm worked and all the family got out safely.  What a horrible experience.  Good to know that Tana and you did no lose your sense of humor.

@cunnorl  What a disappointing development for your BFF and her husband.  I hope she is negative soon.

@Seasick Sailor  Joy, how sweet that you were able to rescue the little hummingbird.  Those deer are huge.  Since a neighbor stopped feeding the deer more than 15 years ago, we haven't seen many in the neighborhood.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, good to know you were able to continue your cruise.  WOW, 200 positive cases.  It was good that Princess disembarked them and their spouses.  Stay safe.

@VMax1700  🛳️ BON VOYAGE COLIN AND ELLEN 🥂  Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

@Horizon chaser 1957  Safe travels.

@marshhawk  I hope DH's DB shoulder heals quickly.  Has he considered hiring a dog walker?

@Cruising-along  I hope your DD and DGS feel better soon, and I hope DSIL and the other DGS stay well.

@Vict0riann  Ann, I hope it's just Pat's cold and that you feel better soon.

@Crazy For Cats  Congratulations on the upsell to a Neptune suite.

@mamaofami  Carole, I hope the pain doctor has an easy fix for Sam's pain.

Lenda

• Like 17
  • Thanks 5

On September 9, 2009, we arrived in Grundarfjordur on Tahitian Princess.  The weather was not the best, cool and rainy, but we enjoyed our walk around the town.  Grundarfjordur is a small town located on a bay on the north side of  the Snaefellsnes Peninsula.  On August 17, 2016, on the first day of an overnight stop in Reykjavik on Prinsendam, we rented a car and drove around the Snaefellsnes Peninsula, stopping in Grundarfjordur.  

The entire area is beautiful, and we enjoyed our visits there.  These pictures are a combination from our two visits, and you can tell the difference in the weather.

In 2009, on our walk around town, we saw these little ones at recess.

IMG_6187.thumb.JPG.ec6e5c15ea8c9e7ac2da3bbb7637e8bb.JPG

The local church.  The exterior picture was taken in 2016 and the interior in 2009

DSC06143.thumb.JPG.e7c840a634cb83005da52ea714198918.JPG

IMG_6199.thumb.JPG.3b512bec91666dcd302b430f6d61ba43.JPG

The local grocery store and a car in the parking lot in 2009.  The car was in the same place in 2019

DSC06151.thumb.JPG.7c7543569d6cd8f0e70baa536bc152c2.JPG

IMG_6192.thumb.JPG.60758d621de58ba594a41e3c82fe3986.JPG

A nice apartment complex on the waterfront

IMG_6198.thumb.JPG.0b37bd89f4e30f4a4c3a997ccf93687e.JPG

Various other housing areas

DSC06149.thumb.JPG.a0f788798bbbbc2b13d8436620b1389b.JPG

IMG_6205.thumb.JPG.a305674cbd92a166432396062838be40.JPG

IMG_6188.thumb.JPG.2202ff67a615a6d3383ef02254917ebe.JPG

IIRC, this is the visitor center or hotel across the road from the grocery store

IMG_6189.thumb.JPG.80bdb7c2c5235ef5cc98004a23454460.JPG

An interesting statue

IMG_6202.thumb.JPG.f36af53cc1fe280c38caa1f31e0b3b54.JPG

Local scenery

DSC06150.thumb.JPG.fdf63c8c9a62391a911c0ecbc5f0a145.JPG

DSC06153.thumb.JPG.d992bda97bb9bdb195503d594af3e217.JPG

Lenda

• Like 24
  • Thanks 6

@Heartgrove my condolences at this sad time.  May your sister rest in peace and your brother tolerate the procedure  and start to feel better.  @smitty34877 I'm pleased that everyone is safe.  May your gas be safely restored soon.  @dfish, congratulations on that walk.  Good to hear from @kazu and @Seasick Sailor today.

Roy

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3