richwmn

Today is Defy Superstition Day, Fortune Cookie Day, and National Peanut Day

As for our majority... one is enough. - Benjamin Disraeli

Meal Suggestion for today - Shrimp Tacos with Lime Crema Slaw
Drink of the Day - Zombie
Wine of the Day - Graham Beck 2009 Brut Rosé
Destination of the Day - Invergordon, Scotland

Today in History:
1501 Michelangelo begins work on his Statue of David, a masterpiece of Renaissance sculpture

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Sitka, Alaska 0800-1600

Koningsdam

Glacier Bay, Alaska 0700-1600

Nieuw Amsterdam

Juneau, Alaska 1000-2200

Nieuw Statendam

Cadiz, Spain 1100-1600

Noordam

Glacier Bay

Oosterdam

Barcelona, Spain a1200[+1]disembark

Rotterdam

Geiranger, Norway 0700-1700

Volendam

Vancouver, Canada 0700-1600

Westerdam

Hubbard Glacier, Alaska 1400-1800

Zaandam

Boston, Massachusetts 0700-1700

Zuiderdam

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island 0900-1700

0913Alaska.thumb.png.c117024362b2eaaaa4e2f5b013b0e0ef.png

0946Atlantic.thumb.png.16c5644b768d7414f6a67869e6813b44.png

• Like 24
  • Thanks 17

Good morning.  Happy Hump Day.  Thanks for the Report.

A cool morning, only 11°C (52°F) this morning, Bertie doesn't mind but I need a jacket.  I have a dentist appointment this morning, just a cleaning and check up.

I'm not too superstitious, fortune cookies are fun, I like peanuts (especially ones covered in chocolate).

Interesting quote.

The meal sounds good, not sure about the drink but I think I'll like the wine.

We were in Invergordon in June on the Zuiderdam, I wonder if I can find pictures.

Prayers for everyone.  I hope they find that fugitive in Pennsylvania, such a scary situation for everyone there.

Cheers for all the celebrations.

• Like 32

Today’s Care list:

Cruising sister’s great niece Baby Murphy post-surgery, on vent, unstable

Smitty34877’s DH Lou hospitalized

CrabbyPatti’s DF placed on hospice care

65th anniversary of grapau27’s Pauline’s baby brother’s death

Rafinmd (Roy) testing positive for Covid

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

Wildfires in Maui/Lahaina

Earthquake in Morocco and flooding in Libya, both with many deaths

Canadian/US wildfires; those in the path of Hurricane Lee 

Citizens of Ukraine

From the rotation:

Tana’s pulmonary issues

StLouisCruiser’s friend’s DB Mark with bile duct cancer

Catmando with cancer recurrence, on immunotherapy

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Welcome Home Crazy For Cats & HAL4NOW!

Heartgrove in Hamburg pre-cruise

Mr. Boston touring Europe prior to cruising

Live4Cruises’ DH Nicholas doing well and getting the ok to cruise!

DeeniEncinitas safe on Maui

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

1 day for Heartgrove (MSC Preziosa Sept 14 to Sept 24) British Isles

1 day for Lady Hudson (Jewel of the Seas Sept 14 to Sept 28) Canada and Greenland

1 day for Mr. Boston (Oosterdam Sept 14 to Oct 8 ) Med Tapestry, Greece & Adriatic Antiquities

2 days for Cruising-along (Celebrity Solstice Sept 15 to Sept 22) Alaska

3 days for Haljo1935 (Carnival Venezia Sept 16 to Sept 29, B2B) NY/Canada/NE

4 days for SusieKIslandGirl (Noordam Sept 17 to Oct 1) Great Alaskan Explorer

RMLincoln (Norwegian Joy to Sept 20, B2B)

• Like 24
  • Thanks 16

Thank you for today’s R & D, Rich!  Bindi decided that she did not want a pre-breakfast walk this morning. I suspect she doesn’t enjoy starting out in the dark now. She used to love it, but her age is beginning to show. 

Vanessa, thank you for keeping up with all of us. Just Bindi walks, chores, HIIT, and maybe some pool time. We had more T-storms last night - not as wild but a bit more rain. I have been lucky to sneak some pool time in before the evening storms of the last two nights. 

IMG_1597.jpeg.3b460549c9162634273336562751915c.jpeg

IMG_1726.jpeg.e9a45aa22214f6031b8afa197da07b39.jpeg

IMG_1736.jpeg.9e8ab5be1cc2718ebef5b28eda313987.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Especially Lou and Baby Murphy. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating. Have a wonderful day everyone!

Graham Beck 2009 Brut Rosé

This sparkling rosé from South Africa has lots of consumer fans. Both critics & consumers rate it very good - excellent. Online distributor prices start at $17.99.

Winemaker Notes

A pale silver-pink in color with aromas of raspberries, cherries and a few secondary whiffs of minerality. Fine in the mouth, with subtle red berry flavors enlivened by bright acids. Brisk on the palate, showing hints of oyster shell and fresh lavender. Flirtatious and fun, yet elegant and structured, it's perfect for all seasons and settings.

D90 Decanter

This méthode cap classique (South African fizz made in the same way as Champagne) from SA stalwart Graham Beck has a lovely creamy red fruit and apple character, with a rich mousse and brioche finish. It has a vibrant raspberry acidity and a long finish. Great value.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 4

Good morning friends!  I heard some thunder overnight but I'm not sure we really got much rain out of it.  It is 68 now and we expect 83 with cloudy skies and a chance of a thunderstorm.  Radar is showing rain between Atlanta and Augusta at the moment but heading away from me.

Thank you Rich @richwmn for our Daily and Fleet Report.  I would be glad to celebrate defying superstition, fortune cookies and peanuts.  Georgia is known for peanuts, peaches and cotton.  Not sure what to say about the quote.  I'm sure the shrimp tacos will be great but I like to stick to the tried and true beef or even chicken.  The Zombie sounds a bit scary!  And if our wine really is a brut rose I would give it a try.  A very good day in history because of how amazing Michelangelo's statue of David turned out.  Thanks to Debbie @dfish,  Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard, for their work on the food and beverages reports.

Prayers this morning already said for our Care list people, especially Lou and Terry @smitty34877, Tana, Roy @rafinmd, Annie @marshhawk and Chuck @catmando, Baby Murphy's miracle, Terri @Cruzin Terri, Denise @CrabbyPatti for her DD as he comes home to hospice care.  Also for my DB, my friend's DB Mark, and those affected by wildfire, flooding, hurricanes, earthquakes and war.🙏  I cheer all those celebrating and cruising.  Hope to hear from Jacqui @kazu soon.  Also we haven't heard from Carol @mamaofami recently have we?  Hope they are doing okay. 🥂 Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for your wonderful lists.  

Special thoughts to Pauline @Paw13 and Graham @grapau27 on this sad reminder of her darling baby brother's passing.😥

Our destination today is Invergordon, Scotland, the third time for that port.  Prior dates were March 1, 2022 and November 5, 2022.  We have been there once and will repost my photos.  Here are the links for your convenience.

I'm still using my old laptop but I believe the new one is nearly ready for its debut.  Another program or two to finish up setting it up.  DH has a mid morning dental cleaning so that will wait for afternoon.  Hope everyone here has a great Wednesday!  Now here are photos from our stop in Invergordon.

In 2015 I visited Inverness while on a cruise stopped in Greenock, Scotland.  It was a cold, rainy day and the following day I stayed on the ship while the Royal Princess was in Invergordon because I was sick with a new cold.  I'll post the photos DH and our Myrtle Beach friends took in Invergordon. 

On May 17, 2015 we and our friends arrived in Invergordon, Scotland on the Royal Princess.  As I said I felt badly because of that darn cold I caught so stayed onboard.  I have DH's photos and our friend Bob's photos.  Unfortunately his camera had not been set to the local time so they are not in sequence with our own photos so I'm having to go back and forth trying to keep up with their walk.

Coming into port, the beautiful green countryside.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJoLSYEV1qCA85IJ9AT9o6g?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435191321

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLKx7FtnDtQiKc6IXP1lNlG?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435191322

Photo or three of the Church of Scotland in Invergordon.   00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIclX8ochAy4-IICVFXhlQn?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435191346

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJryZjpKtEtJE3erVhi-gxa?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435191347

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKC5dUtjOZ9SS0juRzSXw1y?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435191348

Charming small town streets

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIBpcvT1ZYeK7bthyv509-I?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435191341

A more modern, and modest, Roman Catholic church.  St. Joseph's.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKdJ3g2H1bHdzMUY7SmE34m?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435191364

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJIzhZju6vnkFZH8yH9UN5B?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435191455

The small train station00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL8oToep7XE-4MHb1ZOfdlv?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435191370

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKn5N_K1Bi0RgtmV3e8X6xf?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435191441

They saw murals all around the town.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKsCd13W1Y8LbbLb--lXcov?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435191445

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKjUNjMzDZFhN7nJMVTGghd?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435191450

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ4Z_ioqTmvb-fxChxzHazH?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435191451

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIk4gvGyparLGkaq5QOEUYO?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435194911

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLPZ5woYw8ohgt_9ffz_l55?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435191471

Looks pretty real doesn't it?00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJYpU5YPKFW1dUgpTx0gNme?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435191486

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJvV9b_L1tua36ZCz4R3sRz?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435191484

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLm1pjX3gvE8Prlp3cq0Gv1?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435191463

In the afternoon we took photos from the ship of the surroundings.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKhf6ZT92dXAFi5TW4IsDL3?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435191513

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKlbHx9zNRpn0iUmUQlMaK0?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435191520

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIMIjl9YZdyQv8BbP8h0OS5?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435191520

I believe I saw Invergordon on an upcoming cruise for us so this time I intend to step foot on shore there!

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 29
  • Thanks 6

Good morning all.  We have a lot of posters and their families in need of prayer.  I know we will all continue to focus on their needs through our prayers.  

We were up much of last night because we got a call our new great-grandson was in the hospital with breathing issues.  Jalen Alexander now is back home.  Drs not sure why he was struggling.  Our grandson is not handling this too well — we said welcome to parenthood!  Suggestion from Dr to get a humidifier for the home.

Murderer escapee update:  Not yet found.  I am astounded that he continues to evade police — and dogs!

Cruise update:  Still on for tomorrow but with itinerary change.  We leave Cape Liberty in Bayonne at 5 pm tomorrow.  Then we sail for — wait for it — an hour and a half!  Docking in Manhattan at 6:30 pm and staying docked until 8:00 pm on Friday.  Then 4 sea days before reaching Nuuk, Greenland.  This should be an interesting trip!

Have a great day and stay safe.  Katherine 

• Like 36
  • Thanks 4

Zombie cocktail:

The Zombie is a Tiki cocktail made of fruit juices, liqueurs, and various rums. It first appeared in late 1934, invented by Donn Beach at his Hollywood Don the Beachcomber restaurant. It was popularized on the East coast soon afterwards at the 1939 New York World's Fair. Wikipedia
Ingredients
1 1/2 ounces Jamaican rum
1 1/2 ounces Puerto Rican gold rum
1 ounce 151-proof demerara rum
1/8 teaspoon Herbsaint or Pernod
3/4 ounce lime juice, freshly squeezed
1/2 ounce falernum
1/2 ounce Donn’s mix*
1 teaspoon grenadine
1 dash Angostura bitters
Garnish: mint sprig

Steps
Add the rums, Herbsaint or Pernod, lime juice, falernum, Donn’s mix, grenadine and bitters into a blender, then add 6 ounces of crushed ice.
Blend at high speed for no more than 5 seconds.
Pour the contents into a tall glass or Tiki mug, add ice cubes to fill, and garnish with a mint sprig.
*Donn’s mix: Bring 3 crushed cinnamon sticks, 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water to a boil, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Simmer for 2 minutes, then remove from the heat and let sit for at least 2 hours before straining into a clean glass bottle. Then add 1 part of the syrup and 2 parts of fresh grapefruit juice together.

Screenshot 2023-09-13 at 7.10.32 AM.png

• Like 18
  • Thanks 14

Happ Wednesday. Thank you for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

It will be a cooler day today after thunderstorms last night. I am working from home today, have quite a bit of paperwork and such to do. 

@Lady Hudson, I live quite close to the area where the manhunt continues. I have noticed my local police are patrolling more frequently. It is nerve wracking having to be so vigilant. I have security cameras and such and I make sure the system is armed. 

The results of the MRI show that the adrenal mass has grown slightly but it was confirmed to be benign. Never had an MRI before. Very interesting process. 

Interesting meal and drink of the day. Scotland is on my bucket list as I do have Scottish blood to go with my Armenian blood. 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

Image result for Wednesday cat memes

• Like 32

Thanks for the Fleet Update and General Info from all contributors.

Todays days are very appropriate for me. I opened a fortune cookie this am that I got last nite at a bbq, I mean Chinese restaurant and it said, and I quote, “Sometimes you feel like a nut and sometimes you don’t, but you will always be a Redneck”. 😳

• Like 13
  • Haha 18

Good afternoon.

It is 65°F and sunny now.

Thank you for today's daily reports.

I like chocolate peanuts and fortune cookies.

I am superstitious.

We have been to church service today to remember Pauline's baby brothers 65th memory today.

We had cakes and refreshments afterwards in church.

I hope everyone is well.

• Like 33

Good Morning Everyone,  thanks for today's daily fleet report.  We went through immigration and then customs.  What they failed to tell us was that customs would also handle immigration.  We were instructed to do both lines. Afterwards we had one last breakfast in the PG.  Our ride is confirmed for 8:30.

20230913_074843.thumb.jpg.b390df59c249b688b11827dede117dea.jpg

• Like 36

59 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Today’s Care list:

Cruising sister’s great niece Baby Murphy post-surgery, on vent, unstable

Smitty34877’s DH Lou hospitalized

CrabbyPatti’s DF placed on hospice care

65th anniversary of grapau27’s Pauline’s baby brother’s death

Rafinmd (Roy) testing positive for Covid

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

Wildfires in Maui/Lahaina

Earthquake in Morocco and flooding in Libya, both with many deaths

Canadian/US wildfires; those in the path of Hurricane Lee 

Citizens of Ukraine

From the rotation:

Tana’s pulmonary issues

StLouisCruiser’s friend’s DB Mark with bile duct cancer

Catmando with cancer recurrence, on immunotherapy

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Welcome Home Crazy For Cats & HAL4NOW!

Heartgrove in Hamburg pre-cruise

Mr. Boston touring Europe prior to cruising

Live4Cruises’ DH Nicholas doing well and getting the ok to cruise!

DeeniEncinitas safe on Maui

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

1 day for Heartgrove (MSC Preziosa Sept 14 to Sept 24) British Isles

1 day for Lady Hudson (Jewel of the Seas Sept 14 to Sept 28) Canada and Greenland

1 day for Mr. Boston (Oosterdam Sept 14 to Oct 8 ) Med Tapestry, Greece & Adriatic Antiquities

2 days for Cruising-along (Celebrity Solstice Sept 15 to Sept 22) Alaska

3 days for Haljo1935 (Carnival Venezia Sept 16 to Sept 29, B2B) NY/Canada/NE

4 days for SusieKIslandGirl (Noordam Sept 17 to Oct 1) Great Alaskan Explorer

RMLincoln (Norwegian Joy to Sept 20, B2B)

52 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  I heard some thunder overnight but I'm not sure we really got much rain out of it.  It is 68 now and we expect 83 with cloudy skies and a chance of a thunderstorm.  Radar is showing rain between Atlanta and Augusta at the moment but heading away from me.

Thank you Rich @richwmn for our Daily and Fleet Report.  I would be glad to celebrate defying superstition, fortune cookies and peanuts.  Georgia is known for peanuts, peaches and cotton.  Not sure what to say about the quote.  I'm sure the shrimp tacos will be great but I like to stick to the tried and true beef or even chicken.  The Zombie sounds a bit scary!  And if our wine really is a brut rose I would give it a try.  A very good day in history because of how amazing Michelangelo's statue of David turned out.  Thanks to Debbie @dfish,  Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard, for their work on the food and beverages reports.

Prayers this morning already said for our Care list people, especially Lou and Terry @smitty34877, Tana, Roy @rafinmd, Annie @marshhawk and Chuck @catmando, Baby Murphy's miracle, Terri @Cruzin Terri, Denise @CrabbyPatti for her DD as he comes home to hospice care.  Also for my DB, my friend's DB Mark, and those affected by wildfire, flooding, hurricanes, earthquakes and war.🙏  I cheer all those celebrating and cruising.  Hope to hear from Jacqui @kazu soon.  Also we haven't heard from Carol @mamaofami recently have we?  Hope they are doing okay. 🥂 Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for your wonderful lists.  

Special thoughts to Pauline @Paw13 and Graham @grapau27 on this sad reminder of her darling baby brother's passing.😥

Our destination today is Invergordon, Scotland, the third time for that port.  Prior dates were March 1, 2022 and November 5, 2022.  We have been there once and will repost my photos.  Here are the links for your convenience.

I'm still using my old laptop but I believe the new one is nearly ready for its debut.  Another program or two to finish up setting it up.  DH has a mid morning dental cleaning so that will wait for afternoon.  Hope everyone here has a great Wednesday!  Now here are photos from our stop in Invergordon.

In 2015 I visited Inverness while on a cruise stopped in Greenock, Scotland.  It was a cold, rainy day and the following day I stayed on the ship while the Royal Princess was in Invergordon because I was sick with a new cold.  I'll post the photos DH and our Myrtle Beach friends took in Invergordon. 

On May 17, 2015 we and our friends arrived in Invergordon, Scotland on the Royal Princess.  As I said I felt badly because of that darn cold I caught so stayed onboard.  I have DH's photos and our friend Bob's photos.  Unfortunately his camera had not been set to the local time so they are not in sequence with our own photos so I'm having to go back and forth trying to keep up with their walk.

Coming into port, the beautiful green countryside.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJoLSYEV1qCA85IJ9AT9o6g?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435191321

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLKx7FtnDtQiKc6IXP1lNlG?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435191322

Photo or three of the Church of Scotland in Invergordon.   00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIclX8ochAy4-IICVFXhlQn?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435191346

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJryZjpKtEtJE3erVhi-gxa?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435191347

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKC5dUtjOZ9SS0juRzSXw1y?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435191348

Charming small town streets

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIBpcvT1ZYeK7bthyv509-I?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435191341

A more modern, and modest, Roman Catholic church.  St. Joseph's.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKdJ3g2H1bHdzMUY7SmE34m?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435191364

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJIzhZju6vnkFZH8yH9UN5B?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435191455

The small train station00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL8oToep7XE-4MHb1ZOfdlv?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435191370

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKn5N_K1Bi0RgtmV3e8X6xf?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435191441

They saw murals all around the town.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKsCd13W1Y8LbbLb--lXcov?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435191445

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKjUNjMzDZFhN7nJMVTGghd?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435191450

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ4Z_ioqTmvb-fxChxzHazH?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435191451

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIk4gvGyparLGkaq5QOEUYO?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435194911

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLPZ5woYw8ohgt_9ffz_l55?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435191471

Looks pretty real doesn't it?00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJYpU5YPKFW1dUgpTx0gNme?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435191486

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJvV9b_L1tua36ZCz4R3sRz?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435191484

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLm1pjX3gvE8Prlp3cq0Gv1?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435191463

In the afternoon we took photos from the ship of the surroundings.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKhf6ZT92dXAFi5TW4IsDL3?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435191513

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKlbHx9zNRpn0iUmUQlMaK0?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435191520

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIMIjl9YZdyQv8BbP8h0OS5?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435191520

I believe I saw Invergordon on an upcoming cruise for us so this time I intend to step foot on shore there!

Sandi @StLouisCruisers.

Vanessa @JazzyV.

Thank you for remembering Pauline's baby brother Roy's 65th memory today.

Excellent photos of today's port Sandi.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Good morning,

Thanks to all that work hard to keep this thread going. I am amazed how you all do this. Yesterday I finally got my VOV cruise booked. My TA was on vacation and her assistant tried to do it. The concept of club orange and  cabin choice was above her understanding. Then throw in a FCD it was a mess. I was able to save $1100 dollars using club orange to get the cabin I wanted on deck 5 aft. It was definitely worth it even if the Zuiderdam does not have a separate dining room for club orange. I can put that cruise  on the back burner as it is for 2025. I will now focus on the GA. 

@Lady HudsonI hope you will enjoy the cruise with the new itinerary. I am sure there are a lot of upset cruisers with the changes. We can’t control Mother Nature. 

Stay safe Pennsylvania cruisers. It is crazy how he has not moved out of the area and they can’t catch him. 

Prayers for those on the care list and have a great day. 

• Like 32

Good morning. Thank you for the HAL fleet report and all the daily information.

DH got back last night from a fishing trip with his brother and wife to Texas and (mainly) Arkansas. 🐟🎣 Only one little mishap: his brother caught a tree or some brush, and when he jerked the line to get it free it came back at him and the barded hook got stuck in his neck! It took a little bit of doing but they were able to get it out. Otherwise it sounds like they had fun and good bro time.  

I had asked a couple times before DH left if he could go to the diamond park and pick me up a (uncut) diamond 💎 but he poo-pooed the idea. He should have went. I texted them the article but sis-in-law said the boys didn’t want to give up fishing time. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Thank you all for caring and sharing.  Prayers for everyone who needs them. 🙏 Cheers for all the celebrations. 🎉 

IMG_1126.jpeg

Edited by dobiemom
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 7

Happy Hump Day.  Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Dixie, Ann, and Debbie.  Welcome home @HAL4NOW and @Crazy For Cats.  So sorry about @CrabbyPatti and her dear father.  I find Disraeli's statement pretty autocratic.  I think I'm pretty good at defying superstition, am not really interested in fortune cookies, but have peanuts several times a week.  I don't think I've seen the Statue of David.

@Lady Hudson I  hope they catch Cavacado today and you can head to the Jewel worry free.  Enjoy your sail up the Hudson.

I'll pass on the meal.  My alternative is Iceberg Wedge Salad, Filet Mignon, and  Key Lime Pie, as served on MS Westerdam September 9, 2023.

A cool front came through last night and I think intense summer is over.  I have been out to take the recycling cart to the curb and continue around the block.and the mailbox.

I've been to Invergordon just once, Crystal Symphony in 2006.  I can't find any pictures.  It was Sunday and I was a but late for the service at the Church of Scotland @StLouisCruisers showed.  A bit of a culture shock in some ways.  For the sermon the pastor went through the scripture passage went through the passage verse by verse and it was all "This means.... and that means ...", not really anything to apply to 21st century life.  I did not leave an offering.  They never had a collection in the service and when I inquired they said their practice was to leave it while entering and the money had already been taken away and counted.

Roy

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from a wet central Texas.  Yes!  We finally got some rain overnight, but I haven't checked the rain gauge to see how much rain.  It has stopped raining for now, but it is predicted to start again tonight and to last on and off all day tomorrow and into Saturday morning.  It is currently 70F and feels like 70F with 94% humidity and a dew point of 68F.  The predicted high is 84F.  I may be able to squeeze a walk in this morning.

Defying superstition is not always easy, and fortune cookies are interesting.  I like peanuts, but for me they are like potato chips.  I can't eat just one.

The Benjamin Disraeli quote is basically true.

Shrimp tacos might be good, but I'd leave the slaw out.  For a while, the Amsterdam had shrimp tacos in the MDR as an appetizer, and they were very good.  If I drank a Zombie, I'd be a zombie.  I think we'll pass on the wine.

In 2017 on b2b2b2b... cruises on Prinsendam, we visited Invergordon twice.  I'll look for my pictures in a few minutes.

Michelangelo's David turned out to be a masterpiece.  We've seen the replica outside the Uffizi, but not the real one.

@Lady Hudson  Katherine, I'm glad your great-grandson is back home, and I hope the breathing issues are behind him.  I hope the humidifier helps with his breathing.  I'm glad the cruise is still on even with an itinerary change.  It should be interesting sailing from Cape Liberty to Manhattan.

@Denise T  Denise, I'm sorry the mass has grown some, but that is good news it is benign.

@HAL4NOW  Tony, safe travels to you and your DW today.

@grapau27  Graham, our thoughts are with you and Pauline as she remembers her little brother today.

@Crazy For Cats  Welcome home, Jake.

@cruising sister  Lorraine, I'm glad you got the VOV cruise booked and the cabin you wanted,

@Nickelpenny  That is good news.  Thanks, Penny.

362686356_1395932927932247_4325370783303213023_n.jpg.fceccdf0ae06e6b9ddd267d24a12323e.jpg

369466768_627723182804685_2708246601596512010_n.jpg.0d941927f45a846379f671d16512e256.jpg

371895627_622258203428862_484733010289041722_n.thumb.jpg.7305e2d459b927d3626fa95b9385090c.jpg

374570951_773384278126180_4349755690720618819_n.jpg.d94d5b08ede70ba29c51d1e323e96e39.jpg

376666599_800045982124497_3352777194481040467_n.thumb.jpg.b379464b275a9a7fb5e15b83dababeb2.jpg

375334063_883233166494968_8998502187780328444_n.thumb.jpg.d7012f1607e93f2414e51d4cba1422e3.jpg

Lenda

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 18

Oops, didn't mean to push "send".  Anyways, catching the fugitive is great news!!

I am not overly superstitious; love peanuts and fortune cookies (which are not a Chinese invention, BTW).  Interesting quote and I will pass on the food and drink and contemplate the wine.  Never been to Scotland.  Saw the Statue of David 2 years ago and it was amazing!!

Had a great day with the high schoolers.  Today it is middle school science.  Going over the lesson plan, it is all the same for the entire day so this will be a piece of cake.  Realized yesterday I have to start getting ready for my cruise - figuring out what to take, etc.  I don't want to take much because this is just a relaxation cruise; I have been to all of the ports as they are on the west coast.  So I will just chill and contemplate the meaning of lif........... oh, heck, I will just zone out.

Thoughts for those on the care list and cheers to those celebrating.

Have a great Wednesday everyone.

Edited by Nickelpenny
  • Like 32
  • Haha 2

In 2017 on the Prinsendam for 106 days, we visited Invergordon twice.  The first time was on August 7 when we rented a car and headed to Loch Ness.  Unfortunately, Nessie did not make an appearance that day.

These pictures are of Loch Ness and Urquhart Castle, which is in ruins.  I walked down to the ruins while DH stayed at the visitors center and enjoyed the view.  I have some pictures of the ruins, but there are more people than ruins in the pictures. 

DSC08906.thumb.JPG.57a2d457a304b4a724ab2ee8cfba53cc.JPG

DSC08907.thumb.JPG.cf01264876a5f1e8096ef02ffd8acad9.JPG

DSC08911.thumb.JPG.131baf40063e8cf69027781778b8dd8d.JPG

From Loch Ness, we drove to Cawdor Castle.  We walked up to the entrance of the castle, but decided we did not want to go through the building because of all the stairs.  Instead, I wandered through the gardens.

The outside of Cawdor Castle, and yes, that is a working drawbridge.

DSC08929.thumb.JPG.18924bb185136939de2f3d2460572546.JPG

DSC08930.thumb.JPG.b750d4c7cd9526f38ba6278c76ff6c78.JPG

A few pictures of the gardens for the Garden Club and others who enjoy looking at flowers.

DSC08941.thumb.JPG.b6d208600d19b2fe7fd82b6dc6a703bd.JPG

DSC08944.thumb.JPG.6bb5462b7606920b7f85fe7cf7afb13e.JPG

DSC08951.thumb.JPG.4dd112e5fa9a36e0a671d7d5dde819bb.JPG

We then drove through Inverness and toured the Ord Distillery, but I could not find any really good pictures of the town or distillery.

North Sea off shore oil rigs parked in the bay as we sailed that day.

DSC08960.thumb.JPG.28e723d08b74bf55006d7c6e4774c116.JPG

We were back in Invergordon on September 12.  This time in our rental car, we headed east and north to explore the area.  Our first stop was Dunrobin Castle.  We just took a picture of the castle from the car park, and decided to skip the tour.

DSC00292.thumb.JPG.5f564689dd0fb352ad4e566cd34cec51.JPG

The rest of the pictures are scenes along the road and of the various towns we visited.   We drove through and walked around Tain, Dornoch and Alness, but I don't remember which pictures are from which town.  They were all picturesque as was the countryside.

DSC00293.thumb.JPG.deb8630f3b86f38395e437739fee95c3.JPG

DSC00297.thumb.JPG.14e5730a228887f3c51f7fdc19dab3f8.JPG

DSC00303.thumb.JPG.cf91930e990ecac143d8c79023097c99.JPG

DSC00305.thumb.JPG.0e73665cc7b432a2e7dc2267fab3ef78.JPG

DSC00306.thumb.JPG.90e460a2183dd61caf08df8e7fda390d.JPG

Lenda

• Like 28
  • Thanks 6