The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday November 3rd, 2023

richwmn

Good morning. Slept in.
Last night we dined in the Colonnade (Lido) as the theme was Chinese Food. We had some Dim Sum and Egg Drop Soup for appetizer's and I had a Szechuan Chicken Noodle stir fry. It’s sit down dining with a wonderful wait staff. Nice option. Another option is Earth and Ocean at the Patio. Nice menu but even with ceiling mounted heat lamps it’s too cold for us. Would like to try. Maybe the night we are in Charleston. Tonight we go back to the Grill.

We are scheduled to depart at noon today and they are having the Caviar and Champagne Sail Away Party. Looking forward to the sail out in broad daylight.You can watch on PZTV NY Harbor cam.

Tonight the singers and dancers are doing Motown so we will definitely be attending their performance.

We are glad that we have stepped out of our comfort zone sailing with our beloved Hal. After so many cruises it was still great but becoming routine. We do prefer these smaller ships but we’ll be back on a Dam ship on one of their great itineraries in some future cruises. We have nothing booked beyond our World Cruise in January.

Time to get moving. Thanks for the Fleet Report and enjoy Friday and your upcoming weekend. Bruce

Woops! On the repeat canal pics.

image.thumb.jpeg.c72a0f4b884346d8c7251e6ac7267e8d.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.7ff4ad13638e97de024acc541ea02335.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d597b2f9594133821affeca7f89343e3.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.33e317317f85971f83fa79a2c23e08b4.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.461758b74f7b19140660e84ee4f4861b.jpegimage.jpeg.456124a9e032c9c047e2e85e0a6092b5.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.cdffa976bf6bf190c17b5a4065b67e8e.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.461758b74f7b19140660e84ee4f4861b.jpeg

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 29
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 16

Good morning. It is chilly at 35 now but going up to 50 later. We have beautiful sunshine and I look forward to nice walks with the dogs. Two of our out of town visitors arrived yesterday and are staying with DD next door. We will have seven here for dinner tonight and I am making a vegetarian lasagna this morning.

We were  in Liverpool on our Prinsendam British Isles cruise. It was great fun to go to the Beatles museum and ride the ho ho bus. I remember a church on a hill that we saw. It had been bombed during WW2 and was left in that condition. I took lots of pictures that I subsequently lost due to a computer failure and my failure to back them up. 
@superoma, I am so glad things went well and that you have improved vision.

@JazzyV, I am very concerned about the pain you are having and I really hope the PM and  R doc as well as the neurosurgeon’s PA can get things going to help.

@Cruzin Terri, I hope UC is of help today with Jim’s knee

@grapau27, I always enjoy your pictures and I am glad you were able to park by the sea today. I often go sit for a few minutes by the Hudson River to just see the water. It always helps with things! There is a pier in downtown Yonkers that is across from the NJ Palisades and I never tire of the view.

• Like 32
  • Thanks 2

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for the daily updates.  Nice collection of days, I hope all Dominicans have a nice day celebrating.  Nice quote by MacArthur. The meal suggestion sounds promising as does the drink.  I haven’t been to today’s port.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list and for those in need.  Cheers to those of you who are celebrating happy events!

• Like 31

Happy Friday Everyone and thanks for the daily and fleet reports.  Congrats to Dominica; I give students a dollar for a candy or cookies they are selling for their trips or to make money for their organization - does that count? I am not a fan of stout 🤢.  I do like MacArthur's quote.  I have had Sichuan boiled fish while visiting Chengdu and I liked it; will wait for the recipes.  Pass on the drink (peach!), yes to the wine and I have never been to Liverpool.  Had to go look up what the "Great Patent" was:

English colonies at the time required “patents” – documents granted by the king or authorized companies which gave permission to settle at a particular place.

My ex was a ham radio operator and I remember him "talking" on his radio all the time.  I tried to learn Morse code back then but, nah, wasn't successful.

Nice day yesterday and another one today.  Homecoming is tonight at the HS so lots of festivities today - pep rally, etc.  Subbing for Math so it shouldn't be too hard.  I forgot to do my "diary" last night for the study I am in; I can't believe I forgot.

I have to get used to the cool mornings and warm afternoons.  I rarely turn on my heater as I don't like forced air so I hope if I do need it in the future it works ok.  If not, it will be a log on the fireplace.

Thoughts for the world and those on the care list.  Cheers to those celebrating!!

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 33

Despite multiple delays I made it to the train with time to spare. Well, about 15 seconds. As seems to be usual, my seat was occupied, this time by a man who wanted to sit with his wife, but had been assigned a different row.

But I l'm not firing on all cylinders. I had class online until 11:55 p.m. and then was too keyed up to sleep.

Córdoba

PXL_20231103_104524805_MP.thumb.jpg.9e96b811a3bc9e58834d0d7d67c57ea4.jpgPXL_20231103_113635587_MP.thumb.jpg.e8d0d6a53c19740f59f88df079a3e5cd.jpgPXL_20231103_113721017_MP.thumb.jpg.456bb21d6a260e1dc882f9d130301631.jpgPXL_20231103_113705076.thumb.jpg.e4756bc66ffc9bb691b6693445c570fb.jpg

PXL_20231103_114517238.thumb.jpg.f75e89e102e53dd09632a8af53540b38.jpgPXL_20231103_114758174_MP.thumb.jpg.1ce55747e96666d6d2e533c352fb11c8.jpg

Edited by kochleffel
  • Like 31
  • Thanks 5

Good Morning from a very windy day at the beach

The temperature is warm but the winds are intense. Huge whitecaps on the ocean. It has been this way all week.

I played golf on Wednesday and it did me in. Playing into the wind was difficult.  Our course is divided into 3  separate 9 hole courses. 2 were reserved for a high school girls tournament. There were 200 girls from all over the state. It was fun and exciting to see such youth and enthusiasm playing golf. So between all of them, their coaches and parents it was quite busy. 

I cancelled water aerobics for this AM. Just too windy !

Lots going on with everyone. I was thrilled to see the update on Baby Murphy. Will pray that she continues to thrive.

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 32

Good morning from Cozumel, where it is currently 79 degrees.  

I awakened to sounds of us docking, and opened the drapes to find us next to the Liberty of the Seas.   Liberty called Galveston home for several years recently, and I enjoyed my cruises on her. 

@richwmn, thanks for all you do for us.  I appreciate all the information you provide Daily.

Thanks to all the contributors, who enjoy this community so much that they provide info, hope and encouragement - even while they themselves may be going through pain, illness, worry, or loss. 

Prayers and best wishes to all in need. 
Smiles for happy times for Dailyites  
For those traveling, enjoy your experience to the fullest. 

• Like 31

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good morning,

Just a short check in while I am waiting for Jim to get ready.  He has a 8:30 appointment with the Dermatologist.  It is literally across the road.  Then we will come back and have breakfast and then go to the Urgent Care to get the knee checked out.

Please pray there are no broken bones.

Will post when we return from the UC.

Later.

Terri

My prayers are with your DH and you, Terri 🙏 

1 hour ago, superoma said:

Good morning all. Thanks to everyone for their well wishes for my cataract surgery yesterday. It went well. I was home by 2 pm and watching tv shortly thereafter. I am amazed at how well I can see right out of the gate. Now just to keep my hands away from my eyes and water out of my eyes for six weeks. I only need to do drops for one week as I got injections in both eyes to take care of the normally three other weeks. Thanks @JazzyVfor putting me on the cares list. 

off for post op checkup shortly and then taking it easy for the rest of the day and weekend.

That’s great news, indeed 👍. Yay on not having to do drops for the 3 weeks 👏 

• Like 25

Good morning, everyone!

It is an overcast morning here in mid-Michigan.  Temps are at 43F right now and will soar to 54F for a high.  Tonight DB Bill and DSIL Lauren are coming for dinner and Farkle.  We will also have a small birthday celebration for River.  She turns 7 on November 9th.  Her mom is having a party for her, but we haven't been invited to it.  Her other grandma is also hosting a party for her on the 18th and we are going to that one.  Dysfunctional families sure make life interesting.  

Today's meal is not for the faint hearted.  Warning:  It is spicy hot!   I suppose you can tame it somewhat, but then it wouldn't be the same thing.  I did enjoy reading the narrative for this recipe.  I'm pretty sure I won't be making it.  https://redhousespice.com/sichuan-boiled-fish/

sichuanboiledfish1.thumb.jpg.325056d447a3d0b0e95f8cb02fc2a652.jpg

It looks so pretty, but that is from all those little red peppers that promise to numb your mouth right up.  You could probably have some dental work done after eating this.  

There are slightly different ingredients in this recipe.  https://thewoksoflife.com/sichuan-boiled-fish-shui-zhu-yu/

sichuanboiledfish2.thumb.jpg.70298556ed0cea3b5213a27ac12246e7.jpg

And we have one last version.  https://omnivorescookbook.com/shui-zhu-yu-boiled-fish/

sichuanboiledfish3.thumb.jpg.9f2a56456d0292132127c2d0c068afba.jpg

I hope I've inspired someone to try this dish.  We're having the apple dijon chicken from last week tonight.  And birthday cake.

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 25
  • Thanks 12

Good morning, all! Well, yesterday on our walk DH found a wallet on the sidewalk. We looked up the name on the ID and phoned and drove out to the man’s house to return it. He was an elderly gentleman who was quite frantic about loosing the wallet and VERY relieved to have it returned. Two young women were parked in front of his house doing nothing, and drove off when we got in our car and left. I think a niece or granddaughter or someone was just unobtrusively making sure that whoever showed up was legit and not up to any funny business. I think that’s sweet. It’s nice when someone frail has somebody looking out for them. So we didn’t give a dollar, but we returned quite a few of them.

We also got our new COVID and flu shots. The nurse was very good, and I could hardly feel it at all. The arm’s a bit sore now, but that’s all.

I made chicken tacquitas in the new air fryer last night, using rice paper instead of tortillas. They were amazing. I guess DH picked the right appliance after all!

Happy Friday, everyone, and cheers to our favorite BHBs, wherever they may be! (And many thanks to Rich for keeping track of that for us!)

• Like 34
  • Thanks 1

Happy Friday! Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Had an early client this morning. 

Very cold this morning. Sun is out though, and it should warm up. 

I will be traveling later today for a weekend conference. Only two hours away but the hotel is nice. 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

Image result for friday cat memes

• Like 30

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  Hurray for Dominicans as they celebrate their independence.  Yesterday DH gave $3 to a woman who needed it for the bus - I thought he gave her too much for bus fare, until I checked online and cost in the city is now $3 for adults.  I'm pretty sure the last time I rode a bus it was around 75 cents.  During his university years, DH and his friends drank stout and coke . . . ick!

Another cool morning out there for us, but no snow.  Currently we're looking at -4C (24F) and it's only going to +2(35), so we won't break out the shorts and tank tops just yet.  In fact, yesterday we went out for a quick shopping trip and DH decided it was time for a new jacket.  He's now looking quite stylish in the newest fashion rage - a plaid "shacket" (a cross between a shirt and jacket) that's got extra warm insulation in it.  I'm sticking with my leather jacket for now and when it gets colder, will switch to my downfilled puffy coat.  It makes me look like the Michelin Tire man, but here on the "frozen tundra", there are no fashion police.

Along with others, I was delighted to learn that baby Murphy has been moved to a less urgent care area of the hospital.  Continued prayers for her progress.

@superoma I'm glad your cataract surgery went so well - DH has had both of his done and was surprised at how easy it was.

@summer slope I like the drink of the day, but you lost me at "serves 6".  LOL

Not much happening today, DH has his 3 month "chronic" check up late this afternoon, but before that we may head out and get some groceries.  I'm going to take a hard pass on the menu suggestion - the idea of boiled fish doesn't appeal to me, and I know DH would be fearful of the heat in the dish as well.  I'm sure I'd like the wine, and of course it's Friday, so after DH's medical this afternoon we'll stop on the way home for pizza to enjoy at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, especially those in the midst of wars, and those who are suffering and in grief.  Cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 32

Good Friday morning to everyone!  Thanks for the Daily Reports Rich.   Great day for the Dominican Republic today with their independence.   A pretty country to visit and we will be doing a tour there in 2024 thanks to HIA.    I rarely drink a Guinness Stout.   I am sure I will be giving Santa Anita more than $1 today.   A good quote from MacArthur.   Thanks everyone for the photos of Liverpool.  I will pass on today's spicy meal, today's peachy punch and today's Pinot Noir.  Thanks @dfish @summer slope and @cat shepard for finding these for us each day!

@superoma so happy to read your cataract surgery went well.   Thanks for the cares and celebrations reports Vanessa.    @Cruzin Terri I hope that you have good news at the Urgent Care today.   Prayers for baby Murphy to continue to improve.   Prayers for everyone on our list and for those not on it but needing them.  Prayers for all in war zones through no fault of their own, Israel, Ukraine and the civilians in Gaza.  

I had a trip to my dentist because I brushed loose my month old filling.  It is the law of unintended consequences.   I had an impacted wisdom tooth that was partially through.   My dentist kept recommending to get it pulled as he was afraid it would damage the back of my molar and also push my crown off. I went ahead and did it.  After about two years of everything fine the damage on the back of my molar started to decay so they filled it but since it is below a crown almost below the gumline it kept falling out.  I thought they could pull the crown fill the tooth and put on a new crown.  The hole is so close to the bone the only real option is to pull the molar.   Fine with me but the oral surgeon I have used in the past is booking into April.   Here I sit with an open hole in my tooth.    I have to call in daily at 8:30 and 2:30 to see if there are any cancellations.   I will give it a few days and probably call they big business dentist nearby and have them remove it.   

We are going to vacuum the back gutters today.  They are full of shingle sand and aren't flowing well.   Then it will be two days of non-stop horse racing.    Have a wonderful Friday!  Nancy

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from a slightly warmer central Texas where it is 47F and feels like 47F.  The humidity is 87% with a dew point of 43F.  The sun will warm us up to a nice 71F.  I have a haircut this morning, and then we plan to vote.  There are 14 amendments to the state constitution on the ballot.

I'll salute Dominica on her independence day.  Give someone a dollar day is good, and someone else can have my stout.

The quote by Douglas MacArthur is good.

We'll pass on the meal and the drink, but the wine would be worth a try.

We were in Liverpool once on Prinsendam, and I'll get my pictures in a few minutes.

A good day in history for those in the area of the Plymouth Colony.  The adoption of SOS in 1906 was a milestone, but it took several more years for all to switch to the new distress signal.

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, I hope the x-ray shows no broken bones or other serious injury to Jim's knee.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, I think we have all had packages take the scenic route to our houses.

@superoma  Eva, I'm glad the surgery was easy, and that you only need the drops for a week.

@dfish  Debbie, I know River will enjoy her small birthday celebration tonight.

@ottahand7  Nancy, I hope you can get the tooth taken care of soon.

349330646_6852994134714004_6359728800878116578_n.jpg.34c3c657956841590ce1b87ab6bfae9b.jpg

356648153_619311733630510_1193556598192677556_n.thumb.jpg.abbe475f5be77e67fdf3f5caac192505.jpg

361338218_676596091161067_123437377273084377_n.jpg.8be00b11cb4fe03ad6a5f19908c78596.jpg

361599137_259887776816695_7030189825461976884_n.thumb.jpg.d12dc9bdcd2f367ecc2d74c422e3ed65.jpg

361664177_269772105675789_4078514054247731674_n.thumb.jpg.adb6cc1230b1cf31566701e1c408c21e.jpg

361938458_1009636070297676_3037048502468143431_n.jpg.fcbe8e8d2d19d5b3951165d58c055163.jpg

Lenda

• Like 16
  • Haha 19

We were in Liverpool on August 11, 2017, on the Prinsendam. 

We were not as lucky as some with our weather that day.  The first thing we did was The Beatles Ho-Ho tour in a light rain.  There were just a few of us brave enough that morning, so everyone could all sit under the covered portion of the upper deck.  This was our guide, who also sang Beatles songs between stops and sights related to The Beatles.  Fortunately for us, he was quite good.

DSC09015.thumb.JPG.66856313cdefd979199d50b3a904b9c3.JPG

After the tour, we visited The Beatles Museum, then walked around the port area.  In the afternoon under heavy overcast skies, but with no rain, we took the regular Ho-Ho to see more of the city.

The Mersey Fetty terminal

DSC09038.thumb.JPG.1be44cb74ed5dca59bd9dd1523a082a2.JPG

This building has been shown earlier today, but I'm adding it for prospective with the picture below it.

DSC09067.thumb.JPG.e45f09e3cda158a3d35597d481d413ef.JPG

I managed to get a close up of the statue on top.  Notice the guy wires and the ladder going up to the top of the statue.

DSC09039.thumb.JPG.a28e0d1709e7a0aef2eaf751c236e086.JPG

These are pictures from the Ho-Ho as we drove through Liverpool

DSC09046.thumb.JPG.fc82216b59a31d85b2e424376452b99f.JPG

DSC09047.thumb.JPG.762d6e6f58127f2db206e8015edad99a.JPG

DSC09058.thumb.JPG.1d3e1dee4d44ca262871803399f1ab82.JPG

The train station

DSC09053.thumb.JPG.5b3ba6e9555525a0fec57c2b27eca653.JPG

An interesting church

DSC09056.thumb.JPG.7eea4f3cadd0ae106dd72c490c847294.JPG

Lenda

• Like 27
  • Thanks 3

Good morning Dailyites 

Slept like a log last night and feeling great this 45 degree morning.

We had girls game night and the food is getting over the top. We had fresh boiled shrimp, creamy sliced vegan potatoes, food truck chicken tacos, 2 margarita pizzas and 3 desserts. And Cosmo's. And wine. 

Since we will be leaving on Thanksgiving day til Jan 14th, our friends thought we should have Thanksgiving and Christmas before we go. So next Tuesday is Thanksgiving here and Christmas is at our friends in Pflugerville on 11-21.

Everyone loves to cook and the menu's are oh my goodness.. These next few weeks are busy. Eye check ups, dental cleaning, packing for luggage pick up, urologist, and our parties. We also have our little neighbor dog this week while our friends cruise out of Galveston. 

Vanessa thank you for the Care, Prayer, and Celebration lists. It's so much appreciated. Prayers and blessings to all of our friends here. 

Have a great weekend! Know you are loved! Give a dollar!

image.png.7f92d1dd3cda6a9956dbd369c6438508.png

image.png.5a2b241b8e7288794d6d9b31603c77ab.png

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

57 minutes ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Good morning, all! Well, yesterday on our walk DH found a wallet on the sidewalk. We looked up the name on the ID and phoned and drove out to the man’s house to return it. He was an elderly gentleman who was quite frantic about loosing the wallet and VERY relieved to have it returned.

How very kind of your DH ❤️. A real Good Samaritan 👍 

57 minutes ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

We also got our new COVID and flu shots. The nurse was very good, and I could hardly feel it at all. The arm’s a bit sore now, but that’s all.

Good for you for getting those done 👍. Glad to here you are not suffering any severe reactions 👍 

44 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Yesterday DH gave $3 to a woman who needed it for the bus - I thought he gave her too much for bus fare, until I checked online and cost in the city is now $3 for adults. 

Another Good Samaritan 👍. How kind of your DH 👍 

44 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Not much happening today, DH has his 3 month "chronic" check up late this afternoon, but before that we may head out and get some groceries. 

Best wishes for your DH’s check up.

35 minutes ago, ottahand7 said:

I had a trip to my dentist because I brushed loose my month old filling.  It is the law of unintended consequences.   I had an impacted wisdom tooth that was partially through.   My dentist kept recommending to get it pulled as he was afraid it would damage the back of my molar and also push my crown off. I went ahead and did it.  After about two years of everything fine the damage on the back of my molar started to decay so they filled it but since it is below a crown almost below the gumline it kept falling out.  I thought they could pull the crown fill the tooth and put on a new crown.  The hole is so close to the bone the only real option is to pull the molar.   Fine with me but the oral surgeon I have used in the past is booking into April.   Here I sit with an open hole in my tooth.    I have to call in daily at 8:30 and 2:30 to see if there are any cancellations.   I will give it a few days and probably call they big business dentist nearby and have them remove it.   

Oh dear 😞. I hope you can get an appointment quickly to get it fixed 🤞 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

Good morning all!

A big cheer for Dominican Independence Day and give a dollar (or more), and I guess I'm in the minority because I love a good stout (especially Guinness).  In fact I think other beers are gross and taste bad. 😅  I think it's probably the hint of chocolate in my Guinness 😉  

I'll pass on the drink, wine and meal but we were in Liverpool overnight on a Celebrity cruise.  Photos below.  I was a huge Beatles fan and still have the Beatles scrapbook I had in my teens.  

Today is finally fairly dry, so I'm going to get out to do some shopping and then maybe some garden cleanup.  I know after our cold snap last week there's a lot to do.  

We were in Liverpool on Celebrity Infinity, and it was an overnight for us.  I was thrilled, since I was a big Beatles fan (saw them in concert in CA when I was 14) and much later saw Ringo and his All Star Band here at Ste. Michelle Winery.

Trying to remember, but I think the first day we took a ship tour to see Chester Cathedral, since I have a few photos of it from that day.  Then the second day we set off on our own and went to The Beatles Experience and to the homes of John and Paul.  No photos were allowed inside, unfortunately, because the interiors were what made it fun. 

Our ship in Liverpool

1159102855_EurodaminLiverpool.jpg.3b572dad3fa5cb3c92b4eb342e885ca2.jpg

Chester Cathedral

428537319_ChesterCathedral.thumb.jpg.5a51b89caf5860539dbdd39af959470e.jpg 

Interior shot inside the Cathedral

Interior.thumb.jpg.00c207fa498d67fe95ad58a25c8901d4.jpg

The Beatles Story entrance

1987614753_TheBeatlesStory.jpg.2b41c94b548d675ea215998f2a78d6be.jpg

Tour dates -- I saw them on August 31, 1965 at the Cow Palace, San Francisco.  

1047493835_Tourdates.thumb.jpg.f12410ff70a7835ddb05012612905c0a.jpg

Exterior of Paul's childhood home202867984_Paulshome.jpg.1a67ad474bf9354ccd4a61c4ae01d17d.jpg

Exterior of John's childhood home

1905791647_Johnshome.jpg.b00637deea82a3f2476b4d885d771034.jpg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2