The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday April 24th, 2024

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Roy, we joined you on the Prinsendam that day, April 24, 2019 in Rome.  Your dinner looks very tempting.

I was on Nieuw Statendam Fort Lauderdale to Amsterdam and never got close to Rome.  I unknowingly sailed with @USN59-79 on the Amsterdam but don't think I have sailed with any dailyites that I did not know about at the time.

Was that Prinsendam's final voyate?  Or perhaps you got on as I got off in Fort Lauderdale after her Grand South America.

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
  • Like 17

52 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Another interesting collection of days & quote. Pass on the meal (seafood), yes to the drink & wine (may need to go in halfsies w/someone at that price), not been to the port.

Thanks @aliaschief and @StLouisCruisers for the wonderful pictures.

@Seasick Sailor good news the Dupixient arrived but yikes to that price.

Hugs @ger_77 to you, DH and Ollie.

@JazzyV so happy to hear you had another night of pain-free 💤 😴. You can remove both my upcoming Westerdam cruises (April 27 & May 12) from the list as we will not be going due to my growing list of issues (eyes, shoulder, knee, neck). So, I will not be going on my first TP, nor seeing Japan for the first time & will miss our annual AK in May cruise. 😪 Fingers crossed we will make Sept.🤞

Today is a trip to the credit union to pick up a new ATM card - fraud dept called last night asking about some suspucious transactions - then updating auto-pays w/the new number. Laundry may be on the agenda, we'll see.

Temp was 66° when I checked a few hours ago, headed to 81° with rain still coming tomorrow evening & forecast to last all weekend; the backyard lake shall stay. If we had realized how large the depressed spot was, we would have had a French drain installed when the house was built; it will be quite an ordeal if/when we do it now.

Prayers 🙏 and positive thoughts for all. 

20240424_070827.thumb.jpg.b21fcf5935bbcae239a4e3658a30e1da.jpg

I'm sorry to hear you have had to cancel your forthcoming cruises due to health issues.

Best wishes.

Graham.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. Durango is sunny this morning and high will get into the 60's before the cooler weather to our west arrives tomorrow. Nights are still pretty brisk and it looks like we may get a couple of frosts from the incoming cold front. And maybe some rain. I think the best we can say right now is "uncertain".

Dogs and I had a nice walk early this morning. They have gotten better about not waking me up at 5 or so. They need to learn to sleep in again. I do not like early morning walks in the dark.

Am slowly getting things straightened around here and thinking wistfully of another cruise - but nothing in the immediate future right now. Interesting to see how life on the Volendam has changed from the Grand Australia. Still looks wonderful.

Off to the thrift store with another load of clothes. Also am putting up flyers for another rattlesnake avoidance clinic. It is that time of year. The last one we held last year had over 100 dogs. I notice our local lizards are out and basking in the sun. We have fewer deer in the yard these days - I suspect all the road work around us is upsetting their routine. It certainly is upsetting mine.

Take care all.

Susan

• Like 25

11 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I was on Nieuw Statendam Fort Lauderdale to Amsterdam and never got close to Rome.  I unknowingly sailed with @USN59-79 on the Amsterdam but don't think I have sailed with any dailyites that I did not know about at the time.

Was that Prinsendam's final voyate?  Or perhaps you got on as I got off in Fort Lauderdale after her Grand South America.

Roy

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't even read the Nieuw Statendam part I was so interested in the food!  I knew you were on Prinsendam that spring and assumed.  No, it wasn't the final voyage.  We got off after 26 days on May 20, 2019 in Amsterdam.  We couldn't book the final voyage due to previously made plans with our children and grandchildren the last week of June to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary on a Princess cruise.  The Prinsendam was turned over to Phoenix Reisen on July 1, 2019, a very sad day.  😢

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

I would like to take a moment (or multiple moments) to pontificate about Sauvignon Blanc (SB)

@grapau27 has already posted that SB is planted in the Bordeaux region of France.  The dessert wines of Barsac and Sauternes are of world class quality and are treasured by wine afficionados.  I will add that dry wines of the Entre-Deux-Mers region are also very good and easy to enjoy.  By that I mean they are easy to drink, and, at least for the ones that make it to the U.S., are easy on the wallet.  The other thing I might add is that for most of these Bordeaux wines Sauvignon Blanc is blended with Semillon--another grape variety that does not get the respect that it deserves.

Loire Valley is the other French region that produces highly regarded Sauvignon Blanc wines, particularly, from two regions that are across the Loire River from each other--Sancerre and Pouilly-Fume.  Both regions produce wines made from 100% Sauvignon Blanc grapes.  Sancerre wines are fuller, and have more citrus flavors.  Pouilly-Fumes tend to have more stone fruit flavors and are often described as flinty or smoky.  Robert Mondavi coined the term "Fume Blanc" for a California Sauvignon Blanc wine that emulates the Pouilly-Fume style.

In the 1990s and early 2000s New Zealand emerged as a major producer of SB wines.  I drank a lot of it--mostly, because. not only did I like it, it was very affordable.  Over the years, it seemed to me that NZ SBs seemed to have more and more grapefruit flavors.  (Other tasters called out a much less pleasant sounding descriptor that I won't mention, here.  Once I heard it, though, I saw their point.)  California winemakers--often not very imaginative--noting the success of the the NZ example started making SBs that seemed to have more and more grapefruit.  I have not had any NZ SBs in many years.  Can anybody tell me if they still have serious grapefruit flavors.

Happily, California SB makers have moved away from heavy grapefruit influence.  It is produced by many makers and is widely distributed.  Mondavi continues to offer Fume Blanc (along with a "Sauvignon Blanc" bottling) as do some other makers (Dry Creek Valley winery comes to mind).  One of my favorite California winemakers is Bedrock Wine Co.  

IMG_2932.jpg.9838efd24b25c694d3f3ede1a6f0b679.jpg

Bedrock is highly regarded for it's red wines--in particular, Zinfandel--but I think their white wines are also outstanding. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 13

I finished my Nature Appreciation requirement on Monday by visiting a forest preserve and a nature center that are near each other.

Houghton Land Preserve

Houghton1.thumb.JPG.68b25a4f1d99b39c313efe717aabcc49.JPGHoughton3.thumb.JPG.de474f2c5779d8f1b2a3b36c95b89b75.JPG

Spencer Crest Nature Center

SpencerCrest1.thumb.JPG.53bc177b995255ff8ed54d8055914d1f.JPG

SpencerCrest2.thumb.JPG.418675bf2c6b9213977fc3296976e67f.JPG

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

After comments from @Cruising-along about her favorite Sauvignon Blanc regions and an informative post by @XBGuy, I thought I’d chime in too.  I was amazed by the Sauvignon Blanca I drank in Chile.  Excellent and inexpensive.  We drank 2 bottles of this during my birthday lunch ($8 a bottle at the restaurant, same price at Total Wine here)IMG_9985.thumb.jpeg.405b8bfc66b9bab89ed2ef203d925685.jpeg

On the way to the airport we stopped at a wonderful vineyard in the Casablanca Valley for a wine tastingIMG_0079.thumb.jpeg.683da6e0124a6c274e69cdedcc4f8720.jpeg

This was my favorite ($12 at Total Wine). IMG_0082.thumb.jpeg.1b994ed2871e505adb8bca51b40c8897.jpegI have a difficult time describing why I like a wine but there was very little citrus, I would describe it as grassy.

On another note, many have stated they prefer fresh salmon.  The advantage of salmon cakes is they are delicious made with a CAN of wild Alaskan salmon.  I always have canned salmon in my pantry for a quick and nutritious meal.

Positive thoughts for all who need them.  Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, 0106 said:

After comments from @Cruising-along about her favorite Sauvignon Blanc regions and an informative post by @XBGuy, I thought I’d chime in too.  I was amazed by the Sauvignon Blanca I drank in Chile.

29 minutes ago, 0106 said:

have a difficult time describing why I like a wine but there was very little citrus, I would describe it as grassy.

Tina I also have a hard time describing why I like a wine.  I do know that I've found the CA and French SBs never have the "zip" that I like in the NZ and Chile SBs. They seem very bland in comparison.    Whether or not that "zip" is grapefruit, I don't know (I'm not fond of grapefruit, so it would surprise me if it is).  What it boils down to is we all like what we like, and I'm not swayed by ratings.  It's also not popular to like any oak flavor in the wine, and I like it (but just a touch). 🤷‍♀️

• Like 18

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

I suspect that I have unknowingly sailed with quite a few of the Dailyites on HAL and Princess.  Our last Amsterdam sailing was in 2017, the first 56 days of the WC.  We did the second half in 2014, plus a Grand Asia in 2010 and 2011.  Our last four HAL cruises were on the Westerdam, 2 in 2019, one in 2020 (stranded in Cambodia) and 42 days in 2023.  We typically take longer cruises, the longest was 89 days on the Ocean Princess around Africa in 2015.

Ray

• Like 16

Good afternoon and Happy Wednesday. Great collection of days today. I’ll happily celebrate SB wine. Thanks to all the explanations too, very informative. I prefer NZ SB also but California and French are second. Chile would be my least favorite. 

Nebbiolo is really good, especially if you are in Italy. 

I like mimosas and prefer the amount of sparkling wine to be more than the amount of OJ. I bought some small bottles of LaMarca at Target on sale so have that on hand. 

I hate to say it but I’ve gotten tired of salmon. Craig eats so much of it so I just make a few pieces for him to enjoy when he wants. My DM made salmon cakes a lot when I was young. 

Speaking of DM…..  she’s not any better. I took her to her doctor on Monday and he started her on antibiotics and ordered a second chest X-ray which ended up being clear. She has a follow up appointment tomorrow. I’m not sure what else can be done. She is very weak. 

Joy @Seasick Sailor, I’m so glad that the Dupixent had arrived. I don’t pay anything for mine, it’s one of those programs that help with the outrageous cost of prescriptions. I recommend alternating the area of injection to reduce injection site reactions. 

Vanessa @JazzyV, I’m so happy to read that your surgery went well and you are sleeping good. I hope you can manage the stairs tonight for bed. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

I realized that I forgot to wish @marshhawk & @cunnorl Happy Birthday yesterday. I hope your special day was great!

18 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

@Sharon in AZ hugs and prayers for you and your DM.

Thank you Elizabeth. And I’m sorry about your cruise. I hope you are better so you can take your next one. 

12 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@Sharon in AZ Our dr showed us where the sites were for the shots. She said the best places are stomach and thigh and we do alternate. Thanks!!

Yes that’s right. I only use my thighs because it’s hard to see the yellow sliding down so I can count to 5. I hope Allen does well on it!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

Good afternoon from a still humid central Texas.  It is cloudy, humid and 80F with a slight breeze which is slow enough to spray the weed killer.  However, after a long day cleaning house, I'm not sure if I have the energy to lug a heavy sprayer around the yard, much less mix the weed killer and water.  I guess we'll live the with weeds a bit longer.  At least, they are green.

6 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Daily-ites from a warm morning of 69 heading to 83.

@LambKnuckles we live in Georgetown. I hope you enjoyed the beautiful park outing yesterday. 

Hoping all goes well for our friends here post surgeries. Prayers lifted for each of you. I have added 2 more people to my prayer book, one in ICU with heart failure and another with a 2nd stroke. 

News flash! Allen's Dupixent arrived. Very thankful for our insurance as 2 shots are $4,910. It's administered every 2 weeks. 

Pedicures today with lunch after. I don't think salmon cakes are in our future..

@Nickelpenny love the top 12 states!

Have a blessed day.

Joy, I was sorry to read about your friends, on in ICU with heart failure and the other with a second stroke.  Sending positive thoughts for both for better days.  Yeah on Allen finally getting his Dupixent, and I hope it works as expected.  Too many drugs have outrageous prices.

6 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I'll pass on Sauvignon Blanc day, as I mainly drink red wine. I'll celebrate St. Mark's Eve. I hope animals in labs are treated humanely. Interesting quote. I'll pass on the meal (fish), yes to the drink and pass on the wine only due to cost. I haven't been to Leknes. 

It's 54F and partly cloudy. I stayed downstairs again last night, in the recliner. I slept about 6 hours, which isn't far off my usual amount before the leg issue. Still no pain and no tingling, yay! My back is stiff and sore when I move. I put my compression stockings on this AM, which was a chore. So far I'm mainly using Tylenol and the muscle relaxant. I think I'll try going upstairs tonight. BFF and I laugh, as I change his MOHS dressings and clean the wounds, and today we'll remove my dressing.

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for starting us up today. Nice photos from Leknes.

@grapau27 I appreciate the explanations.

@aliaschief Wonderful photos. Thanks for sharing. 

@RMLincoln Prayers for DH's eye check today. Your plans for today sound wonderful. Safe travels tomorrow. 

@puppycanducruise Ugh, snow!

@marshhawk I hope DH tolerates his treatment well. I heard that endless shrimp practically bankrupted Red Lobster. I don't know how you keep track of your work and who you're working for. 

@LambKnuckles Great scenery. And congrats on the quail babies.

@Cruzin Terri I'm sure it's disappointing not to be going on your trip. It's good to hear you are getting most of your money back. I hope you can maybe do some closer trip in the near future.

@ger_77 Continued prayers for a positive decision on Maurice's TAVR. 

@Seasick Sailor Prayers for your friend in ICU from heart failyre and the one with a 2nd stroke. I'm glad Allen's Dupixent arrived. The cost for some of these meds is ridiculous.

@smitty34877 Prayers for Tana, you and the family.

@lindaler I hope all is ok with you.

@mamaofami I hope you and Sam are doing well.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those Celebrating.

Vanessa, that is excellent news you are pain and tingling free, and that you are sleeping well.  Please be careful with you back until the stiffness and soreness are gone.  I'm glad the muscle relaxant and Tylenol all you need.  I'm glad you have BFF to take care of you, and that he has your to care for him.

5 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Roy, we joined you on the Prinsendam that day, April 24, 2019 in Rome.  Your dinner looks very tempting.

Joy @Seasick Sailor great news that Allen's meds arrived, but have to agree about that ridiculous pricing.  Prayers for your friends in need.🙏

Remember back in January when we saw the filming being done on our street, with the SWAT vehicle and all?  Last night my twin texted me there was a program on ID channel about it.  I turned it on and it was all about the incident in 2020 up the block from us.  Very interesting to see actual footage from that time period mixed in with interviews and video taken in January.  Never thought I'd get to see any of it.  Sis must be watching a lot of TV.  She says she's doing alright but seems to have more pain in the afternoons than at night which sounds like the better alternative.  At least she's sleeping.

Which reminds me Vanessa @JazzyV it's so good to hear you are catching up a little on your sleep and NO PAIN!  It's good that you and BFF have each other to help out during your surgeries!

Sandi, I'm glad Linda is able to sleep at night, and I hope she is not getting behind in controlling her pain.

7 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I'll let the white wine lovers enjoy the Sauvignon Blanc today, am intrigued by the folklore that surrounds St. Mark's Eve, and wish for safety and comfort for all animals in laboratories.  I like the quote, except for the "enormous demands on me" part.  LOL

Another sunny day in the works for us; currently it's +4(39F), but the forecast is for a high later this afternoon of 21(69) - woo hoo!  Yesterday I got brave (seriously brave) and packed up 3 winter jackets that I dropped off at the Salvation Army store - never fear, I still have at least 3 more of varying weights to carry me through the next winter.  

@JazzyVI hope you had a restful second night after your surgery, and that the extra sleep continues so you can start feeling like your old self again.

@RMLincolnsaying prayers for Richard's eye check up this morning; I hope you have a great visit with your friends after.

I didn't really have anything on the agenda today, but last night Ollie called to see if I could bring her downtown so she could drop off some forms at city hall for Gord's police pension.  And after that we're going to stop by the funeral home to pick up his ashes.  I felt honoured that she asked me to go with her to do both.

I'd like the drink of the day (have made and consumed many over the years, although we always referred to it as "Adult Orange Juice"), would like the wine, but it's pricey, and do love salmon cakes.  The next time I thaw some salmon fillets, I might make them into cakes, but for tonight I've got a couple of pork chops thawing that will be egg-washed and panko crumb coated before being air fried and served along with mini baked potatoes and a crunchy salad at the kitchen table.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in pain, in grief, and in general turmoil.  Cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Gerry, I'm glad Ollie has you as a friend and someone to lean on during this difficult time.

4 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

Roy, we have been on a cruise together, but we did not meet then.  IIRC, it was the TA on Prinsendam in November 2017.

4 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Another interesting collection of days & quote. Pass on the meal (seafood), yes to the drink & wine (may need to go in halfsies w/someone at that price), not been to the port.

Thanks @aliaschief and @StLouisCruisers for the wonderful pictures.

@Seasick Sailor good news the Dupixient arrived but yikes to that price.

Hugs @ger_77 to you, DH and Ollie.

@JazzyV so happy to hear you had another night of pain-free 💤 😴. You can remove both my upcoming Westerdam cruises (April 27 & May 12) from the list as we will not be going due to my growing list of issues (eyes, shoulder, knee, neck). So, I will not be going on my first TP, nor seeing Japan for the first time & will miss our annual AK in May cruise. 😪 Fingers crossed we will make Sept.🤞

Today is a trip to the credit union to pick up a new ATM card - fraud dept called last night asking about some suspucious transactions - then updating auto-pays w/the new number. Laundry may be on the agenda, we'll see.

Temp was 66° when I checked a few hours ago, headed to 81° with rain still coming tomorrow evening & forecast to last all weekend; the backyard lake shall stay. If we had realized how large the depressed spot was, we would have had a French drain installed when the house was built; it will be quite an ordeal if/when we do it now.

Prayers 🙏 and positive thoughts for all. 

20240424_070827.thumb.jpg.b21fcf5935bbcae239a4e3658a30e1da.jpg

Elizabeth, I'm sorry you had to cancel your two Westerdam cruises for health reasons.  It's never an easy decision, but taking care of your health comes first.  Once all that is behind you, you will probably enjoy future cruises much more.  Just a thought, can you fill in the depression (aka lake) in your yard with dirt?

1 hour ago, USN59-79 said:

I suspect that I have unknowingly sailed with quite a few of the Dailyites on HAL and Princess.  Our last Amsterdam sailing was in 2017, the first 56 days of the WC.  We did the second half in 2014, plus a Grand Asia in 2010 and 2011.  Our last four HAL cruises were on the Westerdam, 2 in 2019, one in 2020 (stranded in Cambodia) and 42 days in 2023.  We typically take longer cruises, the longest was 89 days on the Ocean Princess around Africa in 2015.

Ray

Ray, we were on a cruise together in 2018, but I don't think we met then.  It was the Circle the Northern Pacific on Coral Princess not a BHB.

32 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good afternoon and Happy Wednesday. Great collection of days today. I’ll happily celebrate SB wine. Thanks to all the explanations too, very informative. I prefer NZ SB also but California and French are second. Chile would be my least favorite. 

Nebbiolo is really good, especially if you are in Italy. 

I like mimosas and prefer the amount of sparkling wine to be more than the amount of OJ. I bought some small bottles of LaMarca at Target on sale so have that on hand. 

I hate to say it but I’ve gotten tired of salmon. Craig eats so much of it so I just make a few pieces for him to enjoy when he wants. My DM made salmon cakes a lot when I was young. 

Speaking of DM…..  she’s not any better. I took her to her doctor on Monday and he started her on antibiotics and ordered a second chest X-ray which ended up being clear. She has a follow up appointment tomorrow. I’m not sure what else can be done. She is very weak. 

Joy @Seasick Sailor, I’m so glad that the Dupixent had arrived. I don’t pay anything for mine, it’s one of those programs that help with the outrageous cost of prescriptions. I recommend alternating the area of injection to reduce injection site reactions. 

Vanessa @JazzyV, I’m so happy to read that your surgery went well and you are sleeping good. I hope you can manage the stairs tonight for bed. 

Have a great day everyone!

Sharon, I'm sorry your DM is not doing better and is weak.  I hope the antibiotics help her, and she recovers quickly.  The good news is her chest x-ray was clear.  I hope you get some good news tomorrow in the follow-up visit.

Lenda

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

Lenda, that was a very interesting cruise on the Coral Princess.  We stopped in Korea and the Executive Officer of the USS Pueblo, Ed Murphy was aboard to host a tour of the border area between North and South Korea.  That was the first time he had been back to Korea since released from confinement by the North Koreans.  Another great thing was that it was a 60 day  Asia cruise without flying across the Pacific; Los Angeles to Los Angeles.

Ray

• Like 13

I have had a horrible day.  Last Thursday I made a call to the Doctor to ask for some help since DH was having anxiety issues about going on the trip.  i also sent a message through the portal.  There was no response.  I again made another call and no response.

Then last evening at 5:40 there was a call from the pharmacy to pick up some meds.  I didn’t know if it was for DH or me.  Well it was anti-anxiety meds for him.  No phone call, nada.  Too little too late.  

I am livid.  If the response had been timely, we might be on our way to Rome.  Instead i am just so angry at the way things turned out and not let DH feel he is to blame.

I have cancelled everything and maybe I jumped the gun by doing it so quickly.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Terri

• Like 6
  • Thanks 16

Good afternoon, 

As @Cruising-along mentioned our nice weather has turned to grey clouds and rain and that's all we have in the forecast for the next several days. Oh well. 

Yesterday was a lovely day. I went to the Widows Support Group lunch at a very nice restaurant in Anacortes. I had one of the nicest caesar salads I've ever had. We had a room set aside for our group with a lovely view of the water. 

Today was the pool this morning and two water aerobics classes. Now it's trying to get a few things done around the house such as organizing my desk and cleaning up the kitchen. I did talk to my 97 1/2 year old Mom and she's doing well so that's good. 

I'd enjoy the salmon, maybe on the wine, and yes to the mimosa. 

Karen

• Like 16

Well, today certainly has not gone as planned; what few things there were. Car would not start when I was going to pick up new ATM card. Instead I got this message - anti - theft system engaged so the car will not start.

20240424_110558.thumb.jpg.81a40c0c8ba0f4a92743fb6307f64c0e.jpg

Once DH got home, he said to go the other way to the credit union as there had been a shooter at the high school by our house and traffic was messed up.

I haven't gotten to research the shooting yet, but police from 3 cities are there and the helicopter is hovering. I hope everyone is safe.

Positive note - the sky is a beautiful blue. 

20240424_175717.jpg.26e970837074254cae30da41779773ef.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, USN59-79 said:

Lenda, that was a very interesting cruise on the Coral Princess.  We stopped in Korea and the Executive Officer of the USS Pueblo, Ed Murphy was aboard to host a tour of the border area between North and South Korea.  That was the first time he had been back to Korea since released from confinement by the North Koreans.  Another great thing was that it was a 60 day  Asia cruise without flying across the Pacific; Los Angeles to Los Angeles.

Ray

Yes, that was a wonderful cruise.  We missed out on Ed Murphy's tour, did a good ship's tour to the DMZ.  Never thought we’d get there ot Vietnam including Hanoi.  We enjoyed Ed's talk about his experiences.

54 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

I have had a horrible day.  Last Thursday I made a call to the Doctor to ask for some help since DH was having anxiety issues about going on the trip.  i also sent a message through the portal.  There was no response.  I again made another call and no response.

Then last evening at 5:40 there was a call from the pharmacy to pick up some meds.  I didn’t know if it was for DH or me.  Well it was anti-anxiety meds for him.  No phone call, nada.  Too little too late.  

I am livid.  If the response had been timely, we might be on our way to Rome.  Instead i am just so angry at the way things turned out and not let DH feel he is to blame.

I have cancelled everything and maybe I jumped the gun by doing it so quickly.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Terri

Terri, you did what was best for you at the time with the information you had at the time.  I know you said that Jim liked his doctor, but maybe it's time for a new doctor.  

10 minutes ago, luvteaching said:

Good afternoon, 

As @Cruising-along mentioned our nice weather has turned to grey clouds and rain and that's all we have in the forecast for the next several days. Oh well. 

Yesterday was a lovely day. I went to the Widows Support Group lunch at a very nice restaurant in Anacortes. I had one of the nicest caesar salads I've ever had. We had a room set aside for our group with a lovely view of the water. 

Today was the pool this morning and two water aerobics classes. Now it's trying to get a few things done around the house such as organizing my desk and cleaning up the kitchen. I did talk to my 97 1/2 year old Mom and she's doing well so that's good. 

I'd enjoy the salmon, maybe on the wine, and yes to the mimosa. 

Karen

I'm glad your DM is doing well.

Lenda

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Roy, we have been on a cruise together, but we did not meet then.  IIRC, it was the TA on Prinsendam in November 2017.

Sounds right to me.  My only cruise with the Captain who cannot be named.

Roy

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Sounds right to me.  My only cruise with the Captain who cannot be named.

Roy

Yes, he was on for part of our 106 days on board.  Cess Teslar was Hotel Director.  He retired before the Grand South American cruise in January 2018.

54 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Well, today certainly has not gone as planned; what few things there were. Car would not start when I was going to pick up new ATM card. Instead I got this message - anti - theft system engaged so the car will not start.

20240424_110558.thumb.jpg.81a40c0c8ba0f4a92743fb6307f64c0e.jpg

Once DH got home, he said to go the other way to the credit union as there had been a shooter at the high school by our house and traffic was messed up.

I haven't gotten to research the shooting yet, but police from 3 cities are there and the helicopter is hovering. I hope everyone is safe.

Positive note - the sky is a beautiful blue. 

20240424_175717.jpg.26e970837074254cae30da41779773ef.jpg

Elizabeth, I'll have to check the shooting out.  Been too busy today.

Lenda

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1