The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday September 6th, 2024

It's finally Friday, sure felt like a long week for some odd reason.  I'll be leaving for the hospital to do the ultrasound test around 2:00 which will be right about the hottest time of the day.  But today is probably going to be the last 90+ day of the season, however yesterday at 94 wasn't all that bad, and as soon as the sun set it felt chilly.

For those who missed the update yesterday, DM got ahold of an exterminator about the bee hive and he's going to be over next week, in the meantime they need to stay away from it, which won't be difficult because that side of the house gets little activity, probably the reason the bees chose it in the first place.  Because it's in the siding of the house, it's most likely wasps, hornets, or carpenter bees, which are a little less aggressive than the former.  He doesn't think they are honey bees.  

@JazzyV @ottahand7 @Haljo1935 @Quartzsite Cruiser @ger_77 thank you for the care shoutout today

@StLouisCruisers thank you for the mention and beautiful wedding photo! Happy Anniversary!!

@grapau27 Excellent book

Snowball drink!  For some reason just the name intrigues me, I'm picturing Snowball pastries you can buy in the store.  

I'll check back in this evening, have a nice Friday everyone!

• Like 16
  • Thanks 5

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

3 good days. Reading was a great escape for me as a child, and still is. 401(k)s are helpful in saving for retirement. Food banks help many; I volunteered at one in the past. A good quote. Yes to the meal, maybe on the 2nd iteration of the drink and pass on the wine. I haven't been to Nathon. Sad that Magellan didn't return with his ship and I've heard of Piggly Wiggly but didn't know it was that old. 

Our run of sunny days is ending, with storms tonight and tomorrow. Also cooler weather in the 60's, but today will be 80. I'm about the same; some dizziness with change in head position (but not spinning), and the knee. I'm headed to PT midday, then the post office and maybe a stop at Aldi. Then tidying up. BFF wants to come over tomorrow to watch the LOTR prequel, since it's on Amazon prime.

@StLouisCruisers Happy 55th Anniversary to you and Dennis! You two are so handsome/beautiful in that photo from your wedding day. 

@ottahand7 I'm sad to hear of more complications for DB. I suppose with not being able to get around, he was more prone to a PE, but I'd think in the hospital they would have had him on preventive sq heparin. Prayers that the IV heparin does the trick. It must be a big one if they're considering going in to remove it. Prayers for him. 

@Heartgrove Good news about DSIL getting a boot and good healing.

@kochleffel Sorry you're still waking up so early. I do too sometimes, but can usually fall back asleep.

@Lady Hudson I hope they can get to the bottom of DH's chest pain.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Sorry to hear DH has some issues not fixed by the shunt adjustment. For some reason they recommended the Brandt-Daroff maneuver, even though the Epley is thought to be more effective. I think because it is easier than the Epley. I go back to ENT next week for more testing and to see the doctor. Thanks for the photos from Koh Samui. 

@cruising sister Thanks for sharing the photo of new baby Rooney Renee and Murphy. Murphy looks like she's doing well.

@marshhawk Congrats on the sale. 

@ger_77 Good job on all the blankets. I hope DH has a more restful night tonight; and you too!

@Vict0riann I hope Pat's visit to the surgeon goes well and that he gets a date for surgery.

@atexsix Good luck with your US Bruno.

@kazu Prayers for you and I hope you're doing ok.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those Celebrating.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 8

5 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  Today we celebrate 55 years of marriage!  Of course the weather isn’t going to cooperate and give us a beautiful day.  The temp now is 68F and the forecast is rain this afternoon and evening with a high temp of 75.

Thanks Rich @richwmn for all the work you did ahead of time to keep the Daily and Fleet Report going.  I applaud all the days of recognition today.  The quote is a good one, would try the flank steak, say no to the cocktail and am not sure I'd appreciate the wine so will leave that to those who would.  Interesting about Magellan's expedition but sad he didn't return with the ship.  Good old Piggly Wiggly supermarkets!  A big thanks to Eva @superoma, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard for the F&B reports!

Prayers continue for the families of the Winder, GA families who lost their loved ones Wednesday.  I hope those recovering from injuries are doing better.  Also I send prayers to Tana and Terry, Chuck and Annie, Joy’s DS Bonnie, Nancy’s DB, Ann and Pat, Melisa and her DH, Jacqui, Elizabeth, Roy, Terri and Jim, and Bruno having his ultrasound today.  Last but not least is my DB, the people of Israel and Ukraine and the hostages who still remain held, and the troops overseas in harm’s way every day.  So many people suffering!  But to all celebrating special events today like I am, I send my best wishes, and to those cruising and preparing to cruise.  Have a wonderful day!  Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for your mention of DH and I.  We all appreciate your hard work each day.

The port of the day is Nathon (Koh Samui), Thailand.  This was only reported on once before and I haven’t been there yet so no photos today.  Here is the link for your convenience in retrieving your photos.

Hoping everyone has a great day!  I requested lunch out instead of dinner, but we also want to pick up groceries (4X Friday Fuel Points at Kroger).  DS has been happy to get $1.00 off each gallon of gas the last time he stopped at Kroger for gas.  He said he coasted into the gas station and put in 18.3 gallons, saving a whopping $18.03.  He likes a bargain as much as we do.  We use so little gas we let him fill up his cars on our dime (or dollar!)

Going back in the Time Machine, here are DH and I, aged 21 and 19 cutting the cake at our reception.  

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

May you both live as long as you want.

And never want as long as you live.

Jim.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Lorraine, thanks for the picture of the two cuties.  Murphy has certainly grown, and Rooney Renee is precious.

Joy, I enjoyed the book earlier this summer.

Lenda

So did I.  I read a lot of historical fiction or books based on true stories.  Did you read the Edelweiss Sisters?  Another book from the same time period I couldn't put down.

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

3 good days. Reading was a great escape for me as a child, and still is. 401(k)s are helpful in saving for retirement. Food banks help many; I volunteered at one in the past. A good quote. Yes to the meal, maybe on the 2nd iteration of the drink and pass on the wine. I haven't been to Nathon. Sad that Magellan didn't return with his ship and I've heard of Piggly Wiggly but didn't know it was that old. 

Our run of sunny days is ending, with storms tonight and tomorrow. Also cooler weather in the 60's, but today will be 80. I'm about the same; some dizziness with change in head position (but not spinning), and the knee. I'm headed to PT midday, then the post office and maybe a stop at Aldi. Then tidying up. BFF wants to come over tomorrow to watch the LOTR prequel, since it's on Amazon prime.

@StLouisCruisers Happy 55th Anniversary to you and Dennis! You two are so handsome/beautiful in that photo from your wedding day. 

@ottahand7 I'm sad to hear of more complications for DB. I suppose with not being able to get around, he was more prone to a PE, but I'd think in the hospital they would have had him on preventive sq heparin. Prayers that the IV heparin does the trick. It must be a big one if they're considering going in to remove it. Prayers for him. 

@Heartgrove Good news about DSIL getting a boot and good healing.

@kochleffel Sorry you're still waking up so early. I do too sometimes, but can usually fall back asleep.

@Lady Hudson I hope they can get to the bottom of DH's chest pain.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Sorry to hear DH has some issues not fixed by the shunt adjustment. For some reason they recommended the Brandt-Daroff maneuver, even though the Epley is thought to be more effective. I think because it is easier than the Epley. I go back to ENT next week for more testing and to see the doctor. Thanks for the photos from Koh Samui. 

@cruising sister Thanks for sharing the photo of new baby Rooney Renee and Murphy. Murphy looks like she's doing well.

@marshhawk Congrats on the sale. 

@ger_77 Good job on all the blankets. I hope DH has a more restful night tonight; and you too!

@Vict0riann I hope Pat's visit to the surgeon goes well and that he gets a date for surgery.

@atexsix Good luck with your US Bruno.

@kazu Prayers for you and I hope you're doing ok.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those Celebrating.

Thanks Vanessa, I will let the daily know how it goes.  I don't know if they will give me the results right then and there or refer me back to Vascular, Neurology, or Primary.  

• Like 14

Good morning, 

Another warm day in this part of the Pacific Northwest. Packing is at the top of the list. I have my clothes ready to go and it shouldn't take me too long. I have errands in town today including the pool and a few other stops. One is to pick up DD DH's ashes at the funeral home. It's going to be good to have this burial at sea done. I know he would have  loved the idea. 

Yes to books! I have a hard copy one at the bedside and always have books on my kindle app on the iPad. I also will be checking out the library on the Eurodam tomorrow. I support our food bank as well. 

@StLouisCruisers Happy Anniversary!!!!!

Karen

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, atexsix said:

It's finally Friday, sure felt like a long week for some odd reason.  I'll be leaving for the hospital to do the ultrasound test around 2:00 which will be right about the hottest time of the day.  But today is probably going to be the last 90+ day of the season, however yesterday at 94 wasn't all that bad, and as soon as the sun set it felt chilly.

For those who missed the update yesterday, DM got ahold of an exterminator about the bee hive and he's going to be over next week, in the meantime they need to stay away from it, which won't be difficult because that side of the house gets little activity, probably the reason the bees chose it in the first place.  Because it's in the siding of the house, it's most likely wasps, hornets, or carpenter bees, which are a little less aggressive than the former.  He doesn't think they are honey bees.  

@JazzyV @ottahand7 @Haljo1935 @Quartzsite Cruiser @ger_77 thank you for the care shoutout today

@StLouisCruisers thank you for the mention and beautiful wedding photo! Happy Anniversary!!

@grapau27 Excellent book

Snowball drink!  For some reason just the name intrigues me, I'm picturing Snowball pastries you can buy in the store.  

I'll check back in this evening, have a nice Friday everyone!

Good luck with your ultrasound scan today.

I hope everything is fine.

• Like 14

4 minutes ago, luvteaching said:

Good morning, 

Another warm day in this part of the Pacific Northwest. Packing is at the top of the list. I have my clothes ready to go and it shouldn't take me too long. I have errands in town today including the pool and a few other stops. One is to pick up DD DH's ashes at the funeral home. It's going to be good to have this burial at sea done. I know he would have  loved the idea. 

Yes to books! I have a hard copy one at the bedside and always have books on my kindle app on the iPad. I also will be checking out the library on the Eurodam tomorrow. I support our food bank as well. 

@StLouisCruisers Happy Anniversary!!!!!

Karen

I'm really excited for you Karen, I hope you and your friends have a wonderful sailing, I know one thing, the weather in Seattle will be a lot different by the time you get back.  The low next Sunday morning is predicted to be 50.

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good luck with your ultrasound scan today.

I hope everything is fine.

Thank you.  I sure hope so.  

• Like 15

Good morning and thanks all! 
@StLouisCruisershappy 55 th anniversary! Nice to see your wedding photo. 
@Seasick Sailor prayers for Bonnie! 
@grapau27 thanks for setting my mind to rest re the veggies! I see internet must be back as you’re full throttle with 7 posts on page one alone😂

@atexsix hope all goes well today.  

I love reading,  my favourite lately is The Covenant of Water, best I’ve read in years. 

I couldn’t properly post wildlife earlier from the cell phone so I’ll share a special one today, we watched this Swainson’s hawk catch a salamander.  

DSC_2463.jpeg

DSC_2459.jpeg

DSC_2461.jpeg

DSC_2467.jpeg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 5

Good morning all!

I'm late this morning.  Yesterday afternoon I got my flu shot and last night slept 10 hours (!) No side effects other than that long sleep, slight headache, and surprisingly not even a sore arm this time.  I did take Tylenol before the vaccine and before bed.  So I had 3 pages to catch up on this morning.

All good days to celebrate, I'll pass on the meal only because Cajun seasoning doesn't agree with me. 😞  I'd like to try the drink and know I would like the wine.  We haven't been to Thailand yet, thank you Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser for the great photos!

Yesterday as always I had a wonderful time with BFF at lunch.  On the drive home it was 91 in Marysville, 86 here.  It will be about the same today.  I'm ready for cooler weather, even rain.  After 3 months of summer on the GANZ it seems like we haven't had any other season for a long time.  Today DH will finish up the sanding on the deck and then I'll put more stain down before the rains start.

Tonight DD is bringing dinner and they will all spend the night here.  Early in the morning DD and DSIL will drive up to Mt. Vernon and start the day-long MS bike ride.  It will be so nice to have the day with the DGSs.

Happy Anniversary Sandi and Dennis @StLouisCruisers!!  You got married exactly 3 weeks before we did!  Similar ages too, we were 18 and 21.  Beautiful photo!

Bruno @atexsix best wishes for a good outcome today.

Nancy @ottahand7 Prayers for your DB.

Lorraine @cruising sister What a darling photo of two cuties -- thank you for sharing!  

Joy @Seasick Sailor continued prayers for your DS Bonnie.

Edited by Cruising-along
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 4

6 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Wine of the Day - 2021 Riesling, Kiedricher Trocken, Robert Weil, Rheingau

I participate in a small online group of wine buffs in which a theme is chosen every Tuesday evening.  Coincidentally, the theme for this past Tuesday was German wines.  This is the wine that the XBGuys had.

IMG_3452.jpg.d60dd19853734973f79b7faea574185e.jpg

Not quite the same bottling as todays Daily Wine of the Day but close--the same maker.

I was quite surprised at how much I enjoyed this wine/  I could not recall ever enjoying a dry Riesling, but this one was very good.  It was refreshing with light flavor of tart white flesh fruit--think Granny Smith apples.  Since today's wine has the special designation "Kiedricher," I suspect it is better than mine.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 4

All 3 days are good, although I agree it would be nice to not need food banks. Sadly, they are needed by many. The meal, drink & wine all sound good, although I've never had a Snowball. Once again the port is beautiful - so much of Thailand is pretty based on the photos I've seen (never been there).

@StLouisCruisers Happy Anniversary, and what a great wedding photo!

@ottahand7 Best wishes regarding your brother - hope he has a full recovery from this ordeal

@ger_77 What a nice thing to do (the blankets) and they look great! I'm sure the children will appreciate them.

Happy that it's finally Friday! No big plans for the weekend, but I'll enjoy not having to go to work 🙂

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

Aloha! I enjoyed my time with granddaughter yesterday morning while the others paid respects at Pearl Harbor. All of us enjoyed the pool  in the afternoon and then went out for Thai dinner. They advertised most authentic Thai food in USA. I think not I was not impressed. 
Son and family have rented a car and will be touring around the North Shore, Dole Plantation etc. Sue and I will be headed for the adult pool and will enjoy a relaxing day. Tomorrow we fly hop over to Kauai. It will be nice to get settled, unpacked and enjoy one of our happy places.

@StLouisCruisers Sandi and Dennis Happy Anniversary.🍾

At 7:00 AM it appears to be another beautiful day so time to get moving. 
Have a great weekend. B.

image.thumb.jpeg.47efb0f0b7492780698a2b3dd78270d9.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e1ca66d2c9540a3c8d24c60d8f5aa162.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.067eca2149c23b6cb64ccf541ade4829.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.301ee81b31d9b4d9d6cda0b4d2ee26ad.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.951645dd1bbeb6fe82934cfdc797d84d.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e0feb90ea5e5fe69d7eda0f538b8325f.jpeg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  Today we celebrate 55 years of marriage!  Of course the weather isn’t going to cooperate and give us a beautiful day.  The temp now is 68F and the forecast is rain this afternoon and evening with a high temp of 75.

Thanks Rich @richwmn for all the work you did ahead of time to keep the Daily and Fleet Report going.  I applaud all the days of recognition today.  The quote is a good one, would try the flank steak, say no to the cocktail and am not sure I'd appreciate the wine so will leave that to those who would.  Interesting about Magellan's expedition but sad he didn't return with the ship.  Good old Piggly Wiggly supermarkets!  A big thanks to Eva @superoma, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard for the F&B reports!

Prayers continue for the families of the Winder, GA families who lost their loved ones Wednesday.  I hope those recovering from injuries are doing better.  Also I send prayers to Tana and Terry, Chuck and Annie, Joy’s DS Bonnie, Nancy’s DB, Ann and Pat, Melisa and her DH, Jacqui, Elizabeth, Roy, Terri and Jim, and Bruno having his ultrasound today.  Last but not least is my DB, the people of Israel and Ukraine and the hostages who still remain held, and the troops overseas in harm’s way every day.  So many people suffering!  But to all celebrating special events today like I am, I send my best wishes, and to those cruising and preparing to cruise.  Have a wonderful day!  Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for your mention of DH and I.  We all appreciate your hard work each day.

The port of the day is Nathon (Koh Samui), Thailand.  This was only reported on once before and I haven’t been there yet so no photos today.  Here is the link for your convenience in retrieving your photos.

Hoping everyone has a great day!  I requested lunch out instead of dinner, but we also want to pick up groceries (4X Friday Fuel Points at Kroger).  DS has been happy to get $1.00 off each gallon of gas the last time he stopped at Kroger for gas.  He said he coasted into the gas station and put in 18.3 gallons, saving a whopping $18.03.  He likes a bargain as much as we do.  We use so little gas we let him fill up his cars on our dime (or dollar!)

Going back in the Time Machine, here are DH and I, aged 21 and 19 cutting the cake at our reception.  

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

Happy Anniversary! 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, summer slope said:

Ingredients:
3 1/2 oz. Lemonade
3/4 oz. Lime Juice
2 oz. Warninks Advocaat Liqueur

Directions:
Pour lemonade and lime juice into ice-filled glass and then the advocaat which will most sink through the other ingredients.  Lightly stir to integrate while remaining the lemonade’s carbonation.

I found another recipe with different ingredients.  This one sounds more like a snowball.  This recipe doesn’t give exact measurements.
This snowball recipe is made with ice cream and amaretto, which provides a slightly bitter, but sweet kick with the smoothness of ice cream and vanilla.
Ingredients:
Amaretto
Vanilla Ice Cream
Milk
Marshmallow (Toasted for the cutest garnish.)

Directions:
Mix all three ingredients together in your blender until smooth.
Pour into sugar rimmed glass to serve.

How to Rim a Cocktail Glass
Pour a small amount of simple syrup onto a small plate or saucer. (Maple syrup would work as well depending on what you were using on your rim.)
Next, pour a small amount of your rimming dust onto another small plate or saucer.
Dip your empty drink glass first into the maple syrup, then in your rimming sugar or crushed cookies.
Add the Snowball mixture and serve.

Screenshot 2024-09-06 at 6.21.13 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-09-06 at 6.21.05 AM.png

I stay away from this drink. It has a snowball effect on me! 😳

• Like 4
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all! 
@StLouisCruisershappy 55 th anniversary! Nice to see your wedding photo. 
@Seasick Sailor prayers for Bonnie! 
@grapau27 thanks for setting my mind to rest re the veggies! I see internet must be back as you’re full throttle with 7 posts on page one alone😂

@atexsix hope all goes well today.  

I love reading,  my favourite lately is The Covenant of Water, best I’ve read in years. 

I couldn’t properly post wildlife earlier from the cell phone so I’ll share a special one today, we watched this Swainson’s hawk catch a salamander.  

DSC_2463.jpeg

DSC_2459.jpeg

DSC_2461.jpeg

DSC_2467.jpeg

Thank you.

I appreciate you liking my post's 😁

I am going to have internet problems again this Sunday so Father David's sermon I will post on Monday.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Good afternoon from Bar Harbor!

We had immigration this morning and it made a mess of our plans.  We were called right after we got our breakfast.  We ate first.  We left the ship at 10:15 and they still had a ways to go.  Not sure when they finished.

On shore we checked out a few stores for things we can’t live without.  Then we had lunch - scallops and lobster.  Tonight is the Pinnacle Grill.  

I’d post pictures but they are coming out upside down and I am too lazy today to fix them.

Hoping you are all having a wonderful day.  Healing thoughts for all who need them.

• Like 27

2 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

I'm late this morning.  Yesterday afternoon I got my flu shot and last night slept 10 hours (!) No side effects other than that long sleep, slight headache, and surprisingly not even a sore arm this time.  I did take Tylenol before the vaccine and before bed.  So I had 3 pages to catch up on this morning.

All good days to celebrate, I'll pass on the meal only because Cajun seasoning doesn't agree with me. 😞  I'd like to try the drink and know I would like the wine.  We haven't been to Thailand yet, thank you Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser for the great photos!

Yesterday as always I had a wonderful time with BFF at lunch.  On the drive home it was 91 in Marysville, 86 here.  It will be about the same today.  I'm ready for cooler weather, even rain.  After 3 months of summer on the GANZ it seems like we haven't had any other season for a long time.  Today DH will finish up the sanding on the deck and then I'll put more stain down before the rains start.

Tonight DD is bringing dinner and they will all spend the night here.  Early in the morning DD and DSIL will drive up to Mt. Vernon and start the day-long MS bike ride.  It will be so nice to have the day with the DGSs.

Happy Anniversary Sandi and Dennis @StLouisCruisers!!  You got married exactly 3 weeks before we did!  Similar ages too, we were 18 and 21.  Beautiful photo!

Lorraine @cruising sister What a darling photo of two cuties -- thank you for sharing!  

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

Thanks!

• Like 9

6 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

This is what I posted about our visit to Koh Samui on November 17, 2022.

We hired a taxi for a tour of the island.  This is a map of the island that was at one of our stops.

The red arrow points to the park with the giant Buddha and other statues is located.  The other arrow points to Nathon and the area of the tender dock.  Koh Samui district is around the "bump" on the eastern side of the island.

InkedInkedIMG_2535.thumb.jpg.206a179d3922dc48a88ba09752b925d8.jpg

This is the dock where we tendered.  The people on the right side of the pictures near the bus with all their luggage were catching up with the ship.  They fly flew to Bangkok in time to catch the ship, but there were problems with the plane, and they made an unexpected stop in Anchorage until another plane became available.  Most were dressed for tropical weather, and were not dressed for Anchorage in April.  Regal Princes is in the background.  There were so many flying from Bangkok that Princess chartered the plane so there would be room for the passengers and their luggage.  The non-ship passengers were booted off the plane.

IMG_2507.thumb.JPG.295e15aa701f6db0f1e5ce02d24ee979.JPG

The Giant Buddha up close and viewed from a town outside the park.

IMG_2511.thumb.JPG.1a841ad04d8c60bbb10c6d1cd4df1a33.JPG

IMG_2520.thumb.JPG.80ed4439f04ec279a491ed18dd3c3f92.JPG

Here are a few more of the many statues.  The park was still a work in progress.

IMG_2512.thumb.JPG.06389f92029719b0cf327374a3daa5c8.JPG

IMG_2515.thumb.JPG.742323be22f7540e4d791859c928e31d.JPG

IMG_2524.thumb.JPG.bdc36920b1e514060ae06c00a7eac978.JPG

A small temple

IMG_2521.thumb.JPG.253c5d96b74856345d6fd46ab0f4ac44.JPG

IMG_2523.thumb.JPG.19c73a853c4e0d33ae225b199e1a1182.JPG

Ko Samui has many very nice beaches and an interesting coastline.

IMG_2508.thumb.JPG.ccab07000702e353c8888adeeca6287b.JPG

IMG_2509.thumb.JPG.e604c36506c194155a6d9a183a4aac0e.JPG

IMG_2528.thumb.JPG.657348166f52e144cbb41a60bb2c6402.JPG

We just viewed the shore from the top of the steps.

IMG_2529.thumb.JPG.782c926c8ed1c300c916d8186ae27a5c.JPG

IMG_2540.thumb.JPG.f0d5877333df1879a8975a4c23a64db7.JPG

A shopping and dining opportunity near a beach

IMG_2545.thumb.JPG.6657973f1ab68f65ab979a426e098d74.JPG

This is as close to riding an elephant as we've ever been.  😉

IMG_2552.thumb.JPG.665acb99f97accb8afb677ada10b2018.JPG

The main street in Nathon.

IMG_2554.thumb.JPG.dfd70d65ee7ffa3a38561b2cb65dd81c.JPG

We enjoyed our day on Ko Samui and meeting all the friendly people.

Lenda

Very interesting Lenda.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

Good morning everyone, a rainy one again.  Thanks for the Daily and maps Rich and Sandi.   Three good days, I read my books on BHBs.   Feeding America is in the area frequently for drive through pick up.  A nice quote today.  I love flank steak so today's meal is a winner.  Pass on the snowballs but today's Riesling I would love.  Thanks for finding these for us each day ladies.  I look forward to photos of our port of the day. 

Thanks for the cares and celebrations reports Vanessa.   @atexsix I hope your ultrasound goes well today.  Prayers for all in our group who are facing personal trials or illnesses, Chuck and Annie, Tana and Terry, Terri and Jim, Melissa, Ann, Bonnie, Pat, Sandi's DB, Jacqui and everyone else who are ailing or grieving.   Prayers for the families of the GA shooting victims.  So happy that they charged the killer's dad for giving him that assault weapon after he already had been investigated.  Prayers for the people of Ukraine and everyone else in war zones. 

A crisis day for my DB Nick.  He has been diagnosed with a pulmonary embolism.  They put him on a heparin drip and if it isn't dissolved today they want to go in through his leg to remove it. If not for this hospital acquired issue he would have been discharged to rehab to get him moving again.  Then they were planning on doing more surgery on Tuesday.  I am afraid the procedure today may loosen a clot and cause a stroke.  I don't know why the rush instead of letting the heparin do the work.  Prayers needed, thanks in advance for them everyone. 

The Raven game was exciting and it is a game of inches and we missed our final TD by being 1/2" out of bounds. I am sure the Ravens got a lot out of that game.  Raiders ten days from now.  

A wet day here again.  The clouds break enough to allow a little solar on our batteries so our generator hasn't run yet.  It is 45 and high in the 50s with wind.  I had work to do for Garden Club but my phone won't open an important document so I am dead in the water.  I may ask her to copy and paste the contents into two emails.  Have a great Friday! Nancy 

Nancy,

Prayers for your brother.

I hope the embolism dissolves.  Having had a PE, I know how concerning this is.  I am surprised just as you that they do not let the blood thinner do its job.  

He is on the top of my prayer list.

Terri

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1