1st Time word to the wise

Just got off the brilliance this past Monday. Great cruise great crew.

One problem, a passenger. We decorate our door. A passenger took

our best and largest sign off the door. It was not crew. Video was 

not clear on face, did show clothes. One never knows.

New world new type cruisers. Live and learn

• Haha 1

That's sad that you can't trust people to leave your stuff alone.  I've seen a lot of decorations on doors but the worst thing to put on your door is a chalkboard or dry erase board.  A couple cabins down the hall from us had these when we were on the HOTS.  The pictures people drew on them were HORRIBLE - bordering on sexual harassment.  I reported them to one of the officers and he took it very seriously.  Boards were down after that.  

Sounds like maybe it wasn’t kids this time. We are on the brilliance now, the cruise after yours, and have about 80 kids. We learned that you had 10 or so on the transatlantic. 

sorry about your sign. We have a cute little sign on our door this week. No problem, if it is stolen as it came from the dollar store. If somebody needs a one dollar door decoration that badly, they can have it

m

Quite a few years ago , my friend was cruising on Jewel the week before we were on her. By chance we both had GSs on the same deck, just a few doors apart. She had a crocheted VaTech scarf on her door and planned to as the SC if he could have it placed in our door when we embarked. Someone stole it the last night of her cruise!

18 hours ago, trippintex said:

what floor where you on? we where on 10 and they made me take mine down. Friend on 9 had theirs placed on the bed.

We were on 8 and there were many doors decorated all very nice. we saw other floors decorated as well. Will continue to do it, as long as OK with the ship. As someone said, they need it that bad to fulfill their life, take it.

19 hours ago, Thesandman12 said:

19 hours ago, trippintex said:

what floor where you on? we where on 10 and they made me take mine down. Friend on 9 had theirs placed on the bed.

You sure it was a passenger? As the post after yours reported and I’ve seen it on another thread, Brilliance has been reported as not allowing door decorations.

6 minutes ago, blackshirt said:

You sure it was a passenger? As the post after yours reported and I’ve seen it on another thread, Brilliance has been reported as not allowing door decorations.

Quite sure, got it on video, could not see the face, camera was too far down the hall. We had magnet signs, room steward and desk said those were ok. We even had a different door covering for Halloween. no problems, in 40 cruises never had a problem.

We have been putting various magnet fish on our door for years (one out for each day).  Usually no problems, and pax/crew get a kick out of it when they realize the day coincides with the number of fish out.

This last Oasis cruise, even though I put the fish way up high on the door (so was not a child)...some jerk decided to steal 3 of them (the prettiest ones).   

Later I took them down and added a note to the door:  "To the person that stole our fish, shame on you!!  Hope you smiled for the camera directly above your head".  😠

Always best not to put any decorations out that you can't afford to lose.  Jerks happen.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 3

I've had magnets stolen.  Don't bring them anymore.  They help finding your cabin, especially with the DX.

Friend in a suite had one stolen.  His cabin attendant spotted it next door on the inside of their cabin door.  It was retrieved after that.  

Sometimes people mess with them and relocate them down the hall.  Don't assume the cabin your find them at did it.  

Last week I had my "Sleeping off the adventure" Royal magnet stolen off my door.  Cabin attendant told me my neighbor also reported theirs missing.  

On 11/24/2019 at 2:48 PM, DrivesLikeMario said:

That's sad that you can't trust people to leave your stuff alone.  I've seen a lot of decorations on doors but the worst thing to put on your door is a chalkboard or dry erase board.  A couple cabins down the hall from us had these when we were on the HOTS.  The pictures people drew on them were HORRIBLE - bordering on sexual harassment.  I reported them to one of the officers and he took it very seriously.  Boards were down after that.  

I always put a whiteboard on my stateroom door.

Most of the time, the things that people  write are very nice, and harmless.  Sometimes profanity is written, and I just erase it.

My last cruise, I had lots of nice comments.  Someone wrote something "bad", and I didn't have a chance to erase it immediately.  Others did the erasing for me.  I thought that was very nice.

• Like 2

On 11/25/2019 at 6:25 AM, Thesandman12 said:

Post the vision 

Did you actually see the video?

I don’t buy it.
They could have tracked where that person just came from and where they went afterwards. 

If Royal doesn’t want to get involved, fine, stop the lies. 

Believe:  if they wanted to catch him/her they would have. 

I love to see the door decorations, though I don’t participate. 

5 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

If you like decorating the door, may I suggest you try DCL.

I was on for Halloween and I would guess 30% of doors were decorated with signs, magnets, pictures, organizers for parents etc etc.

I never saw any of them removed.

Yeah, only have to pay double the price for a cruise. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, twangster said:

Last week I had my "Sleeping off the adventure" Royal magnet stolen off my door.  Cabin attendant told me my neighbor also reported theirs missing.  

Pretty common even in hotels.  Kid's (and some childish adults) seem to like to either steal the signs, or switch them to "make up room" or place them on another door as a joke.  Annoying for sure to have the maid or cabin steward knock on your door while sleeping, or to have to find another sign.  I was a career airline pilot.  A number of times I'd get to my room very late at night after a long day and have to hand write a "Do not Disturb" sign on paper as the sign in the room was missing. 

Edited by papaflamingo