How do an 87 and 89 year old get home from Freemantle?

Kindergirl

OK this all went pretty smooth and fast! They had a wheelchair assist guy, Victor, pushing Jim up the ramp from CBP to the waiting area where I was. After greetings, Jim insisted that Cathi take his seat in the chair (a true gentleman) and Victor pushed her to T2 with Jim, with his walker, and I following in trail like two fully domesticated husbands should 😜

Upon arrival at T2, we discovered that Delta had closed down their ticket counter there. What?? No worries! We swapped Victor for two ladies with two wheelchairs and off our happy party went on a little trek to the adjacent Delta T3. 

Great service by Delta there and they are now scheduled on the 10:40 AM flt to ATL with a connecting flt to TPA (not MCO/Orlando) for a no doubt joyful reunion with Deb there at 6:37 PM tonite

And so, hopefully, ends this saga! 😃

Edited by Copper10-8
  • Like 41
  • Thanks 3

For @Copper10-8 

Oh, I believe there are Angels Among Us,
Sent down to us from somewhere up above.
They come to you and me in our darkest hours
To show us how to live
To teach us how to give
To guide us with a light of love.
They wear so many faces,
Show up in the strangest places
And grace us with their mercies in our time of need.

Sir, you are a treasure.
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, rjbean4 said:

The new plan, yes I think it is plan V, is Atlanta to Tampa and they get in just after 6:30 tonight. 

I live in Michigan but fly Tampa frequently. It might be helpful to know--from Tampa Airport's website:

Short Term Garage: Under 60 minutes is free; 61-80 minutes $4; each additional 20 min. $2.

Max Charge- $22 max. per 24 hours. Elevator access to the main terminal.

Long Term Garage: Under 60 minutes is free; 61-80 minutes $4; each additional 20 min. $2.
Max Charge- $18 max. per 24 hours. Walkway or Monorail access to the main terminal.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

OK this all went pretty smooth and fast! They had a wheelchair assist guy, Victor, pushing Jim up the ramp from CBP to the waiting area where I was. After greetings, Jim insisted that Cathi take his seat in the chair (a true gentleman) and Victor pushed her to T2 with Jim, with his walker, and I following in trail like two fully domesticated husbands should 😜

Upon arrival at T2, we discovered that Delta had closed down their ticket counter there. What?? No worries! We swapped Victor for two ladies with two wheelchairs and off our happy party went on a little trek to the adjacent Delta T3. 

Great service by Delta there and they are now scheduled on the 10:40 AM flt to ATL with a connecting flt to TPA (not MCO/Orlando) for a no doubt joyful reunion with Deb there at 6:37 PM tonite

And so, hopefully, ends this saga! 😃

I cannot thank you enough for what you've done for this family!

I identify strongly with @kindergirl. I spent about 10 years taking care of my elderly parents and grandparents from a state away and this just warms my heart. You've brought her immense comfort.

You are truly a special man. 🥰

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Sitting here grinning, with tears in my eyes.

Copper 10-8,  your actions were selfless, Thank you.

Kindergirl if your parents are anything like mine were they're probably wondering what all the fuss was about!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Thank you, Copper John. It is too easy these days to get lost in news we'd rather not hear. A story about one with a good heart doing something truly nice reaches far into these dark times to shine a light on how things should be and can be, if we are only willing.

Lori & George

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sotiris said:

Thanks for the photo.  They look amazing , give the roller coaster ride they’ve been on.  Safe travels for the next flights.

They do! They look relaxed, like they just got off a little 1-hour flight, not the incredible trek they've been on. 

I've always said that generation is tough, tougher than the generations that followed them.

• Like 9

Copper10-8 & Kindergirl.

Have been sitting in social distancing at home in the UK following this breathtaking saga!

Copper -  what you did defines the basic human tenet of ‘ do unto others as you would have done unto you - it was a truly selfless act! Bravo to you!

Kindergirl, we are all so glad that they are nearly home - looking surprisingly spritely after such a long and gruelling journey.

even in this very dark time - there is true goodness in the world!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1