Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

@Lionesss glad you are feeling better.  You are at 10 days, or so, to be promoted to the grandma category. 

And if it happens in 8 days it wound the greatest birthday gift for me.  

But when ever she decides to make her appearance. I will be ecstatic!!!

AED733BE-CCDC-4F20-9A8C-127175BCEEEC.thumb.jpeg.6cd42231ab56411ecb4cb9d0c255dfe1.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

Good morning. 

This morning is the first day since Sunday I can honestly say I feel good.  The heel is feeling better. The rest helped it heal. 

Then just when you think all is good you get the “ land version” of Noro virus. Yup. Was battling lower GI events for 48 hours. ( need I say more). Best way to lose weight 8 pounds to be exact.  I know I need to rehydrate. And have been drinking water and ginger ale. 

Between visits to the “John” we decorated a little over the past few days. 

We will be traveling to spend Christmas with the kids so we only put up one tree In family room and a few decorations in foyer. 

We were gifted a porcelain tree almost 30 years ago and the cat nativity we found on line. 

Today. Walking. Window shopping. 

Hope all are well. 
Be safe. 

009D79D5-4320-4878-85B7-55C0040A3DEA.thumb.jpeg.27899ee94be16844c6747b00d5b7a03c.jpeg

Oh no, Sue, so sorry to read you've been ill.  Hope by now you're better!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I want to know how they got so many Ft. Lauderdale streets, and other Florida highways clear of traffic to do this?  

I recognize a lot of those areas

Usually these videos are filmed on a Sunday morning when traffic is generally less.  The police that you saw in the background were there to make certain that np cars get through the official road blocks further down the street. They would have also gotten whatever permits are needed from the local municipalities. I too recognized a lot of the background, especially the Princess Terminal from back in the day when we cruised with them.

I also recognized the drag racing ElCamino, which is named Mullet. That car is owned by a YouTube "star" from the Tampa Area name Cleetus McFarland. He has made a career from racing/automotive life on YouTube with over 3 million followers. He has had so much success he purchased an abandoned race track, called the Freedom Factory, in the Tampa area and hosts numerous events annually.  He also holds similar events across the country through the year.  He is also know for his love of drag racing across, to which he competes at the country. A perfect cameo as Travis has also taken part in events at the Freedom Factory. 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, brillohead said:

All curtains from what I can tell.  I had an inside GTY and got assigned an accessible room, so I can fit like fifteen people in my bathroom!  LOL

Friends in an outside room and friends in a balcony room (concierge class) also have shower curtains, so it's not just my non-standard bathroom that has the curtains.

This is the 10-day itinerary from Tampa stopping in San Juan, St. Maarten, Antigua, St Thomas, and Dominican Republic.  

And the Thalasso pool is HEAVEN.  I have a waterproof Kindle, and I've spent many hours lounging on the metal tubes.  There have been more than a couple naps taken in the glorious warm water, too.  It's just a few degrees cooler than the hot tub -- absolute bliss.

Thank you for the information. What are you charging for community showers in your 15-person- bathroom? LOL! 🤣

I am looking forward to that thalasso pool!😁

We are on the 10 Night Caribbean and the Americas, that overnights in Cartagena. I am running out of things to do/see in Cartagena, since we have been there many times, but Panama will be a new port stop for us.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Coralc said:

All I can think of is Frank Sinatra. 😛 Our Latino bus driver from Ensenada to San Diego across the border, only had one CD for his passengers. And it played the whole time for three hours. Greatest Hits. Now I will be singing that earworm again. ☺️

I would be just fine with that as I am a huge "Chairman of the Board" fan.

3 hours ago, Lionesss said:

We were gifted a porcelain tree almost 30 years ago and the cat nativity we found on line. 

009D79D5-4320-4878-85B7-55C0040A3DEA.thumb.jpeg.27899ee94be16844c6747b00d5b7a03c.jpeg

Love those porcelain lighted trees. We have one from Linda's mom's. It's probably 50 years old.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Usually these videos are filmed on a Sunday morning when traffic is generally less.  The police that you saw in the background were there to make certain that np cars get through the official road blocks further down the street. They would have also gotten whatever permits are needed from the local municipalities. I too recognized a lot of the background, especially the Princess Terminal from back in the day when we cruised with them.

It was definitely some pretty awesome driving skill.  I can imagine the amount of practice that needs to go into some of those “near misses”

I remember taking my kids to the mall parking lot, on early Sunday mornings in the winter.  It was the best place for them to learn how those big, rear drive, cars handled in snow and ice.  Not that I encouraged doing donuts, but that seemed like a natural progression, after they learned how to put cars into and pull them out of skids.  

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I would be just fine with that as I am a huge "Chairman of the Board" fan.

Love those porcelain lighted trees. We have one from Linda's mom's. It's probably 50 years old.

Our favorite restaurant has live music every night and they all sing lots of Sinatra, I went to lots of Sinatra concerts including in Madison square garden, Carnegie hall, Cesar place and a few locations in Dallas. 

• Like 4

Charlie was supposed to see Sinatra in Vegas.  His high roller friend got the tickets and they were to meet Sinatra after the show.  Alas, that was when Sinatra’s mom died and he had to cancel. They saw Sammy Davis instead, a bit of a let down but they said the show was good.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Charlie was supposed to see Sinatra in Vegas.  His high roller friend got the tickets and they were to meet Sinatra after the show.  Alas, that was when Sinatra’s mom died and he had to cancel. They saw Sammy Davis instead, a bit of a let down but they said the show was good.

Sinatra was going to tour with Sammy Davis and Dean Martin, but Dean canceled he was replaced with Liza , great concert but I never did get to see Dean Martin.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Coralc said:

All I can think of is Frank Sinatra. 😛 Our Latino bus driver from Ensenada to San Diego across the border, only had one CD for his passengers. And it played the whole time for three hours. Greatest Hits. Now I will be singing that earworm again. ☺️

I remember a bus ride in the mid 80s from Munich to Innsbruck and the music was all yodeling all of the time.  

I swore never again.  So, we usually rent a car or take the train.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

12 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Along with the “lighthouse” cookie display, let me show you all two of our most beloved buildings in our small town.  First, The Fitzpatrick Hotel

71AAFC0D-6B43-4928-ADF6-2CEC72D5DFE2.thumb.jpeg.d85fb05153557018dfd6228d6db56bcf.jpeg

And second, The Mary Willis Library.

C1373872-924A-4716-BE00-ED30704CA35D.thumb.jpeg.bd50182a54bb62733ef44ab59104c4b8.jpeg

You will need to come up with something better than that if you are looking for a lighthouse cookie CC vacation.😉

• Haha 8