Did anyone get the wrong amount refunded?

Here is my scenario. I cancelled my cruise on 04/04/20.

11/04/19 - $1000.00 non-refundable deposit made. Have not seen my FCC for this even though I was told I would see it within 5 days.

11/14/19 - $1800.00 made interim payment towards my cruise.

12/24/19 - $999.00 Cabana and Chill Island passes purchased.

02/03/20 - $2000.00 made interim payment towards my cruise.

04/04/20 - Cancelled cruise. Total of $4799.00 should be reimbursed to card and $1000.00 of FCC should be given. 

04/30/20 here are my refunds that showed up on my CC today.

Total refund $2800.00

RCCL shorted me $1999.00. 

I am going to call in a bit but wondering if anyone has had this happen. This is SO frustrating!

It's even more fun when the refunds go to multiple cards. DW and I both contribute to the cost of cruising, so some pieces of the refund are showing up on her card and some pieces are showing up on mine. Tough to figure out what is what until we get all the pieces.

• Like 1

We requested cash refund but today got FCC's for both dh and I and the amounts are way wrong.  Definitely not 125!%  Oh Boy, with 6 cruises to be refunded on different credit cards, this is going to be a long term accounting nightmare!

• Like 2

Received every dollar/cent of my refund, finally, yesterday.  It took some time and my calculator to figure it out as it came in multiple refunds but despite math being my least favorite subject in school, I finally was able to determine all is well and I was made whole and money is safely back in my account.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gadaboutgal said:

We requested cash refund but today got FCC's for both dh and I and the amounts are way wrong.  Definitely not 125!%  Oh Boy, with 6 cruises to be refunded on different credit cards, this is going to be a long term accounting nightmare!

A friend got his FCC today , actually came to me why I have no clue but his was to the penny correct with the 125%

4 hours ago, Hammergirl said:

11/04/19 - $1000.00 non-refundable deposit made. Have not seen my FCC for this even though I was told I would see it within 5 days.

04/04/20 - Cancelled cruise. Total of $4799.00 should be reimbursed to card and $1000.00 of FCC should be given. 

Total refund $2800.00

I am going to call in a bit but wondering if anyone has had this happen. This is SO frustrating!

As already said looks good but for one, always get refunds broke down  in not one amount like this, coming on separate dates. How Royal usually does it, even without mass cancellations 

Also the refunds will go back to the card OR cards you used.  If you paid your deposit with one card, excursions etc with different cards, and the final with another card, they will refund to each card used and not all at the same time so it is sometimes very confusing.

Got my FCC and cruise planner purchases refunded, but FCC doesn't  come out to 125%. It's  more like 110%. Should of known that's the way it would turn out.  After all, RCI uses "new" math.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jptoz said:

Got my FCC and cruise planner purchases refunded, but FCC doesn't  come out to 125%. It's  more like 110%. Should of known that's the way it would turn out.  After all, RCI uses "new" math.

After receiving an fcc yesterday, I originally thought mine was short from what I had figured but on closer investigation looking at the invoice, our C&A discount was under my fare, thus my wife’s charges were higher than mine on the invoice. 
I ended up with $410 fcc while hers was $470 which turned out to be correct in total. 

Sometimes it happens that banks take a certain commission for a refund, usually they charge the sender and the sender (the company) puts these expenses on you. Its not like its a big sum of money, but its big enough to make frustrated. It would be way more fair if at least the bank or the cruise company could warn you about it 

31 minutes ago, jptoz said:

Could it be that you were calculating  the FCC amount you expected based on the total not the total minus taxes and fees?  Perhaps taxes and fees are yet to be credited.

I finally got my refund, minus the NRD. I was told that am supposed to get the NRD as FCC, but I haven't received anything regarding that. Would love to get some kind of email or notice in my RCC account indicating the FCC. I would be more inclined to book knowing I have some credit coming.

Edited by marathondolphin

11 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The $200 was probably for taxes, which are not part of the FCC.

I don't think so.  All I had paid was $200 (deposit).  I canceled the cruise myself under "Cruise with Confidence."  It appears to have just been an error.  🤑

11 hours ago, Hammergirl said:

Total refund $2800.00

you got your $1,800 payment and your $1,000 deposit back (490+445.60+64.40=1,000.) I would venture to guess that you will get the remaining shortly.

Edited by cured

Sort of - but in a good way.

I had 100% refunded, exact to the penny.  But I believe a portion of it should have been in FCC  - however received all 100% back to my CC.  So not complaining at all.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, marathondolphin said:

I finally got my refund, minus the NRD. I was told that am supposed to get the NRD as FCC, but I haven't received anything regarding that. Would love to get some kind of email or notice in my RCC account indicating the FCC. I would be more inclined to book knowing I have some credit coming.

I got the NRD and was not expecting it in the refund!